All Comments on 'It's Only Fair Ch. 07'

by Vanadorn

Sort by:
  • 183 Comments (Page 2)
seekerazseekerazover 9 years ago
Thank you

Well written, believable characters and storyline and a real heartbreaker. Bi-Polar my explain but does not excuse not should it give the sufferer a free pass to continue to hurt others. Thanks for this. Meant a great deal to me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Revenge on Stan ruined the story

Basically good story, but too long. Also, too didactic -- is author a lawyer? Rick's mom's crude, gutter language was a downer. However, basically story line entertaining. Consider getting some editing help on basic grammar -- e.g., difference between objective and subjective. Never "to Kerri (or whoever) and I ..." but to "Kerri and me." And so on -- nitpicking, I know.

Stupid of Rick to hit and run on Stan -- could have killed him (as Rick wanted). Senseless revenge -- no point. Stan was not the problem. Could have been the mailman or the UPS guy, pizza delivery, etc.

But keep writing!.

tbear58tbear58almost 9 years ago
Good story, mostly believable characters

I came here after reading Flash of Muzzle, which I enjoyed but found too short, to see another example of the authors work. Glad I did as the story hooked me from chapter one and I had to read all 7 chapters. 5 stars sir!

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
Final Thoughts

“What if she gets better and you threw her away?"

Once again, that’s the point, she’ll NEVER get “better”, she’ll always need to be on medication that she can always just decide to stop taking.

His mother should probably hold onto the money until he actually needs it to make sure Elle’s lawyer doesn’t find out about it and try to get a share for Elle.

So, she had NO PROBLEM not thinking of herself as “Amber’s Mom”, but she couldn’t stop thinking of him as “Amber’s Dad”?

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
Re: "In Sickness and In Health"

How many times did he try to get her to get some help, and she just turned on him even WORSE?!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
insidious

There is an unpleasant undertone to this story, something unpleasant about Rick's character. It was bothering me since chapter one and I couldn't quite put my finger on it. He was too passive, too much the victim.

Sure enough, last chapter and it comes out. Barely controlled rage, the volcano inside that he's been controlling .. and he hits-and-runs Stan.

And THEN, we get the moment of truth:

" I was no longer a loser, I was no longer a victim." (page 4).

It makes me wonder, whether Elle was the only person who needs psychiatric care.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
password

If Elle's boss knew the password, why didn't he try logging in himself when she stopped responding?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Brilliant

I have just completed this.

Your story is so true to life and so very well told.

I have had 22 years of supporting, helping and nursing through breakdowns a bipolar person/wife.

I do not think anyone who has not been through the experience can understand.

Very well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Totally talentless garbage ! "1*" !!

The worst !

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
The BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Greeeeeat LW story

You all know what ever the asshole of lit hates we all will love. This is one of them. A fantastic LW story. Just great

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
1*

VOTE 1* FOR EVERYTHING RATED BY VASTIESMITH2 AKA BONNIETAYLOR2! OR WHATEVER YOU CALL YOURSELF!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
I/Me, I/Me, I/Me

I warmed up to this story quite a bit after I realized that we actually had been warned of the wife's mental history. She seemed so over the top, so exaggerated that I thought it was just bad writing and almost bailed on this page turner. But as things progressed I realized that it was quite well done. Bravo.

Kinda stupid, though, that he didn't fuck the daylights out of young Kerri. Really, it would I have been perfect sex for a looong time. Rick fk'd up massively.

But this is the worst case of I/Me screwups I have ever seen on Literotica. Plenty of people get it wrong numerous times in a story, but this author gets it wrong every single time. Given the palpable high quality of writing it's uncanny that he gets it wrong with such pervasive accuracy. Seriously, it happens twenty or thirty times in this long story. To wit:

"I had to do what was right in the long term for my daughter and I."

For godssakes, what is so hard about this for people? It sounds positively obtuse. If you think it out you simply will not make this mistake over and over. It's a massacre. It's grotesque.

Here's the simple way to think it out:

I had to do what was right in the long term for me. (or "myself", in Oxford useage)

+

I had to do what was right in the long term for my daughter.

=

I had to do what was write in the long term for my daughter and me.

It's not too difficult, people.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 8 years ago
Second time through....

Still five stars. Would love to read more from this author. However, I found the young girl written in an annoying manner.

dyonysosdyonysosover 7 years ago
An uneasy story

Well written tho,these days bi-polarism can be better controlled with therapy and mets,often attacks are triggered by post partem for woman,for men it can be about anything like a drastically changing situation in a regulated life

The example the author describes in this story is extreme,turning bdsm and becomming manic can only happen very rarly,most of the time the symptoms are deep depression,melancholy,having suicidal tendencies and general apathy to people and situations

Was he right to divorce his wife ? probably yes in this situation,the meds turn the patient into a zombie and are personality altering,in most cases patients can lead a full and productif life with only minor relapses that can be easely controlled

In my experience only few ,very few,become complete maniacs like this one

cyferxcyferxover 7 years ago
Good writing but still not erotic

The writing is very good. Though the idiom is "by the same token" not "at the same token" (that would be "at the same time"), the grammar and spelling is top notch, and you describe things well, albeit sometimes to the pedantic extreme. Do we really need to know the brand of changing table they have in the men's room? However, in the end, this is a BTB story and like any of these stories it goes by the numbers procedurally and is a desert of erotica, more so than most. I have never seen what is particularly erotic about the BTB story type, and especially this rendition in particular. There is hardly any sex in it (though the scene with Kerri was pretty hot) and it can only get your rocks off if revenge gets your dick hard, and passive-aggressively running over tired old men in the dark is the best revenge. That said, for a BTB, you might have written one of the best ones since it does not have the wife all demonized and the husband is not all that virtuous. They seem like dimensional people, not cardboard stereotypes. You do seem to keep from endorsing his rage and anger, rather than laud it, though I would like to have seen some remorse in him about what he did to his neighbor. That was a pretty dastardly thing to do to anyone, but especially someone who didn't lead the man's wife to do anything. But it makes the husband human I suppose. It certainly kept my interest even if it ultimately ran into the same ground all of these stories do. Just another example that just because something is well-written doesn't make it good. I will read your other material. Hopefully you can find a more positive outlet for your obvious skill at writing. 3 stars.

JeepLover42JeepLover42over 7 years ago
Good but sad

After reading this, I kinda wanted to hang myself. Very sad, with no upside. Plus, it is hard to root for a guy who chooses anonymous hit and run as a method of revenge.

tompo296tompo296over 7 years ago
Well Done

Thank you for this different slant on a 'Literotica' story. It was well written (ok a few gram. glitches) and quite sad overall, but the pathos built was effective. There were areas where I had empathy with the descriptive and that's where this story scored highly for me. Thank you once again

dc6370dc6370over 7 years ago
Very sad, no happy ending...

But you really did a great job on the topics of domestic violence toward men, and also mental health issues.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
More

For a story that long, it would have been nice to see how him and his daughter turned out. Would have liked to see him with Kerri

bachgenbachdrwgbachgenbachdrwgover 7 years ago
Really

impressed with this submission (all 7 chapters). I echo other comments in complementing you on tackling extremely difficult issues with considerable sensitivity. I am someone who enjoys longer submissions, particularly those that deal primarily with the emotional aspects. There are never winners in these situations and rarely will there be any resolution. At least Amber was protected. That will be a good enough ending. Thank you for a job well done.

enjayemenjayemover 7 years ago
Good tale

And very well told! Handle two very difficult concepts extremely well. Male spousal abuse and mental illnes are unfortunately all too familiar to me.

Unlike some posters, I think it finished at the right place. That story is finished, any continuation is a new story.

Thank you for your time and efforts.

Norm

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
No doubt you can write

There were few technical mistakes in these chapters. But this was simply a horrible story that has absolutely no business being posted on this site. You do realize this is a porn site correct? Posting something like this holds no interest for readers. There was nothing erotic or sexy about any of this. If anything, her little bout with the handcuffs might place this in BDSM. In the end, not much gets resolved. A waste of time.

1 star

HankWTullamoreHankWTullamoreabout 7 years ago
Amazing that people complain this isn't a stroke story

Great submission, you nail the emotions and horror of mental disease and the betrayal that can follow.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Too long, too tedious

although an important topic, mental health, abuse, too much trivial detail about opening doors, shaking hands, and such.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
excellent work

hit and run was a minor error in terms of character and timing but all in all a good read

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
non-sexual????

A number of comments diminish Elle and Stan's sexual relationship. No vaginal penetration by penis means no sex occured...the ol slick willie deception!

Numerous ways to get your willie slick other than in a vagina.

Re-read section of story where husband examines Elle's emails. Those were repleted with oral sex. Not to mention for folks in Elle and Stan's circle the bondage and domination are engaged in as a means of sexual release and gratification.

Being as this story is make belief, I have no problem that Stan received a flying lesson. My version would have led to fulfilling Stan's predilections in a more fulfilling and permanent way. Nothing says true love like chaining submissive to a tree deep with the dark woods!

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
Page 3

First and again, Kerri reports my situation to CPS, she will never hear me talk to her again. Whether she was right or not makes no difference. Just not interested. Second, Kerri is making an obvious play for a married man and the entire daycare staff is rooting her on. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot! Then she throws herself into his crotch. So she's a slut. Good to know. Problem is, she's no longer an unbiased witness to CPS positive or negative. And she's a slut...not wife material...don't want her influencing my kid.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
Awesome

story. Run away from Kerri and find a new daycare facility.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 6 years ago
Very good albeit sad story

Writing is excellent - dialogue credible and pacing about right. Plot is realistic and sad. I was surprised at HIV's initial comment - he usually doesn't like anybody's stories - and his comment was spot on. Five star series.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Sad and depressing story

True to life and very well told. I can't say I enjoyed reading because it left me a bad taste of mouth, but you did a great job.

kdcee79kdcee79over 6 years ago
Didn't enjoy it

I have to be quite honest & say that I just didn't enjoy your story. For me, I believe it needed to be edited as it was far too depressing to be 7 chapters long. If you intend to continue writing & I believe you should, please use the services of a good editor in order to finish up with a tight cohesive tale - on this site "length does not always equate to quality". Overall I struggled reading this so whilst well written in parts I could only score it 2 **.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
A tragic tale of impossible love.

Very well written, very sad. An impossible situation for two people whose love couldn't overcome their problems.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Crappy ending!

Kerrie was not too young for him. There was only a 11 year difference AND her blowjobs were the best!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
I CAN'T HELP BUT LAUGH AT OFFICIOUS TWITS LIKE kdcee79

kdcee79 spouted off as if we're supposed to accept that line of officious bullshit as gospel. The story was told at the right pace and realistically.... in the way that real life happens.

I brought child neglect charges against my now ex-wife and, almost immediately, was looked at and treated as if I was the perpetrator.

A FULL TWO WEEKS after I filed the charge, I got notification that she'd filed and accused ME of child neglect and abuse. (her winner 'friends' advised and coached her, of course)

I went through a bunch of the shit described in this story with the family court system, CPS and was subjected to the overbearing, self-important and self-righteous asswipes of NYS. (did I mention nauseating scum - mostly blindly biased female man haters - who deserve to have their heads stomped?) Ultimately, after almost four years of indescribable bullshit and expense, I won full custody of MY three kids.

The fucking STATE did more damage to the kids than my ex did. For two and a half years, they were orphans in a foster home with people who didn't give a shit about them as long as they got a check. Thanks, you filthy, power abusing motherfuckers of NYS. I'd LOVE to be driving a 'Rent-a-Wreck' and see each of you out walking some dark evening.

I gave this story the top rating and 'Let me be your guide' kdcee79 should just shut the fuck up.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Very well done

At the end of chapter 1 I liked the husband and his take on circumstances in his life.

I thought the wife was under developed. But you fixed that in subsequent chapters.

And your description of her once she was medicated was spot on. To stop the high/low cycle the meds "flatline" the patients emotions. A total lost of affect. It's good in that nothing makes them "crazy" but the also take no joy. They don't get mad, they don't smile, they don't laugh. It is sad. But you nailed it.

The story was ultimately sad but I couldn't stop reading it since it was done so well.

And the holier than thou attitude of the government agencies is true. CPS is never your friend. Well done on that aspect as well.

Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Excellent story

I do think it could’ve been edited better and made tighter but that’s nitpicking. Great story, real themes, real actions and way to write something that has a basis in the real world.

I do feel bad for Elle and even worse for him but sometimes there aren’t happy endings.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

A truly excellent story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
DetroitCuckCity said it best

Better that incels (closet cucks) spooge over stories like this instead of driving their van down the sidewalk.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Really well written, just very depressing

You have a very engaging writing style and while I was really rooting for Rick, I felt a great deal of sympathy for Elle too.

I like a happy ending though and the ending for this was just too bleak. It was a shame you didn't have him end up with Kerri. He found her attractive, she was good with kids, and had his best interests at heart. 11 years age gap isn't that big a deal and it would have ended the story on a positive note. Rick deserved some happiness after all the shit he had to deal with!

peter944peter944almost 6 years ago
A real story

As much as many may like the feel good of BTB or RAAC stories, I liked how this came across as truth. I could see the characters in the places they found themselves even if I am not sure I could have put up with some things. It rang true and was entertaining to read. It invoked sadness as to just what happened to them both and that to me means the writer did his job.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Well done

A really good and well told story.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Depressing

Depressing, but a very good story about a serious subject. BPD is real and can account for a lot of strange behavior in a lot of people. Medical treatment of any mental illness often profoundly changes a person's personality while doing it's job or the patient. As for the rest of the story,good on you for having Stan taken care of. Good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Enjoyed your story. I thought in a personal preference it would of been good had the couple after her release and before the divorce if they would of had a serious of emotional and thought provoking type of conversation perhaps with a court counselor?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

open ended! slap hapy papy #9

cybojicybojiover 5 years ago
Very good

Have read this twice. Liked it better the second time. Being a responsible man in this modern liberal society is a bitch and unfair....lol. thanks for the great story. 5

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I think you do know what...

What you are writing about. I’m familiar with bipolar disorder, family drama because of it, divorce, etc.. I hope your experience with this wasn’t as bad for you as it was for the protagonist of the story. Well told tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

so what happened between him and kerri did they live together or get married

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Interesting

I liked that you added elements like abuse on men, how evasive the system can be, and the involvement of family.

LwcbyLwcbyabout 5 years ago
I knew Stan was a scumbag but fucking over Kerri, Way Uncool!!!!!!!

Seriously man you can't give a fucking happy ending 11 years is too fucking much What the fuck ever I have friends that are 17 years apart they've been married for 35 fucking years Jesus it was pretty decent even though I knew fucking Stan was the scumbag from the start but I had hoped that you would end this story nicely and you totally fucked up the ending shame on you I never read a fucking thing from you again

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
5 Stars

I would have kicked the wife to the curb also .. My Children and their safety comes first .. True I do not believe she meant to hurt Him ,, But what if someday she accidently hits My 6 month old daughter with that Keyboard ??

PowersworderPowersworderover 4 years ago

It was a decent story, but you ruined the ending.

This should have ended with Rick and Kerri getting together. She had fallen in love with him and Amber really liked her... she would have been the perfect step-mother for his daughter and made a great second-wife. 11 years age gap isn't that big deal, which makes me think you kept them apart just to make it as depressing as possible.

After 7 melancholy chapters, we deserved a bit of light at the end of the tunnel:

"I just...I just feel like such a loser, Rick."

"I know, Elle, you really are," I agreed with a sad sigh. "At least I got Amber, so the last seven years with you weren't a complete waste of my life."

Her eyes grew glassy, with a rising mania. "I know, Rick. It's just not fair."

"It seems pretty fair to me. You treated me like shit and fucked around like a whore... You deserve to be miserable and alone." I shook my head, just glad I was no longer married to the crazy slut.

"It's just not fair!" she shrieked, struggling in her straight jacket.

I nodded to the orderlies who dragged Elle kicking and screaming from the visiting room.

"Are you okay, Rick?" my lovely wife asked, her soft voice full of concern.

Placing my hand on her pregnant belly, I nodded and smiled at Kerri. "I am now, sweetheart. Let's go home."

doug1247doug1247over 4 years ago
Reality

He didn't kick Elle to the curb. He merely gained physical and psychological distance. Kerri would have been a mistake for both of them. This is at the outer fringes of rebound. Elle wants him and Amber back. Kerri wants to be the caregiver/wife/mother but it will take years for him to stabilize assuming he doesn't return to Elle in some context. Elle may be able to decrease her dosages and become the one he fell in love with and with whom he is still in love. All while he and Kerri are in the lust phase. Then you get a real emotional tug of war between four people. One of whom is a young girl who just wants to be loved by Mommy and Daddy. Sounds like the witches brew in Macbeth with a cauldron of raw emotion.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
This could have been a much more interesting story

exploring the dynamic of a mentally ill wife and marriage vows...in sickness and in health....bipolar disorder can be controlled, and, if untreated, being bipolar makes people difficult to live with, but even untreated, they typically pose a threat of serious violence to themselves, not others. Treated, they can lead fairly normal lives. It's interesting that LW authors make so much of violating one part of marriage vows and seem to ignore the others. And, no, Elle's bondage activities resulting from being mentally ill are no more culpable than a wife who has sex outside her marriage after being roofied.

Great plot idea in general, but there's no real depth.

someoneothersomeoneotheralmost 4 years ago
Vanadorn should be castrated to prevent progeny based on his DNA

I have commented on many stories and have lauded many and have criticized others. But, for the first time, I am calling out the author. To be sure, these stories are fiction and we should accept them as such, But when the story becomes truly malicious, that is a different situation. Vanadorn took upon himself to write a story about a bi-polar wife, which is a difficult subject. But, instead of researching the issue and dealing with bi-polar as a disease that it is, Vanadorn has attacked the true victim, which is the person suffering from the disease. My wife first displayed bi-polar behavior shortly after we were married and did things that she had never done before, or has done since she has started her medication regime. The facts are that people in a manic state are not controlling their lives. The synapses in the brain are not connecting properly. It is a disease just like cancer, but one that has not cure at all, but only the ability to control with a lifetime of medication. IT IS NOT THE FAULT OF THE BI-POLAR PERSON THAT THEY HAVE THAT PROBLEM! It is a pure disease.

Here Vanadorn in his stupidity and ignorance treats the victim as having voluntarily decided to act as she has. Vanadorn refers to the victim as a bitch who deserves no consideration, while the husband is treated favorably. NO!

Rick abandoned his wife when she most needed his help. Rich is no different than that jerk Buchanan who divorced his wife while she lay in a hospital bed suffering form cancer, It is the same thing.

Vanadorn has demonstrated total incompetence as to a subject about which he writes, lack of empathy for those who are ill, and has has maliciously publicized disinformation regarding a very difficult subject.

Literotica does not need authors like Vanadorn.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
someoneother is flat wrong

someoneother assumes and asks us to assume as well that Elle remained in a manic state for months. That is neither real or honest on his part. He claims to have real-life experience, but he is conveniently forgetting parts of HIS story that he is not willing to admit.

Vanadorn writes, as he states with every posting, what he knows. Accusing him of not doing his research is false accusation and a LIE!!!

Great job of handling a tough subject well and with realism.

detroitdave

SparksWillFlySparksWillFlyalmost 4 years ago
Good First Effort

I enjoyed the story even though it covered deadly serious matters. Two notes: shortly after finding the handcuffs, Stan is clearly fingered as the wife’s lover. The hit and run on Stan was gratuitous and out of synch with the tone of the story. A long read for a first effort, but generally well written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
LW authors mostly don't

take vows seriously. Usually, it's "forsaking all others". In this case, it's "for better or for worse...in sickness and in health".

unMisTakenIdentityunMisTakenIdentityover 3 years ago
Good story

@ someoneother. You sound like a self righteous douche. Castigating an author about the exact details of bi-polar disorder and ranting on and on about his lack of expertise and a lifetime of experience in dealing with it...in a god damn work of fiction on Literotica?! Take a deep breath and go find a life.

Your advice is worth as much as the cost you paid to read this story...

RanDog025RanDog025almost 3 years ago

EXCELLENT 5 STAR STORY! Loved it. I wish the author was still active.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I enjoyed most of the story, and could empathize with most of his story. How unfair the legal system is for men just shows how today's society respects males in general. I get the point about cutting her off, as the legal system was bound and determined to make you responsible for her future behavior. The only thing that had me scratching my head was when was going to punch him, but chickened out because he was afraid of a assault charge. This had me wondering at who really had the mental problems when he could have been charged with attempted murder. Definitely a pussy move on his part, couldn't even talk back to the wife, couldn't punch him, so lets hit him with a car. Yah, definitely firing on all cylinders there.

Next point was Kerri, she seemed like a nice enough girl, but man, he sure knows how to pick em. Still a teenager, and he hasn't gotten rid of his old lady yet. Talk about a disaster waiting to happen. If he marries her I see another divorce in a few more years, and should be in time for Amber to really get screwed up from that one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
Someoneother leave judgments to psychology professionals.

Everyone has an opinion, someoneother's is not subjective as he is talking about his experience with his partner of x years. If I talk about my experience with my partner of over two decades and say someoneother is mistaken or that everything he says is a lie I would be as biased as him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

One of the best stories to appear on Literotica.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Bipolar can now be treated with diet and supplements.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

@someoneother opinions are like assholes. Everyone's got one. You are one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I loved this story until the end. For me, Rick's rage, especially toward Stan, seemed "off", out of character and very disproportionate to his culpability for the wife's behavior . Does anyone really believe that Rick is going to feel better after intentionally driving a car into Stan? If anything, he becomes a more violent person than his bi-polar wife and more likely to commit more violence in the future. A very good effort, but Rick became a "loser" in my eyes. I hope in real life Rick didn't do it.

Ocker53Ocker53almost 2 years ago

Overall an excellent story, a little long winded, could have easily cut back on a chapter and it would have taken nothing away from the story. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

certainly better than most on here and i enjoyed reading it ..perhaps a little bit predicable

Hiram325Hiram325over 1 year ago

Excellent tale, well told. I suspected Stan from the first.

HighBrowHighBrowover 1 year ago

Absolutely the best story I have read on Literotica so far. Couldn’t put it down. MC is at the nexus of multiple conflicts. Great job.

nixroxnixroxabout 1 year ago

1 STAR - waste of time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This was one of the most boring series I have ever read on this site.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman11 months ago

well written, plotted out, thanks. as a divorced Dad it does get better but there is always pain, regrets.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Sad tale. Bipolar really sucks. Knew someone in college with it. Can't imagine being married to someone afflicted by it. The meds are so high in this chapter that the Elle he knows is far away. Only a matter of time until she makes a mistake with the meds or purposefully doesn't take them and another vicious cycle starts. Adultery due to mental illness is a tough one. But here Elle is powderkeg and was actively cyber cheating well before the more recent bondage shenanigans with Stan. Also the thought of a wife being a sub to another man even if no vaginal intercourse is beyond comprehension. Her illness is terrible and yet her betrayal is terrible. Her assault that landed her in the mental institution shows that she is a danger to her loved ones. She also never came fully clean with what she did. He had to dig it out. It is not good for him or Amber to reconcile. Thought the whole "can't punch him" to run him down with a car wad over the top. Also the relationship with a 23 year old Kerri was never going anywhere. My wife of 31 years grew up in Deer Park. Driven down Deer Park Ave many times since the early 90s. Not sure when this story is set to take place but for many years now that street is quite built up and unless outside of town (hard on Long Island in that part Suffolk County), don't see how it coukd be pitch black for a hit and run with zero witnesses. Otherwise a sad and tragic, but realistic betrayal of mental illness and perverse adultery while battling the system to keep his daughter. Sadly with the divorce in place, once Elle slips up with her meds, have a hard to seeing her not trying to kill herself in the depressed phase. Bipolar really, really sucks.

plumber4276plumber42769 months ago

While the author assures us that this is not autobiographical - and I fully accept that - it shows an enormous insight into such a difficult situation. The characterisation is well drawn and highly realistic. Such a sad tale of woe. Well done. The author has done an excellent job.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Excellent writing. Impossible to read without feeling immense sadness at the reality of life captured by that writing.

Thanks, I guess.

Keep writing.

MLJ

bobareenobobareeno6 months ago

The revenge on Stan was a poor choice. Team Amber was tossed to the winds for a no win revenge on a sad sack piece of shit. If, by chance, a neighbor saw it, or Stan saw the car, all of which were apparent risks, the MC was throwing his life away for a pyrrhic victory, and Amber would be with mom. As an author’s choice, it smacked of playing to the crowd of angry misanthropes that want violence in any tale where there is a sexual betrayal. Otherwise, readable, though the ending was without any real payoff.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

About 2, maybe 3 chapters too long, I think. The last part especially was poorly done. All this buildup for Kerri or possibly even a RAAC, but then it just all bombs, and for no real reason for either not happening.

Not loving Kerri? I call horse shit, they were well on their way to a possibility there.

A RAAC, entirely possible. What happened was well within the real of the forgivable when viewed through the lens of mental health and understanding and love.

Overall, I thought the MC was a fairly weak man child that couldn't see or accept the shades of grey most people live in. She had to be perfect, nevermind that he had a tonne of faults himself.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Wow. This story took me to a place I I never expected but once started I couldn't let it go. Thanks. 5

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Anonymous commenter from six months ago with post starting with "Sad tale..." had a very poignant analysis and review of this excellent but sad story. So no need to do anything else her but give it 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

To the Anonymous commenter from a month ago who was ripping the MC for being a man-child and thought reconciliation was warranted: have you ever lived or known someone with bad bipolar disorder? It is a serious and sad and painful matter that often ends up destroying any and all relationships over time. Admittedly his ex wife had a bad version of the disease. That bring said mental disease is easier to forgive than say a multimonth affair, but reconciliation with hisnex wife means putting his daughter and himself in danger and bringing her back into his house and life. That seems far fetched. On thr meds she is a zombie. But she won't always stay on the meds. They never do...

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Bipolar sucks. It just is really bad. It may get worse with time and lack of treatment, but no definitive cure, and signs of this should have happened earlier in her life. It doesn't just "turn on".

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Well written and unique. I actually read it straight throuh. I like happy endings even though this one didn't have that. It reminds me of a friend and neighbor whose wife had Alzheimers disease. Never a happy ending there.

ArdieffArdieffabout 1 month ago

Well written. And a really sad story. Mental illness is so hard on family memebers.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous