It's Hearsay

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I was told you had filed because of your affair," Rachel said. "When did you figure it all out?"

"When Ms. Livingston had to reveal who was paying her bill," I said.

"What's behind all of my dad's actions. It has to be more than just revenge against you?" Rachel said.

"To me, it boils down to something that must be hidden in the trust." I said, "because for some reason he wants our marriage ended before it fully takes effect."

"When did you figure it out?" I asked.

"You got to understand that being pregnant has got my emotions working irrationally at times. Dad broke the phony news of your affair and I lost it." Rachel said. "If he put something in front of me, I signed it because I was upset over losing you. This weekend out of boredom I read all the documents. When I read that it was dad's secretary that you're accused of sleeping with, I knew he had set us up."

"So, what are you going to do after you get released from jail?" I said with a big grin.

"Going home with my hubby after telling my father we are done." Rachel said. "Remind me to tell my mother about his latest stunt."

"I'm just glad we figured it out before our marriage was destroyed," I said.

"Thanks for not saying I was a fool for falling for his bullshit," Rachel said. "if you were half the man you are you still would be a better man then my father. David always remember that I fell in love with the man you are don't ever change. It's you that keeps me grounded. Mom said you coming into my life made me a better and different person. She was right my value and outlook about things have changed so much. I am so mad at myself for allowing myself to be drawn back into the bullshit."

I went and visited my wife every day until Friday. We talked about everything.

Rachel and I were surprised to learn that the Judge did not want us sitting with our lawyers when we appeared before him this morning. The sheriff's department officer who told us said the judge does not want us identified before certain people are required to testify. As a result, my wife would be deliberately held back and would arrive late in her everyday clothing.

Rachel and I walked hand in hand the Friday morning from the county jail and slid into the back of the courtroom just as Judge McDonald took his seat.

"I see the three ladies who claimed to have witnessed the romantic relationship of David Richards are here," the judge said. "I would like them to go stand beside him if he is here in this court."

Rachel and I watched as the three ladies went over and stood beside a man sitting with her father John Brownstone.

"David Richards will you please approach the bench." The Judge requested.

The room went into shock as I stood up and joined the man the ladies had pointed out heading to the bench. When we both had almost reached him, he told us to stop

"Rachel Richards would you come forward and identify which man is your husband." The judge asked.

Rachel came forward. Her eyes and face were smiling big time. Once she reached us, she stood beside me taking my hand into hers.

"It appears that these three ladies had witnessed an affair by someone using David's name in a deliberate attempt to destroy his marriage and ruin his life." The judge said before going on. "The question came to me was who would benefit from having this marriage break up? Who had the financial means to pay for it? I had to ask myself why? Those reasons were why I ordered that a copy of the trust be supplied to my office. I had a trust lawyer review it. Stan Johnson can you step forward and testify what you learned."

Rachel looked at me and whispered do you know anything. I whispered back no.

"Putting all the legalese into common language there is a clause that says if Rachel Brownstone is not married by her twenty-fifth birthday full control goes to her father until she reaches the age of forty." He said. "Since she is, it has legally been hers since the day she got married. Not has only the court been scammed but it appears that Rachel has to."

"Stan send a copy to the attorney general office. Inform him of what we now know. Since John Brownstone is our state representative it should be his office that investigates the situation to see if criminal charges should be laid." The judge said. "Does the plaintive have something to say?"

"Yes, your honor I do." Rachel said. "I wish to withdraw my petition for divorce."

"Granted." Judge McDonald said. "Hire Stan to get your trust legally in your hands. The court is dismissed."

We watched the man claiming to be me taken in for questioning, along with her father who looked defeated. Ms. Livingston handed me the envelope containing the ten thousand dollars.

"Mr. Richards you could probably sue your father in law for a lot more than this." Ms. Livingston said. "I wonder how much they were all paid to try to get the divorce done."

"We don't have to," Rachel said. "He has just written himself out of his grandchildren's lives for ever.

12