All Comments on 'It Was Totally Unexpected'

by Just Plain Bob

Sort by:
  • 139 Comments (Page 2)
Schwanze1Schwanze1over 2 years ago

Post, nice history reference.

Whackdoodle is, as usual, aptly named.

Amy has a point.

Anon enjoyed, thanks for sharing.

Muskyboy, boss got his nuts well kicked. WTF are you talking about?

Anon pretty sure, that was covered in the story. Pay attention.

And Lick has a nice catch.

Etch, meandery? I don't know if that's a word...if not, it should be.

Ranch...exactly.

Anon confusing almost none of the stories on here are erotic unless you are 15.

Anon Oh right. Fuck you.

Fun story and not a cuck story. Attaway.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Sweet.

thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Vintage JPB 😊

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

" Put me on the list..." Wow, that was superficial man fantasy at it's worst. Must have taken at least 10 minutes to write.

OnethirdOnethirdabout 2 years ago

Another woman switcheroo at the end. Classic JPB transactional relationships to boot.

WillowghbyWillowghbyabout 2 years ago
Love

...the plot flow and humor that JPB brings to my reading table. Thanks to JPB for continuing his long history of bringing giggles and entertainment to us all.

However, this opus reads like a rough draft. Missing are his typical good punctuation and relative lack of errors that could be found with "just one more" proofread. This one did not get Hallmark's "when you wish to send the very best" effort.

I appreciate the contribution, JPB. (Notice the comma setting off the name there?) (Notice the question mark when a question is asked?)

Keep 'em comin'.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
While some people may be able to turn love off as easy as turning off a light I'm not one of them.

What a stupid statement. If that were true, then why did he leave? Why did he divorce her? Of course you can switch off love in an instant. Regret and loneliness, grief and despair, not so much. But love? It can disappear just as fast as it can happen. If it takes a heartbeat to fall in love, then conversely, you can fall out of love just as quickly.

nixroxnixroxalmost 2 years ago

5 stars - I do not understand why I like this story, BUT it got a 5 and deserved it.

I think it was one story that did not follow JPB's standard theme and stood out from all the rest.

JPB - keep writing stories like this one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

As evidenced by the fact Megan passed on a life with Roy once she got to know him, Roy is no prize. Nonetheless, several other women were after him before he was even formally separated from his wife. A mediocre story about mediocre people...sounds like the work of JPB.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesalmost 2 years ago

All in the family. Makes it easier at the holidays. Thanks for your writing.

RimmerdalRimmerdalalmost 2 years ago

All rosy. Whoops noone won the lotto.

Rancher46Rancher46almost 2 years ago

You just got to love it when a plan comes together and that seems to have work out when Roy and Julie finally ended up together and sister Nancy ended up on the short end of the stick. The irony of it all is that Roy finally married the right sister and they had that happily ever after, well done. 5/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Say what you will, JPB's target audience is happy - so are most of the rest of us! Thanks Bob. 5 stars

somewhere east of Omaha

cybertron84cybertron84over 1 year ago

well written, the whole thing went smooth and was but wasn't harsh at the same time. I really enjoyed reading it.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 1 year ago

Did I misunderstand? He married the sister who almost certainly knew that his wife was cheating and said nothing? I'm not sure she would be my first choice.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Instead of marrying his cheating wife's sister, he should have given Melissa and Sally a chance. Otherwise everything worked out for the main character. Unrealistic but good for him that every woman he knew wanted him.

RuttweilerRuttweilerover 1 year ago
A gallon of stupid in a quart jar…

This guy is amazing. He walks into a room and all the hot girls just say “put me on your list!”

Although it’s not included in the story, I’m fairly certain strangers also walk up to him and ask him to please accept their money. He’s just so wonderful that everything falls into his lap.

Oh, wait… that’s right! His wife would rather fuck other guys. I guess he’s not so fucking wonderful after all, is he?

Good old Bob can’t even be bothered to put in the work to come up with something that isn’t obviously stupid. He can’t even be bothered to reread it to correct his numerous grammatical errors.

Just Plain Boring.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I liked the story however one question? Why did Nancy get the jewelry instead of her father> Like community property?

DrgwngDrgwngover 1 year ago

Cuck story boy ruttweiler did not like it? Wow, must be pretty good then since no cucks were mentioned.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Hey, Just plain Bob, how come you never finished the story THE BOUGHT HUSBAND? You left a bunch of loose ends and no mention of what happened after the 5 years. Not even an epilogue. You're better than that, man. So what gives?

Cracker270Cracker27010 months ago

Typical JPB. Good stuff. Thanks

ForensicFossilForensicFossil10 months ago

Marcus/John?

I never get the name confusion in these stories. When I read the switch in names it is immediately jarring and throws me completely out of the story. It also makes me think the author doesn't even give a cursory read of the piece before submitting.

HardDaysNight made this mistake in one of his and I commented and he was classy enough to email me and apologize and promise to try and do better. What a mensch.

ReadyOneReadyOne10 months ago

Always interesting when we get to the last of a JPB story and see that he's intentionally hiding the name of the MC's spouse. We know that it won't be the person he was with before the end, but which one of the other possibilities does he end up with?

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

As for cucks, I thought Roy was the cuck, since Nancy and her boss John were doing each other.

It was an OK story, but it just felt kind of dry. I think I've read it before, as I remember the part of the jewelry in the safety deposit box. I gave it 4 stars.

oldpantythiefoldpantythief8 months ago

Not sure I cared for the way narrative was switched between Megan and Julie as the pregnant bride, it caused me to reread and try to figure WTF was going on. It actually made me think, not something I'm use to anymore. I did like the story and the BTB for both Began and John. Wonder if he could sing soprano after being kicked in the nuts twice?

NitpicNitpic8 months ago
Just

Just a mundane story.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Perhaps John's middle name is Marcus????

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Clever plot and good plan and result for original couple

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I only wish Nancy was coerced into explaining why screwed hubby 3 times the night before blindsiding the very nexy day.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Missing a lot of explanation/regrets from Nancy.

oldtwitoldtwit5 months ago

A nice story, well put together, believable characters without going over the top in any way

Calico75Calico754 months ago

Well written. Revenge without being a BTB. Very enjoyable.

RePhilRePhil4 months ago

You’re still the best on site.

Btw I read some Anonymous reviews signed at the bottom with JPB and thought someone was using your ndp in their comments.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

A little confused was his name Marcus or John? Did they live in an apartment or a house?

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I always love it when a stupid selfish wife trades up and hen realizes what a fool she was.

a_reader_from_germanya_reader_from_germany28 days ago

An enjoyable case of "all's well that ends well", thanks JPB!

nixroxnixrox4 days ago

5 stars and this is probably the only five-star rating I have handed out to JPB.

I always wanted to call Bob - jelly & peanut butter - I think it fits better than JPB.

willyk1212willyk12124 days ago

ok so you can write good stuff this was great thanks

LizziepeeLizziepee3 days ago

Another good story Bob the ending caught me by surprise have a great day

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJust Plain Bob@Just Plain Bob
Just a Dirty Old Man (of course I have been one since I was thirteen)who likes to write about the things that I've seen and been exposed to in my life. There is a little bit of me in almost all of my stories and in some of them there is quite a lot. I leave it to the reader ...