Jupiter Rising Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I never met that guy before." said Tracy Stone.

"I'm sure." I said. "He's just trying to throw a story together. I was hoping he'd give you Carmela, or maybe Dana Stirewalt or Rob Lawton. But he acts like he was halfway and hastily brainwashed, and he's confused about things now."

"Well, Commander Troy," said Commissioner Briscoe, "I know I shouldn't be surprised when you do things like this, but this may be your best trick yet."

"Thank you, " I said, "but this one was too easy. Having Detective Stone park her car overnight, go out on a date with Officer O'Neal, for real or fake, and spend the night with him, again for real or fake..."

O'Neal and Stone's faces gave away that they had fucked each other's brains out, but I digress. I continued: "And we had our cameras ready. I don't know who this Terry Toole is, but I will know every detail of his miserable life soon, and maybe even before they get to him and silence him."

"Who are 'they'?" Tracy Stone asked, making air quotes.

"The people that are behind the murder of Professor Stoddard." I said. "And the people that tried to liberate Peter Blassingame from Death Row."

Sheriff Griswold said "Okay, you TCPD whippersnappers need to get back to your own offices and back to work. Commissioner Briscoe, we'll keep working to find who did kill Stoddard, but I'm not holding out hope we can nail the perp to the wall."

"And I appreciate all your help." said Commissioner Briscoe. "Especially you, Commander Troy. I was about to fire Detective Stone, if it hadn't been for you."

"Which would've been a mistake on your part and the Campus Police's loss." I replied...

Part 20 - The Verdict

"This is Bettina Wurtzburg, KXTC Channel Two News!" said the redheaded MILF reporterette from the anchor desk in the KXTC studios on Friday, February 14th. "At long last, the day has finally arrived!"

Bettina began: "The vote to convict and remove deeply unpopular Governor Val Jared is going to be taken at 11:00am today! Political experts agree that the State House Managers have made a strong case to convict, and that any Republicans who are thinking of acquitting Jared will reconsider when they realize that they will be primaried as well as strongly opposed in the General Election this November!"

Bettina: "Once he's convicted and removed, Lt. Governor Sharon Marshall will be sworn in as Governor. Many Legislators and Social Justice groups are urging her to resign, as she has supported Jared's racist policies and also has supported the Police, who many believe should be defunded due to institutional abuse of minorities! And if she does the right thing and resigns, House Speaker Isaac Jacobson, a Democrat, will become Governor."

Bettina: "And after the Town & County Police and Campus Police dropped all charges against Professor Stephanie Steele for the murder of Professor Robert Stoddard, ADA Savannah Fineman took the case to the Grand Jury, which indicted Dr. Steele on the murder charges. ADA Fineman says the case is strong. Solicitor Ted Mason, against whom Fineman is running for his Solicitor post, said that ADA Fineman's poor judgement in trying to prosecute this weak case is exactly why he should be re-elected Solicitor. Police Commander Donald Troy, a close crony of Edward and Stephanie Steele, did not return KXTC's repeated calls for comment on the matter..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Are you kidding me?" Cindy Ross just about exploded as we drank coffee in the Chief's Conference Room. "Fineman had Dr. Steele indicted?"

"Yep." I replied. "Judge Folsom released Stephanie on her own recognizance, so she didn't have to pay bail nor be ankle monitored, though she had to surrender her passport and must remain here in the County. But yes, Fineman went for an indictment, and got it."

"How?" asked Teresa. "There's so much evidence in Dr. Steele's favor."

"Which the Grand Jury did not hearrrrrrr." drawled Chief Moynahan. "As you know, they only hear what the Prosecutor presents to them. There's no defense testimony."

"That's a weakness of the Grand Jury system." said Cindy Ross. "That's one reason that of all the first world nations, only the United States still uses it."

"What I don't get," said Tanya Perlman, "is why Miriam Walters is allowing Savannah Fineman to go through with this. Doesn't she want Savannah to win?"

"Think about that." I said.

"Wha... oh. Wow." said Tanya, getting it.

"Enlighten us, Lady Ironside." said the Iron Wolf, Teresa Croyle.

"I get what Don is saying." said Tanya. "What if D.A. Walters doesn't want Savannah to win the Solicitor race?"

"I thought they were friends... cronies." said Cindy.

"They are friends." I said. "And Miriam wouldn't openly sabotage Savannah's campaign in a way Savannah realizes it. But if she tells Savannah 'Sure, prosecute the Steele case.', and Savannah does, gets slaughtered in Court, as she will be, and then loses the Election to Ted Mason... then Miriam keeps her favorite ADA, especially after Franklin Washington slaughters Harry Nance, and she has Mason to blame for things that go wrong."

"Wow." said Cindy. "But to put Stephanie Steele's life on the line like that? That's dirty."

"And unforgivable." I said, and my Angels did not fail to notice the undercurrent of menace in my voice...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

As the clock neared 11:00am, we all found places to be. The Detectives were in MCD, watching the monitors. The Chief, me, Cindy, Teresa, and Tanya were in the Chief's Conference Room. Sheriff Griswold had gone down to Midtown, and was with the Governor and his wife in their time of needing support.

"And the vote is about to begin!" said Priya Ajmani, who was on all the Fox stations's feeds. Tim Sioban and Bettina Wurtzburg were anchoring the special coverage on KXTC, KSB, and the SNN Networks, but I thought Priya looked one hell of a lot better than the two of them put together. So did Cindy.

The vote was called manually, with each State Senator having to stand and say 'Aye' to convict and 'Nay' to acquit. As expected, all of the Democrats voted to convict, including Jimmy Cerone. He'd said he'd have to vote to convict to keep his influence over the Democrat Caucus.

Then the Republican votes came in. Cain Mitchell loudly yelled 'AYE!'. Moe Molinari loudly voted 'NAY!' in retaliatory response. But Cain Mitchell's Establishment Elite Republican allies seemed to be winning the day, and voting their unappeasable hatred of Governor Val Jared.

The vote was 23-12. One vote to go. Ross G. Edmunds, whose district was Cedarville and its surrounding farms south of Midtown, nearly to the southern State Line, stood to cast the final vote. An 'aye' vote would be 2/3s majority needed for conviction. A 'nay' vote saved the Governor...

To be continued.

And continued immediately:

"NAY!" Edmunds called out. Pro-Jared Republicans began cheering...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Teresa got on the radio and gave orders to prepare for any rioting or violence, and TCPD Officers began deploying around the Old Mill, as well as the Fire Department Range north of Town.

"Well, that's that." I said, feeling much more relieved than I was letting on.

*CHIME!*

It was a text on my personal iPhone, from Sheriff Griswold. It said "Val wanted me to tell you thanks for your help." I texted back: "Tell him to thank someone named 'Ross'."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"And it's over!" said Bettina Wurtzburg, looking crestfallen. "Deeply unpopular Governor Val Jared has survived by just one vote! That vote was cast by Republican Ross G. Edmunds of Cedarville... again, that's Ross G. Edmunds."

Tim Sioban said "We'll have reaction from other Legislators soon. Senator Edmunds has been surrounded by State Patrol Officers, and is being escorted out of the State Senate Chamber. Many black Legislators and other people are in the hallways, shouting angrily at Edmunds, but otherwise being peaceful."

Bettina then said: "This is a list of the State Senate Republicans that voted to acquit Jared. I'll leave this list up for a moment, so that you can get a good look at the names. We'll put up their phone numbers and home addresses soon. Again, these Senators voted in support of allowing Jared to continue his racist policies, and Commander Troy to continue his tactics of Police brutality!..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Why are they leaving their names up like that?" Tanya asked. "And they're going to put up their home addresses?"


Teresa replied: "They're hoping their activists will protest them in their homes. It's called 'shaming'."

"No," I said, "it's called 'threatening'. The Media is hoping they and their families will be physically attacked, and harmed. That is what the militant Left and their Media allies do."

"Wowwww." said Tanya. "Is Sheriff Griswold in danger? He's the Governor's friend."

"He could be." I said. "The Left will stop at nothing to silence those who dare oppose their radical views."

"And it's only going to get worse." Teresa said as she got up. "If you'll excuse me, I'll go make sure the TCPD is ready to handle any crap the thugs try up here..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

8:30pm, Friday, February 14th. Having long since made the reservations, I was treating Laura to dinner at The Chop House, her favorite steakhouse, for St. Valentine's Day. My lovely wife was wearing a black dress that accentuated her lovely body, and the high heel pumps only helped all the more.

"I almost asked for just a quiet evening at home alone." Laura said. "But I'm glad I didn't. It's lovely, and my date for the evening is even better."

"Yes, we needed a night out like this." I replied. "And I'm happy to be showing off the hottest wife in the County."

"Ahhh, you sweet smooth talker." Laura said with a smile, her eyes sparkling,

After ordering, Laura said "So Savannah Fineman took Stephanie Steele's case to the Grand Jury?"

"Yes." I said. "But if Judge Watts gets the case, he's not going to waste much time issuing a directed verdict of acquittal. If Folsom gets it, it's hit or miss on whether or not he lets it go to full trial. Nance won't get it."

"I don't get it, either." said Laura. "I guess I should ask you how Savannah and Edward Steele got along during the Charter Commission days."

"No issues between them that I ever saw." I replied. "I'm wondering if there's something else going on."

"Like what?" Laura asked.

"Like Savannah is being blackmailed into following through with the case." I said. "Or some other motive we don't know about yet."

Laura said "What I do know is that Marie is very worried about her mother being taken away from here. And Carole told me that Marie feels much better whenever she talks to you about it."

I said "I think Bowser has a lot to do with that. But I try, just like I try with all the kids. Why doesn't parenting come with an instruction manual?"

"I guess someone is waiting for you to write it." Laura replied, making me chuckle.

"I do have one question." I said. "Am I right that you are the one that made Tracy Stone's ethics complaint disappear?"

Laura hesitated, then said "Not much gets past you, Darling. How did you know?"

I said "I know Carmela hates you unreservedly. And I know that something has held him in check all these years, or he'd have laid waste to the University by now. And the only person on Campus that I know of with the power to thwart him... is the biggest badass on Campus, with the power of the CIA behind her."

Laura nodded. "True enough. Yes, when Carmela was hired by the University, and I don't know how that happened, I was asked by the CIA to watch him. And they were right to ask; Carmela is an exceptionally dangerous man. He aspires to be the next Consultant of Crime, but in the political arena. But I think you've demonstrated that he is still 'minor leagues' compared to you."

"Yes, but he's a huge problem." I said. "He has connections. And much of the Swamp Frogs's ability to act has been due to his help behind the scenes."

"Yes, that's true." Laura said. "And he's now really starting to try to grow and expand his political power. He's working with a lot of the black candidates, which is legit. But I'm worried that he's also working to help steal elections for them, with dirty tactics. If you hear of the counters trying to exclude poll watchers in the wee hours of the morning, then suddenly a whole bunch of mail-in ballots suddenly get dumped, you better do something about it."

"So why did you help Tracy Stone?" I asked.

"Dr. Grogan asked me to. Secretly." said Laura. "Grogan is not a bad man, but he's scared to death of Carmela. Grogan has tried to get positions at other Universities, but Carmela has blocked him. Carmela can't fire Grogan, as Grogan has tenure, but he's dominated him and every other Poly Sci professor there, and Wellman can't fire Carmela without cause. And by 'cause', you'd have to get him convicted of a felony crime of violence."

Laura: "Anyway, Grogan asked me to help with Tracy. I checked into it, saw what was going on, and just removed the ethics complaint. When Carmela checked up to see why Tracy was still in school, he was told to drop it. When he gave me backtalk about it, he got a call from the IRS the next morning, telling him he was being forensically audited for the last seven years of his tax returns. He hasn't openly fucked with me after that... until last year, when he tried to get me fired for going into the OR with a bad arm." (Author's note: 'Believer', Ch. 01.)

I'd grinned at the IRS audit comment. It was nice to have a wife that was a badass, good in bed, and had all that political power behind her.

Laura said "So, what do you think of Tracy Stone?"

"Hard to tell." I said. "I think she's gotten a raw deal from Carmela all these years, and I admire her for standing up to him and plowing through it. But some of her political views... well, if it'd been up to her, Peter Dwayne Gordon would be sitting in prison for the rest of his life. And that... is not good."

Laura nodded. "Would she make a good FBI Agent?" my wife asked. "I'm asking for a friend."

"Obviously." I replied with a knowing grin. "And that's not the worst idea I've ever heard..."

Part 21 - Cleanup on Aisle 5

"This is Bettina Wurtzburg, KXTC Channel Two News!" shouted the redheaded MILF reporterette from the KXTC studios on Monday, February 17th. "Val Jared refuses to take responsibility for riots taking place throughout the State!"

Bettina began: "After the deeply unpopular Governor was acquitted of impeachment charges by just one vote, that of Republican Ross G. Edmunds of Cedarville, riots broke out in the City, Midtown, and Southport, fueled by anger and frustration at the racist policies of the Governor and the suppression of minority rights!"

Bettina: "There were sporadic peaceful protests here in the Town & County, but any beginnings of violence were quickly smashed by the heavily armed Town & County Police, led by Lieutenant Commander Teresa Croyle, who once beat up a man at a DUI checkpoint. Her violent tendencies were emulated by her Police Officers, who crushed any protests with ruthlessly violent tactics."

Bettina: "The outrage resulting from the acquittal of the Governor has been very strong. Let's go to trusted reporter Lester Holder for more. Lester!"

"That's right,, Bettina!" said Lester Holder from an 'undisclosed' location that was the backyard of KXTC's property. "It's what we've been saying all along: Republicans are racist! Republicans hate blacks and will do whatever it takes to suppress blacks's rights and keep them down! I don't know what it's going to take to stop the White Nationalists from continuing to impose their racism against minorities!"

Bettina: "That's right, Lester! And Legislators of both Parties agree. Roll tape."

Tape rolled. First was State House Minority Leader Wilson Hammonds, who angrily said "Ross G. Edmunds and every Legislator that voted to acquit Jared are racists and an embarrassment to the Republican Party. I will be working to throw those traitors out of our Party."

Tasheeka Harris said "Racist Republicans have banded together to support a racist Governor and his actions. Blacks in this State have been politically lynched by Ross G. Edmunds and the Republican Party, and their rights brutally suppressed by the thug Police!"

Cain Mitchell said: "This is all Donald Troy's fault! Donald Troy worked hard to get Republicans to vote to acquit the Governor as part of their quid pro quo arrangement, and he succeeded in getting the Governor off!"

Back to Bettina live: "We have with us Dr. Lionel Carmela, head of the Political Science Department at the University. Dr. Carmela, what's to be done, here?"

"We may have lost this battle," said Carmela, "but the war... and it is a war for the rights of minorities... is not over. We need to register as many minorities to vote as we can, and be sure to vote, so that our voices are heard, and the White Nationalists and their hateful racist actions are stopped."

Bettina said "Dr. Carmela, what about the Police, and their tactics of oppression of minority rights?"

Carmela: "As you know, Bettina, I've long advocated for defunding the Police, and replacing the brutal Police tactics of using force with 'community policing' where Police will be required to work with people instead of against them---"

*CLICK!*

The remote was expertly used by Teresa Croyle to turn off the verbal diarrhea that was spewing out of the television monitor.

"I'm done with Bettina's shit." Teresa proclaimed. "We didn't beat down anyone, we didn't suppress anyone. There was one march on MLK Jr. Drive, and we deployed. But they stayed peaceful, and we did not have to interdict them."

"Aw, come on, Iron Wolf!" I said. "You know headlines like 'Police show restraint' (air quotes) don't cut it with today's Media!" Yes, I got a 'Teresa Cunt' look for that display of 'humor' (air quotes).

"Is it just meeeee?" drawled the Chief, "or are things getting uglier and more divisive by the minute?"

"It's not just you, Chief." Teresa said. "And Don is right... it's the Media's doing. They're doing all they can to gin up hatred, and ultimately violence." Your Iron Crowbar nodded vigorously in agreement.

"I wonder what KFXU's broadcast will say." I said.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Hello and welcome to Fox University Sunrise." said Catrina Pierce. "I'm Catrina Pierce, and with me as always is Meredith Peller. Hello Meredith!"

"Hello, Catrina. Hello everyone." said Meredith Peller. "Here's what's in the news. Radical groups violently demonstrated in the City and Southport after Governor Val Jared was acquitted of weak charges on Friday."

Video of businesses burning out of control in the City were shown as Meredith continued: "The violent protesters threw rocks at Police, set fire to buildings, and attacked innocent bystanders. They also looted stores and prevented First Responders from aiding injured people."

Catrina: "And a mob attacked the home of Cedarville's State Senator Ross G. Edmunds, who cast the deciding vote to acquit Governor Jared. Police were able to evacuate his family, but his home was set on fire and burned to the ground. Twelve arrests were made, and none of those arrested were from the area; most were from Midtown and Southport."

Meredith: "KSB and KXTC have been showing the names of the Republicans that voted to acquit, leading to several of them receiving death threats, and some of their families being harassed by angry mobs showing up at their homes. Police responding to protect the families have been attacked, and shots have been fired in the clashes, though there are so far no reports of deaths..."