It Started with a Kiss Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Susie," I called out to her.

Slowly, Susie turned around.

"Have a good time. If you need me I'm gonna have a quick drink in the bar and then I'll be in my room."

"I will," came a nonchalent reply as she turned once more and headed off.

With Susie out of sight I headed back indoors. There was a bar by the pool and one in the main hotel building. At this time of evening the one inside would be faily quiet and I guess that sort of matched my mood. I grabbed a stool at the bar and ordered the usual glass of beer. It came with a smile and a "how are you tonight," but otherwise was just cold, wet and rather lacking in taste. Out here it seemed they hadn't quite mastered the art of brewing yet, well at least not brewing the type of drink I preferred.

With my mind elsewhere, still thinking about my sister off at that party, I downed it like a glass of coke and thumped the glass down on the bar.

"Another one?" came the cheery bartender.

"Yep," I responded, glancing at the empty glass. It served a purpose, but nothing more.

"Coming right up."

"Wait," I called out a minute later. "Do you have anything better?"

"Better?"

"Well . . . yes . . . what do the locals drink round here?"

There was a pause, then a smile on the young man's face.

"Are you sure?" he asked.

"Surer than ever. Surprise me."

And so he did, a small glass of clear spirit appeared in front of me. He dropped an ice cube into the liquid and I watched clarity become clouded.

"What's that?" I asked.

"Raki," came the reply. "You wanted what the locals drink, so there you go. Enjoy."

I took a sip and had to hold back from coughing. It wasn't the taste, the smooth aniseed flavour was quite appealing, but more the strength which took me offguard. Another sip, this time rather more controlled, was much better received. I'd really hit on something here. Then my mind wandered. Yes, I'd found something new, something exciting but where was Susie to share it with. I was back to my introvert self, there in body but not really in mind as I ruminated over what she might be getting up to.

"Penny for them?"

It was a woman's voice which broke me out of my retrospective. I glanced up a red-haired young thing, slim yet tall, and about my age.

"Sorry?" I retorted.

"You seemed so engrossed in something. I just thought I'd ask."

"Thank you," seemed to be the only thing I could think of. "It's nothing though."

"Mind if I sit here?" she asked, pointing at the stool next to mine.

I ran my eyes around the bar area. There were empty seats everywhere, yet she had chosen the stool right next to mine. Didn't she realise that I wanted to be alone? I took another sip at the raki before replying in a fairly uninterested tone.

"Sure."

Before she had sat down, the barman was with her.

"What will it be, Miss?"

"I'll have," there was a subtle pause before she continued. "I'll have whatever he's having, and get another for this charming young man as well. Seems like he needs it."

I hadn't even finished the first shot when a second arrived.

"Thanks," I responded, glancing up at my unexpected companion. For all I had planned, and wanted, time alone, there was something about her, something which intrigued and attracted in equal measure. My doubting mind though ran the obvious questions through my head. Who? What? Why me? I was still pondering how to bridge the conversation gap when she took me by surprise.

"Francesca," she announced, "but you can call me Frankie. Now, what about you? Why the long face? Surely being bought a drink is worth a smile."

Whoever she was, she'd got me now. I smiled, a forced smile and composed myself.

"Danny," I replied, "and are you always this direct?"

"Only when I want something," came the reply.

"Want something?"

"Or maybe someone. Someone interesting to pass some time with, and I guessed you would fit the bill. Maybe I was wrong."

I paused, thinking deeply about the hidden meaning behind what she had said.

"Oh, god, you're slow. I'm suggesting we have a drink together and get to know each other. You're kinda cute and I hoped we had something in common. What's more, it looks like you need a little company."

Could I believe my ears? Was Frankie actually chatting me up? She was kind of cute herself and the more we chatted, the more I softened to her charms. I guess the directness had shocked me a little, but under that façade she did seem to have a soft side. We drank and chatted, minutes heading towards hours as the sun went down outside.

"So, are you here alone?" I asked, finally picking up the courage to be a little more direct myself.

"No, with a friend," came her reply.

"Then, why are you in the bar on your own?"

"Oh, she's gone off to some sort of party and it wasn't my scene. She said something about getting drunk and laid, not sure in that order or not."

"Party?" I asked, distant alarm bells now ringing in the back of my mind.

"Yeah. Some lads she had met had promised her the time of her life, and she just couldn't resist. Well, I know better, so here I am having my own fun."

"Susie!" I exclaimed, seeing my sister suddenly appear on the other side of the room then seemingly run off. Was she upset?

"You've got a girlfriend?"

"No, no . . . sorry. She's my sister and I think she was just looking for me. She'd gone to a party herself and I told her I might be here if she needed me. Now I need to go."

"Did I say something wrong?"

"You've got to believe me Frankie. I've just got to . . . well . . . it's just that I promised her. I've really enjoyed being with you tonight. Maybe we could do it again if you want, and I promise not to run off on you."

"No problem, Danny," came a sort of non-plussed response.

Without thinking, I shot off and hurried back towards my room, realising on the way that I hadn't even asked the young Frankie how to get in touch. "Typical," I thought to myself. Finally I found somebody I could relate to — more to the point they had found me, but that didn't seem to matter — and I had rushed off as if the clock was going to strike midnight and I was about to turn into a pumpkin. It was probably a big mistake, but I had made a promise and family came first.

I could only guess that Susie had headed back to her room so, quick as I could, I dashed through the hotel, finally arriving at a pair of closed doors. I knocked gently against her door and waited for the response which never came. Had she not come back to the room? If not, then where would she have gone? Susie definitely didn't look so happy when she made her fleeting appearance in the bar. Pressing my ear against the door, I listened. Maybe I was mistaken, but I thought I had picked up a sniffling noise from inside. I rapped my knuckles on her door once more, this time hard and loud. Again I waited. A third time finally raised a response.

"Go away!" came the abrupt, overly emotional reply.

"Susie," I called out, "it's me, Danny. What's wrong?"

There was silence, not a single word spoken in reply, just the sound of sniffling and maybe the odd footstep. Just as I made to knock again, the door opened and there stood a rather despondent little sister. Her attire was exactly the same as I had left her earlier that evening, but her demeanour was somewhat worse for wear. I closed the door behind me, and turned back to Susie. Before I even had the chance to say anything, Susie had her arms around me, her head resting on my shoulder.

"I'm . . . s . . . sorry, Danny," she sniffled. "I th . . . thought you . . . were that lying bastard."

This was more than just being upset. Susie seemed emotionally distressed. I could only imagine that her "lying bastard" was a certain German and that something must have happened at the party. "Shit," I thought to myself as I remembered Fankie's comment about her friend, getting drunk and getting laid. I so wanted to just come out with it and ask Susie if he had touched her, but she needed a more caring ear. Carefully I slipped off my shoes.

"Let's sit down, Susie. Then you can tell me all about it. I don't like seeing you like this."

I led her to the bed, propping myself up against the headboard with a pillow and allowing Susie to lie at the side of me, her head on my chest. I could feel her trembling as she tried in vain to control her sniffling. Running an arm around her back I held her close.

"Did something happen, Susie?"

"I'm sorry, Danny. You were right. I should have listened to you."

"Right about what?"

"About Heinz. He was just like the rest of them. Says all the right words, but only interested in one thing."

"And, did you?" I asked, rather gingerly.

"Of course not. What do you take me for, Danny?"

"So, what happened to make you so upset? Take your time, and tell me as much as you want to."

There was a momentary pause before Susie started to recount her tale.

"It all started so good. There were nine or ten of us, a mix of men and women. Everyone was drinking. I only had one, but the others . . . well, they were a little drunk I think. That's when it changed."

"What changed?"

"The party," she continued. "It became a bit more . . . what's the word . . . boistrous . . . no, lewd I think is better . . . maybe you would call it an orgy. Some of the girls took their tops off, and the lads just encouraged them. I thought it was a little drunken fun at first, then it went further. One of them was naked and sat, wiggling, on her lad's lap. Another was undoing her partner's trousers. And then Heinz, well he tried to pull my top up, to get me to join in. It was . . ."

Susie started crying once more.

"It was awful, Danny," she blubbered. "I thought he liked me. I thought he cared for me. And all he wanted was to fuck me. And, now I've even ruined your evening as well."

"Not at all, I was only whiling away the time waiting for you. I'm sorry, but I have to ask. Did he do anything to you?"

"No, no. I made an excuse of going to the ladies' and then made my escape. I could hear him shouting something in German after me, but I had no intention of going back in there."

I wrapped my arm further around Susie's back, pulling her in closer still. I could feel every breath she took as she lay at the side of me.

"I'm the one who should be sorry, Susie. I should have been stronger. Holiday romances are rarely successful. People behave differently. You can get away with just about anything, knowing that all will be forgotten in a week or two. Love though is different. You'll sort of know if it's the real deal. It will just . . . well . . . it will feel right. There isn't a magic formula. Don't push it, if you are right for each other then just let it flow. You're young and there's plenty of time for romance when the time is right."

My mind flicked back to Frankie. It had felt so natural, so unhurried, so not pressurised. Had we clicked? Well, for sure we could relate to each other and seemed to enjoy the company. Maybe I had blown it by rushing off, but I sure would like to bump into her again. I wasn't looking, but could I have just found and lost my own soulmate.

I glanced back at Susie. It had to be done. Family came first in my mind.

"Now, would you like me to stay a while while you settle down?" I asked.

"Would you, Danny?"

"Of course I would. You're my sister and I told you I would be here to look after you."

I shuffled myself down a little on the bed, to make it more comfortable for her, and pulled a light blanket up and over her slight frame. A gentle kiss on her forehead was the final touch, just to reinforce my message. I felt Susie snuggle up close, her sniffling now subsiding. A moment or two later, she was asleep.

I never got back to my room as I really didn't want to wake her up after what she had been through. It was Susie who actually ended up waking me up the following morning. I guess it had taken me a while to get off to sleep myself, so naturally I wasn't the earliest of risers. She was already changed and dressed when I finally left the land of the fairies.

"Morning, lazy bones," came her welcome up greeting. "I thought you were going to sleep for the whole morning. Now, why don't you freshen up and we'll grab some breakfast. I thought I'd chill out with you today. Oh, and thank you."

"Thank you?"

"Yes, thank you, Danny. Thank you for . . . well, thank you for just being there for me."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I guess I was worried that the events of that night would have driven a wedge between the two of us. In actual fact it had probably brought us closer than ever. It would be wrong to say that nothing had changed. Susie was now a little more reserved. For sure she enjoyed herself, the sun, the pool and the holiday entertainment, but she just seemed that little less extrovert. For all she was still turning heads, but there was no obvious reaction. It seemed that Susie was satisfied, maybe even happy, with it just being the two of us.

I did bump into Frankie once more, and even arranged an evening together back in that bar where we first met. The question was how to handle Susie if I went off for my own date night. It just didn't seem fair to leave her to her own devices. I remembered just what I had told her that evening, about how it would feel right so just let it flow. I sort of knew — well, at least I hoped — that Frankie would understand.

"Susie, I'm going to meet Frankie in the bar tonight. Would you like to join me?" I asked, one lunchtime.

"Frankie?"

"Yes. You remember the young woman I was talking to when you were at the party. I just wanted to apologise for rushing off. She's . . . well, her friend was probably at the same party as you, but she's not at all like that."

"Do you like her?" came a slightly downbeat question.

"She's cool," I replied. "I just seemed to be able to relax and chat, just like we are doing now."

"I couldn't," replied Susie. "I'd be like a . . . like a . . . a blackberry."

"Gooseberry," I corrected.

"Yes, that as well."

"Of course you wouldn't. It's not like that. We were both alone and just seemed to have something in common. I insist, Susie. Come and jon us for a drink or two. I'm sure you'll like Frankie."

In the end Susie did join us, and yes I was right about Frankie, she really didn't mind or at least she didn't make it obvious if she did mind. It was another enjoyable evening, and this time I did make sure that I didn't leave without at least having some way of getting back in touch. It was a token gesture of course, as holiday romances never come to anything and in a few days we would all be going our own ways. We'd be back to London and Frankie would be somewhere up in the North. Yes, we might have ended up just a few hours apart, but as I said holiday romances never come to anything.

Days came and went and, with every passing of the sun, our departure drew closer. It had been a somewhat eventful fortnight and I had one more surprise planned. Our penultimate day just happened to be Susie's birthday. I hadn't bought her a present — what do you buy your teenage sister? — so instead had arranged for dinner with a bottle of the hotel's finest bubbly. I'd restrained myself from the full blown cake and Happy Bithday as I just knew she would hate the public attention.

Instead of the main bustling hotel restaurant, I'd plumped for the more secluded fish bistro down by the sea. It was much quieter and, with the sound of the waves lapping in the distance, the food tasted fantastic. I'd had the waiter put the fizz on ice until I was ready for it. With dessert finished I beckoned him over, two glasses in one hand and the bottle in the other. Susie's eyes were a picture as, with a loud plop, he popped the cork and poured two glasses.

"Happy Birthday Miss," he called out in a heavy Turkish accent.

I passed Susie a glass, took one for myself, and whispered to her.

"Happy Birthday, Susie."

"You did this for me?" came the must sensitive of questions.

"You're the only one with a birthday, and you deserve the best. Come on, drink that one and bring your glass or we'll miss it."

"Miss what?"

I never answered. By now I had left the table, my hand clutching at both an empty glass and a part-full bottle. Surprised, Susie just stared at me. I reached out with my open hand and met hers, gently pulling her up from her seat.

"Grab your glass," I suggested.

"Where are we going?"

"Not far. Trust me, it'll be the perfect ending to a wonderful day."

With that, I strode forward, leading Susie away from the restaurant and down towards the beach. I glanced up at the sky; daylight was fading fast and there was already the hint of amber amid the few stringy white clouds. Yes, we had enough time. The path ended, and I took one step onto the softness of sand. For the first time, Susie didn't follow my lead. I turned and looked at her, an expression of confusion on my face.

"I can't," she replied, "at least not in these shoes."

I glanced down and for the first time noticed the heels she was wearing. This hadn't been part of my plan. Running my eyes up her slender tanned legs, admiring the mid-thigh length dress she was wearing, I finally locked contact on hers. Yes, I thought to myself, there was an obvious answer.

"Here, take my glass and the bottle," I suggested, handing them to Susie. I waited until they were safely grasped then jumped into action, one arm around her shoulders and the other behind her knees.

"Danny!" she practically screamed as I lifted her up into my arms and set off across the sand. It wasn't too far before I lowered her down again onto the wooden decking of a small pier.

"There, that wasn't too difficult, was it?" I asked, getting a sneer from Susie in response. "Now, how about we walk to the end. Can you manage that?"

I took the bottle and my glass back from Susie, regained hold of her hand, and the two of us walked the few metres to the end of the pier. Gentle lapping waves, somewhere down below, told us we were over the water. It was just the two of us seemingly transported to a peaceful tranquility. The sky was already turning from light amber to burning red as I poured us another glass of bubbly.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" I asked, wrapping my arm around Susie's shoulders.

She didn't respond. Instead, we just stared out to sea, lost in the reflection of the dying sun. As the last burning embers faded away, I felt Susie snuggle in a little closer. It was far from being cold, but I guess there was just a little chill coming off the sea.

"Are you cold?" I asked.

"No," came an unexpected answer. "I just . . . well . . . I just wanted to say thank you, Danny. It was so nice of you to do this for me."

"I'm glad you liked it. I wanted you to feel happy on your birthday."

"I do," she replied. "I've been thinking about what you said before."

"Not now, Susie. Tonight is your day."

"But, I need to tell you . . . I want to tell you . . . I . . ."

She never finished her sentence. As I looked down at Susie, she reached up on tiptoes and kissed me. It was only a gentle peck, almost experimental as if testing the waters. I pulled away slightly. It was not the idea of being kissed by my sister — she had given the odd peck on the cheek in the past — which had me backing off. It was the simple fact that her lips met mine. Was it accidental? I watched and waited. Susie seemed to suddenly have a need to justify herself and her actions.

"I want you to know. What you said, I should have believed you. You told me I would feel it, would know if it was meant to be. I want you to know, Danny, that I understand what you were meaning. Tonight, as the sun went down and the waves lapped beneath our feet, I understood what you meant."

With her words still tumbling around my mind, Susie kissed me once more. Her soft lips met mine and I practically froze on the spot, unable to react to the gentleness of that touch. I should have pulled away immediately, but found myself incapableof moving. Was it the wine? Was it the beauty of the two of us together alone watching the last rays of sunshine burn their way into darkness? Was it just the warmth of her young lips nudging gently up against mine? I should have pulled away, but instead I gave her that moment in time. It was so wrong, the tingle in my lips and the flutter in my stomach, but still I let Susie kiss me. Finally, she broke away.