Jim Wagner Pt. 01

Story Info
Jim's education continues after graduation.
8.8k words
4.85
9.6k
25

Part 1 of the 4 part series

Updated 09/28/2023
Created 09/07/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Thank you for taking the time to read my little story. It's a little reality and a lot of fiction which I hope you will enjoy. If you are seeking something fast, this is not the story for you. But, if you want to get to know some new folks, please read on!

And, when you are done, please let me know how you liked it by either rating it, leaving me a comment or sending me an email. Or, go really big and do all three!

Again, thank you so much for your time.

*****

I've been working ever since I was just over 14 years old. Like a lot of young guys I started with yard work for whoever would hire me. Within six months I was working for a few regulars and by referral. I needed to earn money. Not for a car, but to pay for college and to get enough to live on when my uncle and aunt moved out of state after I graduated from high school. They had made it clear to me that once I hit 18, I was on my own.

My parents were struck by a drunk driver and died when I was 11 years old. Their will stated that my uncle and aunt would take care of me. They made me feel like a wicked intrusion on their life only providing the most basic things. It was not a loving home for me; I had not received a hug in years from either of them. Their two sons who were older than I was could do no wrong. That was my reality so I tried to make the best of it.

One day at the beginning of my junior year in high school, I received a call from Ken Staples who told me that he had heard about my work from Nat King, one of my regulars, and asked if I'd come over and talk with him. What did I have to lose? I was always looking for more work.

So, Saturday morning found me walking up to Mr. Staples' front door. As I did, I looked around. The lawn needed fertilizing and the sprinkler system needed adjustment. Bushes could look better and there were some roses that needed pruning. There wasn't a lot, but the work needed to be done regularly. The house was a nice single story sitting on what I later found out was a large piece of property. I rang the bell and waited.

In a few moments the door was opened by a smiling man in his late 30's who was slim, a few inches shorter than I was, and appeared to be in good shape.

"Mr.Staples?" He nodded. "I'm Jim Wagner. It's nice to meet you," as I offered my hand to him. His handshake was firm, but I found his hand to be softer than I anticipated.

"It's great to meet you. Nat King just sings your praises," he told me as he looked over my shoulder.

"Where's your car," he asked.

"I don't have one."

"You must be the only 16 year old in this town who doesn't have one. How'd you get here," he asked.

"I walked," I told him. "It's only three miles." He just raised his eyebrows and invited me in. The interior of his home was very pleasant. Clean, comfortable and well kept. Glancing around I noticed little feminine touches here and there and assumed they were from his wife, but he wasn't wearing a ring. We settled at the dining table to talk.

"So, you're working to get money for a car," he asked.

"No," and I very briefly explained I was earning money for college. He nodded and smiled.

"The more I learn about you, the more impressed I am," he told me. "I've checked with several people you've worked for and have been told that your work is of the highest quality and you are always on-time. In addition, you keep silent about anything you see or learn. That's very important to me."

"The quality of my work is important to me and it's nobody's business what I see or hear. Privacy is important," I told him.

"Are you sure you are only 16 years old," he asked with a smile.

"I'm sure. I've been told that I was born old," I told him smiling.

"They're right," he said as he looked into my eyes. It looked like he saw something or someone, but it was so fleeting I couldn't be sure. He then told me that he had a gardener and someone to care for the pool, neither were that great any longer, but they'd been with him for so long he couldn't fire them. I told him I admired loyalty and understood.

He then asked me if I could make his lawn green, get his roses to bloom, and brush his pool - all things I had done for other clients. I told him I was sure I could do those things but it would take up to four weeks. But, no matter what I did each week, I would brush down his pool every Saturday. We agreed on my pay and that I would start the next Saturday morning at 8:00.

I was there early the next Saturday and started by checking out the sprinklers for his lawn and found they needed adjustments. At 9:30 while I was still working on the sprinklers, he came out to greet me and asked what I was doing. He nodded as I told him and then I explained what I was going to do before I left for the day.

I took a break and ate my lunch sitting under a tree after I was finished with the sprinklers. Mr. Staples came out and told me to sit on the patio because it was cooler. I explained to him I was wet and dirty from the sprinklers and the patio furniture was very nice.

"Use the patio, Jim," he told me. "And, my name is Ken," he said with a smile. I moved and he was right, it was much more comfortable. As I sat down on the patio he brought me out a large glass of iced tea and I thanked him. He took a look at my very simple lunch.

"That's your lunch,"he asked and I nodded. What did he care about my lunch, I thought.

"Okay, that just won't do. You need more than a peanut butter sandwich, an apple and some vegetables. I'll supply your lunch from now on," he told me.

"You don't have to do that," I told him. "This is enough for me and it's fine."

"I'm supplying lunch," he repeated. "If you're going to work for me, you'll be fed."

I nodded and thanked him. Nobody else worried about what I ate, and found myself being grateful and impressed that he noticed what I ate.

After lunch, I got the roses pruned, fed and sprayed for disease and then brushed down the pool. Just before I left for the day, I fertilized his lawn. The last thing I did was check with him to let him know I was leaving and what I had accomplished. Also, if it was okay, I'd be by on Wednesday after school to check on the lawn.

"You don't have to do that," he told me.

"I told you that I'd make your lawn green. I'll need to check on it," I explained to him just before I left.

I was there on Wednesday and after looking, I adjusted the watering times for the lawn and sent him a text to let him know what I had done. I also increased the watering time for the roses.

When I returned Saturday morning I saw the lawn was green and there was new growth on the roses. Happy with the results, I trimmed a few small trees and after cleaning the limbs up, I took a break on the patio. Ken came out to join me with a cup of coffee and offered one to me, which I declined. I was happy with my water.

We talked for the next thirty minutes, or so, learning about one another. He asked about my school work and what I hoped to study in college, which I told him. He told me about his work in marketing and that he enjoyed it. It felt like we could talk and trust one another.

"It looks like you are done. My lawn is green and the roses are growing again," he said. "You are done weeks ahead of time."

"I am. I hope you're happy with my work," I told him.

"I'm very pleased but I don't want you to stop working here," he told me. "There's a lot to do around here. Can you come over every Saturday? The trim needs to be painted, the roses pruned on a regular basis and when there's nothing outside, there are things inside you can do, if you will."

"Every Saturday." I asked. I wouldn't have to find new clients and it would be a steady source of income.

"Every Saturday," he confirmed, "and more often during the Summer."

"On one condition," I told him,"that we can sit and talk a little each week, if you have time and your wife doesn't have other plans for you. I instinctively like and trust you, Ken," I told him with a smile.

"Deal," he told me, "And, I'm not married."

"I'll see you next Saturday. But, first I have to brush your pool," I told him with a smile.

That began a wonderful time for me. Steady income, although not a great deal, was very welcome. I was able to study more and moved toward the top of my class. I had time to give to a few organizations around town and wrote for the local paper. And, I got to know Ken better.

Ken always seemed to know what I was doing. I still don't know how he did that, except when I asked him he told me, "I have spies everywhere," with a smile.

My work for him increased to doing just about anything around the house from yard work to house work. He even had me help at several parties he held where I learned how to 'correctly' open champagne bottles and how to make appetizers. I did my best to be invisible at these affairs by staying in the kitchen, but Ken would call me out to talk with him and some of his friends. I was very uncomfortable, but Ken and his friends did get me to smile and relax a bit every time.

When I turned 17, Ken gave me an envelope with a $1,000 which I tried to give back to him explaining my appreciation, but that it was too much. He told me to take it and deposit it in the bank, which I did. I used some of the money to buy a new laptop, which helped me in my schoolwork, and saved the rest.

A little more than a year later my high school graduation was held in early June. My grades were good enough to rank me in the top ten graduates and a counselor helped me get several scholarships including one for full tuition and books to my first choice school - the one my Mom and Dad graduated from! Since they offered on-line courses I would never have to step on campus and could continue to work.

I didn't think anyone would be at graduation for me, but as I walked back to turn in my cap and gown, Ken and his friend Nat, who had helped me with a couple of things over the years, were there to congratulate me which took me by surprise. Why would they be here?

"I had to be here since your uncle and aunt have moved," Ken told me. "Has the house sold yet?"

"It's in escrow. I have to be out in the next 45 days," I told him. I wasn't thinking about that right then. I was just so pleased Ken and Nat were there for me.

Ken stepped up and hugged me tightly whispering, "You are going to do great things." I was nearly overcome. He had never hugged me before and it made me feel appreciated and part of something. My uncle and aunt never touched me or showed me any affection, and here I was getting a real hug from Ken.

Nat shook my hand after Ken released me and wished me the very best. He, too, thought I was destined to do important things. I remember thinking that I hoped I lived up to their expectations of me.

Nat handed me a business card and told me to come see him on Monday morning. I glanced at it and saw he was an attorney. He saw the confusion on my face and smiled.

"There's nothing wrong. Only good news for you, I think," he said.

"Nat what's wrong with you," Ken asked. "You know he doesn't have a car and a bus ride would take hours. Meet him at my place. I will be at work and you will have all of the privacy you could want." Nat and I agreed to meet at Ken's at 10:00 on Monday.

The Saturday after graduation I was back at Ken's at 8:00 working. He came out at about 8:30.

"What are you doing here," he asked me in a surprised tone.

"I'm working, Ken," I told him. "Have I done something wrong? Am I disturbing you?"

"No, no," he assured me. "You just graduated from high school. Shouldn't you be out with friends?"

"I have just graduated and thank you for being there," I told him. "I only have a few close friends and they are either working or off with their families," I explained to him. "Besides, the house is in escrow and I need to earn as much as I can."

"That's right. You need to find a place to stay and get a job for the summer," Ken said and I nodded.

He thought for a moment and smiled.

"Come with me," he said. He literally held my hand and led me to a room at the back of the garage that he used for extra storage.

"I know it's not great," he said as he opened the door, "but do you think you could make this work?"

I looked around at the room and saw it was really a large studio apartment. I walked through it. It was dirty and dusty and the appliances were old. The furniture was worn, but I could use slip covers over it. I'd need to get a few things, check the plumbing and get the electrical looked at. I looked at Ken with tears in my eyes.

"It will work well," I told him. "I need to do a few things like cleaning, painting and checking the systems, but it's great," I told him with a smile. "How much is the rent?"

"Nothing," Ken told me. "You are like family to me and I trust you with anything. This will be yours for as long as you want it."

I don't know what came over me, but I hugged him and said thank you. Then I suddenly backed away when I realized what I was doing.

"Ken, I'm so sorry."

"What are you sorry for?"

"Hugging you. I shouldn't have done that."

"You can hug me anytime you want," he assured me. "I kind of liked it. Not many folks give me hugs." And then we hugged again. "You can begin clearing the apartment out today. Put all of the furniture out by the garage and I will call somebody to get it. I'll get a plumber and electrician out this week to inspect and repair everything. Next week you can begin cleaning and painting. I will get new furniture and in two weeks you can move in. Sound okay?"

"It sounds like a dream to me," I said. "I'll finish the lawn, check the roses and brush the pool then get started on the apartment."

"Great," Ken said, "but you will have lunch on the patio before you start the apartment." I just smiled and nodded.

I finished the work and met Ken on the patio for lunch. He looked troubled.

"What's wrong, Ken," I asked. "Did you change your mind about the apartment?"

"No, not at all," he assured me. "I just forgot I'm having a few special friends over tonight and I need the house checked. A little dusting and vacuuming. You've done it before."

"Don't worry," I told him. "It doesn't take long and I know you want it to look nice. Do you need me to come by tomorrow late morning to do a clean up?" I had cleaned up after his little parties before.

"Can you," he asked. "It just slipped my mind. I've been so busy at work."

"Of course. And, after I clean up tomorrow morning, I will clear out the apartment. That might even work out better."

"Thank you, Jim," he told me with a warm smile.

Ken was helping me clean up the house to get it ready for his friends, which made it go faster. I made sure that the last thing I did was to get out the glassware and dishes they normally used and put everything on the counter - this wasn't the first time I had helped Ken like this. After taking a last look around, I was getting ready to leave when Ken stopped me in the kitchen.

"Jim, it's never been important before," he started, which piqued my curiosity, "but since you are moving in the apartment I should probably tell you I'm gay, in case that makes any difference." I could see he was a little nervous. It's his house, why should he be nervous?

"I like having you around, Jim," he went on, "and don't want you to ever be uncomfortable."

"First, I'm not uncomfortable and second I have known for almost two years," I told him with a smile.

"Well, there's a bit more," he said, "I am a crossdresser; a transwoman who is not full -time."

"I kind of figured that," I told him with a small smile. "I clean all of the glassware and cups after your friends come over. Every glass and cup has lipstick marks on it. I really didn't figure it out until about six months ago."

"Why didn't you say something," he asked but I could see he was relieved.

"I told you when I first started working for you that anything I saw or heard would always be private," I reminded him. "What you do in the privacy of your home is nobody's business and it's not my place to say anything."

He smiled, stepped forward and gave me a tight hug. My third hug in a day! Yeah, I was counting.

"Thank you," he whispered in my ear. That whisper gave me shivers and caused goosebumps. I started to become aroused and stepped back hopefully before he noticed. I knew I had to be blushing under my tan.

"We'll talk about that later," he said with a wicked smile. Yeah, I wasn't fast enough in stepping back.

"I hope you have a great time with your friends tonight," I told him, trying to change the subject. "I'll be back at 10:30 tomorrow morning to clean up." After saying that, I turned and walked away. When I got to the door, I turned and saw he was watching me. I needed him to know I was okay.

"Really, Ken, I hope you have a great time."

"Thank you, Jim," he said smiling.

The next morning at 10:30 I was at Ken's cleaning up from the night before. I had finished loading the dishwasher and was washing the crystal glasses by hand when he entered to say good morning dressed in a short navy blue satin robe. I stopped what I was doing and got him a cup of coffee.

"You know you don't have to do that," he said referring to the coffee.

"I know, but how many times have you brought me something to drink,' I asked him with a smile.

"Have fun last night," I asked.

"We did," he said smiling. "Want to see pictures?"

"Sure, if I wouldn't be invading anyone's privacy."

He took out his phone and showed me about a dozen pictures of some of the most beautiful women I have ever seen. Sure, you could see they were still males - kind of, but they did the best they could to be feminine and the effect was amazing to me.

"Can you guess which one I am," he asked me.

I took just a moment and pointed to a picture of a woman who was looking like every guy's fantasy of a librarian. Black leather pencil skirt with a slit up the back, white blouse, golden brown hair in a tapered pixie cut I think it's called, heels, and of course, the black glasses.

"You're right," he said, slightly amazed. "How could you possibly know?"

"The eyes," I told him simply. Then taking a chance that I wouldn't offend him I added, "Your eyes are beautiful and I have looked at them so many times. And, the hair is a dead give away." I am sure I was blushing as I added the last. Instead of being offended, he just beamed.

"You've looked at my eyes. Have you looked at anything else," he asked in a flirty manner.

"I promised you sometime ago to always be honest with you, are you sure you want to know," I asked. He nodded.

"I've looked at your eyes, face, hands, legs, hips, watched you walk, and I really like your smile."

"I thought you had never looked at me. You're good'" he commented with a smile.

"I try to be discreet."

"You're very successful," Ken observed. "Are you gay?"

I took a deep breath before answering. This would be the first time I ever tried to explain 'what I am.'

"I'm not gay, but not necessarily straight either," I started. "I have found that I am attracted to a person's qualities and don't give much weight to their sex at birth. Does that make sense?"

"In case you want to know, you are a pansexual, I think," he said and I nodded.

"This is getting to be very personal, isn't it." Ken observed.

"It is, but it's okay," I told him, but added, "Ken, you can ask me anything you want. I trust you. You are my family."

"Your family is bigger than you know," he said after a moment, "Have you ever been with a guy," he asked.

"No, most guys are not attractive to me." I looked at Ken and decided to just tell him what I was thinking and if that meant I had to find another place to live, that'd be okay.

"Ken, let me help you a little," I told him. "After seeing you dressed, I will never see you as a guy again. I will only see the woman in you - see a beautiful woman who I think is the person who lives in your heart. If someone ever dressed like that for me, I'd feel like a king and treat them like a queen. Then I laughed softly and told him, "Even if I don't fully know how to do that, but I'd try."