Kaleidoscope Eyes Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Hell, Dad. The really ironic thing is that there probably ARE several properties in that town that we would lease or buy for a transshipment point," I finally told him with a grin and a shake of my head. "But, there is something else going down there; and that is where YOU come in."

As I drained by beer, he gave me that politician's 'ah-ha' smirk, probably already mentally calculating what favor that I might owe him for his assistance. He said, "I understand why you held off on telling your mother. And I agree. But you need to get to the bottom of things with this child; then, if she is your daughter, and my granddaughter, you just be sure you tell Althea and me right away. You hear?" At this, I nodded.

"So, what do you need from the Old Man?" he asked.

I told him about my discussion with Darryl and my learning about the joint law enforcement task force closing in on Simonton and its ugly activities; as well as the bureaucratic holdup they were experiencing.

"The money that the State Police boys need freed up..." I began, "do you know who, or what is holding it up?"

Before answering, he took another sip of wine and then calmly said, "Well, yeah; I should. It's ME! I am the one holding it up."

Before I could get in his face about it, he held up a hand and looked around to ensure that no one was eavesdropping on us. Then he told me the story.

"That pissant Attorney General of ours double-crossed me on a deal that we had going on in the House. So, I am now slow-walking his precious drug task force budget item for a couple of extra weeks just to make him sweat and to show him who the boss is when it comes to fiscal matters," he confided in me.

"Dad," I said in exasperation, "if that money doesn't get released right away, then the State and local boys will get left out of the operation that the Feds are mounting. Would you want those Feds to go all 'Ruby Ridge' or 'Branch Davidian' on that place without some local law enforcement presence that actually cares about Virginians and their well-being?"

He thought about it as I tried one last personal probe. "And what if that little girl DOES turn out to be your granddaughter? Would you want anything to happen to her, or her mother?" Then I added, "Or me? Because I plan to be there to get them out if I can."

"Okay, okay. Your mother would have me spit-roasted over hot coals if she thought that I had anything to do with putting or leaving you in any real danger. Tell your friend, Darryl, to tell his bosses that the money is on the way.

"Now, it has been good to see you, but Sarah and I have some legislative matters to discuss," he said with another smirk. "So, you drive safely on your way back now, you hear?" he directed as he stood to shake my hand.

It had been his typical dismissal style for as long as I could remember. I was not really offended. In fact, it was sort of amusing. I really shocked him by moving in and giving him a brief hug, then I pulled back with a grin and bade him a good evening.

I waved to Sarah as I passed her in the lobby, working away on her laptop, and with her Smartphone propped between her ear and her shoulder. I exited and crossed the parking lot to my rental car and drove to the family home north of Williamsburg, about an hour away, for the rest of the night. I would head back to Simonton in the morning.

****

The next morning, on my way out of Williamsburg, I stopped to get my breakfast sugar fix at Emily's Donuts, and savored every delicious bit of the two specialty donuts that I bought. Believe me, with the size of these pastries, two was plenty.

I stopped in to see Mom in her offices in Norfolk before the day's formal schedule of meetings and teleconferences began for her. I still felt the need to withhold the information about her potential status as a grandmother, but I gave her the rundown on my property search.

You can bet your sweet ass that I did NOT tell her anything about my putting myself in potential danger with the events that Darryl and his folks had planned.

By mid-morning, I was on my way out of town, headed west, back to Simonton—and, hopefully, to a rendezvous with a significant piece of my recent past.

****

I had held onto the motel room—"Nah, ya don't get a discount for being away for the night, Mister"— and when I pulled into the space where I had parked before, I noted that the Z/28 was back. Getting out of the car with my overnight stuff, I looked around, but I didn't see any other cars parked nearby, just three others parked up near the Manager's office. Neither did I see anyone walking around.

I had set my stuff down on the bed and gone to do my business in the bathroom. Returning to the main area, I heard a soft, but deliberate knock on my door. Checking the peephole, and with a quick glance at the wall mirror to see that my blue contacts were doing their job in my eyes, I took a deep breath and opened the door to potential trouble.

Ruthanne!

My breathing stopped for a moment as I again beheld the woman who had taken and then broken my heart just five years earlier.

She was still just a beautiful as I remembered. Yeah, her hips may have been a tiny bit wider, as I noted their firm roundness in her skin-tight yoga pants, but I attributed that to having birthed a child—my child, maybe? She frowned at my momentary silence and direct gaze—having seen me giving her the once-over.

"Hey. I just came by to talk a bit, but if you're busy or anything ..." Her words sounded as if she meant them, but her eyes and facial expression were hard. This was not the sweet girl whom I had met when she and I had had that beautiful short intimate time together.

"No," I said after briefly clearing my throat. "I'm not busy. In fact, I just got back from an overnight in Williamsburg."

"Oh!" she said, with a look that showed a bit of relief. "Then I would not have disturbed you with all the noise we made last night, then." Here, she gave off a rather naughty, but guarded look, and blurted out, "We really raised hell and fucked ourselves silly last night; and you missed it all by not being here. You probably wouldn't have been able to get any sleep, even if you HAD been here."

Wow! She didn't even know this version of me; and she was reverting to potty-mouth this quickly? I thought that was odd, if not just downright rude.

"Pretty wild, was it?" I asked with what I hoped was the horny look of a stranger in town standing in front of a woman who everyone in town probably had more than likely branded as 'that slut', to the worldly, and that 'fallen woman', to the more spiritually minded.

Then, I remembered my manners. "I'm Russ Holloway, by the way." I extended my hand to shake hers.

"Ruthanne... Simon," she said coolly as she reached out and took my hand in hers.

She jumped a bit, as did I, as we felt the slight shock of static electricity that passed between us right as our hands connected.

She drew back her hand and crossed her arms, looking a bit annoyed.

"Oh," I said, realizing that we were still in the threshold of the doorway. "Won't you please come in?"

"Don't you know that a proper lady does not enter a strange gentleman's motel room?" she asked in an over-emphasized Southern accent, and now giving me a smirk. She chuckled and continued.

"I guess it's a good thing that I am NOT a proper lady, then," she threw at me as she brushed past me and entered my motel room. She did not even ask; she just sat down on the bed and leaned back; evidently, intent on letting me get a good look at the whole package.

Man! She was hot! Not in the way of the formerly virginal girl whom I had met and made sweet love to years before, but 'hot' in a much more mature and worldly, and yes, slutty, form.

I could detect in her hotness a very noticeable hardness, now. Also, she appeared to have a somewhat frantic needful attitude, most notably reflected in her heavily made-up hazel eyes.

"Do I know you?" she asked out of the blue, now sitting up and leaning forward; giving me a look down the V-neck of the light knit top that she wore, evidently without anything underneath, from both the clear view and the notable jiggle of her chest. "You look... I don't know. Just familiar, I guess."

"I don't know. I rarely travel through these parts," I hedged. "Is that your Camaro out front?" I asked, hoping to change the subject.

"Yeah," she said with a roll of her eyes. "My husband got that for me three years ago. I don't know why, because he knows that I am not going anywhere with it, anyway."

"Husband?" I asked blandly.

Her face hardened as she hissed, "Yesssss. My. Husband!"

"I mean... well..."

"You mean; why am I fucking so many guys in a motel out near the truck stop when I have a husband?" she asked with an obvious, and surprising, bold challenge.

"Hey, look. I didn't..." and I let it trail off, surprised by her brashness; and suddenly embarrassed, for some reason.

"I know that you must have heard what was going on two and three nights ago. But they were nothing compared to last night's party." Here, she got a wistful look, as if reminiscing about it.

"With as thin as the walls and floors are in this dump, and the way that Jerry, the owner and manager, refuses to upgrade anything, like for sound insulation, I know that you can hear just about everything there is to hear in any of the adjacent or downstairs rooms. As for room security, HA! Anyone can get past those ancient locks on these doors! I just..." Here, she suddenly stopped talking and got a faraway look in her eyes.

"You married?" she asked, startling me, since I had been waiting in silence for her to continue, and she had caught me by surprise by her sudden change of focus.

"Uh, no," I said.

Then, she got a flirty look on her face and said, "Well, then; a single man on business in a strange town may just be looking for some companionship for these lonely nights, then. Right?"

"Uhm, I don't know. Maybe." 'Come on, Russ. What is with you?' I asked myself. "But, what does your husband think about... you know... everything..." I let it trail off here, more in a way of getting the question out in order to put off answering her obvious proposition.

"That asshole? He thinks that he is Mister High-And-Mighty around here; but he evidently doesn't need me, it seems. Anyway, he is shacked up all the time with some chippies from Honduras, or Mexico, or Viet Nam, or East Egypt, I don't really know, in a house on the north side of town. Asshole doesn't even come home to our own house, anymore." She had risen and begun pacing as she had disclosed this last bit of information.

Then, she turned abruptly toward the door and opened it before turning back toward me.

"Well, I just wanted to apologize for the noise. I will try to keep it down if I have any more ... guests." Then, she got that naughty, flirty look on her face again and, in a throaty, sultry tone, said, "And don't hesitate to be a guest yourself, if you are of a mind to, that is."

Then she threw me a kiss, in the same manner as a schoolgirl, turned, and left the room, letting the door slam and lock behind her.

To say that I was disturbed would be an understatement. I took a breath and began to try to formulate a way to get past the hard crust that I had perceived that Ruthanne had built around herself. I needed to find a way to try to reconnect with her, and do so as the man with whom she had given herself to years before. This would be a really delicate matter to work out.

This woman had problems, and I mean in a big way!

Just in the short period of conversation that we had had, I could detect several aspects to her persona that indicated that Ruthanne more than likely needed some real professional help. She appeared to have difficulty concentrating—shifting topics suddenly. She also seemed obsessed with activities of a sexual nature; and had tried to entice me into them with her. She did not seem to believe that there were any consequences to her actions, especially possible repercussions from her husband, whom I remembered as having been a psychotic asshole.

Add to all this her tendency to have sexual relations with multiple partners—and, well, who knew what risky behaviors she was participating in? Or even if she were requiring condoms during sex? And then, there were some signs from the way she dressed and presented her body that indicated that she was, at least mildly, into exhibitionism.

Yeah; she was definitely in need of professional help; and soon.

I also had to remember the primary and secondary priorities. One: find out if the little girl, Mara, was actually my offspring, and two, get Mara and any of her innocent family members—and Ruthanne, of course—away from here before all hell broke loose from Darryl and the other authorities.

****

After having Martha Harley show me potential lease or purchase properties most of the next day, which had included a lot of walking around the large places, I was pretty bushed when I returned to my motel room. I was also getting tired of fast food At least the truck stop's in-house restaurant was a Waffle House, serving good ole southern comfort food 24/7, or, as they advertised, 'Good Food Fast'. After a shower and a check of email, I turned in early.

It was definitely a quieter night. I guess Ruthanne had decided to give it a rest for the night. When I had come back from supper, I had seen the Z/28 in the lot, so I knew she was around.

I had been able to sleep better, until I had rolled over and a unique confluence of geometry caused me to rouse. A business down the highway, slightly back from the road, evidently had a motion-sensing light that came on when something triggered its sensor. That light had a direct bead on the one mangled slat in the blinds covering my window and the ever-so-slight separation of the cheap curtains over the blinds. This allowed one pinhole of light to direct the luminary disturbance right to where my left eye was as I lay on my left side on the pillow.

I was slightly roused, but not completely awake when I heard someone at my motel room door. The slight click and squeak were all it took for me to become completely awake and aware that someone was breaking into my room.

I was just about to reach for my Kimber Micro 9 handgun when I recognized the poorly-lit, but discernible, outline of a woman and realized immediately that it was Ruthanne. Well, she HAD said that the room door locks were shit in this crackerbox of a motel.

She allowed the door to close quietly behind her and then paused, I guess listening for my breathing to determine if I had awakened. I attempted to breathe with a typical sound of someone still completely under, and I did not move.

Surprisingly, I was more curious than alarmed. What did she have in mind?

"You're awake, aren't you?" Ruthanne said just above a whisper.

"Uhm-hmm," I said at roughly the same level of volume. She was approaching the side of my bed as I said this.

Without any preliminary warning, she knelt at the side of the bed with her head close to mine and suddenly turned on the bedside lamp on the nightstand.

As the full illumination hit me, my eyes were wide open and so were hers. Before I could react, she pulled back from me and gasped.

I knew the jig was up concerning my heterochromatic eyes, but I still made the effort at covering this.

"Excuse me," I said, turning away and rushing to the bathroom ... and the toilet ... and my blue contact lens case.

I managed to put out enough piss to give off the sounds of a man needing to go in the night. At the same time, I was opening the caps for the lens case, licking my index finger, and roughly moving the blue lenses into position. There would be some irritation in the morning, but I was desperate. I had not planned on doing the 'Great Reveal' until the next day—or even the next. Hopefully, Ruthanne had been just as surprised in the glare and had not seen my multi-colored irises.

No such luck!

As I came back into the bedroom portion, wearing only by boxers, I saw her in the easy chair on the other side of the bed from me. She now had the floor lamp on, illuminating her beauty in the glow of the room's light. She wore only that flimsy robe that I had seen her in several nights before at the upstairs railing and evidently, nothing else. She had her legs crossed and her arms crossed under her lightly-covered, but obviously unfettered breasts.

"Rusty Collins," was all she said, rather laconically, looking off to the side.

"What did you say, Ma'am?" I asked

She became very angry at this. "Don't you try to 'Ma'am' me, you asshole. I saw your eyes! And I have only seen one other set of eyes like that. And they belonged to a son of a bitch who called himself 'Rusty Collins' five years ago, when he just FUCKED me; and knocked me up! And then, he just left me here, with those... animals, and broke my fucking heart!"

This shocked me; since it mirrored in some ways what I was feeling about what Ruthanne had done to me!

Before I could respond, she asked, "Just who are you anyway? I mean, really?" And now, she stood up and, for some reason, attempted to adjust her short flimsy as if to try for some bit of modesty, of all things.

"Well," I began, deciding that I may as well come clean now, "My name really IS Russell Holloway, but I have been known in various locales around the world as 'Rusty Collins'."

She just looked at me in silence for about fifteen seconds. Then, she let out with a sob and a cry of truly heartfelt anguish.

As I saw that she was about to collapse, I rushed over and wrapped her up in a hug, more to support and keep her from falling and hurting herself than anything else.

Of course, she took it wrong and hit my chest with a fist and was pulling her hand back to slap me when I caught it and held it. The fight then went out of her as she just collapsed against me and she began crying miserably and loudly.

"YOU JUST LEFT ME!"

I pulled her with me so that we could sit together in the easy chair, with her in my lap as I held her and let her cry out her frustrations and any other emotions she needed to release.

I also just ignored the guy next door, who tapped lightly on the wall, evidently having been awakened by Ruthanne's shout and sobs. She was quieter now, so I did not worry about the noise, and I did not respond.

I just kept up a slight rocking motion and a constant whispering of, "Shh, shhh," as I lightly rubbed her back and made sure that I did not give her any indications of actions by me that might be of a sexual nature. Little Russ even cooperated and did not put in a stiff appearance; even though, with as little as Ruthanne was wearing and with my awareness of her feminine charms, and the beauty and promises associated with them, he could have embarrassed me easily.

After about twenty minutes, she was close to being asleep. I gently rose with her in my arms, straining to maintain my balance, walked her over to my bed, lay her down in it, and covered her with the sheet and blanket. I moved to the other side and lay on top of the covers, allowing us to have a barrier of sorts between us.

She fell asleep, after pulling my arm across her, allowing it to rest on her abdomen, just below her magnificent breasts, with her hand firmly holding mine. And, yes, Little Russ did spring up at that point, but I had enough distance between our hips, and with the blankets in the way, so that there was no way for her to notice.

I just lay there and looked at her. I got up later to turn off the lamps and then returned to the same position on the bed. She once again pulled my arm around her and we both slept for several hours.

****

When I awoke, I was looking into a beautiful pair of hazel eyes that no longer held that hardness that I had detected in Ruthanne in the days prior. They still held a touch of wariness, for which I could not really blame her.