All Comments on 'It’s All-Good'

by nici

Sort by:
  • 162 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
You are a...

...horrible human being. Reading this...that your horrible stories about this couple were stolen and twisted in part from this good man...for your own weird and twisted reasons?

Exploitation. You haven't written anything recently here...haven't been active in a long time? I simply hope the reason is that you have had an awful and painful existence. Like you contracted leprosy or the plague.

For you next story line idea...perhaps you have another childhood friend whose mother became a secret crack addict because she hated her life at home and the only way she could be happy was blowing strangers in back alleys to get her next fix? Keeping the whole thing secret from her loving hard working and oblivious husband?

YouamiYouamialmost 4 years ago

I have to say that I found you were creatively biased towards the Susan characters viewpoint. You quite clearly established that Susan good, Jonathan bad theme. Your portrayal of Susan was highly successful in one aspect...she really did not believe that she did anything wrong and you even had her serve Jonathan with divorce papers. I don't know what universe you live in, but many of your more critical readers aren't impressed by the selfish, entitled character Susan. I for one share their disappointment. In fact I would go so far to suggest that from the get go you identified with Susan. Then you treat us with this gem of real life naval gazing. After reading this supposed last chapter in the whole sorry saga, I got the distinct impression that if based on actual real life,

Cindy's father was sending you a very clear message...a message that you seem to have been too self-centered and opinionated to have grasped. Susan and by definition you do not constitute the centre of the universe despite what you may think. Do your readers a huge favour...do not attempt to portray Cindy's father in any future submissions. You will never be able to relate his emotional life story...that would take a considerable degree of empathy with faithful male spouses. From what I have gleaned from reading your works, I am afraid to say you do not demonstrate this capacity.

danoctoberdanoctoberalmost 4 years ago
@ Anonymous 4-13-20

Your comments were completely uncalled for. Insulting this author personally is wrong on so many levels.

What you wrote was 3 paragraphs insulting and cursing the author "personally". Like wtf man, that's totally wrong.

It's simple. Don't like a story? Rip it the shreds in the comments, but don't attack the author with undignified and undeserved personal Iinsults.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I don't believe you

Your little tale about your friends sounds all too convenient and everything seems fake, like cliche characters you thought up to get your points across. I think you are just a deeply troubled individual who wants to be a writer and on some level you are realising you are far from it but you can't really truly fully face it. These tales from your life to justify the writing is just another shield to protect yourself with.

You have some crazy outlooks on life as shown through your writing and your own personal views you posted at the beginning and end of some of your writing. To each their own, but the stories are just not based in any type of real reality most of us readers face.

kapat99kapat99over 3 years ago
Great story. Bad characters.

So i've just finished this tale. I loved the first part. It was extremely painful to read, and you (the author) wrote it excellently!

However, one thing was clear from the get go, and it was that the author was biased in favor of the female protagonist. I bet you 100$ that the author is a lady. :P

The author mentioned that the "why" was important. But you see, it wasn't. The "why" would have been important if she was willing to end her affair. Or if it was a one-time mistake.

But it clearly wasn't a one-time mistake. The way i see it, the relationship ended the first time she lied to her husband about Rich, or failed to mention how close she was to him.

She is clearly a narcissist. She wants her lover. She wants her marriage as well. She demeans her husband in so many ways! She won't allow him to divorce her, and threatens him!

All in all, excellently written! I feel so much hatred right now! The only other story that made me feel such rage was DQS's "when we were married".

The story was GOOD. But you need to understand how the male mind works, for your stories to be GREAT.

5 stars tho.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
She’s a cunt! *

Oh, and so is the author.

usaretusaretabout 3 years ago

Does not change my earlier comments.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Just another heartless CUNT who hates husbands. and that's the writer. The steaming pile of shit story all 3 parts Pathetic!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I liked the story all parts of it. Then I scrolled down to the comments. I had to laugh at the brainless anon's comment to an author who hasn't published in years. The 'intelligent' comments really just show how sick and stupid some people are. These scum really don't deserve their lives.

MarkT63MarkT63almost 3 years ago

Unforgivable betrayal of an honorable man...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Like the previous three stories does not tell the whole story and leaves to much up in the air and his wife only cared about what she wanted and only saw things from her point of view not his or the families needs or wants

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Way to open up old wounds bitch. Fortunately, there are sequels that do a.much better job on Susan and the asshole.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I think that you forgot to write the middle of the story

BSreaderBSreaderover 2 years ago
Where are the sequels

Where are the finishing sequels to this.

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

0 str again - thankfully you stopped contributing to this website.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This is an almost 15 year old story. I doubt that Nici even goes back and reads the comments to her story anymore. Who knows, she may not even be with us any longer. What she did was propose a tragic story for which there is no ending. Nobody wins in this story. How many of you complainers have neat little lives that don't contain conflict. How many of you have the capacity to will a positive ending to each difficult situation in which you find yourself. Be that as it is, if everything ties up neatly into a bow, you are clueless as to how everybody else views you and your life. They are laughing behind your back. There are few absolutes, many more varied shades of gray. People are not good or bad. We are good some of the time, bad some of the time, but most of the time we live our lives, allowing others to be part and expelling others who we don't want. These stories where men are cheated on and immediately lose their love for their wives are stupid. Now given time, we may decide that we are better off without them, or they without us. In reality, our lives generally are like this story. We allow bad things to permeate us, we hope for the best but have little control over the rest. Every man has little opportunity to unlimited sex just by going to bars. Most women don't want men who drink continually, control them unmercifully, and love them conditionally. We marry people who are better at us in some things, worse than us in others, and we strive for integration of our bad and our good with theirs. Without the specifics, this is our lives. Or else you are alone and/or unhappy.

sf_operative63sf_operative63over 2 years ago

OK..I'm confused. .what part of the story did I miss? Too many gaps.

DOL

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I don’t normally like stories such as this, but this was gripping and extraordinarily well written.

RanDog025RanDog025about 2 years ago

This was an extraordinary story. I loved it. Brought back some memories of my Dad. What a man he was. Miss the hell outta him! 5 BIG FAT FLUFFY STARS! Loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

waste of time. totally lost interest part way thru. was not worth finishing.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanalmost 2 years ago

thanks, nice story. so much said and unsaid.

lc69hunterlc69hunteralmost 2 years ago

Pain. No winners, all loosers

RimmerdalRimmerdalalmost 2 years ago

Jeeesh what a waste.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapualmost 2 years ago

poignant little tale.

but this epilogue should have been part of the aforementioned previous story.

It might lessened some pissed-off commentators who haven't had time to read the previous tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Hurt my heart. For myself and for them...

Good writing. Wish I hadn't read it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

CUNT WRITER LIKE THE CUNT SUSAN

Chuck100Chuck100over 1 year ago

I made it about halfway through when I realized the story already started. That's about as far as I need it sorry didn't score it because I couldn't read it.

JH4FunJH4Funover 1 year ago
Outstanding Read ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Something We Have to Talk About – Good Read ⭐⭐⭐

Between Two Lovers Ch. 01 – Outstanding Read ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Between Two Lovers Ch. 02 – I Didn’t Like It Much Read ⭐⭐

It’s All-Good – Outstanding Read ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

While I really loved the story line. It fits real-life. To me it is OK to have stories like these. As you can see from the ratings, I gave each (listed above). Your writing ability for each was great as far as I am concerned. It was the storylines that gave me the different emotions and there-by the ratings.

The 2 that I rated ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Between Two Lovers Ch. 01 and It’s All-Good were both tales that I could relate and reached inside me moving me at the core to reflection.

Between To Lovers Ch 02 I felt was a waste of a read. Luckily it was only one page, and I didn’t have to suffer long. However, to me the writing itself was clear and well put together just as everyone of your stories.

Something We Have to Talk About the one that started all of these was a Good Read and I enjoyed reading it. It was like most of the stories on Literotica. It showed a tale told in an interesting manner with thought and created clear imagery through words. Most good writers can do that.

Finding a good writer always leads me to want to probe and see if there are any gems of the writer in their other stories. I am glad to say with yours there were at least two great ones.

Thanks for writing all of these. It was good reading them. Yes, even the one I didn’t like much.

After I complied/wrote this comment I went and check the last date of your update on your Biography page. Seeing it was 2007 I can only hope you are still around to read my comments and share more of your great writing.

Keep Writing

JH4Fun

JH4FunJH4Funover 1 year ago
Just Finished Reading Comments

MY SECOND COMMENT

I hope nici is still with us. Because I want to say thank you for writing.

To danoctober - I loved your comments on this one.

The rest of my comments.

I want to say comments on this story and the others in the series range from way out there haters to great love the whole series. I think the reality is some where in between. I posted my original comments on the series in a previous comment on this story.

Writers deal with so much more than us mere readers. If you don't believe me try it. I did in a previous job. Creating visual imagery in words is hard. Being able to string the tale from memories is the best way most people do it.

We take thoughts from our past and think about how we want them to be portrayed. Then you mix them up a little and change the names. Go over it a couple of times then publish it.

Then you get bombarded with comments. Some are great and offer creative ideas to help with your next effort. But most are from haters and people who don’t even have enough of a spine to post there userid.

If you are lucky, you find some really great folks who have been there done that and they offer help. On this site there are many of those creative geniuses who will help polish and grow your writing and storytelling abilities. That is why I enjoy reading on here. Every time I find a good writer, they are willing to share and help others. That make writing and reading better for all of us on this site.

Many of you say I always blow smoke up the writer’s asses. I don’t care that is you right to make those comments about me. I’ll get over it. Just as it is your right to post hater comments on the stories. Just remember comments on this site and other are written by people and they are just opinions. We all know what opinions are like and we all have one.

I hope nici or a friend of hers reads this if she is still around and she continues to write. If she needs help, she can send me an email and we can bounce ideas. I can’t write or put sentences in a structure to tell tales. But I can BULLSHIT IDEAS. If you can start them, I will gladly help get you back telling us your stories.

JH4Fun

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

Thanks, 2nd reading for me, and I still imagine so many things that, fortunately you didn't write. imaginations are so good.

SwordWielderSwordWielderover 1 year ago

A great story. If I give credit that this story is true, or close to it I have to hope that the Susan of the story has had, and will always have grief and regret. He actions eventually destroyed one of her children along with her husband. I really hope there is a place in Hell for such selfish people.

BSreaderBSreaderover 1 year ago
Wish

I had scored it higher

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Glad the cunt quit writing

NicealloverNicealloverover 1 year ago

There is a need to understand his pain and how it affects his life. There are too many gaps. Some more allusions are needed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You write so well. Far better than most on this site. It is a pity that is lost in the bitterness of many of your readers. The comments and marks of the haters and the hurt do not reflect the high quality of your writing. I hope you had success with that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Unrated largely because this wasn't a story in the sense of completing your unfinished work in the story you mentioned. It was almost an why/ how it was done. My 2 star rating on those stories stands. However, my apologies for using the male pronoun when, according to the above (or that which I read) you're female. And THAT allows me the belief on why your ending words were what you wrote. Didn't want to write that the slut was absolutely wrong in everything. Bob

StubbyoneStubbyoneabout 1 year ago

A very different 2nd part to this story.

I can’t say that I really liked this story, but the writing was top notch. One doesn’t have to like a slice of life to appreciate the skills of the storyteller.

You are very talented. Sad to see it’s been 16 years since you posted. I would love to read other stories that you have in that fertile brain. Thanks for sharing.😊👍

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Still only worth a low score. Two star.

The man you described would once have been the rock of a stable marriage and a stable society.

Yet you still attempted to paint him into modern fem thinking. You had him taking her back and them breaking up over and over again. Doesn't happen with that type of man.

She blew it, he didn't.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Wtf? We’re here to read stories not listen to your life or your lessons. You must want attention bad

mfbridgesmfbridges11 months ago

I targeted this with a big Hate it. Whoever you are Nici?, you spend too much time in your head.

StoneyWebbStoneyWebb11 months ago

Not at all a fan of this writer, and this story didn't only reinforced that opinion.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Sad little troll.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

What an absolutely wonderful piece of writing.

With just a few paragraphs one is drawn into a

bit of her own mind, that of her friend’s father,

a painful memory of a dead soldier, of a divorce

battle drawn out far too long and it’s lingering

pain.

She’s able to leaf through chapters, vignettes of

other’s lives, descriptions of places some known,

some seen in her mind, others painfully recalled.

She’s somehow able to make all this, and even more,

take life in less than a page of fine writing.

Absolutely grand.

shr

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Holy shit Batman! This is some bad writing.

sjmbsrfsjmbsrf7 months ago

Beautiful; emotive, strong, full of the depth and hues of character flaws and strengths. Loved it

Buster2UBuster2U6 months ago

Powerful writing and Story for 10 Big Blazing Stars. Thank You for the Effort. Buster2U

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Write that novel, honey; you have the talent.

oksideshow859419oksideshow8594196 months ago

If you write his/their story I wouldn't publish it until years down the line at least a generation or two out of respect and for any blow back on the past memories etc

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Thank you for sharing the roots of your heartbreaking story.

Ed

NickTeeNickTee5 months ago

Start writing :-)

MsDirectorMsDirector4 months ago

I have never heard about you Nici, I am sorry you seem to have stopped here. That makes me sad. You do write so well. I can not describe how your stories have impacted me. If you still read the comments about this and your others, know that you have done what few writers do. Had a lasting impact. God bless. Five Stars

OilcanjonOilcanjon4 months ago

I admire your talent and hope that you are doing well. It would be a blessing to see you back again. 💖

dgfergiedgfergie4 months ago

A life story? Reminiscing? Nici is quite a story teller. Her follow-up on 'Something We have to talk about' sure points out the problem with most relationships, communicating with each other and making sure each understands what the other expects or wants from the marriage. I'm terrible at communicating as I was raised by a single mother born in the 40s. No male influence except in school but I wound up being a decent mechanic. I'm not sure what forms us into who we are but how we are raised and environment has to have something to do with it. a 5 star story for sure.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Layer up on layer, sometimes hard to follow. Still, an engrossing piece of writing. I was between four stars and five...

Five stars.

JPB NOT BOB

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Wow. This was just a little peek into your real life and it really moved me. I can picture your friend's dad so well. I also can't help noticing you called his ex Susan. Was that a slip because of your story or is it her actual name? If it is her actual name, it seems to me you did subconsciously write about them. And about yourself too it seems.

I've never been a Jonathan. Or a Susan. Thank god. I am happily married and hope that neither of us breaks the others heart in such a cruel way.

TexarManTexarMan3 months ago

This must be a repost of a story I read before. It good but left you hanging wanting more.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

The idiots on this board who measure life, literature, amateur fiction, and probably the phases of the moon in terms of "cuck sh*t" and "not cuck sh*t" forget that divorce and the related single fatherhood are the number one reason for childhood poverty in America. They are also huge, perhaps inestimable, contributors to adolescent substance abuse, self-harm, poor school performance, low self-esteem, childhood alienation, teen pregnancy, child runaways, and all of the follow-on psychological and physical problems associated with them. Instead, they insist that ANY cheater be divorced, impoverished, and physically/psychologically devastated, irrespective of any children involved. They fall back on "studies" that say that children in a divorce are always better than children in an unhappy home. This silly assertion assumes/requires two things, which occur in less than 3% of divorces: (1.) amiable, shared custody and (2.) fully involved absent parent (even in 50:50 decrees).

-

Readers hide their own failings behind a cadre of writers who tell them what they want to hear rather than what they need to hear. The characters in the stories they demand to read are the standards of perfection they fantasize about being. One commenter said they want stories that are the equivalent of playing a video game in Uber cheat mode.

-

That's why reality - even ham-handed reality - makes them wail, gnash their teeth and rent their garments.

*St. Vincent

oldtwitoldtwitabout 2 months ago

Sorry, just not for me, if pushed, I'd have to say it's just too American, no bad thing, but not for me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Classic western. The Cowboy riding off into the sunset even though its high noon... the author is like the hero worshipping kid, "Shane, Shane, I love you Shane!"... Shane silently bears his wounds and trots away..

mndhanson017mndhanson01723 days ago

I wouldn't even call this an epilogue to the previous tales, it is completely disconnected from them

AnonymousAnonymous19 days ago

The last comment was his/her 'feel'. I took longer to read and reread and came up with the opposite impression. It added depth to the series and reflected the effect the beginning had on those involved. A sad ending. Thank you nici.

somewhere east of Omaha

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous