Katie can't go sightseeing in DC

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Fishing around in her bag for her wallet, Katie had to use both hands, allowing her almost completely unbuttoned blouse to open wide when she leaned over to hand the driver his cash. She hadn't noticed she was practically topless until she saw the driver's shocked expression. She was feeling pretty grateful to him for getting her there so quickly, so besides tipping generously she took her time putting her change away in her wallet, and a little bit more time putting her wallet away before finally covering up.

Katie paced back and forth in front of the store entrance, waiting impatiently for the store to open at 8:00 AM. She looked over at her reflection in the glass entrance and saw for the first time how she must look to anyone nearby, thinking, "Totally inappropriate for the office, but kind of hot!" Her satisfied appraisal of her appearance came to an end when she saw what the breeze was doing with the rear tail of her blouse, she stopped pacing, found a spot near the entrance and waited with her back up against a wall. She was the first customer in the door at 8:02 and hustled back to the Ladies' clothing department.

Katie only needed a few minutes to pick out a nice, boring ensemble, not so different from what she'd been planning on wearing. Since a sign at the entrance to the fitting rooms said they wouldn't be open until 9:00, she had to trust that the sizes labeled were accurate She hurried to the checkouts and was about to put her items up to be scanned when she remembered she still needed shoes, so she backtracked, selected a low heeled black pair and was back to the checkout less than 15 minutes after she'd first entered the store. She ordered up an Uber while the cashier finished checking out another customer. Her ride to the Rayburn House office building at the Capitol pulled up a couple minutes after she left the store.

For the first time in Katie's whole weekend, things were going according to plan. The directions she'd been given would bring her right to the part of the Capitol complex where her Congressman's office was located; if her Google maps research was even close to right she figured she ought to get there by 8:45, early enough to duck into a toilet room and get dressed. She worried about getting past security looking the way she did, but thought she could explain what had happened. "I just hope it doesn't take me too long to convince the security guards I'm not the nut job my current appearance makes me look like," she thought.

Katie rolled her one remaining original stocking down her leg and pulled it off her foot shortly after buckling herself into the rear seat, figuring she could save a few seconds when she got dressed and wasn't revealing anything she shouldn't, or at least wasn't making things worse than they already were. She began to wish she'd asked for a larger car; the combination of the somewhat cramped back seat space of the Ford Focus and her 6-foot height made getting the stocking off harder than usual. Her driver had taken note of her unusual appearance when she climbed into his car and was already checking his rear-view mirror more than he normally would, so he caught some of her stocking removal. He began checking what was going on behind him even more often.

Her Uber was most of the way across a bridge over the Potomac river when Katie's anxiety about making it to her destination in time to do her job ramped up sharply. The traffic slowed to a crawl, then dropped to a stop-and-go pace. She braced herself on the top of the front seats and leaned forward to be heard over the chorus of car and truck horns and asked, "What's going on? Why are we stopping?"

Since they were completely stopped, the driver turned to answer Katie. Momentarily rendered speechless by the clear view of Katie's right breast her leaning forward had given him, the driver eventually managed to answer her, "Ahhh, some kind of rally or protest up ahead on the Mall. If it's a big one, one or two of the three lanes will be shut down. Once we make it past the point where the lanes merge it should loosen up,"

Still leaning toward the driver, she asked, "How much longer do you think it's going to take?" She had a hard time not laughing when she noticed how much trouble the poor man was having carrying on a conversation, but didn't make things any easier for him, deliberately leaning forward a tiny bit farther.

Losing all track what Katie was saying when he saw her blouse part a bit more, enough for her left breast to pop out into view along with the right one, he finally responded after she repeated the question, telling her, "I'm, I, um, can't be sure, but probably only an extra ten minutes or so."

"Fuck! That's too long, I'll never make it in time!" She couldn't believe that after all the problems she'd had she was so damned close to making it on time, but was instead going to be a no-show at the event which was the whole reason for her trip. She slumped back into her seat, finally noticing how her brief lack of focus had left her exposed.

"Unless...maybe...it might save me enough time to make it, and would certainly make it easier to get through security," she said, psyching herself up to go through with her latest last-ditch idea about how to get to work faster.

Her hands were shaking, but she was determined to give herself even a slim chance at being on time, so she unfastened the single button still in place on her blouse! She shivered as she slipped the right side of the blouse over her shoulder and pulled her right arm out of the wrecked garment. The left side took a bit longer to get off, partially because she had to work around her seat belt but more because she was still a little bit freaked out about getting completely naked in some stranger's car in the middle of a traffic jam!

"There, I did it!" Katie said, a bit louder than she intended as she set her ruined blouse on the seat beside her.

"Did what," the driver asked. He had his eyes on the car in front of them, but once they had both come to a complete stop he turned to see what was going on in the back seat. What he saw left him speechless; he couldn't see far enough down to be sure there wasn't any clothing still present down around Katie's ankles, but he could tell she was completely nude from her shins to the top of her head! His new all-time favorite passenger was too busy trying to open a plastic package holding her new pair of stockings to notice him, allowing him plenty of time to take in the view.

As she struggled to open the first item she pulled out of the bag, Katie cursed herself for not thinking to get the clothes out of their various bits of packaging and free of all the small pieces of plastic tethering price tags to the clothing BEFORE getting naked. "No going back now, I just need to get this over with," she mumbled while trying to tear the small bag open with her teeth. When she finally noticed the driver staring at her she yelled, "Hey! Eyes front!" He turned around and noticed the car in front of them had moved on and traffic from the lane to his left was taking advantage of his distraction to cut in front of them.

With her new stockings freed from their package, Katie put them on and smoothed them out. Realizing she was asking a lot of her driver, she apologized as she looked around in the bag for her panties, "I'm sorry I yelled at you, I guess I should have expected you to stare once you saw what I was doing. I just don't have enough time to wait until getting inside the Capitol to get dressed. I can't keep you from looking, just please don't get into an accident!"

As she tried in vain to separate one pair of panties from the other two in the package, she thought to herself, "Did I just give this guy permission to ogle my naked body? Damn, I guess I sort of did!" She couldn't help giggling as she thought, "but not really, I AM wearing stockings, so technically I'm not naked!"

It occurred to her that she'd found herself in situations not too different from this morning's trouble a few times before, and had usually ended up enjoying herself. "Today is different," she told herself, "this time I didn't volunteer to lose my clothes." She didn't let herself think too hard about the excitement that had been building in her ever since she'd walked out of the toilet stall, or how it had increased sharply the moment she decided to strip out of her blouse right there in the cab!

During another halt in the traffic, Katie noticed that she was being noticed by people other than her driver. The chorus of car and truck horns had become less random, with more honking coming from vehicles stuck in traffic alongside her driver's car. At first she was shocked to be on display to whoever happened to pull up next to her, but realized that short of crawling down onto the floor there wasn't really any way for her to get out of view. She began to enjoy the startled looks on the faces of occupants of nearby vehicles when they noticed her, even waving to them if they smiled!

Her driver noticed Katie's ongoing struggle with the plastic tabs holding the panties together. He pulled a small multi-tool out of his front pants pocket and offered it to her, saying, "I could gladly watch you wrestle with those annoying plastic ties all day, but it sounds like you're in a hurry, so try this."

"Aw, a compliment and a favor, thanks," Katie replied. She cut the two plastic ties off and picked out the green panties to put on. She didn't object to the driver watching intently as she pulled her new undies up her legs and in place, thinking he'd already seen pretty much all of her anyway. Her racing heartbeat told her that it was somehow different now that she knew she was being watched, and had more or less invited the attention. She moved on to clearing off the tags from her new skirt. Her focus on the various ties and tags hooked onto the skirt was so complete that she didn't notice the driver making a turn and encountering a new section of stop-and-go traffic.

Katie finally noticed the slight detour when a young man's voice boomed out from a speaker, letting her driver know he could place his order. "I'll have a tall iced Cappuccino," he replied, then turned to ask Katie, "anything for you? I'm buying."

Katie grumbled, "You're stopping for coffee? Do you not get that I'm in a hurry?" She was far less interested in the offerings at the Starbucks drive-through than getting to work.

"Actually," he said, "as long as this drive-through isn't too busy, cutting through the back of the parking lot lets me save time by getting to a less busy street. I guarantee we won't lose any time and might even cut a few minutes off your trip."

"Oh, okay, I guess. In that case, I'll have a Grande dark chocolate Mocha," she answered after considering her options.

The last car between them and the window had pulled away while Katie had been making up her mind what to have, so her driver had already pulled away from the ordering kiosk, but he ordered her espresso after pulling up to the window. "Never mind," she yelled when she noticed the man working the window staring at her. She instinctively raised her hands to cover her breasts, noticing as she did how stiff her nipples had become!

"I'm sure it will only take an extra minute or two," the driver assured her, "Besides, I can't go until he hands me back my credit card."

"But I can't work on getting the tags off my skirt without flashing my boobs for that guy at the window," she complained.

"I guess you need to decide which is more important to you, keeping the clerk from seeing your boobs, which he's already done, or getting your clothes to be wearable as soon as possible," he said, looking over his shoulder. "You're not going to find it easy keeping covered once I hand you your Mocha anyway. For what it's worth, judging by the look on his face you just made his day. Maybe his week."

Katie knew what had to be her top priority. She brought her hands down to her lap and went back to clipping tags off her skirt. She didn't need to look up to know the clerk was staring at her boobs, and felt herself blushing. Once she'd removed all the tags she set the skirt down and pulled her brand new bra out of the shopping bag. Hesitating instead of going straight to work cutting off the tags on the bra, she asked the driver, "You think I only made this guy's week?"

"I really was just guessing, who knows what the dude sees passing by his little drive-through window?"

"Hmmm. Ask him if he'd like a souvenir," she said to the driver.

"I don't understand, what are...." he said before she cut him off.

"Just ask him if he'd like a damned souvenir!"

He did as he was told, offering the confused clerk...something, exactly what he wasn't sure.

"Uh, sure, I guess," the clerk replied warily; he had thought his staring might get him in trouble, but couldn't make himself look away. He handed the driver back his credit card and Cappuccino.

Her offer accepted, Katie lifted her butt off the seat and yanked her panties down her thighs and over her knees. She held on to the green cotton undies and lifted her left foot up and out of them, followed quickly by her right foot. Completely nude aside from her stockings and making no effort to conceal any part of her body, she unbuckled her safety belt, slid over behind the driver, and rolled the window down. She knelt on the seat, braced herself on the edge of the empty window opening with her left hand, and leaned out the window. With her head, shoulders, breasts, most of her upper body, really, sticking out of the car, she extended her right hand to deliver her practically brand new, slightly damp panties to the stunned clerk!

Half in the car and half out, Katie paused for a few seconds to enjoy the reaction of the clerk. She was about to pull herself back into the relative privacy of the car when she noticed a couple of cars behind them honking their horns in appreciation. She smiled and waved to her small audience, then slipped back into the car, shaking from head to toe. The driver took her Mocha from a second clerk who'd come to see why the first clerk seemed to be frozen in place. He handed her the drink and pulled away, pointed toward the less busy street behind the building.

Still shaking as she thought about what she'd just done, it was all Katie could do to keep from spilling her drink, something definitely to be avoided with no clothing to protect her uncovered skin. She gulped enough of her Mocha to keep it under control as the driver turned out of the parking lot. He broke the silence, telling her, "I think it's now safe to say you just made that dude's year, probably his decade. I was right about the traffic on this street being a lot lighter. We'll get you to your destination much sooner by going this way."

"That's great," Katie replied, "but exactly how soon?" Her antics at the drive-through and her distracted state afterward had actually left her wearing even less than she had been before the Starbucks detour; now she had more clothing to get on and less time left to get it done. She lost a few more seconds to distraction as she thought about how people would react if they saw her get out of the car practically in the shadow of the Capitol dome wearing nothing but a pair of thigh-high stockings.

"Should be there in less than 3 minutes, 4 tops."

She pulled apart her remaining two new pairs of panties and put the pink pair on, then slipped her feet into her skirt, wriggling around in the cramped back seat to work the skirt up over her butt, button, and zip up the rear zipper. She tracked down her shoes and slipped them on, then hunted for her bra, finally finding it hiding under the front passenger seat. She belatedly remembered that she hadn't gotten around to removing the tags from the lace-trimmed white lingerie before giving the Starbucks dude a show.

Since nobody would be seeing the bra she would have been willing to put up with some discomfort until she could find a better time and place to deal with it, but several of those devilish plastic cords were holding the back straps together. "No way on earth am I going to get into this thing with those cords tying the backup," she muttered as she picked up the tool and went to work.

"You have reached your destination," the driver's phone announced, startling Katie. She still needed to cut a few more plastic ties off the back of the bra to make it wearable. The car had come to a stop, this time not because of traffic; her car was one of several parked at the curb near an employee entrance of the Rayburn office building. Her driver's bright blue Focus stood out in the lineup of black limos and giant SUVs, drawing the attention of several well-dressed aides and lobbyists standing on the sidewalk.

It didn't take long for a few of the pedestrians to notice the shapely topless blonde in the back seat of the out-of-place little blue car. They had no idea what she was doing with the bra in her hands, her hands not being where their attention was focused. The handful of voyeurs clustered near the car, groaning in only slightly exaggerated disappointment when she finally detached the last bit of plastic and swiftly put the bra on. Thinking it might make the cluster of men lose interest, Katie put her blouse on before removing the one tie it had hanging from its right sleeve, but her audience seemed to be rooted right where they stood.

Katie resigned herself to the likelihood that she would need to push past them to get to her Congressman's office, but wasn't sure what she would do if they followed her; she was sure that besides being the end of her career in politics, it wouldn't be at all good for her boss if anyone were to connect him to the topless mystery woman. She had her hand on the door handle, ready as she'd ever be to try to force her way past the men outside when they all suddenly dashed off to join a larger group focused on a new arrival getting out of a limo three cars ahead.

She cut off the one tie on her blouse, tipped the driver, returned his multi-tool and seized the unexpected opportunity to get into the office building without anyone following her. She hustled in and sent her bag through the metal detector; after she cleared the security checkpoint she looked back one last time, breathing a sigh of relief when she saw no one had followed her. "I have no idea what was so interesting about whoever was in that limo, but whoever it was saved my butt," she laughed as she hurried to her Congressman's office.

Katie walked into the office at 8:57 and immediately sought out the Congressman's chief of staff, apologizing for being late, "I know I was supposed to be here before 8:30, but my travel has been an absolute disaster."

Looking frazzled, the chief of staff told her, "As it happens, we've had to push the boss's announcement back two hours. We were all set to have him get out of his limo and walk a hundred feet to make his announcement speech at a scenic spot with the Capitol dome in the background; instead, now we're scrambling to get Emancipation Hall in the basement of the visitor center set up for the event."

Katie asked, "Why the change?"

"At the last minute we got word that some kind of protest was being planned. Apparently topless women, or maybe naked ones were going to pop out of cars near the site of his announcement and heckle him. Would've been a total shit-show. The press corps would've loved it, but the Congressman would've been a laughingstock. You just got here, did you see anything like that going on out there?"

"No, but I saw a lot of people clustered around one of the limos parked outside the building entrance."

"No matter, my deputy was out there waiting for Congressman Randall and called to warn me that he saw one of these women pull up in a small blue car, already topless! He thinks she chickened out at the last minute,"