Julia

Story Info
Sometimes things are as they appear.
7.1k words
3.08
22.8k
13
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Julia

For those who believe in Trigger Warnings, consider yourself warned. If you don't understand the reference to having a factory in the Xinjiang province of China (Uighurs), please look up what's going on there.

My thanks to Mormon Jack for reviewing the story and his invaluable comments.

I take my job seriously. The corporate world needs my services and compensates me well for my work. I'm Vice President for Diversity at Rightair, a company that provides industrial ventilation equipment. Our factory is in Xinjiang province of China; I don't have anything to do with it. The corporate headquarters where I'm based has over a hundred employees. I'm proud to say that since I began working here, we've made a lot of progress in diversity, inclusiveness and equity (DIE).

I have a knack for math, and everyone expected me to go into engineering or a STEM field. When I majored in Gender Studies, my parents and friends all said that my career would consist of flipping burgers and serving fries. They were shocked when Rightair hired me, starting at a mid-level five-figure salary. The first thing I did was compose a mission statement declaring our support for the rights of LGBTQ≥X2A diverse employees. The Executive was impressed, and I soon became Rose Juvant, Vice President for Diversity, Inclusiveness and Equity.

The mid-term congressional election campaigns were underway at the time and I was eager to participate, volunteering for a Democratic Socialist candidate. I was teamed up with Martin, a white CIS, experienced activist who taught me the tricks of a successful campaign. I found out later I could have served serious jail time for some of them, but thank goodness we didn't get caught. Our candidate didn't win despite our tactics, but it was a valuable learning experience. It was also the beginning of a serious romance. Martin is intellectually rigorous, very progressive, and keeps me entertained in bed. We got engaged the week before Julia Smith began work at Rightair.

There were fifty mostly white male employees that worked at headquarters when I started. Thanks largely to my efforts we now have an even male/non-male split. We've got black, brown and Hispanic people, and quite a few gays. Since our Xinjiang factory has exclusively Asian staff (I think they're called Uighurs), I haven't bothered bringing any Asians on at headquarters. They're privileged anyways, with steady jobs and all their kids in universities.

The one thing we were missing was trans people. So when HR showed me the job application from Julia Smith nee Julian Smith, it was perfect. She didn't have as much experience as the other two candidates, but she fit our diversity quotient. The others were a Vietnamese woman and an over-qualified white Romanian immigrant. We didn't need Orientals or whites, so I insisted that HR offer the mid-level administrative position to Ms. Julia Smith. They grudgingly yielded to my pressure.

I have to admit to being surprised when she showed up for her first day at work. She wore a mid-thigh blue sundress. It didn't reveal any cleavage, mostly because she didn't have any. The thick carpet of hair on her chest was apparent, as was the thick stubble of whiskers on her neck and cheeks. She was tall and muscular, with broad shoulders and a deep voice. She wore a thin gold necklace and had her long black hair up in a bun. It was like she wasn't even trying to appear feminine. If anything she was the opposite: a handsome hunk. But that's not anybody's concern. No one should be discriminated against because of their appearance, either good or bad. The mission statement I drafted forbids employees from making other staff members uncomfortable.

I introduced Ms. Smith to her immediate supervisor, who would show her the ropes of her new position. Julia looked a little nervous, prompting me to invite her to have lunch with me at a nice café around the corner. She gave a sigh of relief and immediately accepted.

We met at the reception desk at noon. She held the door for me as we walked outside.

"You don't have to do that, you know," I told her.

"Old habits die hard," she shrugged. "Does opening the door for you ruin my credibility as a woman?"

I laughed. "I thought you were opening it for a vice-president of the company you work for."

She grabbed my upper arm and grinned. "That works." She released me and we continued walking. My bicep felt a little tender; Julia had a strong grip.

It was a bright, warm day and I suggested a café about a block and a half from our office. We strolled side by side, Julia asking about the various workmates she had met that morning.

"I trust you feel comfortable with them. We have a very diverse workplace."

"Most of them. There's one, DeShaun something, who seems a little hostile. There's another dark guy who's a little too friendly. I try not to talk to people like them."

"DeShaun Little is a mid-manager like you. He's been with us for about a year and is very good at his job. I'm not sure what you find disturbing, but he's a good person and you're going to work with him a lot. If there's really an issue, come speak to me."

Julia smiled. "Of course." She stopped walking and pointed at a storefront. "Is this a good place?"

I looked up at the sign. 'Sun Beachwear.' I shook my head. "I never noticed it before. Why? Are you ready for a bathing suit?"

"That's offensive, Ms. Juvant. Why shouldn't I be ready for a bathing suit?"

"Well, uh, I assumed that you've only recently started your transition."

She put her fists on her hips. "Looks can be deceiving, Ms. Juvant."

I cringed. It was her first few hours at Rightair, and I had already made her uncomfortable. "Please, call me Rose. Let's be friends. Can I call you Julia?"

"Friends?" She raised her thick eyebrows.

I nodded.

"Friends, Rose. I'm Julia." She leaned over and kissed me on the cheek. The beard stubble was scratchy. "We can check out the shop if we have time after lunch."

I ordered a Greek Salad, and Julia a pastrami sandwich. We chatted about her workmates and the company. I boasted about the success of my mission statement, and she complimented me on the achievement. Julia lit up when I mentioned a gym that was part of the facilities, but then her expression clouded over.

"Do many people use the gym?"

I wasn't a gym rat, but was friends with people who were. "Mostly between six and nine in the morning. Some people come after work and stay as late as seven, but most staff want to get home. It's rare that anyone's there after seven."

"It's open so late?"

"The gym's on the ground floor. Senior staff has a pass card to get in at any time."

"Oh." She shook her head. "I'm not one of those."

"I am. I'm a Vice President, so I have full access."

Her eyes lit up again. "Would you take me in?"

This was puzzling. "Why don't you go during regular hours?"

She spread her arms wide. "Look at me. You can tell I'm a woman because of my dress and my long hair. Think of what I'll look like in spandex gym gear."

I was perplexed. If Julia cared about her appearance, why didn't she shave her stubble or conceal her chest hair? "You're concerned..."

"I changed my name to Julia a long time ago. That was easy. It took a while till I was able to wear a dress out of the house. Would you believe that coming to work at Rightair is the first time I've been out of the house dressing as who I am?"

I tried to think of how to answer without offending. I didn't have to.

"You saved me," she said.

I reached across the table and Julia grasped my hand. "That's what friends are for," I said. Never mind that we didn't know each other when I 'saved her.'

"I owe you so much Rose, for giving me this opportunity." She let go of my hand as a tear dripped from her eye. "How can I pay you back?"

"You don't owe me... really."

Julia looked at her watch. "I know: we have time to stop at that sunwear shop. Let's go in and I'll buy you a bathing suit."

"I don't--"

"A cute two-piece that will show off how gorgeous you are."

"I'm not gorgeous. I'm a little too pudgy; too much flab for a two-piece."

Julia took my hand again. "Then we'll have to spend time in the gym together and I'll get you in shape. I was a Personal Trainer for a couple of years. I'll know just what exercises you need." She motioned to the waiter, took care of the check, and we headed off to buy a swimsuit.

The shop had a small selection of exercise outfits in addition to bathing suits. Julia insisted I get a tight expensive sports bra, and a designer bikini with barely enough cloth to make a handkerchief. I refused the tight shorts, instead going for a loose-fitting pair. She insisted on covering the whole cost herself, but I refused. I was her superior at work, and it could be interpreted the wrong way. I didn't want to make her uncomfortable, so I bought the stuff though it made me uneasy. I spent a lot of money on things I didn't really want.

I stuffed the bag in a cabinet in my office and managed to put Julia out of my mind for the rest of the day. Martin had offered to bring dinner, so I hurried home to spend a pleasant evening with my fiancé. We usually got together two or three times a week. He would often sleep over if there was no work the next day.

Julia was waiting at my office door when I arrived the next morning. I thought yesterday's sundress was awkward, but today's outfit went way beyond that. She had on a short, pleated skirt and a cotton blouse. Her legs were very hairy, very muscled. The outstanding feature was her tits. Not real tits, of course. Falsies; bullet bra pointy falsies.

"I brought my gym outfit. Is tonight good for you?"

"Um..."

"I meant to tell you to bring yours to work with you. Do you have it here?"

I sighed. I could use the exercise, maybe tone up my body. Trainers were expensive, so why not grab the opportunity? "I forgot to bring it home last night. It's in my office."

"Great! What time?"

"Seven. I'll meet you at the main entrance to the building."

Julia was practically hopping from foot to foot when I arrived. It wasn't a big gym but it was modern. I showed her the machines, treadmill, weights, and floor mats. She nodded and smiled appreciatively as she took the tour. There were six cubicles for changing, and his and her showers. We both frowned at the last item. I had missed those showers. Where was a non-binary person supposed to wash? I made a mental note to fix the problem.

"Where am I supposed to shower?" Julia echoed my thoughts.

A person in a pleated skirt and bullet bra would normally shower in the ladies' shower room. 'Normal' wasn't normal anymore. I didn't want her to shower with me, nor did I want to insult her by saying to shower in the men's. The best I could hope for was that Julia and I would shower one after the other. Second best would be that I didn't work up a sweat, and didn't need a shower.

We each took a cubicle and changed into our workout outfits. Julia wore a tight tank top and body-hugging spandex shorts. It was clear that she was well equipped as a man, both at the groin and the muscles on her limbs. I put on my sports bra and loose-fitting shorts.

My hope of not needing a shower was quickly extinguished. Julia started me with stretches; some of them required her to physically adjust my position, touching my shoulders, legs, and arms. She put me on the treadmill to warm up, gradually increasing the speed and angle. My skin was glistening from sweat by the time she let me off. We did weights together, her using two twenty pounds weights, while I used two five-pounders.

She had me lie down on my side and lift one leg at a time. When I could lift no higher she held my foot, slowly raising it while caressing my leg, commenting on my muscles. We repeated it on the other side, then on my back. It was a good workout, and I could feel the endorphins lifting my spirits.

Julia then had me lie on my back, raise both legs as high as possible, then fold them at the knees. She gently pulled my knees apart while pushing my thighs against my chest. Though clothed, I felt exposed.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah," I panted.

"Grab behind your knees and hold them still." She knelt behind my head and gently massaged my temples. It was soothing... very soothing. My eyes closed. She straightened my legs before the massage moved down to my neck, shoulders, arms... She massaged my sides without touching anything inappropriate. I was breathing hard as Julia did my thighs, relaxing a bit as she progressed to my calves and feet.

A kiss on the forehead and she roused me from my torpor. "How do you feel?"

I took her hand as I stood up, then stretched. "That was amazing." I sniffed the air. "I stink."

Julia laughed. "We both stink."

She motioned to me as we approached the shower rooms. "Go ahead." She went into her changing cubicle.

I hung my clothes on a hook in the shower room and turned on the water. A minute later Julia came in; she had undressed in her cubicle. I couldn't raise any objection. I had written the rules which stated she had as much right to be in the ladies' shower as I did. I didn't realize I was staring as her dick rose.

"Don't mind this ugly thing," she said, indicating her penis. "It has a mind of its own."

I stuttered. "It's, it's not um... ugly."

"No?"

"It's quite nice."

Julia looked concerned. "I'm going to have to get rid of it eventually. What about these?" She lifted her dick to display her balls.

I had to bend a bit to see them properly. I didn't want to get too close. "They're also nice."

"Thanks. I'm trying to work up the nerve to cut them off."

I didn't know what to say. Her male equipment was quite impressive, but I couldn't tell her not to remove it. Julia had a bottle of body wash, and I watched her lathering herself. She offered it to me and I did the same.

"Do my back?"

I did her back, being careful not to stray.

"Want me to do yours?"

"Just the back, please." I handed her the body wash.

"Of course."

She kept her hands to my back. Another part of her though kept bumping into my ass.

"Sorry. I told you it has a mind of its own."

"No... no problem."

We had the same problem when she dried my back. Again I brushed off her apologies as unnecessary. Julia was tense, jittery. "I've made you uncomfortable. I try to keep my erection under control, but it's really hard."

I smiled at that.

"It's an inevitable reaction when I see a beautiful woman, and here I am in the shower with a naked, gorgeous woman."

We were facing each other, both totally exposed. "I'm not so beautiful. My stomach sticks out too much, there's some flab on my thighs..."

She frowned. "Turn sideways."

I turned, and she studied my profile. She put her hand on my belly. "Your stomach is barely noticeable." She squeezed a butt cheek. "It's the perfect shape. We just have to firm it up a bit." She bent a little and touched my thighs. "Same with your legs." She pointed to my breasts. "Push them up, then let go." I did. "I'm going to ask my surgeon to give me boobs like yours."

"Turn sideways," I told her. Julia looked surprised but obeyed as I studied her profile. "It's the perfect shape. We just have to soften it up a bit." We both turned red at my joke.

She walked over to her cubicle and got dressed, once more putting on her bullet bra. I got dressed and we headed out.

"I hope I didn't put you through too much."

"Are you talking about the workout or the shower?"

"Uh, both I suppose."

"Honestly, I have never been naked with a person of your um, status. Just give us time to get used to each other." I pointed to her crotch. "Maybe exposure will stop that thing from standing at attention."

Julia wrapped me in a bear hug. I could feel 'that thing' pressing against my belly. I could feel her fake tits pressing into my shoulders. She kissed my cheek and let go. "Tomorrow?"

"No, that's too soon. The day after?"

The gym became a routine for us. Nudity became routine for us. Not for her dick though; it always remained at attention during and after our showers. I barely noticed anymore when it bumped into me. We were just two girls cleaning up after a workout.

Outside of that, we didn't have much to do with each other. I did my job, she did hers. There were some complaints that she wasn't doing her job well, but it was to be expected. There's a lot of prejudice against trans people.

The nation was gearing up for another set of elections. One of Martin's best friends was a candidate in the congressional primaries, on behalf of the Democratic Socialists. Martin had advised me that he wouldn't be able to spend much time socializing over the next few months. He suggested that I come to work on the campaign with him. Between my job and the gym, I was busy enough.

It was a Friday afternoon and I was lonely. Rightair's office was about a hundred miles from where I grew up, where all my friends and family lived. I didn't have any close friends at work; there was an undercurrent of resentment against the changes, the progress I had brought about. One girl whom I used to have coffee with stopped talking to me, holding me responsible for the extra work she had whenever Julia screwed up.

The solution to my loneliness was obvious. I messaged Julia that we should go out for a light supper at five o'clock, and then go together to the gym. She accepted immediately, and we returned to the café we had visited when we first became friends. We also returned to the sunwear shop, and I bought a modest-looking one-piece bathing suit. The saleswoman advised me that it was modest when dry, and transparent when wet. Julia and I grinned at the revelation.

The workout was good. It concluded as usual with Julia checking the developing firmness of my bum, and our giving each other a light hug.

"You seem a little down." Julia knew me well enough to read my moods.

"My fiancé is too busy to spend time with me. I miss him."

"That's no good." She scratched at her beard and looked at her watch.

I had an inspiration. "How about we go to a movie? My treat."

She looked at her watch again. "I'd love to, but my last train is in half an hour. I'm stuck without it."

"Where do you live?" My condo was a ten-minute walk from the office. I didn't conceive of the possibility that someone had a long train commute to the suburbs.

"Spring Valley."

The only thing I knew about Spring Valley was that it's far. "Tell you what. Let's go to the movie, and then you'll stay over at my place. I have a big, comfy couch."

The movie was boring, the popcorn was good and the evening still early when we were done. Julia suggested a nearby bar that had a small dance floor. Nobody asked us to dance, so we danced with each other. When a slow song came on we looked at each other questioningly before coming together. I rested my head on Julia's chest, she rested her hands just above my bum. We must have looked like quite the couple, as we got many stares, scowls, and smiles. We lingered for a couple of hours and then walked towards my place.

"I don't have any pajamas," Julia said as we walked.

"I'll lend you a pair."

"Do you have something that will fit me?"

"Oh!" I looked her up and down. "Maybe a blanket." We both laughed.

"I'm afraid I'm going to have to sleep 'au naturel.'"

"Good thing we've seen each other 'au naturel' a dozen times before."

She took my hand as we walked the rest of the way back. Not a romantic hand-holding but as friends; people with a bond.

We had a snack, I gave her a toothbrush, put sheets and a pillow on the couch and we both got undressed. As always when we were naked, she had an erection. It didn't go away when I put on a nightshirt. I kissed her goodnight, she climbed under the sheets, I closed the lights and went to my bed.

12