Jane in New York Pt. 12-13

Story Info
Jane finds out Veronica is coming to Sunshine.
12.6k words
4.69
6k
15

Part 11 of the 12 part series

Updated 06/14/2023
Created 01/22/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 12

"Camilla!" Jane yelled, rushing towards her roommate's door.

The blonde Latina came out with the most innocent look on her face. "Yes?"

"What the fuck is wrong with you!?"

Camilla placed a finger under her chin and looked at her roommate with her beautiful eyes. "You're going to have to be more specific."

"Quit fucking around!" Jane yelled as she turned and pointed at the application, still on the floor. "Why did you do this?"

"Do what?" Camilla asked, shrugging her shoulders with a smirk on her face. "Why did I make such a great hire after you made me your Hiring Coordinator?"

"Quit playing innocent! Why did you have to hire her, after everything I told you?!"

"Because, Jane..." the blonde started, placing her hands on her hips. "You need her. She was a big key to your success when you were an intern and now she can help you with being the Branch Director."

"But after all that stuff I told you about her... what made you think it was a good idea to bring her back in my life?"

"Oh, when was she ever OUT of your life?" Camilla asked, rolling her eyes. "You talk about her all the time.

Suddenly becoming defensive, Jane gritted her teeth and argued, "I do not!"

"Oh, please! You talked about her so much, I was starting to miss her."

The Asian supervisor stared at the Latina, unamused with the response.

After a moment, Camilla finally broke the silence. "Veronica thought that was a lot funnier than you did."

Jane shook her head in disbelief. "You mean, you actually went to see her?! Is that where you've been this entire time?!"

"Of course, I met her," Camilla responded with a smirk. "I wouldn't hire someone without meeting them first. How irresponsible do you think I am?"

Jane only became angrier. "I think you're totally irresponsible! How could you do that without running it by me first?"

"Oh, I'm sorry," the blonde responded as she put her hand over her heart. "I thought you put me in charge of hiring a staff because you didn't want to do it. Now, you suddenly have a problem with the choices I make?"

"I never expected you to make such an awful decision..."

"Awful decision? Stop lying to yourself, Jane. You need her. And besides, I'd like to work with her too. I think it'll be quite fun to work with my sister."

Feeling a mix of anger and confusion, Jane stared at her roommate. "Your sister? What the hell are you talking about?"

"Well, she's not my actual sister. More like my... Eskimo Sister..."

The young Asian woman clutched her fists as she stood in disbelief at Camilla's joke. "Is this just a fucking joke to you?!"

Finally, the prideful Latina let her emotions slip out. Getting teary eyed, she shot back, "You think this is so easy for me, don't you? Well, it isn't!"

Jane's face went from angry to surprised. It was such a rare occurrence to see her roommate get so emotional.

"I'm trying to make the best of this, but it isn't easy for me!" Camilla shouted as a tear went down her cheek.

The new Branch Director quickly tried to change her tune and calm her employee down. "I know you've been dealing with a lot, with me getting the position and all but I..."

"That's not what this is about!" the Latina interrupted. "Yeah, that sucked too, but this started way before you got the promotion!"

Jane was left with her mouth wide open, confused by her roommate's words. "What is it about then?"

Gathering all her strength to keep herself from crying, Camilla quietly answered, "You're still in love with her... That's why I recruited her."

Jane felt a storm raining over her heart as she watched her beautiful roommate try to keep it together. "Camilla... I'm not... in love with her..."

The Latina just shook her head and laughed in disbelief. "You're in denial."

"I'm not in denial!" Jane argued, stomping her feet. "Besides... I thought... we had something..."

Camilla sniffed and wiped her tears before gathering herself once again. Standing strong in front of the woman she cared so much for, she responded, "How could we have something when you're still in love with her?"

Though Jane wasn't ready to admit Camilla was right, she still felt guilt pouring over her heart. "I didn't know you felt this way... I thought you were just upset that I got the job."

"I've felt this way for a long time," Camilla responded, no longer able to make eye contact. "The day you got the job was just the day I finally accepted it."

The Asian woman looked down at the floor, unable to make eye contact with the hurt woman.

********************************

There was a smile on Veronica's face as she entered the office after taking a few days off to think things over.

"You look pretty chipper," Ashley said, greeting her best friend back into the workplace. "Did you enjoy your time off?"

"I did," Veronica answered, looking relieved. "But I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss my girls!"

Ashley almost blushed. "We missed you too but we understand you have a very important decision to make."

With a deep breath, Veronica decided it was time to tell her best friend. "I've actually come to a decision."

Giving her full attention, Ashley stood up and grabbed both of Veronica's hands. "What is your decision?"

"I accepted the job..."

A big smile came over the brown-haired Latina's face before she screamed with excitement. She then hugged Veronica, showing the true happiness she had for her.

"I'm really going to miss you, Ashley..."

"Aww, I'm going to miss you too! But it's going to be great! You're going to work for a badass company and most importantly, you're going to get Jane back!"

"Ashley..." Veronica said, staring into her best friend's eyes. "There aren't enough words in the dictionary to describe how grateful I am to you. You've done so much for me and... I just can't thank you enough!"

"That's okay," Ashley responded, wiping a tear from Veronica's cheek. "You've done a lot for me, too. But no matter what, I'll always be here for you."

Veronica started to laugh as she tried to keep herself from crying. She realized how silly she looked, getting so teary-eyed in the office. "It's kind of funny... I wish we hadn't wasted so much time butting heads."

"Let's hang out as much as we can before you leave," Ashley suggested with a big smile.

"Of course! I was just about to suggest that!"

"And we will always keep in touch."

Veronica nodded her head and gave a pleasant smile. "I'd really like that."

After both women shared a somber moment, smiling and reminiscing, Ashley broke the silence by asking, "So, are you sure you can win Jane back?"

With a deep breath, the black-haired Latina answered, "I don't know..."

A worried look came over her best friend's face as she continued on. "I asked Camilla if she thought Jane would stop being mad at me. She said with time, she thinks it's possible."

"And you trust her?"

"I think I do..." Veronica answered, staring off into space. "There was something about her... I don't know how to explain it."

Ashley just stood there, smiling at her best friend. Though there were still a lot of uncertainties, she knew if anyone could do it; it was Veronica.

The black-haired Latina started chuckling to herself, lighting the mood back up. "Make sure you take care of Vicky. She's a really good girl."

Ashley felt her heart warming up as she thought about a cute little waitress. "Yeah... she's great, isn't she?"

"Yeah, she's a little hottie," Veronica responded, causing her best friend to blush. "And she's super smart!"

"You know, the more I learn about her, the more I really like her," Ashley responded.

"Well, it sounds like you should learn more about her." Veronica suggested. "I knew a girl like that once and now I'm moving across the country, hoping to win her back."

Ashley giggled with her best friend. "I think I'll take your advice. I really look up to you."

"You really mean that?"

"I do... There was a time where I was really jealous of you," Ashley admitted. "But once I stopped being so prideful, I was able to appreciate and enjoy the amazing person you truly are."

"Aw, stop it!" Veronica said with a blush. "You've grown so much, yourself! You're the one that everyone should be looking up to."

"Don't stroke my ego too much," Ashley said, as she brushed her hair off her shoulder.

Veronica laughed before a question popped into her mind. Before she could really think it through, she asked, "So, has Maria spoken to you?"

"Uh, no. Spoken to me about what?"

Veronica's eyes got big as she took a moment to gather herself. "Oh, nothing!"

"Ummm... what is it?"

"It's nothing..."

"It's obviously something."

Veronica took a deep breath while staring into her best friend's eyes. "You're not going to find out from me. You'll just have to wait till Maria tells you."

*******************************

With everything going on in the lives of Maria, Veronica, and Ashley; Carmen and Monica became well acquainted. They went to lunch together one afternoon, which had become a common occurrence for them.

It made Monica happy to see Carmen's progression. The newest employee had become such a happy-go-lucky young woman. But on this unfortunate day, she noticed the assistant began to look like her old timid self.

"Is everything okay?"

Carmen looked over at the sweet Latina from across the table. "Oh, yeah... I'm fine."

"There's something on your mind, isn't there?"

"It's just... nothing... Everything is fine."

Monica scooted her seat closer to the cute assistant. Placing a hand on the young woman's shoulder, she comforted her and said, "It's okay, Carmen. You can tell me."

With a deep breath, the young woman let it all out. "It's just... I know I should be happy Maria is getting a big promotion, but I just can't help feeling sad that she's leaving..."

"I know it sounds selfish," she continued. "But she means everything to me! She has helped me so much and I wouldn't be where I am without her."

Carmen took a moment to gather herself, trying her best not to cry in public. As a tear rolled down her cheek, her fragile voice let out, "I don't want her to leave me..."

Monica scooted even closer and wrapped her arm around the hurting woman. As she rubbed Carmen's back, she asked, "Have you told Maria any of this?"

"No, I haven't," the young assistant responded, sounding even more flustered. "I wouldn't want to hold her back. I should just be happy about her getting the job. There's no need for me to bring my own selfish needs into the equation."

With a soothing voice, Monica responded, "I think that might be a mistake."

Carmen's eyes got big as she looked at her sweet coworker. "You really think I should tell her? What if I just make things more complicated for her?"

The short Latina took a deep breath as she thought back to a similar situation she encountered in the past. "I'm not telling you what to do. However, I remember a time not too long ago when two of my best friends went through a similar situation."

Carmen's tears quickly ceased, and she was at full attention.

Monica continued, "They really cared about each other, but they never revealed how they felt. Now, one of them is on the other side of the country, and the other is moving over there, hoping to win her back."

Suddenly, Carmen was left quiet, realizing how much the story resonated.

"I've always wondered..." Monica started, as she let out her own feelings. "Maybe things could have been different if they stopped trying to do the right thing and just told each other how they felt. Maybe they could have avoided this whole mess."

After several seconds of silent reflection, Carmen looked into her friend's eyes. "That makes a lot of sense..."

"Sometimes, being selfish is the right course of action, because the other person might want to know your needs."

Carmen began to feel much better after the conversation with her sweet friend. However, she was left with one last thing on her mind. After finishing their food, she looked over at the Latina. "Monica...."

Looking into the young woman's soft eyes, Monica responded, "Yes, Carmen?"

"The two friends who went through a similar situation..." Carmen started, twiddling her fingers. "Were you talking about Veronica and Jane?"

Monica's jaw dropped in disbelief. After gathering herself, she answered, "No, Carmen. I was talking about two of my other friends who moved to New York."

"Oh..." Carmen reacted, feeling dumb. "That kind of sounded like Jane and Veronica."

Monica quickly rolled her eyes and groaned out, "I was being sarcastic! It's obviously them!"

The young assistant almost wanted to smack herself on the forehead. "Oh, right! Sorry!"

*******************************

As the ladies came back from lunch, there was a new look of determination on Carmen's face. She made a beeline towards her supervisor's office and let herself in.

"Carmen?" Maria gasped. She was completely caught off guard because it was unlike the young assistant to walk in unannounced.

She noticed the look on her cute employees face and asked, "Is everything okay?"

Without a response, Carmen walked around Maria's desk and straddled her lap. She then took her supervisor's lips with her own and kissed her like they would never see each other again.

Maria's breath was taken as she moaned into the mouth of her hot, little employee. Eventually, after getting over the shock, she allowed herself to submit to the moment by kissing her assistant with just as much passion.

After a long and hot make-out session, Carmen finally looked relieved. She took a deep breath and smiled at Maria.

When Maria returned from Cloud Nine, she shook her head to make sure she wasn't dreaming. "Carmen! What was that about?"

The young assistant held back tears as she looked into her supervisor's beautiful brown eyes. "I don't want you to leave me!"

Maria could feel her heart melting inside her chest. Obviously, she knew Carmen didn't want her to leave, but to hear her say it was exactly what she needed.

"I'm sorry if this makes things complicated," Carmen continued. "I always want the best for you, but I just had to tell you how I felt!"

Without thinking about it, Maria put her hands up her cute assistant's skirt and rested her hands on her ass. "I don't want to leave you either."

Carmen felt at home, having her ass rubbed while she straddled her hot boss. She wanted Maria to have the job she deserved. However, she knew she could never feel this way with anyone else.

"I have an important phone call," the supervisor said, patting the employee on the butt.

Carmen quickly climbed off and apologized. "Oh, sorry!"

"I just have a lot of stuff I need to work on," Maria further explained. "But let's talk about this after work."

A big smile came over the young assistant's face. "Okay!" she responded, before walking out of the office.

As Carmen walked back to her desk, she shot a quick smile over to Monica. Though nothing had changed and her worries hadn't been solved, she had a sense of peace knowing she put everything on the table.

There was nothing left to hide. It was all in Maria's court. Now, Carmen could feel at ease, knowing it was in the hands of the smartest woman she knew.

When the shift came to an end and all the other women had left, Carmen hung around, waiting for an opportunity to talk to Maria.

Minutes went by and she waited for a sign to enter her office. Eventually, she couldn't wait any longer, so she poked her head in the door.

The Latina boss was still on the phone with someone, but she waved Carmen in as soon as she noticed her. The young assistant sat quietly as Maria finished the call.

"Thank you very much, and I will talk to you later," Maria said, before hanging up.

"Is everything okay?" Carmen asked, finally finding an opportunity to speak.

"I think so," the supervisor answered. "But can you do me a favor?"

"Anything!"

"I want you to straddle my lap like you did earlier today," Maria requested with a cheeky smile. "I really liked that."

Carmen knew a serious conversation was about to ensue, but she couldn't stop herself from giggling as she approached her boss. Her heart raced as she climbed onto her supervisor's lap.

"I'm going to be completely honest with you," Maria said, rubbing the cute assistant's bottom. "I've already accepted the job and I'm moving to corporate."

Carmen wrapped her arms around her supervisor's shoulders and gave her a tight hug. "I'm really happy for you," she replied with a genuine heart. "You deserve it."

Holding the younger woman close, Maria took a deep breath and said, "I want you to come with me."

The little assistant's eyes popped wide open. Slowly, she released the embrace and looked her supervisor in the face. "What did you say?"

"I said I want you to come with me."

The young woman's body started to tremble. "What... do you mean... come with you?"

"I need you to be my secretary when I go to corporate," Maria answered with a confident smile.

Carmen's heart jumped up and down, and she felt butterflies in her stomach. "How would I do that? Do you think Jennifer would accept me if I applied?"

"The job is yours, if you want it," Maria explained.

Suddenly, Carmen couldn't contain her excitement any longer. She smiled from cheek to cheek, and her eyes sparkled. "How is that possible?! Me... work at corporate?!"

Maria nodded her head. "I told Jennifer I wouldn't come without you. They thought it was a little strange but I held firm on my demands."

Noticing tears forming in the young woman's innocent eyes, Maria asked, "So, will you please come with me?"

Unable to contain herself any longer, Carmen hugged her amazing supervisor tightly. "Yes! Of course, I will!"

They shared a powerful embrace as Maria tried to comfort her emotional employee. When the young woman was finally done crying, the sweet supervisor encouraged her to smile. "Show me those pretty dimples. We're going to corporate!"

Once the young assistant was able to calm down, she started to realize the significance of the move. "Oh, my God! I have so much to do!"

"So do I," Maria said with a laugh. "But we will get through this together."

Suddenly, a daunting task came over the young woman's mind. "I need to find a place to stay!"

Maria then interrupted her sweet assistant's train of thought. "So, I've been thinking..."

"Yeah?"

"This might be a little forward..." Maria prompted, as her face became red. "But maybe you could try living with me when we get there."

Carmen's mouth dropped as she stared into her supervisor's eyes.

"It just makes sense, financially," the supervisor continued, no longer able to make eye contact. "If you decide you don't like it, you can just move out."

Carmen released Maria's hands and squeezed her in a tight embrace. "I love that idea!" she squealed, digging her head into the Latina's shoulder.

Maria quietly sighed in relief as she held on to the smaller woman. "Oh great! I was a little nervous about asking you."

Carmen grabbed the sexy supervisor's face and began making out with her again. The two kissed relentlessly, celebrating the milestone in their relationship and their careers.

Maria rubbed the young woman's ass even harder as she stuck her tongue into her mouth. Without realizing it, their bodies started to grind against each other.

Carmen let go of Maria's lips and subtly placed her head against Maria's. "I would love to live with you," she whispered, still sounding emotional.

The supervisor smiled. "Yeah?"

Carmen returned the smile and then bit her lip. "Yeah!"

"I'm glad you're excited to be my roommate," Maria said, playfully poking the cute woman on the nose. "You're my sexy roommate!"