Jarhead on the Loose: Temp Duty 04

Story Info
The Marine comes calling.
10k words
4.81
3.6k
00
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This place reminded me of west Texas, and I hated west Texas. It had the same heat, dust, and occasional howling wind. However, west Texas never got this humid and Texas, even its ass-end, had much better highway maintenance than did this place. I cursed and steered left, choosing the lesser of two potholes. My M1025 jolted over the hole and my team laughed as they bounced around inside. I really shouldn't have been driving since I was technically in charge and being behind the wheel was a distraction, preventing me from thinking of other things like threats and how I didn't need this shit since we were all Short. It was just that I didn't trust the other three to do a better job. So, here we were, moving down a shitty road, in a shitty country, making the best of a shitty situation.

What I didn't understand was how we came to be alone. Our vehicle was the only one on the road. I remember we had begun as part of a convoy, but it had vanished. I wasn't even sure when or how that had happened. Regardless, we had to get to our destination, so I drove on.

The road was very bad, but I preferred that to being freshly repaired. You would think repairs would be a good thing but, in reality, an IED was probably at the bottom of a solitary patch and an IED could seriously ruin your day. I was also happy there weren't any large garbage heaps in sight. They, too, spelled trouble. Normally I could depend on my right seater to scan for suspicious things like that but, no, Hernandez was turned around, facing aft, yakking with Jackson and Collins about their plans when we pulled out to go home next month.

Fuck. A flat dark spot up ahead. Were we under observation?

"Hey, guys, how about doing your jobs? A little security awareness?" I called out.

They ignored me. I steered far around the patch. I saw two more ahead, dark against the weathered gray. Shit.

"Hey, fuck-heads, I got a bad feeling about this! Jackson, get on the gun."

"Oooo, Han Solo getting bossy," Collins laughed, but they otherwise did nothing helpful and the M-240 attached to the roof gun-ring went unmanned.

I couldn't go over either of the black repairs. If I threaded them, I took the risk getting caught between two blasts. Fuck that, bad idea.

"Going off hard-top," I called so they could brace for the rough ride. They were suddenly silent, all looking at me.

"We trust you, Stan," Jackson said, patting my body armor encased shoulder.

"Yeah, Corporal Kernig, you got this," Hernandez added.

"Safer in your hands than God's," finished Collins.

What the fuck is wrong with these guys?

The heavy vehicle lurched as I went off-road to the right. Fuck, a pile of trash. Where did that come from? I steered further right and grit my teeth. We all jostled over the rough ground.

Suddenly, I saw the classic IED directly in our path: an artillery round with a set of wires running away from the fuse recess. I knew it had been packed with explosives and the wires attached to a blasting cap on my side and a bad guy holding a detonator somewhere on the far side. We were still out of its blast radius. I yanked the wheel. No response.

I yanked the other way. Still nothing.

I hit the brake. It went to the floorboard without resistance.

WHAT THE FUCK!?

"X-ray, x-ray, x-ray!" I shouted, giving the command for emergency exit. When you heard that, you un-assed wherever you were. In a building, get out. In a vehicle, dive out even if it is moving.

My guys just sat there, fat dumb and happy, smiling.

We had closed to a few meters from the IED. I killed the engine but we kept rolling.

We were on it. I put my arms up and screamed, knowing we were all about to die.

Then I woke up.

My throat hurt, raw from the scream. That had been real. I looked around, I was in a dark room, bathed in clammy sweat and my heart hammering in my chest. I was safe. It was just The Dream again. I was... memories flooded into me... on temporary duty. An Air Force base. A new radio. A day of hot sex with a hotter woman. I realized it had been fortunate she had gone home.

I ached for a cigarette, but I'd quit after getting back to the States. If the bad guys couldn't kill me, I was damned if I would do the job for them. I drew a shuddering breath, really missing the beer I failed to buy earlier that day.

The squawk box hummed and a woman's voice sounded. "Hey, 328, you okay up there?" She knew my name, but I guess she was making a point by not using it.

I stepped over to the intercom.

"Hey, Martine. Yeah, I'm fine. Just a little..." I let the sentence die and released the button. This wasn't something I talked about with my buddies much less a near stranger.

I pressed the button. "How did you know it was me?"

"You got a neighbor a couple of doors down. He called it in." I glanced at my watch. 0430 on Saturday morning. I had reported aboard the base about twelve hours earlier.

Probably some kid staying up all night on his game console since he can sleep in, I thought.

"You sure you're okay?" she asked with perhaps a trace of real concern showing.

"I'm good. Thanks for checking on me."

"Just doing my job, Sergeant. Goodnight." She clicked off.

She was CQ, Charge of Quarters for the night. I had spent the day banging her friend and housemate whom I had met when I was assigned my room. Martine wasn't happy about that, but at least she was professional about things even if she was holding a grudge.

328 and sergeant. I chuckled. What's she gonna call me when I get to her house?

Madeline, the girl, had invited me over. She didn't give a reason, just come on over. She had toyed with my phone the previous night, I presumed to plug in her address.

I checked my phone. She had created a new contact, complete with phone number, address, and selfie. She had put it under "!Hottie Maddie".

The phone chimed and a text window appeared. Speak of the devil.

>>Chrissie said you didn't sleep well. R u ok?<<

My thumbs flew.

<<Almost had a wet dream>>

>>Almost? What hapened?<<

<<Almost. Woke up horny n stiff>>

>>[smiley face with lolling tongue emoji]Poor baby. WDYD?<<

<<What did I do?? You weren't here so I finished myself off>>

>>Was it me in ur dream?<<

<<Cum to think of it, it was a sexy AF bitch>>

>>THAT'S ME! [big smile face emoji] Wut were we diong?<<

<<She was licking my balls and putting her finger up my ass>>

>>[shocked face emoji] U like that? The butt thing?<<

I laughed. She had so much to learn.

<<Fuck yeah don't u?>>

She took longer to respond.

>>IDK Never tried [sad face emoji]<<

<<Now I know what we can do today>>

>>TSOP IT ur so bad<<

<<Mmmmm getting hard thinking bout it>>

>>C is watching, can't play right now. Dont forget lunch<<

<<Wrote it on my jerkoff hand>>

>>[smiley face with lolling tongue emoji] TTYL<<

Then, on the heels of the previous text: >>Dont jerk save it for me<<

I draped the sheet over my cock made stiff by the promise of sex to use it as a tent center pole, snapped the shot and sent it to her.

>>ME WANTS!!!<< came back after a few minutes during which I was making my rack.

A few seconds later came a photo of her bare bottom in three-quarter profile, two half-moons of sweetness. She was either bare or wearing a thong, I couldn't tell and it didn't matter.

<<Tell C to stop sending me selfies on ur phone>> I grinned at the teasing.

>>[Angry face emoji] thats not C!!!!<<

<<Like I would know?>> I sent back, laughing.

There was nothing after that, so I guessed she had moved on to more immediate things. I needed to do the same. I smelled like stale pussy and even though I wouldn't mind wearing that scent all day, the public at large takes exception to that odor in polite company.

During my shower I honored Madeline's request and skipped my morning jerk. I toweled off and went to my meager wardrobe to find something comfortable but upscale enough to show I had put some effort into dressing for our time together.

No luck. She had ruined my only "good" shirt, a price worth paying, I would have to buy something new. I consulted my map of the base as my body dried. Where was it, where was it. Despite every service using a different set of initials, everybody knew what you meant when you asked for the PX. Just after putting my finger on the spot, my phone buzzed with the arrival of a new photo.

It was again a photo of a woman's bottom in a pair of pink boy-shorts, but very different from Maddie's. Nobody would ever call Maddie skinny, but she was nowhere near fat either. Some would say 'healthy' or 'well fed' or just plain 'built like a brick shit house' but the girl's ass I was looking at was none of those. Maddie's was full, perfectly matching her well-developed chest. This new bottom was perky and did not have an ounce of spare fat. It was deliciously curved with that upper slope which took an abrupt turn to meet the upper thighs. If I didn't know better, I would have said Ariana Grande had just selfied me her butt.

The caption read: >>now you know<<

Interesting. I looked again. That was one cute-ass ass. I shook myself. I had to get moving, no time to play Scooby-Do and solve mysteries.

I went back to the little shoppette and ate breakfast. I had some time to kill before the main store opened so I went back to the gym and checked out the facilities, lay-out, and went over the rules. Some gym-rats were already making noise with the equipment, and I watched for a few minutes before leaving. I next did the responsible thing and found the building that housed the unit which would loan me the gear I was supposed to evaluate. I found a shitload of gear staged around the building. It looked like someone was getting ready to go somewhere.

I parked and walked slowly up to two Air Force guys dressed in old-school camouflage with big red and yellow reflective vests draped over their torsos, thus completely defeating the purpose of the cammo. They eyed me, curiosity writ upon their faces. I stopped well out of arm's reach. I asked a few questions and got answers. I thanked them and walked back to my truck doing my best not to shake my head. Someone needed to attend an OpSec refresher briefing. At least I knew when I should show up on Monday. That question having been satisfied, it was time to spend a little money.

Okay, I had to admit the BX, not the PX, was much nicer than anything similar I had been in at other places. I had to remind myself I was travelling light and didn't need that fishing rod, those noise cancelling headphones, the big ass high def TV, or the smoker which cost two month's pay.I lingered at the lady's intimate wear section but decided not to risk guessing Maddie's size and getting it wrong. Too small and you look like an idiot. Too big and you really are an idiot. If I wanted to buy her something I should first do the sensible thing: peek in her underwear drawer.

I went through the various departments making my selections. On my way to the cash wrap, I snapped my fingers as a thought hit me, and made yet another stop. The attractive Hispanic woman in her thirties who rang up purchases smirked when she got to the last item.

"Is this enough for the weekend, Sergeant?" She asked. I had to present my CAC card before being to prove I was an authorized customer, so she knew my basic info: branch of service, name, and rank.

I shrugged and gave her my best disarming smile, "Enough for today, absolutely."

She bagged everything. She made a point of putting the smirk inducing item in a smaller bag before putting it with the others. She handed me the plastic sack but resisted when I tried to take it.

"If, by chance, you have some left," she said, her fingers pressing mine, "I'm only working a half shift tomorrow."

I glanced at her employee name tag. "Okay, Victoria," I replied, still smiling, "I'll keep you in mind. No promises, though."

"Oh, sure I understand," she smiled back. "You know where to find me."

I gave her a blatant once-over and she stepped away from the counter to put herself on best display. Not bad, not bad at all. She shifted pose, putting one leg forward. A glint of gold at the ankle caught my eye.

"I sure do, Victoria," taking my bag. "Oh, hey, where can I buy a case of beer around here?"

I followed her directions to what the locals called a Class VI store. I bought two cases of beer as well as something I thought Madeline would like. I know she was only 19, but I had yet to meet anyone in uniform who hadn't found a way to skirt the rules of under-aged drinking. I was only upholding that traditional as well as that of mixing alcohol with sex.

The beer went into my truck bed toolbox and the small stuff up front with me. I pulled up the profile Maddie had created in my phone and hit "go to". The directions were to an address close to the gate in a place called Vandenberg Village. I vaguely remember driving past it but was too busy looking for the main gate to pay it any attention. This time I did.

It was clearly a bed-room community. Only essential businesses were established. A couple gas station, quickie marts, an honest to God A&P grocery store, possibly the last one open in the US, and the familiar blue and white building of a Four Fellas burger franchise. Most of the construction was 70s, then some 80s, but nothing newer. A lot of renovation had been done. As I drove, I noticed the older places didn't have garages but relied on curbside parking and that was pretty full I drove slowly, counting off house numbers. Then I saw a bright yellow Japanese motorcycle parked on a sidewalk leading to a house up the street. The curb in front was occupied by a little Chevy Malibu. Luckily, I saw an open spot two houses farther down and took it.

After collecting my bags of purchases, I went back to the house with the motorcycle. I stooped to examine it. The markings declared it to be a Suzuki GSX-250R which meant nothing to me except I knew that was a smaller engine. I could see it was not new but well cared for. I stood up and imagined her, in her yellow striped leathers, riding it. I tried some other images of her on the bike, but without the leathers. I strode for the door.

It was dark, constructed of dark wood which contrasted with the tan of the rest of the house. I didn't see a doorbell, so I rapped my knuckles in a rapid one-two, one-two-three pattern of familiarity. I waited.

After a minute had passed, I bashed the door a more forcibly without the friendly rhythm. I considered doing what I do when I want a Marine to answer his barracks door -- kick the bottom of the door hard enough to make it shake in the jamb. Before I had to resort to that, the security fish eye darkened. I smiled and waved. It lightened and the knob turned.

Instead of Maddie's wide eyed face framed by her dark hair, I found myself looking at Chrissie's heart shaped face peering at me through the only partially opened door. Her fingers looped around the door's edge, as if ready to wrestle me for possession.

"She's not ready," she told me.

"That's okay," I said, still smiling, "I can wait."

She just looked up at me. She made no motion to invite me inside. She looked back when came Maddie's voice, somewhat muffled as if from a distance. "Where'd he park?"

Chrissie regarded me. "Where did you park?"

"I got lucky. Right down there," I said pointing down the street.

"Yeah, he fucked it up," she yelled into the house.

"Can you move him?" Maddie's muffled voice asked.

Chrissie rolled her eyes, then tilted her head and squinted at me.

"Sure thing, Mads," she called. Then she stepped through to join me, shutting the door behind her. She was wearing a snug thread-bare t-shirt on which "Dirtbags" was emblazoned in faded brown letters. Her lower half wore newer red shorts, mildly looser than the shirt. Her legs were bare and the sunlight made them glint as it caught the fine hair thereupon.

"She didn't tell you," she said, brushing past me barefooted, "but parking is restricted. Only residents with passes can park on the street."

She stopped and turned around when she realized I hadn't moved.

I held up my bags. "Can we stash these?"

"Oh, for --" she folded her arms over her chest and I was instantly struck by the fact she was not wearing a bra. "Just put them inside."

After I had done so she was off again.

"Come on," she said over her shoulder. "I'll show you the visitor's spots. You'll get towed if you stay here."

As with Maddie, I beeped the doors unlocked once we were at the truck. As with Maddie, I watched the material stretch across her ass when she climbed in the cab. I smiled and joined her.

Her directions were swift and sure, getting me to a large, almost full, lot on a different street. She pointed out a spot at the far edge, beneath the branches of a spreading oak. It looked like a park bordered the parking lot. At least there were some benches and tables amidst the green space.

I opened my door to leave. I looked at Chrissie, expecting her to do the same. Instead, she was sitting, leaning into the corner formed by the seat back and the door with a small smile playing on her lips. I shut my door. This was not the serious attitude I had seen when she was CQ last night.

"Okay, what's up?" I asked.

"I wanted to chat," she replied, "privately."

Where Maddie can't hear us. Interesting.

"About?" was my simple counter, leaving the ball in her court.

"She likes you," Chrissie stated perfunctorily.

"That's mutual," I said.

She said nothing, but looked me over, top to bottom and back.

"I don't see it," she finally said. "You are not 'all that'."

"Maybe," I ventured, "it's something you can't see."

She glanced at my crotch. "Could be," she said. The corners of her mouth lifted a fraction of an inch.

"Chemistry's like that," I offered. "We click."

"Oh, you 'click', alrighty," she said with a small laugh. "Ever since yesterday, that's all she talks about. How good you 'click'." She looked past me, unfocused.

"Soooooo... what are we chatting about?" I prodded.

Her eyes snapped back to focus on me.

"She's my friend," she began, then paused. I could see her preparing her next words. "She's way into you. Too much into you."

"How is that?"

"Except for a one-night hook-up, you're as temporary as temporary can be." Her voice had an edge. "Worse, you don't have one night, you have almost a whole week to sink your hooks into her." She frowned at me. "And then you'll go."

Ah, this was more like the woman I had met last night.

"You want me to stay away from her?" I asked. Then I shook my head. "That won't work for a few reasons and I'm not gonna do it."

"Why not?" she was glaring.

"For Chri - It's not complicated. When two people are mutually attracted they seek each other out. They simply gravitate toward each other. When sex is good, they want to do it again and again and again. When its really good -- and it is -- they want it as much as they can get. Then there's the fact even if I don't come back to here, she knows where I live, and I can't stop her from showing up there."

Her glare dissolved and she looked around. I heard her grumble something under her breath I couldn't catch. She returned her gaze to me, her features rearranged. Not a hint of hostility showed. In fact, the small smile was back.

"That was a mean trick you pulled with the intercom," she said. The smile curved higher.

My danger-sense tingled with this sudden change of direction in the conversation.