Ivanovs Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,295 Followers

The council resumed and the hearing began. Krill moved to stand at the podium to await the charges that were being brought against him.

Gregor opened the folder and read the words. "Krill Kelvic, you stand before the vampire council on the charges of treason. It is believed that you viciously acted on your own and executed, Esmeralda Ivanov. For this action, the council will decide on an appropriate punishment. What do you have to say in defense of your actions?" Gregor asked.

He watched the area where his children sat. He wanted to reassure them that his would be fine and nothing would befall there cousin. However, for this last time, he had to stay in the role of Gregor Ivanov, Leader of the Vampire Nation.

Krill looked at the panel seated before him and spoke. "Esmeralda Ivanov was my aunt and she was insane. I don't need to extol to her crimes because she is not on trial here. You argue that I took the law in my hand, and maybe you are right. For killing her, I have no defense. I did what needed to be done. For those people she hurt, they understand my position." He looked at his uncle, "Sir the only crime I committed was carrying out your order earlier than planned."

The audience was silent. Gregor had heard enough. But he had to ask, "Vampire council, do we have a rebuttal?" No one spoke. The council members felt there was no reason to prolong this.

Gregor spoke once more. "As head of the council, I declare this trial voided. No crime was committed. No one was damaged. The only thing Krill has done is execute an order from the council. Esmeralda Ivanov was declared insane and slated to be eliminated. He eliminated a dangerous threat. Is there anyone on this panel that would have voted to spare her?" he asked. No one moved. "I, Gregor Ivanov, declare that all charges against Krill Kelvic are null and void. He will not be brought before this council on charges for this action again. As is the way of our people we must vote. Council men one by one, state your verdict."

Starting to his left each vampire member, gave Krill a vote of No Contest. Claus spoke loudly, proud when he announced his vote. Amerie smiled, and her heart was filled with love and admiration for her husband.

Gregor spoke once more, "The council has spoken. Krill Kelvic you are free to resume your seat on the council. The trial is done." The crowd cheered, and Gregor for the first time since becoming council leader, felt proud of a decision he made.

Krill stood and his guards stepped aside. After an entire night of being separated from his mother, Krill Kelvic was freed. The first thing he did was embrace his mother.

Gregor smiled as he watched the reunion. He stood and asked Cassius and Logan to help him to the lounge in the back. He knew he would go now, but he could leave in peace. "Cassius, Logan you two protect our people, keep them safe. I am sorry I failed you." Logan tried to speak, but Gregor, held up a finger. "No Logan, I not only failed my kids. I failed the entire vampire nation. But I hope my decision today put something's right."

Then he stared off into the distance, his eyes glowing, and he smiled as his children rushed into the room. Gregor reached his hand to an unseen entity and exhaled for the last time.

No one screamed, a few shed tears, but all accepted the fact that the former leader of the vampire nation had expired. The council resumed, and Cassius once again sat at the helm. "Thank you all for attending today. To the Ivanov family, we extend our deepest condolences. Gregor Ivanov passed earlier this day. We extend our best wishes to his family and offer any support you all may need."

Kale stood and accepted their gracious offer, but simply asked that the family be given privacy during this time of bereavement. Cassius dismissed the council, and gave the family permission to convene in Gregor's office. Kale, started to make arrangements for Gregor when Cantar, spoke so softly, so quietly. "What about mother? She died yesterday, and we have not arranged anything for her."

Eugenia spoke, "Cantar, we will arrange a quiet ceremony for her." She then quietly embraced her niece. Amerie joined Eugenia, because a part of her understood how the child may have been feeling. She recalled how devastated she was when she thought Nicolette had died. Amerie sat beside her and spoke. Claus and Krill were asked to remain with the council to discuss a few more issues, and had not joined them.

Nicolette watched her mother, and saw the shadow of the memory of the dark times from not so long ago. Her heart broke for Cantar, but she could not be sad that Esmeralda was gone. She was never close with her sister-in-law, but now things had changed. One thing she'd learned from her other family was that you rally around and hold each other up.

She wanted to say something. She wanted to help, but didn't know how. Then she thought of something, and sent to Gernick as he spoke with his brothers. Love, I'll be back.

Nicolette returned to the compound and Nina knew something had happened. She arrived at the Alpha's home to alert them that she was there. "What is it? What's wrong?" Nina asked.

Nicolette, looked at her friend and answered, "Gregor died this morning." She wasn't sad, but worried for Cantar. "Cantar is having a hard time right now. Her mother was killed yesterday, and to lose her father today. It's well..., it's hard for her. I came to get Jonathan. She asked once that I let her know her nephew, and I just thought..." Nicolette paused.

"Of course, he's at daycare. Let's get them." Nina suggested. The women walked over to the childcare center, and Shari was there for the day helping to watch the newborns.

"Shari, I thought you had bed rest?" Nicky queried. She greeted her sister-in-law with a tight embrace. Soon Kelly brought a rambunctious infant to his mother. Jonathan saw his mother and leaped in her arms.

Nicolette laughed and kissed her son. "Nicolette, how are they? Garrick told me his father passed, and he's really busy. I just wish..."

Nicolette described what was going on at this time. At the end she explained that Cantar was having a really hard time." Shari's heart broke for her. "Nicky, I hated Essie as much as you. But to Cantar, she was her mother. Losing her has to be hard on her, and knowing the evil she has done must make her feel horrible for missing her." Nicky nodded. She didn't think of it that way. "Shari will Kim let you go there just for a while. Garrick would love to see you and if Cantar sees you, well it might help."

Shari nodded, "I'll ask, but if Garrick has a fit, you deal with him." Shari called and got permission from Kim to join her family for a short time." She called Gerick. Love, Kim has said I can come see you. I'll be there in a few minutes.

Wait, Shari, the baby. Are you sure? He asked needing his wife with him so badly right now.

Kale looked at him, What's wrong? At the question, Brenwan and the others became alert. "Shari will be here in a few minutes. She's coming," he added smiling.

Krill and Claus entered the office and Claus quickly embraced his wife. Cassius asked him a question, and he could not answer it. However, he needed to answer soon.

As Krill was now sitting beside Cantar and she embraced her cousin, Nicky and Shari arrived. Nicolette had brought someone with her. "Cantar, this is your nephew. I can't replace what you've lost, but I can remind you that you have family that surrounds you and care about you,. And you will have lots of nieces and nephews to spoil. One day, when you meet your mate, you will have family of your own." Jonathan reached for his aunt, and Cantar held her nephew, so tight loving how safe and warm he felt.

"Cantar, I too have failed to know you. I could have..." Shari spoke, Cantar had not seen her in so long and she saw her glowing and pregnant with her new niece. Her mother tried to steal this from them, but she failed. They were strong, they would survive.

"Shari, I'm sorry Momma hurt..." Shari would not let her take that guilt. "Cantar, you are my little sister. You saved my daughter's life. When you exposed her, I know that was hard, and for that I will always be grateful to you." Cantar gave Jonathan to his grandmother and embraced her sister-in-law. Ava had to make herself known and she kicked.

Cantar laughed, "She hit me." She gasped. Garrick hugged his sister, and answered "That's my daughter, kick ass like her aunt."

"We need to leave. Cassius will have dad's office cleaned out and deliver his effects. As for the house, we can have it cleaned and secured until we decide what to do later. Let's meet at our home, so we can talk." Kale suggested.

Everyone agreed, and Cantar held her nephew close. Garrick would join him, but he wanted some time alone with Shari. Everyone went to Kale's and Garrick and Shari went home.

*****

At the compound, life went on as usual. Nina hoped that things were alright with Nicky and Gernick, and she'd be there if they needed her. But they had family issues to deal with and she could respect that. Kyra and Malcolm were returning to school, and Nina suspected they'd mate soon. They were waiting, and she understood why. It was funny watching Malcolm fight to keep control of his raging hormones, but she knew he loved her daughter and for that alone he earned her respect.

She, Thaddeus, and Theo joined the pack for dinner when BJ arrived with is brood. All of the kids gravitated towards each other, leaving the adults alone. Blaine teased his friend. He remembered how cranky Celia was right before Nickie was born. BJ laughed as he recalled how frazzled his big sister had his friend.

Julianne got up early and happy to have some time alone. Her mother would arrive later this week. She wondered if her boyfriend would come too. Julianne smiled, her mother had a boyfriend. She would never call Lakota Gaines, Alpha of the Gaines pack, a boy to his face. The man was a dream. Her mother was a lucky woman. She needed to stop teasing the poor man and accept him as her mate already. Julianne got up, chuckling at the thoughts, when the first pain hit. She paused, and it passed. As she moved to the bathroom, warm liquid rushed from her body all over the floor. He water had broken. BJ had taken Marisol and Rosita to the dining hall for dinner.

BJ my water broke. she sent. Her husband alerted the Alpha and Madam Alpha. Elise had Omega Gertie to take the children, as she and the rest of the family headed to the medical center. BJ and Blaine rushed home to help Julianne. BJ was a wreck, as was Blaine. Elise laughed. She remembered giving birth to her two little ones a few years earlier, and knew how exciting this was for the new couple. Elise smiled. She and Javon had decided to expand their family, and she was waiting for the right time to tell him. It seemed today would be perfect. First, they had to get Julianne to the medical center. Nina met them at the hospital and called Margaret.

Margaret was already boarding her jet to fly to Loess Falls. They were her grandbabies and she'd be here to welcome. She thought of Lakota. She needed to call him, but he was in a meeting; she'd call him later. Surely, he'd understand she had an emergency and could not wait around.

BJ was scared and excited. Julianne was placed in her room, and he sat with her. "Baby, I'm here. You'll be fine. OK." He whispered. Julianne loved her mate, but she could tell he was scared spitless.

"BJ are you telling me this, or talking to yourself." She asked. BJ looked at her and smiled, his fear evident in his eyes. A few months ago, he stood in this same hospital where they almost lost aunt Nicky. His sister and mother had also given birth in the last year. Several other pack members had added to their families as well. He was an active part in a few of the births, so this should not faze him. Then Julianne moaned, and BJ almost lost it. This time was different. His wife was in pain and giving birth.

Jules tensed, and he held her hand and talked her though the pain. The pains were getting closer and closer. Soon they were five to seven minutes apart. Margaret arrived at the compound and a theta escorted her to the medical center. She was taken straight to Julianne's room.

Julianne was glad to see her Mom, but she realized her to other family wasn't there. Aunt Nicky and Gernick were missing, "BJ, where' is Aunt Nicky?" She asked.

"I'll ask Mom." He answered as he held her through another strong contraction. Margaret sat with her as he sent to his Mom. Nina quickly explained the death of Gernick father, and BJ was silent. He didn't know the man but he knew how much pain he caused his family. Nina told him, she'd let them know.

Nicky, Jules is giving birth now. She's fine. The twins are fine. I'll tell you when they are born. Can you let Shari know? she sent.

Nicolette was talking with Brenwan and Cantar when she froze. Her eyes quickly flew to Gernick, who was holding his son. Love, Jules is having the twins. she sent.

Garrick and Shari joined them and Nicky relayed the news to her. "Oh no, I wanted to be there." Shari moaned. Garrick wrapped his arms around her a caressed their daughter. "We can-"

"No, Garrick." Nicolette insisted. "Her family is there. Nina will call once the babies are born, and we can visit then. Shari, are you OK. Remember, Kim said if you feel tired, overwhelm, or even strange to come back."

"Baby, are you alright? I can take you back. Kale, you will fill me in right." Garrick stated, already nervous, but on high alert where his wife and child were concerned.

"Baby, I'm fine. We can go back, but I want to stay here with you all a bit longer. It's nice being with my family and for once I want to simply enjoy this." Shari calmly explained.

"Man, if this is how nervous guys are when they are expecting; baby you need to go on and find a strait jacket to tie me up now, because I already know I'm going overboard." Kale joked. Everyone laughed and the mood lightened considerably.

The four brothers had already had their father and stepmother cremated. They were deciding on a memorial service. No one wanted to eulogize Esmeralda, but because of Cantar, if she insisted, they have a small private service.

Brenwan laughed at her husband, and relaxed. If and when they had a child, he or she would have the most amazing family. She looked over and saw Krill sitting with Cantar watching the group. Deciding to just be bold, she walked over and had a seat. Krill smiled at his cousin's wife and simply remained silent.

"Oh no, Krill, you don't get to sit here and not talk. Tell me about you. I know you kicked Gernick's ass centuries ago, and you pissed off the council, but tell me now that you are with your cousins, are you alright?" She asked, genuinely concerned.

Cantar was surprised, because she never thought about how awkward this might be for Krill. She'd talked with him and he seemed OK. "Ms. Ivan-"

Brenwan stopped him before he finished, "No, you are family; Wait, let me introduce everyone and tell you our names." She grabbed his hand, and marched to where the others were standing. Cantar and Eugenia watched, as Brenwan took command of the situation. Claus saw how uncomfortable Krill was, and smiled at him.

He really liked him, and would be forever indebted to him. He needed to talk with Amerie, so as Brenwan was introducing Krill around, Claus sent to his wife, Baby, can we leave? I have something I need to tell you.

Amerie was startled, but quickly excused herself and joined her mate. She told everyone, they'd be back for the service the next morning. Her quick departure caused Nicolette some concern. She seemed worried and she didn't like it.

Gernick hugged her and whispered, "Baby, they are married and can't be with us all of the time, right?" he asked. He suspected that Claus had been asked to join the council, and he was considering it. After talking with Krill the night before, he was almost certain, but he'd let them share that news.

*****

Claus and Amerie went home, and he was silent. He was going to wait and talk to Amerie about this, but he decided not to let it linger. Cassius had asked for an answered sooner rather than later. He had bestowed upon him a great honor. The thing is he hated the council, and wasn't sure if he wanted to deal with them. The way Gernick had been treated by them, as well as some others. He realized that Cassius wanted to change things and he was hoping he'd join him in making that happen.

Amerie walked into their home and sat down. She waited for Claus to speak. "Claus, please just tell me. What is going on?" she finally asked, frustrated and now seriously concerned.

"Amerie, so much has happened. I don't know... I mean..." he exhaled. "Cassius asked me to join the vampire council."

Amerie looked at him, and wondered what was he so upset about that. Then he took a moment to explain to her how the council worked.

"Amerie, the council is the ruling body of vampires. They have a constituent of every continent in the world. Anytime new or different laws or regulations are enacted, the council member for that region deals with it. I'll be assigned to Asia. We would have to live there and I'd need to report to Greystone twice monthly for debriefings. Anytime someone is brought before the council, I'd have to be there to listen and vote. What I'm saying love is, it will take over our lives and I will be expected to be at their beck and call." Claus stopped. "I am torn Amerie. I feel I can make a difference there, but I don't want to give up my life to serve on the council either."

Amerie nodded. She didn't want Claus away from her for extended times either. "Wait, couldn't I be with you. I mean Esmeralda..." she froze and then continued. "She was not supposed to be there was she?"

Claus shook his head, "No, but Gregor was leader, and out of respect no one challenged her presence."

Amerie asked, "Will I see you? What about Gernick, Nicky, our grandkids?"

"We will still be married, but I'll be at work more and we won't see each other as much as we might want too." He explained.

"You can keep them from targeting our children again, right?" she asked.

"Baby, the council never really targeted them, Essie did." He explained.

"Claus, I know this is an honor for you. I understand you'll be the first member who was turned and not born a vampire. It will also put someone in position to make sure our families are looked out for and guarantee that the wolves are always protected." She stood and walked away. "When I lost Nicolas, I stopped living Claus. Nicolette was the only reason I fought. That council did everything they could to destroy my daughter. Another daughter, or son will be called in front of them on bogus accusations, and someone needs to be there for them. Will Krill still be there?" she asked.

Claus nodded. Amerie took a deep breath, looked at her husband and spoke truthfully. "In all honesty, I want to get as far away from that dastardly council as we possibly can, but they need you. The vampire nation needs you, Claus. So yes, my husband," she stated wrapping her arms around his neck. "If you want to join the council, I will stand behind you completely"

Claus hugged her tightly. He held her so tightly, she almost could not breathe. "I am torn, Amerie, so torn. I just want my family safe, and I don't want to ever be in a position where I cannot keep you all safe. However, being on the council will take me away from here because, I'll have to relocate to my region. You'll have to leave Nicolette and the baby, because if I go, you go with me." He stated emphatically.

Amerie nodded, "How often can I visit?" she asked. Claus kissed his wife and answered, "As often as I can stand for you to be away from me."

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,295 Followers