ItB Book 1: In the Beginning

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"No. History, the past, is written in stone. It is permanent; fixed," Clothos lectured with the soundness granted to her by looking through the veil of time. "But Memory? Ah, what a gift memory is!" Despite being one of the sisters, Clothos could not help but be animated with the Titaness who sought her advice. "Things can be how we want them to be: a boy with the right amount of stubble, a kiss tender, perfect, without mistakes. Or it can make things easier, villains and heroes."

Mnemosyne watched and listened intently when Clothos shook her head. "The past has no villains or heroes, just people, Mnemosyne."

Mnemosyne considered Clothos' response. "I see." Clothos might have spoken more on the subject but Mnemosyne could sense when the Fate Sister was finished with a subject. With that in mind, the Titaness decided to change to another topic. "Then is Chaos truly unknowable?"

"Is anyone?" Clothos wondered.

The quickness of the answer caught the Titaness off guard. "You're having fun with me, aren't you?"

Clothos laughed. After a moment, Mnemosyne joined her. "Yes, Titaness," she remarked with tenderness. "I am, to a degree, having fun with you. You are, after all, my favorite of your siblings."

She raised her right hand with an extended index finger. "While I am enjoying myself, my statement is true. We are as complicated or as simple as one another. Just because Chaos is no longer among us does not mean they are any more complicated than you or I."

To that, Mnemosyne had no answer. Instead, she focused on the kind words of Clothos. "Will we always be friends? Will things always be so?" Mnemosyne asked, motioning to the peaceful realm around them.

A sadness washed over Clothos. Her connection to her sisters was ever-present. As such, she was aware of the choices that were to come with a near-blinding sense of understanding. After his last visit to all three of the Sisters, it was decided between them that as long as Ouranos was King, the Sisters would tell most beings very little of the future.

"We will always be friends, Mnemosyne. You have my word," Clothos said with a smile. "But I think things will change. That is one of the things your brother, Iapetus, understands very well."

Mnemosyne considered what Clothos said. "I guess that means we should cherish our memories of events such as these all the more."

"Especially when they're happening," Clothos replied in agreement. The two shared a look and let out joyous laughter.

**********

As the golden rays of the rising sun painted the sky with hues of pink and orange, the Titan of Light journeyed back from travels to distant lands.

Within the boundaries of Greece, he rode in his chariot, which was pulled by majestic, winged horses. He descended from the heavens and touched down onto a nearly empty countryside. The steeds and the chariots would fly away on their own to a palace Hyperion had made for himself.

Olympus was Ouranos, so Hyperion was smart enough to cultivate his part of the realm to make himself happy.

In the clearing stood Theia. She was the Titaness of Shining Light and Brilliance. Clad in a flowing gown that shimmered like starlight, she was more beautiful to him than anything he had seen all over the world, despite her mostly existing on a grassy mountainside.

Her eyes gleamed with excitement for the returning Titan. Theia had missed Hyperion dearly in his absence. She would not hide that fact from him or anyone else.

Hyperion's radiant presence illuminated the surroundings. Despite not meaning to, he brought the day with him wherever he went.

Theia approached him with grace. Their eyes met, and a spark of deep and meaningful recognition flared between them.

Hyperion smiled. He stood proudly at nearly forty feet tall. He had golden hair that shined like the sun; actually, the sun shined like him. He was proud of that particular gift. The golden flakes that fell off him when he walked were another thing that pleased him. After seeing those other "Gods" from those other lands, Hyperion realized he was truly spectacular, and his siblings were singular in all the world.

He could get lost in his reflection if he were a lesser being. His eyes were not meant for himself, but they were destined to be captured by Theia. She was near his size and getting lost in her eyes of silver was as simple as breathing. She wore her hair bound up in the back. She was as lovely as the day, with as much depth as the night. She wore a gown of silver and white.

"Hyperion," Theia said softly, wrapping her arms around her brother.

"Theia, it is good to see you," Hyperion replied, pressing his lips against hers. A kiss from Theia was a drop of light in the darkest night. She brought him the greatest peace.

Though he tried for deeper, more insightful words for her, Hyperion found himself like a child with her. He could only say simple sentences as he had when Gaia brought the Titans up on Olympus.

They sat against a mountainside, letting the colossal structures prop their immense bodies up. The winged horses drew the empty chariot away, providing a lovely sight for them both to ignore.

"Did you enjoy your travels?" Theia asked. She brushed her hand to correct one of his loose hairs next to his ear.

"I did," Hyperion said, running his hands over Theia with affection. He was so lost in her that he could barely feel when her hand touched his stray locks.

"What do you think of them?" Theia asked, curious.

"I don't think the lands of Babylonia or India will last because there is a chance of infighting with their divinities," Hyperion answered honestly. While she never accompanied him on his travels, Hyperion knew that she enjoyed his tellings. "The Heavens of Sinae are stable," he conceded. "If they were our neighbor, I have no doubt the Jade Emperor could eventually conquer us with all his warriors." Hyperion saw Theia's eyes light up with curiosity.

"I mean to go back to Norvegia, but their realm...there is no land, no sky, no...It is...emptier and yet more full. I cannot describe it, nor can I understand what Ymir's plan is," he went on with a shake of his head. He brightened at the thoughts of their neighbors to the south. "Aígyptos is going to be amazing one day. Atum creates so much. I can't explain it to you, but...I think they will last. He sees the world and realms far differently than us."

Theia looked at her love's enthusiasm and smiled before kissing him softly.

"You could come with me," Hyperion remarked after breaking the small intimacy.

"My home is here," Theia said after a moment. "With all those dangers, one would think you might want to help us make Greece the best it can be."

Hyperion laughed, looking at his partner and sister. "How would you like to do that?" With all he had seen in the world, he wondered about Theia's insight. She was wholly innocent when compared to the world, and so, she always gave him a new perspective.

"Mother had us. And we brought more substance into this Realm," she said with a sly grin. Hyperion's hands ran over her dress, slowly dropping them to her sides. The gown covered half of the countryside. As their lips were brought together, the light in her eyes glowed brightly when his hands touched her bare skin.

He knew where this would go. He lost all thoughts of the other realms instantly. Once more, with the softest of contact, there was only Theia.

By all of Chaos' creation, Hyperion loved how Theia gave herself to him. Her body had a pair of handful-size breasts, her waist untouched by imperfection. He would not want any other, and her glow made him want her all the more. He was so impatient he had to have her. The light from her eyes and mouth when he thrust his cock into her made it all worthwhile.

She cried out his name. "Hyperion!" Theia exclaimed. "Like that. Please! Take me!" She was either telling him or giving permission. Her call was one of begging, born from her love and his absence. He pressed his lips firmly against hers. As her body glowed and her sex grasped his, he was aware the conclusion would come too soon. With his Titanic force and strength, Hyperion would plow into Theia until, finally, together, they let out a loud cry of impassioned delight. The release was so loud and bright that even Nyx in the Underworld could hear their orgasmic union. Descending from their high, they held one another in blissful connection. There was no substitute for one another; they could not and would not have it any other way.

**********

Cronos was a mighty being despite being the youngest of the Titans. While he often wondered what his brethren thought of him, he admired them all. They each had gifts and talents that were wholly their own. Control over lightning and some of the heavens ran through him, the same as his Father.

That was not, however, where his joy was. He used his powers to cultivate skills over the life of plants. He had a field of wheat, orchards of trees that bore him fruit, and some sparse locations of flowers to add to the color of Greece's green fields. All of those things were beautiful to behold to his eye.

However, Cronos' greatest gift was a secret; he had command over time. This is what made it possible to ensure the growth of his plants were just right. When he had imperfect grapes, he could not eat them. But with the right amount of time and focus, he could make raisins or wine from his harvest.

He suspected the Daughters of Nyx were aware of his great power, but they said nothing. To that, he was thankful to them, even if he was not sure that they knew.

With his true siblings busy with their own realms and duties, Cronos found himself enjoying the company of the Cyclopes and Hecatoncheires. They were fun to be around. In his youth, when he was still growing, they would tell him of some of Chaos' other creations, offshoots or accidents brought into the world. They would battle while the Titans were still babies.

Cronos was unsure if those were stories or if his powerful siblings had battled beings almost as fierce as Ouranos. He was jealous of the strife and conflict he missed. Cronos longed to test himself against a mighty foe, but he believed such was not for him. Instead, he spent his time with the Cyclopes and Hecatoncheires, making things, such as weapons, for challenges against one another.

"Why this?" Cronos questioned when the Cyclopes gave him a curved blade on a wooden staff.

"The scythe is not a weapon, Brother Cronos. You may use it to harvest. We can have feasts in the Palace of the Titans with you and our brothers when you have grown food," Briareos said.

Cottus handed Cronos what looked like a club and quickly explained himself. "It's a torch for Hyperion. It will burn with his light forever."

"And that is a weapon?" Cronos asked.

The Cyclopes and Hundred-Handed ones laughed. "No, Brother Cronos," Cottus corrected. "Our gifts to you are tools. That way, we can better help the world. If we are to create a world for your children and grandchildren, should we not help you have the tools to do so?"

Cronos stared, unsure of the gifts and their intentions. "I suppose so. I had not thought of it."

Gyges handed Cronos a pair of gauntlets. "With these," Gyges said, "Crius can harness the cosmos."

"What will these do?" Cronos wondered.

"He can use them to grab his stars. Perhaps he can crush whatever he found to make that delicious drink... Ambrosia, was it?" Gyges wondered.

"And should any come to try and harm you, you can wear this to hit them!" Steropes exclaimed, slamming one fist against his open hand. Cronos laughed at his siblings. They were a strange bunch, but they were his family.

"Make sure to hide them," Arges the Cyclops warned. "Our gifts are for who they were made, Brother Cronos. Make sure no one else steals them."

"I will, my brothers." Cronos was excited but was careful to temper it. If his siblings were giving him these tools, there were reasons other than making ambrosia and gathering the wheat. As he made his way to his part of Greece, he hid the tools in a cave.

Rhea would be bathing, enjoying her privacy. While Cronos desired Rhea, he was careful. Oceanus and Tethys were naturally drawn to one another. The same was true of Theia and Hyperion. If Cronos were meant to be with Rhea, he would already be with her. All he needed was for her to have a want for him.

**********

While Ouranos watched Rhea with sexual desire, Gaia watched Cronos with maternal worry. He was always separate from his Titan siblings, but he found companionship with Rhea, she hoped. The Hundred Handed and the One-Eyed children were good to him, and she knew he was good to them.

She was so focused on her son that she missed her husband's interests.

After his little trip to see her older children, Gaia observed that Cronos was storing the new gifts in that cave. Her son's secrecy, actions and intentions were a mystery to her.

If she told Ouranos of the weapons, it would go poorly for her youngest Titan. While her husband was made for her, that did not make Gaia entirely blind to his faults. He wanted his realm to exist a certain way. Anything outside of Ouranos' order would be ignored or worse, removed.

With that in mind, Gaia considered her options. Rather than confront Cronos, Gaia made her choice to question the other children. She loved all of them regardless of their actions. However, if they were making objects that could be used to harm them or disrupt all that Ouranos wanted, Ouranos or she might be in danger. Worse...they could risk Ouranos' wrath and they could be in danger and just not know it.

**********

Chapter 4: The Chains That Bind.

"Far less my blood relations; for surely blood is thicker than water."

- John Moore, Zeluco (1789)

The Cyclopes and the Hecatoncheires were exactly where Gaia left them since before birthing the Titans. Regardless of the twelve Titan children, both sets of triplets were extraordinary, almost as large as Gaia and Ouranos.

Their Titan brethren would be closer to runts if the children before Gaia were the standard. When she approached, she could see them at a forge they had made.

Where one set of triplets failed, the other three were quite ingenious to compensate. She always applauded the creativity of her children, but at the moment, she was struggling to do so with Ouranos' disapproval of them as it felt like she was practicing a deception.

While they did not confirm her arrival, they did not halt her. This allowed her to inspect their actions. Upon an anvil, they were forging the handle of something. She could not be sure, but in their hot forge was a link to a chain.

"What do you think you are doing?" Gaia asked in upset confusion by their actions. Further, their lack of acknowledgement of her arrival was the height of disrespect.

"We're crafting, Mother, " one of her children cried over the hammering. She was so busy, being shocked by the construction of the object that she did not immediately recognize that it was Cottus who spoke.

"What are you making? What is this?" Gaia asked, addressing Cottus. He was striking his hammer over the chain.

"We call it adamantine. We found it among the deepest parts of the oldest mountains," Gyges replied. "It's strong enough to harm beings such as us," he said, motioning to himself and his mother. "After some time, we discovered it can also bind us."

"How did you discover that?" Gaia wondered. She looked back and forth to each child, hoping one would be forthright with the information. "When?"

"When we were born, some of Chaos' magic flowed in the land as dangerous shadow beings, and we needed to destroy them," Arges replied. While she could tell he was being honest, she also saw that most of his attention was for the adamantine.

"After all," Brontes added with disdain, "You were too busy favoring our Titan brethren!"

"Do not blame your siblings for your jealousy!" Gaia exclaimed, feeling cornered by the disobedient children. While she knew that they would not harm her, jealousy was unbecoming on her children.

"We don't blame them!" Steropes shouted back. "We blame you, Mother!" Despite his work, he faced his mother with a scornful rage burned onto his face, especially in his eyes. "But most of all, we blame Father. You both favored your precious Titans. We, who were not handsome, graceful, or close enough to you and Father, were discarded as failures."

While he seemed angry, there was an edge of sadness to his words. It cut through just enough to reach Gaia's ears.

"We have made our peace with that," Steropes went on, "but we will not live in fear of Father's wrath. What will we do when he convinces our brethren we are undeserving to live in your Realm? Will he banish us to the east as he has Hyperion?"

"Your Father never banished Hyperion anywhere," she said quickly enough.

The Cyclopes shrugged where the Hecatoncheires nodded in acceptance.

"But did he banish us, Mother?" Arges asked.

Gaia almost replied in haste, but quickly restrained herself. Had she responded negatively, it would be a lie to her children. In her heart, she vowed never to lie to her children, regardless if Ouranos favored them or not.

"We thought so," Steropes said as they all went to work on their chain.

"Then what is this?" Gaia asked, empty of will to fight with them.

"We do not want to destroy Father, Mother, but we will not live in fear of him. This chain can bind him, even strip him of his great power. If we have made it right, he will not be able to harm us," Brontes replied.

"And we may live in peace," Steropes added firmly.

"Perhaps, in time, our Titan brethren will have daughters for us to marry," Gyges said hopefully.

When she heard the tone of their voices, Gaia's heart shattered. She had not considered the difficulties their lives had been under Ouranos' unfavorable banishment. Gaia might not have been the most insightful into the Primordial King's mind, but recognizing an injustice was as simple as knowing the difference between day and night.

"Let me speak to your Father for you," Gaia pleaded. "Perhaps he will be reasonable, and you will not need that chain."

They all seemed dismissive of her. Steropes even went so far as to wave her away. It was Brontes that looked at his mother's affection with genuine acceptance.

"Go, then, Mother," Brontes said.

Gaia turned, unsure of what to do. Her steps were heavier in her leaving than when she had come, weighed down by the harm her husband and she, by the extension of her inaction, had wrought upon their children.

"Do you believe she shall succeed?" Steropes asked when Gaia was far enough away.

"No," Brontes said.

Briareos, the powerful Hecatoncheires, was quick to give his input. "Then we need to finish this. The chain will need to bind Father three or four times over. If Mother fails, he will come here for us."

"We could always run," Gyges said.

"Father would chase us," Cottus countered.

"Not if we go in different directions," Gyges remarked.

"Then he will pick us off one by one," Briareos answered. He shook his many heads. "No...we will need to stand our ground. Either Father will respect our choice, or he will try to harm us. We cannot count on our Titan brothers to help us. Cronos is the only one who talks with us regularly but is too young. We will need to do this ourselves."

They all agreed. In their unity, they continued to work on their chain to bind their Father. Their other creation, a sword, would have to wait.

**********

In the time called night, Ouranos looked upon Rhea's sleeping body. While she was lost in deep slumber, he could see every inch and curve of her beauty. She was gorgeous and would be one remembered for the ages.

1...34567...10