Jack's Rebirth Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I blushed even more, quite embarrassed, but Gloria hooked her arm in mine and with a shit eating grin, voiced, "Thank you, dear", at the top of her lungs. We thanked them and went to get the Bronco and leave for Corpus Christi. Gloria strapped in, but not before folding her legs up under her delicious little butt. I don't how she does that, but I glad she does. She had her little traveling blanket and her car pillow and she would curl up with her head and shoulders on the console every once in a while and rub my leg and my belly. (Among other things. Amazing we made it to Corpus Christi.)

Actually, the B&B was on Padre Island. A quaint little, newly opened place run by relatives of one of my friends on the force. They were struggling to make a go of it. That plus the fact that it was February in Texas, on the Gulf coast, got us a deal if we would write a good review. So we got a week on the coast and we were in seventh heaven. We left the Houston area and 4-1/2 hours later, we were in Padre. The room was nice, cozy and warm with a small fireplace. Right out the side door and we were on the beach. A short walk to the mostly closed shops and restaurants, and it was the perfect getaway, especially for two people in love. That's us.

We spent a lot of time in bed (really??) and talking.

(OH, COME ON!!).

We took long walks on the beach and even managed to get sand in a few personal places. (That was painful, but worth it.) We had late lunches and early dinners. We shopped and bought weird things to cherish for the rest of our lives.

One of the things we bought, possibly the most important, we found in the Walmart, of all places. We were just looking for trinkets to bring back for the kids. As we strolled past the jewelry counter, she stopped cold, her eyes locked on a small pair of snowflake-shaped earrings. Her eyes widened and she turned to me.

"THEY'RE BEAUTIFUL!!" she breathed. I reached over and picked up the small box, noticing that it was one of about three dozen of the same ones.

"Sweetheart (I used that a lot lately. Have to come up with a different term of affection. Or not.), they cost $14.92. They're not even real cubic zirconium. I'm not sure what they are" I puzzled.

"But they're beautiful." She hesitated.

"PLEASE??" she breathed, with that wistful little girl look women use to get their way.

Come on, what was I gonna do? For $15.00??

"Okay. If you want them, and it makes you happy, 'No Prob', toots, as they say." I grinned.

It was pathetic, we were so much in love. We discussed different aspects of our ripening sex life, and while she admitted she was not a fan of anal, if I wanted to try it, we could. No skin off my nose, but if I licked her rose bud or absently (!!!) stuck a finger or two in the forbidden zone while we were otherwise involved, she would melt and quiver and climax like you wouldn't believe. File that for future reference.

It was on one of the long late night walks that she told me about a conversation she had had with my mother a few weeks ago. Mom told her that about the time she was pregnant with me, she had done something horrible to my dad.

(Uh, Oh!!)

She wouldn't tell Gloria what had occurred, but it had almost broke them up. She cautioned her to always remain true to Jack or it could be fatal.

"Do you have any idea what happened, Jack??"

"Not a clue, sweetheart. I always thought they were always happy together." Which was true, until my dad talked to me. But I had sworn, and if mom didn't spill it, then she must think I didn't know either. It would die with me.

Finally, the week ended and we left to get back to the real world. We arrived home to my folks house, refreshed, worn out and unable to let each other's hands go.

Until the kids came thundering out the front door. Cries of 'Mommy, Daddy,' echoed across the lawn and we were knocked over by our children, and my parents, who looked happy to see us- and tired. They had dinner ready and keys to our new apartment. Tomorrow we would go to church, and Monday back to work. We made love that night, quietly, in our new bed, for the first time. Several times. All night long.

There was one more thing to put behind us, and it would take a few weeks to come to fruition. But everything would be made right. At least as right as could be. Evelyn had drawn up adoption papers for me to have the children become my own. It would be a birthday present, combined for the two of them, when Micheal turned 8 in three more months. It was hard to keep it a secret.

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Monday morning at work I got a briefing along with the rest of the squad. Lieutenant Wasser had gotten some intel from, of all people, Louis Vallone. It seems one of his guys had been to the police auction and had overheard some nefarious types talking about looking to acquire four 17 foot U-haul type trucks for transporting things out of Mexico. The problem was the guys looking to acquire the trucks worked for Mela Trucking, and they had plenty of trucks. They were all larger, so why were they looking for 17 footers? Were they looking to branch out into local deliveries? Curious.

Louis called Clint and that got the FBI and the State Department involved. They manged to ascertain that four such trucks had been obtained at various locations in the southwest and had been driven to Mexico. The Mexican Policia Federal Preventia, or the Federales as they were known in the U.S., had cracked a high level drug ring and were surprised to learn that they were suddenly in the auto body and paint business at one of their remote locations. The pictures they managed to spirit out to America showed four trucks in various stages of repainting to show the colors and logo for Mela Trucking. Obviously, they were getting ready to ship something north. The questions were- What, Where, and When???

The Feds leaned on the several guys they had turned to get some intel.

What came together was the plan to ship almost eight tons of drugs to Texas, to be distributed via Mela's Transcontinental trucks around the U.S. Pretty slick, huh?? They also had several customs people on their payroll to assist' at the Border crossings, to make sure the dogs didn't get too close to the cargoes. The trucks were to be driven to the 'Estate' of one Jason Wildress, located in a remote area north of Lake Conroe. Secluded and isolated, surrounded by a stone wall with large grounds and several outbuildings, it was an excellent spot to pull their switch.

The Feds got the Texas Highway Dept. involved and came up with a plan. DEA and the FBI would acquire a duplicate truck and get it painted up to match the other four. Their was construction at the interchange of I-10 and the Beltway 8 (when wasn't there??) and they planned to break out the last truck and substitute theirs.

The Feds truck would be out fitted with benches for twenty armed cops and a console for communications. They would be able to stay in touch with various tactical units when they breached the 'compound'. The compound was the home of Mr. Wildress, who also happened to be the Senior Vice-President at the advertising firm of Alders, Wildress, and Jones. Also the prick Lauren had left Jack for. Like I said, coming together nicely. Or at least, on paper.

We were set for the op to begin when the trucks got to the city limits of Houston. Aerial surveillance would begin and they would institute tactical action once the trucks were in the enclosure. As local P/D, were assigned to be backup and would be in the area once contact was made.

It started to come apart when my partner Dave Anderson and I were prepping our assault vehicle to move out to the Lake. My phone rang. It was about 12:30 p.m., just after lunch time, and Dave and I were talking about hitting some fast food joint before heading out. I looked at the number, and realized it was Evie.

I answered it. "Hi, sis, what's up?"

Immediately, "Have you heard from Gloria lately? She was supposed to pick up some papers from a client over on the South side before heading back to the office, after she had left the Courthouse downtown. We haven't heard from her and she didn't make the appointment down south. I can't raise her; it goes straight to voice mail." She sounded very concerned.

I was bordering on panic stricken. With what was going to go down, I started to think the worse possible things.

"I'll get back to you, Evie," and ended the call. I called Gloria and got the same response. SHIT! I ended it and hit the locator app for her phone. Bingo! The Courthouse.

"Come on, Dave we're moving-NOW!" He grabbed two bottles of water and we sprinted to the reinforced, armored Ford Expedition.

He looked at my face. "I'll drive. Where are we going, Jack?"

"Courthouse, lower level parking garage. And move it!"

Record time to downtown and we rolled down into the garage. It was a little after 1:00 p.m.. We pulled in and there was Gloria's Explorer, parked in the reserved spot. We T-boned behind it, bailed out, weapons drawn. But no wife. But there on the ground by her driver's door were her keys, complete with the little seagull charm from Padre. SHIT, SHIT!! Dave was the calmer head.

"O.K. Jack, hit the locator app." I really wasn't thinking and took a deep breath as I hit the app. It showed right on top of us. Hunh!! I hit her phone number and her ring tone beeped. A silly song by some girl group, I had heard it a thousand times when we couldn't find her phone and we looked for it at home. I led us right to the trash can. I dug out her phone and turned it off. Then I checked for anything on it. Nothing special. I turned to Dave.

"Bring the unit around front. I'm going up to security to check the CST and see what they got." I raced to the elevator and it the button for the lobby as Dave jumped in and with lights and sirens, tore up the ramp to the front of the courthouse. I got out on the first floor and raced to the guard room. The officer on duty had seen us downstairs and was semi-ready for me.

"I need to see the video from the garage about 50 minutes ago." He checked the indicated time and punched some buttons. The screen flickered and then showed the same scene, but then a petite female in slacks and a blazer strode into view, jiggling her keys and holding a file folder. Then, as she approached her car, a big black Cadillac Escalade, with red pinstripes pulled into the picture. The car stopped and the back passenger door opened and a swarthy looking Spanish prick (sorry) got out and grabbed Gloria. She dropped her keys and struggled. He dragged her backwards. He forced her into the Caddy and slammed the door.

"Freeze that and print it. I need a shot of the license plate." I grabbed my radio. "All units, be advised. Kidnapping in progress. Subject is one Gloria Stone, 28, Hispanic female, taken from the Montgomery County Courthouse. Vehicle is a late model Cadillac Escalade, black with red pinstripes, License plate number JAS-WIL, Texas tags. One Hispanic male involved, thought to be one Rafael Santos, 30. Suspect is considered armed and dangerous."

Just then, a white male exited the elevator, walked up to the Caddy and got in on the driver's side back seat. The Cadillac left and exited the picture. Just then, Dave came in and we grabbed the printout as I told the officer to save the tape of the last two hours for the investigation, and we turned and raced out.

We got in the unit and left with lights and sirens as I accessed the traffic cams. The I had a horrible thought. THE KIDS!! I grabbed the mic.

"Dispatch, this 1 David 7, requesting a unit to be sent to Ellis Elementary School and issue a lock-down at the school. Possible kidnapping attempt of two, repeat, two minor children, one Michael Ortiz, age 7 and one Marilyn Ortiz, age 5 1/2 in conjunction with on going kidnapping."

"Roger,1 David 7, units en-route. Be advised suspect vehicle registered to one Jason Wildress, age 42, Conroe address. Vehicle spotted on Route 105 west towards Lake Conroe. Units in pursuit."

"On our way, Jack. Don't worry, we'll get them. She'll be o.k.."

I grimaced. The I grabbed my phone and speed dialed the school, specifically Asst. Principal Janice Soames, again a former school mate of mine. She knew Gloria and I and was familiar with our situation, even having attended our wedding. She answered on the third ring.

"This is Janice Soames, who am I talking to?"

"Jay-Jay" I said, using our high school nickname. "This is Jack Stone. I need you to get my kids to a safe location. Gloria has been kidnapped and I'm concerned they may be coming for them next. Please, Janice, I beg you."

She lapsed into old friend mode.

"I just got the lockdown alert, Jack. I'm sorry. We'll take care of things on our end. Right now the kids are alright. You handle things on your end. God speed, Jack, and be careful."

"Thanks, Jay -Jay." I was on the verge of tears. But Dave snapped me back to real time.

"View screen, Jack. We got them, approaching the turnoff west of Westmear Village. ETA aprox. 12 minutes. I'm going as fast as I can, buddy. State police say if they make that turnoff, they have two units ahead of them. There are three more units behind us. I shut off the sirens, but the lights are still working." He looked sideways at me.

"At least its not dull being with you as a partner" he grinned.

I smiled.

"Thanks, buddy."

***********************************************************************************

Meanwhile, inside the Escalade, about one hour previous (for those of you who say I jump around too much)

Gloria hit the back seat and there was a semi-attractive blonde, big tits, expensive Italian linen suit. She once could have been considered very attractive. Now, she was well used. Well, USED.

"So this is the Puerto Rican bitch Jack traded down to. I would have thought even Jackie could have done better."

Santos was going through Gloria's purse, finally found her cell phone, and tossed it out the car window into the trash can.

"Yeah, this is Gloria Ortiz, hot Latin fuck toy!!" he grinned.

'So' thought Gloria 'this was Lauren.' She turned back to study her nemesis, and realized Jack had been lucky to lose her when he did. And for the first time, really appreciated how lucky she was. She bowed up and unloaded on the woman next to her.

"So you're the fucking slut that destroyed the greatest man in the world and left him for me to heal. Thanks, bitch. I'll take your castoffs any day. But I already have Jack, so keep the rest of your shit."

Where did that come from? I hope someone recorded it so I can use it in the future.

Now Lauren wasn't going to take this from some one of a 'lower station', so to speak, and she leaned forward and open handed slapped Gloria across the face.

"Who do you think you are, tramp? NO ONE speaks to me like that" she snarled.

It was delivered with all the entitlement Lauren felt she deserved. SHE deserved. Unfortunately, Gloria didn't quite agree with her. Bringing her little right fist from the passenger's side door, she returned the petty slap with a roundhouse punch to Lauren's now no longer patrician profiled nose. Cartilage shattered along with a couple of teeth and her eye started to blacken and swell. Blood splattered all over her expensive suit, and she was thrown against the seat back.

In all fairness, poor Gloria's fist took a hit too, and she shook it as it stung. Then she launched herself at the shocked woman and proceeded to pummel her, inducing more pain and damage. The ensuing pseudo-cat-fight was broken up by Rafael Santos. He smirked as he separated the two women.

"That's enough!! I can't have two of the prime attractions for the coming weeks festivities tearing themselves apart. The two of you and about another twenty or so young women are going to be entertainment for our 'guests'. After the 'gentlemen', and some of the ladies, get finished with you, you", pointing to Gloria, "will be so used, abused, and stretched out that even the whorehouse in Tijuana where we're gonna send you may wind up kicking you to the street.

"But don't worry. We're going to get your kids and they can watch mommy servicing, and being serviced all week long. And then we're gonna turn your kids over to an international kiddie porn ring and 'poof' they're gone. Just some of the payback for the shit you've done to me for the past four years! And your worthless piece of shit husband hasn't got a clue what's going down. In fact, NO ONE DOES!! The FBI, the DEA, the State Department,...they're All in the dark."

Gloria paled and her stomach convulsed. She saw her whole life crashing down around her. The groans of Lauren snapped her back to the present.

Everything she had hoped for, everything she had worked for, everything she had PRAYED for, was being ripped away. 'JACK! WHERE WAS JACK? SHE NEEDED JACK! THEIR KIDS NEEDED HIM! OHH, GOD! PLEASE HELP ME!!'

Her thoughts were interrupted by the driver's side passenger door opening and a tall, fit, blonde-haired middle-aged man, slightly grey around the temples, got in and went to kiss Lauren; till he saw her face and condition. He recoiled and said to Santos, "What the hell happened to her??"

"A slight argument with our guest here" he said, indicating Gloria.

The new guy smirked and said, "You must be the cop's wife." He leered as he looked her over. Then he looked at Santos.

"She will be a welcome diversion at the 'party' this week" he snickered. Gloria quailed and shook. She was pissed. She was also becoming scared. 'Oh, God, please help my children. Where's Jack??'

The new guy motioned to the driver and the Caddy left the garage.

'Where were they going? What would happen?' Gloria was scared. She didn't know where they were headed.

***********************************************************************************

Back to the Present time.

But Jack knew. Jack knew and he was doing something about it. He had crawled to the back of the truck, and retrieved two vests, a 12 ga. loaded with rubber bullets, one loaded with 3" slugs, and some tear gas canisters. He brought them to the front and he and Dave donned the vest and Jack helped him secure his as he drove. They were now 3 miles back and closing, and the Escalade was approaching the State Cops, about a mile and a half in front of them.

The truck convoy, meanwhile, had entered the compound and when the gates closed, three Black Hawk helicopters swooped in and landed. The door in the back of the fourth truck slid up and 20 armed HRT agents deployed as several assault vehicles crashed through the gate, spilling an additional 20 or so agents into the courtyard. Shots were exchanged, four cartel types were sent to wherever they were going to end up, and the rest surrendered. The raid was a success.

But the other part was still in play, and the Cadillac had been contacted and told what was going down. The occupants were not happy and tried to figure out where to go, what to do. Wildness had just suggested they go to Conroe Airport where his small plane was based. Just as they decided to do that, as their best option, they rounded a turn and came almost face to face with a Texas State Police roadblock.

They locked it up and panic struck. They were about 40 feet from the squad cars. The P/A speakers blared out suddenly, "This is the State Police. Stop the car, throw the fob out the window and come out with your hands out. Immediately!" This lasted about five seconds and the doors sprung open and the two guys in front jumped out with Uzi's and started spraying. Santos opened his door and jumped out with a Glock and started firing. Fortunately for him, Wildness didn't have a gun. Wimp.