Jenny Meets the Neighbors Ch. 03

Story Info
Jenny finds she has a hard time concentrating at work.
8.5k words
4.7
15k
13

Part 3 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 11/28/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
jmmlarose
jmmlarose
40 Followers

**Note: This is part 3 of a multi-part story. I'd recommend reading parts 1 and 2 first. Enjoy!**

The next day, Jenny was having a hard time focusing at work. Every time she would look at her computer screen, her thoughts would flash to the previous night, and then her stomach would get tied in knots. Guilt washed over her. How could she have done what she had done? But then thoughts of what she'd actually done brought butterflies and arousal. That led to shame for being aroused. And finally, all of this bundled into a ball of conflict that sat in her brain taking up so much space she could not focus on anything else.

Luckily, her job wasn't very demanding, and focus wasn't essential to accomplishing most tasks. Jenny worked in the offices of a mid-sized construction company. Officially, she was the payroll manager. She made sure that all the employees got paid. Given that almost everyone was hourly, and no one worked normal hours, the job took more time than one would think. Still, she could mostly do that part of her job on autopilot.

However, as with most competent people, Jenny's tasks often grew to include other things that weren't strictly speaking in her job description. Her company was comprised of about 100 employees. The vast majority of which were workers, supervisors and foremen. There were maybe a dozen office employees, including herself.

It was a family owned business. Mr. MacGarry had taken it over from his father 25 years earlier and grown the business from a small business into a pillar of Greenville's community.

Mrs. MacGarry was the de facto "office manager" for MacGarry Construction, but she was often distracted by other pressing matters, such as making sure that the gardener had properly tended to her flower beds at home. Jenny usually picked up the slack.

Normally, she didn't mind. It gave her something better to do, and she didn't resent the woman. If she were in her late 50's and had Mrs. MacGarry's money, she probably wouldn't even show up to work.

Today, though, she was finding it hard to concentrate on her normal tasks, let alone handling the things she would normally handle for Mrs. MacGarry.

She was staring at her computer monitor, not registering what was on it when a knock on her door pulled her out of her reverie.

"Hey, Jenny. How's it going?" a man asked, not noticing the little start she gave when she heard his knock.

"Oh. Hi, Matt. Good. How are you?"

"Good, good. Listen, have you seen Mrs. MacGarry around this morning?"

"She left about an hour ago to run some errands. Not sure when she'll be back. I can give her a message if you'd like."

Matt looked uncomfortable for a moment, as he shifted his weight onto a different foot. Matt was one of Mr. MacGarry's supervisors. He was the youngest supervisor in the company, which was a testament to his temperament. He was a quiet, level-headed, dependable type of guy. In all the years Jenny had been doing the payroll at the company, she couldn't remember once having to pay out a sick day to Matt. But, prior to his promotions, she did remember paying out considerable overtime, as he routinely covered for colleagues.

In addition to being a nice guy, Matt wasn't bad to look at. He had the build of a young construction worker. That's to say, a man in his late twenties who went to the gym regularly and took care of his body. At first, Jenny had thought that construction must keep the guys in shape, but then she noticed a trend. All the young guys had Matt's build. But all the older guys looked like they had stopped trying at some point. While you could still tell these guys worked hard for a living, they didn't have the physiques to prove it. Or maybe they did, but they were just hidden under beer bellies and love handles.

"Actually, you know what, I think I'll just come back and try again later," Matt said.

"You sure? I don't mind. Maybe I can help you with whatever you need. I fill in for Mrs. MacGarry all the time, anyway," Jenny said, trying to be helpful, and hoping that maybe helping someone would focus her mind a little.

Matt bit his lower lip, and Jenny could almost see the hamster wheel turning in his head.

"Well, it's kind of a personal matter."

The MacGarrys helping employees out in their personal lives was not unheard of. She'd often advanced employees a few paychecks at her bosses' request when the employee was in a tight spot. She had even heard that occasionally, some of the guys would stay in the MacGarry's guest house.

"Since when has that ever stopped anyone around here? Why don't you come in and pull up a chair. You're making me nervous standing in my doorway like that."

Matt took two slow steps into Jenny's small office and pulled out one of the two chairs in front of her desk and sat down.

"So, what's up?" Jenny asked.

He looked no more comfortable even in his seated position. He was shifting as if he were trying to find a comfortable spot on a rock.

"Ummm... so, I need to take some time off," Matt said.

Jenny laughed.

"Matt, you may not know this, because I don't think you've ever taken any, but you're entitled to two weeks paid vacation per year in addition to the holidays."

Matt wrung his hands.

"I might need a bit more than that."

"Okay. How much more?"

"I don't know."

"Ball park? Are we talking three weeks or three months?"

"Probably closer to the months," Matt said, without needing to think about it.

"I see. Is everything okay?"

"Oh. Yeah. I just need to get to the west coast for a little while."

Jenny tried to think back to what she knew about Matt, but couldn't recall anything about him being from out west.

"Okay. Well, um, I guess I can give the message to Mrs. MacGarry, but between you and me, she's going to want to know more about why you need more time off. In fact, if it's personal and you don't want anyone prying, you might want to talk to Mr. MacGarry about this. You know how Mrs. MacGarry can get a little on the... uhh... inquisitive side."

Matt shook his head.

"No, it's fine. I'll just come back later and talk to Mrs. MacGarry myself. Sorry to bother you," he said, standing and pushing his chair back.

Jenny stood as well and leaned over her desk to place a hand on Matt's arm to restrain him. She wasn't sure why she did it. It had been a reflex.

"Matt, wait. If something's wrong, you can talk to me about it. You know that, right?"

Matt looked unsure for a moment, but eventually sank back down into his chair.

Jenny caught herself regretting that she had to break contact with his strong arm, and immediately chastised herself. She really needed to get her mind out of the gutter. What was coming over her?

"Okay. Well. No harm in telling you, I guess. Might be good to get a woman's opinion. Remember how I went to California last Christmas?"

"Sorry. No. Not really," Jenny said, genuinely sad that she was already starting off saying no to him. The company closed down for the two weeks around Christmas and New Year, since no construction projects were moving forward during the holidays. During that time, most of the older guys spent time with their families, and the younger guys usually used it as a kind of adult spring break. They would take off for a week to go somewhere fun.

"Well, I did. A bunch of the guys convinced me that I should get out of Greenville and have some fun. They were headed to San Diego and LA for a week, and they thought I should go. So, I did."

"Sounds like fun," Jenny said just to contribute something to the conversation.

"Yeah. I guess. It was a bunch of guys drinking and partying. I don't think you would have enjoyed yourself very much. Anyway, while I was there, I met a girl."

"Oh. That's sweet, Matt," Jenny said, thinking she understood where this was going.

"Uh. Well, not really. There wasn't much sweet about our meeting."

"Sorry, not following." Apparently, she didn't understand.

Color rose in Matt's cheeks.

"Oh," Jenny said. "Never mind. Forget I said anything. I do understand."

She expected Matt to continue his story, but now he was just looking down at his feet. It was a strange sight to see such a strong specimen of a man look so shy and frightened. It made Jenny want to wrap him in a big hug and then... she chased away the thoughts that came at the end of that sentence.

"Matt," Jenny said to get his attention back. He raised his head and looked her in the eyes. "It's okay. There's nothing to be embarrassed about. Consenting adults have one night stands all the time. Heck, I think I saw one last night. But something must have happened for you to bring this up now. What? 8 months later?"

As the last sentence left her lips, realization crashed over Jenny and she felt like an idiot for saying it out loud.

"You saw a one night stand last night?" Matt said, apparently having caught on to a different part of her spiel.

She wasn't sure if she was relieved that her last words hadn't spooked him, or if she was mortified that she had let slip that tidbit about the one night stand.

"I meant that I saw someone get picked up and I thought it looked like it was going to end up in a one night stand," she said in an attempt to cover.

Matt nodded slowly.

"So, yeah. You're right. It was one night. And I thought that was it. It turns out that couldn't have been further from the truth. I mean, I just feel so stupid. I'm not that guy. I've never been that guy. I've never had a one night stand before. But all the guys were ragging on me, and they were all picking up girls, and I don't know... I guess I just caved to a weird sort of peer pressure. And alcohol. It was so fucking stupid."

"Matt, like I said, there's nothing stupid about it. It happens all the time. You shouldn't beat yourself up about it."

"Yeah, well, maybe other people can get away with it, but the one time I have a one night stand, I somehow manage to get the girl pregnant."

"When did you find out?" Jenny asked.

"She only told me about a week ago. She tracked me down through her friend, who knew one of the other guys, who gave her my contact info. I don't think he knows why she was trying to get in touch with me. And I'd prefer to keep it that way. You know how news spreads around here."

Jenny allowed herself a small laugh. One would think that at a construction company where more than three quarters of the employees were men, there wouldn't be any gossip, but Jenny had found out some time ago, that men were just as bad as women. Then again, the biggest culprit in the company was a woman.

"You know, if you go to Mrs. MacGarry with this... uhh... how do I put this. Well, I don't think it's going to be a secret very long."

Matt sank further into his chair.

"I know. But I don't know what else to do. I figured she would be more understanding. I just can't believe this is happening. I mean, one minute, I'm having drinks at a bar on the beach, and then the next thing you know, I'm back at my hotel with this girl I've never met before, doing things I've never dreamed of before, and then 8 months later, ta-da, I'm going to be a Dad."

Jenny flushed a little at the mention of doing things that he'd never dreamed of, but she tried to regain her composure.

"So, I know this might be an insensitive question, Matt, but, are you sure it's yours?"

Matt cocked his head to the side before answering, considering the question. Jenny wondered if the question had even crossed his mind until just now.

"Umm... well, I guess I don't know for sure. I mean, I thought I used protection, but shit, it was eight months ago, and I was pretty drunk. Maybe I forgot."

"I guess she didn't tell you whether or not she was on the pill?" Jenny asked.

"Well, when we met at the bar, we were just talking about the weather, where we were from, that kind of thing. She told me she was a grad student at one of the colleges down there. She looked like a surfer chick, not a grad student. And I don't know, even if I hadn't been drinking, I guess I still would have thought she was hot."

Jenny hadn't expected this level of detail, but he obviously needed to talk, so she figured the best thing to do was not to say anything and just listen.

"After a while, I guess we were flirting pretty hard, and some of the guys were hitting on her friends. She said something like, 'I hope she's not the only one who gets to have some fun tonight,' and I just went for it. I kissed her right there at the bar. We must have spent like fifteen minutes making out at the bar. That's really not like me, believe me. I've never done anything like that. I usually think it's gross when people do that in public. I'm usually the guy who yells get a room.

"Well, I guess that's what we ended up doing, because after being all over each other, one of us suggested, I don't even remember who, that we go back to my room at the hotel. So, we walked back, and by the time the door clicked shut behind me, the little clothes she was wearing were already off. I mean, it's the beach, right. She had a bikini, shorts and flip flops on.

"After that, everything was just a blur. I don't even know how many times we did it, but the sun was coming up when we finally fell asleep. Like I said, I thought I used protection, but over the course of that many hours, who knows, maybe I just wasn't careful enough, or maybe it was just faulty. That happens, right?"

Jenny had to swallow before answering. She felt hot, and she hoped she didn't look too flushed, but Matt's story, as light on details as it was, had turned her on. She felt that tingling feeling between her legs. She resisted the urge to fan herself. What was happening to her?

"Uhh... yeah... it can happen. Sure... but, what I meant Matt is that even if that did happen, for all you know she could have been with other guys around the same time. I mean, you didn't really know this girl, right? I don't want to throw stones or anything, but in a situation like this, I just think you should be careful."

"You're right. But I don't think she would do that. She seemed like a nice girl. Well... not in the bedroom, but... I mean... sorry... I shouldn't have said that. Shit. Sorry, Jenny. Sometimes when you spend all day working around guys you forget how to talk in front of a lady."

Jenny wanted to tell him that what she actually wanted was more details, not less. That she wanted to hear every moment of the torrid encounter. She wanted to be able to get comfortable and cool down by removing some of her clothing. She wanted to touch herself while he told her about his steamy night.

Instead she said, "Don't worry about it. You get used to it when you work here. Anyway, when Mrs. MacGarry gets back after lunch, I'll talk to her. I'll see what I can do without giving too much away. No promises, but I'll see what I can do."

Matt's face lit up. He had a nice smile. It was the first she had seen of it since he walked in.

"Thanks, Jenny. You have no idea how much this means to me. I could kiss you right now... umm... sorry. That was probably inappropriate."

Jenny tried to laugh lightheartedly, but she wasn't sure the noise that came out was a laugh. Or anything for that matter. Her pussy was on fire, and her brain was melting.

"Don't worry about it. Now, get out of here, you have a shift to supervise."

"Right. Thanks again!" Matt said, and bounced out of the chair and out the door.

Jenny grabbed the phone and dialled a number. After a few rings, she heard, "Hello?" from the other end.

"Hey, Sis. Want to grab lunch? I need to get out of this office."

#

Jenny and her sister, Lisa, met up at a little sandwich shop that was about halfway between where they both worked.

Lisa had originally suggested meeting at Joe's restaurant for lunch, not just because she wanted to support her brother in law, but also, because Joe's restaurant really was one of the best in town. Even if not too many people knew it yet.

As an excuse, Jenny had said she was in the mood for something simpler, and so they went to the sandwich shop. In truth, Jenny just didn't want Joe around while she talked to her sister about what she had on her mind.

"So, what's bothering you, Sis?" Lisa asked.

Jenny sighed. It was no use trying to pretend otherwise with her sister.

Lisa was barely a year younger than Jenny. More than sisters, they were best friends. Despite their close age, and how close they were, no one ever mistook the two for twins. Sisters occasionally, but never twins. Lisa's hair was on the lighter side, bordering on dirty blonde, and she was smaller than Jenny by several inches.

"I saw something last night that I can't get out of my head," Jenny said.

"You mean like a scary movie?" Lisa asked.

Jenny had to laugh.

"No. Not a scary movie at all."

"So, what? I'm not going to sit here and guess for the next thirty minutes."

"Okay. Well, here goes..." Jenny proceeded to tell Lisa about her neighbour, and how she had accidentally spied on her having sex with a man. She stopped short of telling Lisa about what she was doing while she was watching them.

"Ohmigod," Lisa said. "Did you call the police?"

Jenny was taken by surprise. "The police? Why would I call the police?"

"Isn't that indecent exposure or something? That's not right. What if children had been able to see."

"Still, the police?"

"Well, what if they do it again?"

Jenny held herself back from saying that she hoped that they did, instead she said, "I don't know, but I'm not going to call the cops on them. I'm sure they didn't realize that they were giving the whole building a free show."

"Well, if they don't realize it, someone has to let them know."

"You mean, like, knock on their door and say, 'Hey, I'm your neighbour that you've never met, but I saw you fucking last night. You might want to close your blinds.'"

Lisa blushed and looked around to see if anyone had overheard Jenny's statement.

"Jenny. We're in a public place. You can't talk like that! And no, I'm not saying to say THAT, but you have to say something."

Jenny shook her head. Her little sister had been something of a wild child in her teens. She had given their parents a hard time, experimenting with parties and boys, and who knew what else. But, somewhere around halfway through college something had changed with Lisa and she got serious. Very serious. Now, Jenny's younger sister was among the most conservative people she knew. She wasn't surprised by this reaction. Still Lisa was her best friend. She didn't know who else to talk to about this.

"I can't do that, Lis. I wouldn't know what to say, and I think I would die of embarrassment before I could say anything anyway."

"Well, you have to do something. It's obviously bothering you. You're still thinking about it the next day."

"Well, it's not bothering me exactly."

Lisa looked at her sister as if she had grown a second head.

"If it's not bothering you why did you want to have lunch to talk about it?"

"Well, I mean, it's been on my mind, but I didn't say it was bothering me."

Lisa's eyes went wide.

"Jenny! Are you telling me that you got turned on by watching them? That's terrible."

Jenny dropped her eyes, but didn't respond immediately.

Lisa took the opportunity to continue.

"Oh my god, that's exactly what you were thinking wasn't it? You're still thinking about your neighbours doing it, even though you've been at work all morning!"

It was Jenny's turn to look around the little restaurant.

"Could you please keep your voice down! It's not that I've been thinking about my neighbours specifically. It's just that I've had a hard time concentrating. I'm getting distracted by the smallest things. Like this morning, a guy at work came into my office to tell me about this one night stand he had, and it screwed up my brain."

jmmlarose
jmmlarose
40 Followers