Lake Star Darkwater Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Alii Nui
Alii Nui
43 Followers

Ciara glance darted to the Civilicus' pack which leaned against a wall, as always within easy reach. She nodded, not risking speech, lest her words halt Civilicus' unexpected narrative.

"Return of the godhead to my people, to the temple is the reason I have to go home."

One night, while still in the rainforest, Civilicus had awoken from a vi-sion of his father felled in battle. A great wound jagged and red zippered open across his belly.

"There are other reasons I must go back but returning the god to its resting place is paramount."

She nodded. "I can understand that."

Civilicus looked directly into her eyes. "During our journey together I've grown fond of you, girl. I would have you come back with me."

Ciara took in a sharp breath. Her eyes lost their dreamy look and her smooth brow knitted together. "What?"

"I'd have you remain by my side, if you wish it."

She smiled. But it was a sad expression. "Do you remember when you told me that all of Lake Dark Starwater is but a drop in the sea?"

"Aye."

"Is that true?"

"Yes. It's true."

"Is there no way to reach your home by land? To walk there?"

It was Civilicus' turn to smile. "No girl. The sea, the kai as my people cal it, is the only highway possible."

"I'm afraid of the big water," she admitted with a shiver despite the heat of the water.

"I know. But there are measures that could be taken. You could stay below decks. There are potions which could dull your senses during the journey."

Ciara nodded, considering the possibility and the hope of remaining with the man she'd come to both respect and love.

"But nothing has to be decided now," Civilicus pointed out. "There's time yet. Preparing for my return, once we reach Kraal, will take some time. I bring up the subject because it's something to consider."

"Yes. Something to consider." She squeezed shut here eyes and tears ran down her damp cheeks. She sniffed, wiped her eyes then moved from her place and waded over to Civilicus and settled into his embrace. "Make love to me."

Gently, he placed his big hand under her chin and moved his lips to her mouth, tasting the salty residue of her spilled tears a moment before her tongue slid over his teeth. His hand left her chin, moving down her throat to her sun-kissed breasts, the nipples knotted and hard from the water and the ef-fects of the pipeweed. They were flushed a deep pink.

She dropped a hand into the water, fingers seeking and finding his stiff-ening cock where it lie across his thigh. Moaning into his mouth, Ciara began to slowly stroke his shaft, moving her comparatively small hand up and down, pulling back the foreskin and revealing the bulbous head. Her fingernails lightly scraped over the sensitive flared knob. He grunted, pinching one of her nipples in reaction, then rolled his large body atop hers.

Ciara spread her legs, sighing into the extended kiss, as she felt the snout of Civilicus' glans thump her swollen clit before it slid between the blossom of her nether lips. She cried out as he entered her, the big cock once more taking her with authority and they began to move together. The water in the pool undulated with their movements. The flower petals rode the gentle waves as Ciara small sharp cries echoed softly across the chamber.

# # #

It was late afternoon and the skies had cleared as they rode along the broad spine of a ridge and passed one of the quarries which supplied the king-dom with granite. A small army of workers toiled to cleave away, shape, and transport the huge building stones which were the primary construction material of the great city of Kraal. The workers, both men and women, were primarily captives of war and criminals. Ciara was glad to leave the quarry and the sight of the miserable workers behind them as the King's Road lead into a grove of ironwood trees. An hour or so later they rode out from under the trees and looked down from a coastal hill at a long beach. Ciara sat transfixed in the saddle, so thoroughly stunned that her toes curled in her saddles.

The ocean spread out before her, arching out to the horizon bounding the world in a great semi-circle.

Its scale dwarfed anything Ciara had ever seen before. Mountains could be sunk in its tossing blue depths. Seabirds, gulls wheeling above the water in search of food, gave forth screeching cries.

Terrified, Ciara turned her sight from the Deep, her complexion pale be-neath her tan. Her mouth had compressed into a tight, thin, and trembling line. For the sake of her dignity, Civilicus pretended not to notice.

They rode on.

# # #

The city's official name was Kraal by the Sea. Commonly, it was known simply as Kraal.

The place was ancient in the extreme, built on the rubble of a still more ancient town, its name lost even in legend. The outer-wall protected the city in a high stone square. The wall stood as tall as ten men standing on each oth-ers shoulders and was wide enough at its top that the king could ride his four-horse chariot along its length.

"When I first came here, they were just removing the dirt ramp from the front wall," Civilicus said, looking with approval at the finished monumental stonework. "That was five years ago now."

"I'm beginning to think there's no where in this wide world that you ha-ven't been," Ciara said.

Civilicus smiled and looked across the space between their horses. "Oh, I'm sure there's a corner or two that's escaped my notice. Come, the city awaits."

#

"Civilicus, Lord High Admiral of the Ocean-Sea, comes once more into the court of M'fumi, King of K'ush and protector of the Outlands."

The deep voice of the court chamberlain died away within the royal great hall leaving a ringing silence in its wake. All eyes turned toward the big out-lander as he strode from the entryway up the long purple carpet to the high dais of the throne, where sat the king.

For a moment, Civilicus thought that M'fumi must have drank an elixir of youth. He appeared a good twenty to twenty-five years younger than when Civilicus had last seen the ruler two years in the past. Lean muscle graced his shoulders and long legs. His belly was plowed with highly defined abdominal muscles. His somewhat long but handsome face beardless.

Then Civilicus realized that, of course, the man before him was M'fumi senior's son, M'fumi the Younger. Although the realization brought up a whole host of questions, Civilicus kept his surprise from his face and his expression blank. Reaching the bottom tier of the dais, he prostrated himself, pressing his nose into the rich nap of the luxurious carpet. And waited. After a few mo-ments the king spoke.

"Arise, Lord Admiral."

Civilicus stood, bowing his head. "Thank you, your Highness."

The young man, Civilicus rapidly calculating realized the king was barely nineteen years old, smiled at him. "I haven't forgotten the high esteem in which my father held you, Lord Civilicus. He called you friend. I would do the same."

"And I would be honored that you do so, Highness. Please pardon the im-pertinence, Sire, but how come you to sit in your father's chair?"

There was a current of murmuring in the hall and the smile vanished from the teenager's face. His expression changed into a deep sadness. "My father, M'fumi the Great, is dead."

Civilicus face went tight and his brow rippled into a frown. "Pardon, Highness, but how?"

"Betrayal, Admiral. Rank and vile. It happened in the year you left us. My father invited the five conquered and vassal kings of the bordering outlands to come hunt with him. He felt it a good way to engender their loyalty. All ac-cepted the invitation. But they had plotted together, forming a foul plan of revolt and involving several K'ushite generals of my father's staff. To keep a bitter tale short, they killed him during the last day of the hunt. My mother too. I alone escaped the assassin's knife, if barely."

Unconsciously, the young king rubbed a puffy scar which bubbled down his right forearm.

"The vassal kings and the traitor generals sought to divide the empire my father had struggled so long to form. But before M'fumi the Great's death was six month's old I had recaptured his throne and put the plotters to death."

"My sympathies, Highness. May the souls of all oath-breakers be eaten by crows until the end of Time."

"Aye," M'fumi the Younger agreed. "But, the living must eventually let the dead bury the dead. K'ush prospers yet and the people are happy. Thus, I'm happy. And your exploits are still honored when folk sit and tell tales of he-roes."

"M'fumi the Great was a hero, Sire. I was only fortunate to be of some minor aid."

The king laughed and smiled, looking young again. "Modesty, Civilicus? Humble is not how I remember you."

He smiled back at the youth. "A man grows with the years or becomes more foolish, Sire. I have no wish to contradict you, yet while many others may de-serve the title of hero, I do not."

"Ha!" M'fumi exclaimed.

"You're the father of our modern navy. Because of your fearless ability to sail beyond sight of land and to steer the stars you and my father cleared our waters of pirates. The same tactic made it possible to land K'ushite troops hundreds of miles away, conquering distant tribes and doubling the Empire within three years, when it would've otherwise taken decades. If at all."

Civilicus offered no further resistance. It was true that he'd been uni-versally acclaimed for his part in the expansion. He'd become very popular. So popular, in fact, that when the King M'fumi had suggested that perhaps it was time he took up his quest again, Civilicus had quickly left the city. In state politics, it's never wise to rival the king in popularity.

"Your father deserves all the admiration. He was a great warrior. A wise man. Your mother an elephant woman."

M'fumi nodded. "Yes. But I've been remiss. Your quest took you from us. I hope your return signals success in that venture."

Civilicus nodded. "Aye, Majesty."

"Excellent." He stood and walked down the steps of the dais and slapped the Admiral's broad shoulder. "And with the quest done, I assume you're still intent on returning to your home across the sea."

"Yes, Sire. I've been away far too long."

"Yes. Nothing so well fits a man than his home. Well, your warehouses and goods remain as you left them, old friend. And your mansion awaits its master."

"Thank you, Sire."

"Tomorrow is the beginning of the celebrations of the new year, the Spring Festivals. You're invited to join us in the royal gardens. As my honored guest."

"It is I who am honored, Sire."

"Of course. I'm told you've brought a comely barbarian girl with you. Be sure to bring her along."

"Aye, Sire."

M'fumi laughed and gave him a wink. "By my oath, it's good to see you again. Your presence brings back memories and more carefree days."

# # #

Ciara paused with the silver goblet in her slender fingers and took a moment to look around the room, to really look. She saw the depth of the luxury accumulated there, from the intricately woven rugs on the expertly tiled mosaic floors, to the precious metal flatware and dishes. Every thing in the room spoke of richness.

"My village must've looked so squalid to your eyes," she said, looking across the low dining table at Civilicus where he sat on a nest of cushions.

"Not squalid, no," he said. "Most villages look like yours. This house, this city is the exception."

"Still. My inn must have seemed filthy to you."

He laughed and smiled. "Believe me, after surviving the blizzard, your inn seemed like paradise itself."

"You never cease to amaze me, Civilicus."

He smiled. "Nor you me. You're the talk of the city."

They'd been in Kraal nearly a week and already Ciara was a favorite at court. Her natural charm and charisma, not to mention her exotic beauty had won her the heart of the king and his courtiers. While Civilicus had spent his days buying and supplying a small squadron of ships, Ciara had been entertaining the K'ushites with tales of her homeland. The southerners had been fascinated by tales of snow-drifts and sleet and ice storms.

"Your fortune here is assured." Then his expression grew sober. "There are serious matters we must discuss."

Ciara sipped her wine, a red fruity drink she'd grown to like in the week they'd been in Kraal. "I'm not in the mood for serious matters. The whole city is in celebration. You, are the lone spoil-sport. You didn't even make it to the gardens at all last night. The king noted your absence." She stuck out her tongue at him and wrinkled her nose.

He chuckled despite himself. "Perhaps. But time grows short and there are things you must know."

She sighed. "Such as?"

He picked up a leather pouch from a cushion beside him. "These are impor-tant papers, the deed to this house and property. Maps of the lands I've trav-eled and descriptions of the folk met along the way. Letters of assets and let-ters of borrowers who owe my estate. You'll also find some less than flattering information about some very important people who would do much to keep it from coming to light. Handle this information like deadly poison, to be used only in your most desperate hour, if it ever comes to that."

He gave her the pouch and Ciara looked at it with curious eyes. Then she scowled. "Why're you giving this to me?"

"As I said, time growth short. The winds needed to carry me home won't prevail much longer, a couple of weeks, maybe a month at most. But, as you say, while all the city has been in gaiety, I've been busy. The ships are nearly ready. One more night's preparation and all my affairs will be in order. If I wish, I can sail with the early morning tide."

Ciara's expressive eyes widened in something akin to panic, her hands gripped the pouch tightly. "The morning? But you said it would take months."

"I know. Nevertheless, I'm ready now."

"But King M'fumi expects us in the gardens tonight."

"Yes," Civilicus nodded. "It's not wise to disappoint a king, unless you're leaving his kingdom."

They sat looking at one another, each aware that they had reached a cru-cial turning point. After a long pause, Civilicus spoke again. "The offer I made to you in the fort's bath house stands. I've obtained the necessary po-tions and herbs to ease your travel."

Ciara lowered her eyes and once more saw the view of the sea from the cliff beyond the quarry. She shivered and spoke in a small voice. "It's not only that I'm afraid to be on the sea, Civilicus. I'm afraid of the sea. And even if I weren't, you told me your home is an island surrounded by the water. I would live in terror every moment of my life there."

He nodded, as if expecting such an answer, his features blank. Ciara had come to know that was the expression he adopted when he wished to hide his true feelings. "Can't you stay with me?"

"I wish I could, girl. I truly do."

And she believed him still she pressed. "Why can't you?"

"I've told you. I must return the god. My home is in chaos. The Oracle, the Goddess of the temple inflicted me with a second-sight. I get fragments and visions of what has happened there in my absence and clouded pictures of what might happen if I do not return. I have to go back."

And it was her turn to nod. "Yes." Tears ran down her cheeks, she cried without sobs.

He ignored the tears and pushed a folded parchment letter across the ta-ble. "This is for the king, explaining my absence."

She nodded her blonde head, avoiding his glance. For a moment Civilicus saw her again in the inn, in her long skirts and apron, her white feet bare. The pipe between her lips as she sat on the long hearth.

"I love you," he said, in the tone of a man confessing a great crime. "If you change your mind be at the harbor before first light."

Then he stood and left the room.

#

The drums beat loud in the moonless night accompanied by thrilling flute-pipes, enthusiastically played.

And the people danced with abandon.

Before coming to Kraal, Ciara had never seen much less danced such dances before. But she'd learned during the first night of celebrations that the steps were no more than stylized sexual flirtation and exaggerated rutting movement and positions. While she might lack the cultural underpinnings which had devel-oped the wild ceremonial dances, she did know how to roll her hips, grind her pelvis, and thrust out her full breasts in a confident and arrogant display of sexual availability.

Her head dizzy with the mingled fumes of pipeweed and fruit-wine, she leapt into the circle of firelight, joining the other women danced before the delighted eyes of the men of court, who hooted in delight and clapped in en-couragement. She closed her eyes and began to move as if under the strong body of a lover, remembering the first time Civilicus had taken her.

With her lighter skin and flowing golden hair, many could not help but follow the barbarian's gyrations, note the sensuous rotation and hump of her round ass under her short wrap-around dancing skirt. The admiring eyes that followed her around the fire included the young king himself.

On the first night of the spring festivities he had felt himself lusting for the alien girl, wondering how it would feel to spear her with his manhood, to find his hands sunk into the pliant flesh of your appealing little heart-shaped bottom. However, she belonged to Civilicus and M'fumi did not believe in dallying with another man's woman.

But things had now changed.

The king had read the letter Ciara had given him before the celebrants had moved from the palace into the gardens. The contents had saddened him some-what. He genuinely liked the big merman, as had his father before him. And he was a decent enough man to feel obliged to Civilicus for his part in adding to the K'ushite kingdom. Now, the man was sailing away, before the Sun rose again, and apparently the girl was remaining behind. In his letter the admiral had asked the young king to look after her, a duty M'fumi found not odious in the least. His generous lips bunched the corners of his mouth as he felt his cock stir beneath his sarong, then he too leaped into the firelight.

There was an approving roar from the crowd and Ciara felt herself lifted, thrown over a hard muscled shoulder. She opened her eyes and found herself in the grasp of the King as they went crashing through the shrubbery, into the deep shadows of the royal gardens.

Ciara was pushed to a thick bed of ferns and she felt M'fumi's weight on her a moment later. His hand tugged, jerked up her short skirt, exposing her sex which she still maintained hairless. Away from the torches and firelight the king couldn't see her body, but he could feel her, smell her and her near-ness aroused him greatly.

M'fumi was big, not as wide as Civilicus, but longer. Ciara felt him force-thrust himself into her and she answered with a grinding of her sweaty hips, snarling as she felt herself endlessly filled to capacity. She just man-aged to stop herself from calling out Civilicus' name, as she felt a heavy balls sac slap her upturned as cheeks. She shuddered as the King's cock pulled nearly out of her then felt herself gush around his pole as he invaded her once more, his large lips kissing the side of her neck.

Ciara moaned, a part of her not wanting another man beside Civilicus to command her body into orgasm, but the weed and drink and dance and big cock conspired to make her body do what came naturally. Her throaty, moaning cry was lost in the bedlam of music and shouting, laughing voices of the celebrants. She squirmed and gyrated beneath the strong and youthful body of the king, mo-mentarily divorced from the great hurt of being parted from the man who had saved her from the monster Soren and seen her safely through the wilderness.

Alii Nui
Alii Nui
43 Followers