Just Once, If You Don't Mind Ending

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The one I felt worst about was of course Josh. He had in fact nearly killed Penny's lover. He had suffered permanent brain damage and would need assistance for the rest of his life. Josh got a 10 year state prison sentence out of the deal too. What happened to Penny? Nothing, she divorced Josh and went back to working for Marcy.

If I had just done what Marcy wanted, Josh would probably still be divorced but he would be a free man. Josh periodically communicates with me through email. They get email in prison? Thankfully, he doesn't blame me for his problems and takes full responsibility for his actions, but it still haunts me.

Improbably I was never even visited by any member of law enforcement.

A few weeks after the incident I noticed a 'for sale' sign go up in Vincent and Leslie's front yard. Less than two months later a new family had moved in. I heard that they got divorced a couple of years later. It wasn't acrimonious or anything they just grew bored with each other I guess. I read something later that couples with 'open marriages' is about the only group with a higher divorce rate than military and healthcare workers.

Two years after our divorce Mary finished her hitch in the navy. She really liked the work she did but wanted a family even more, and she more than most was aware of the perils of married life in the military. She married a really nice guy and they just told me that they are pregnant with my first grandchild. She still works for one of the aerospace companies and loves what she does.

Four years after the divorce

Believe it or not my ex-wife and I managed to sit together through our son Kyle's two and a half hour college graduation ceremony without killing each other. He got his BA in Aeronautics and was planning on a career in the air force. Of course things got a little dicier at the reception we paid for afterwards. After we each had a couple of drinks Marcy decided that now was a good time for us to have the discussion I refused at our final divorce hearing.

She caught me outside sitting by myself at a table overlooking a large pond with small sailboats on it. "Can we talk Rick, I need to say some things."

Still looking at the water, I motioned for her to sit and I said rather wistfully, "You know Marcy I think I might learn to sail one day. It looks incredibly peaceful. I need to find more peace in my life."

"Well no wonder, what with all the families you ruined with your little stunt at the airport. I will never forgive you for that Rick."

While on some level I agreed with her I still didn't like her attitude. "Listen Marcy, it's all water under the bridge now, but I would really like to know. What exactly were you doing in the 1-2 hours before the start of your shift everyday while you were parked at the Red Roof Inn? I mean I'm just wondering how far your hypocrisy goes?"

She was silent for a very long time and responded without answering my question. "I guess it's best to leave the past in the past." I noticed tears forming in her eyes. "Our first grandchild will be arriving any day now, and I think we should be able to at least act mature enough together so as not to not embarrass our children."

"Yes Marcy I think we can do that. After all we have spent all afternoon together and haven't hit each other once."

She just gave a rueful smile and we sat there not speaking further looking out over the water watching the approaching sunset.

If I was Rick would I have really ended it with the confrontation at the airport? As much as I would have liked to, the answer is no. I probably would have had Marcy served in the hotel lobby and gone on with my life. Real life is boring though.

Share this Story

Similar Stories

A Promise Made, A Vow Broken No such thing as a hall pass when it comes to wedding vows.in Loving Wives
Let Go CEO wife fires husband. What follows is the aftermath.in Loving Wives
Abandoned Rage Abandoned and humiliated in the worst way.in Loving Wives
An Unexpected Reaction To an unacceptable situation.in Loving Wives
Randy's Unexpected Revenge Cindy chooses her boss over her husband Randy to her regret.in Loving Wives
More Stories