It Was Just Sex, Honey Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The big black dude sitting at the far end of the bar got off his stool and walked directly to her. He gently took her hand in his and said, “Welcome to Bear’s, Miss Gail. It’s an honor and a privilege to meet you. Please let me escort you to your table.”

Every place like this has one booth that is far more desirable than the rest. It was that booth Bear escorted her to. The current occupants immediately vacated it. The bartender, realizing a special guest had arrived, had the table cleaned and fresh coasters in place by the time we sat down. The hustle and bustle and noise level slowly returned to normal. Anyone greeted at the door by Bear would be treated with the utmost respect and left completely alone. She was actually safer in here than in any shopping mall in the country.

Bear’s special bottle of scotch and three shot glasses were placed on the table and Bear poured. I started to shake my head no when Bear said, “You will drink one toast with us, Paul.”

He thought for a few seconds and then said, “To a lady whose writing is exceeded only by her beauty.”

The scotch burned all the way down. My customary Coke appeared. Bear got his Pepsi. A glass of white wine was placed in front of Gail. She was still recovering from the shock of this place.

“Gail, I would like you to meet Mr. Marian Feathers, a writer of eloquent letters.”

“Paul, if you ever use that name in here again, I can promise that your next hospital stay will far exceed four days. I have a reputation to maintain.”

Gail giggled and the ice was broken. I sat and listened for hours. They talked about famous authors. They talked about famous composers. A beautiful black woman walked in and sat down with us. She placed Gail’s four novels on the table and Gail autographed each of them. So, I had finally met Bear’s wife. Closing time came and went. They continued to sit and talk.

Bear, and his reputation, was slipping. He was now talking like the college graduate he was. He gave up his football scholarship during his junior year due to injuries but he managed to hang on and get a first class education. He graduated with honors. His father had owned this bar and Bear, liking the work and most of the people, continued to run it.

I could see where her next novel was going to come from. Some of it would probably be written while she was sitting at this very booth. It would be about this place, about these people. It would be about things that never made the papers or the evening news at six. It would be her next best seller.

I felt good. I had straightened my life out and Gail had made her mark on the literary world. It was time for a family now. Sometimes, the love and devotion of a woman can not be rationally explained. Life could only get better.

The End.