Learning Legaleez

Story Info
20 something Internet CEO falls for his 40 something lawyer.
2.1k words
4.47
16.6k
26
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

/*

READ THIS SYNOPSIS FIRST!

This is my first mature story. I welcome your comments.

Again, it is loosely based on my experiences with my attorney at the time...

I'm a 27-year-old tech guy in 1999, who left his job to start his own dot com.

Within a few months, the business is taking off with dozens of new customers and $10 million in fresh venture capital.

But now, a disgruntled employee is suing the company for $1M because he wants to sell his illiquid shares.

We join this crisis in progress...

*/

One Bad Apple

The new company was off and running, we had leased new space in tech ally, our core staff was in place, and release 1.0 of our new subscription service had launched. Everything was looking great. Our only issue was that one sour employee had hired his brother, an attorney, and they decided to launch a frivolous lawsuit against the company claiming more than $1 million in damages.

In my office, I was on the phone with my old boss asking him if he knew an attorney experienced with equity disputes, especially in tech startups.

"This is awful Mike," my old boss, Don, said in an apologetic tone. "Employees like that can ruin it for everyone else."

"I'm certain he wouldn't have brought the suit if his brother wasn't willing to do it for free," I complained. "This could cost us a couple hundred grand just to defend this."

"It could," Don replied, "But if you get a tough lawyer, it may force them to settle."

"I've used Jill Taylor over at Warren and Stern," Don advised, "She is an up and comer and smart as a whip."

"Is she experienced?" I asked.

"She's been litigating for almost 20 years," Don explained. "She's very experienced, and she wins cases. I'll call and make an introduction today and see if we can get you in with her yet this week."

I thanked Don for his help and hung up. Later that day, I saw a calendar invite for the following morning with Jill Taylor.

"Is this meeting confirmed?" I asked Sara my admin as I held up my blackberry and walked into her office.

Sarah looked at my phone and then answered, "Yes, I thought it was urgent, so I moved some things around and got you in first thing tomorrow.

"You are awesome!" I said, smiling at Sarah and walking back into my office to finish my work for the day.

Legally Speaking

It was 9 a.m. on a bright June morning as I waited in the lobby at Warren and Stern for Ms. Taylor. It was an impressive setting, on the 22nd floor, in the middle of the city. Large windows opened to the skyline and the light cast shadows on the expansive hard wood floors that are common in upscale law firms and venture capital firms.

I was sitting in a comfortable leather chair reading emails from my phone when I heard the click of high heels approaching. I looked up to see a stunning brunette approaching me with a purposeful walk. She had shoulder length hair, piercing blue eyes, and a friendly smile.

She was wearing a black pencil skirt, that hugged her curves and a white silk top with a conservative but somewhat revealing neckline. The white blouse contrasted nicely against her lightly tanned olive skin. Her tan indicated that she didn't spend all her time behind her desk. She looked early 40's but it was clear she was fit, given the cut of her skirt.

"Mike?" she said, holding out her hand as she approached.

"You must be Jill," I said, as I shook her hand. "Don says you're an ace."

"Don's a sweat heart, but don't tell him I said that!" Jill laughed, "Follow me back to my office.

I grabbed my small attaché and followed Jill across the lobby.

As we walked single file down the hallway to Jill's office, I was trying to sneak glimpses of her ass as it swayed while she walked. I have always been a legs and ass man. It goes back to my time as a caddy when I was 10 or 11 years old.

I quickly learned that caddying for women was more rewarding than caddying for men. There was nothing like walking behind a well healed woman with tan legs from a summer of golfing. The women were always so nice. They would always buy me snacks and a cold soda at the turn, and they tipped well. I also liked that they called me "Honey."

You might say that my career as a caddy shaped my taste in women. I loved tan legs that lead to a taught, athletic ass. Walking behind Jill, I found myself again looking at her tan legs wondering what they looked like in a bikini, maybe even a very small thong bikini. Jill looked back over her shoulder.

"Just a bit further," she smiled, catching my eyes rise from my obviously lowered gaze. I caught her eyes quickly flashing down my frame and then back up again, clearly signaling that she knew what I was doing.

"Damn, she's smart too," my mind's voice cautioned. "Her guy is one lucky bastard."

"Here we are," Jill said as we entered her office.

It was very neat and nicely appointed. Sunlight fell through the floor-to-ceiling windows. The complete lack of any files or other clutter was different from what I was expecting in a lawyer's office.

"Have a seat," Jill said, as she waved toward the chairs in front of a coffee table that faced a white couch against the windows. I waited for Jill to take her seat on the couch before I took my seat across from her in one of the chairs. Jill opened her leather-bound notebook and removed a pen from a holder inside.

"I'm sorry you find yourself in this dispute, Mike," Jill sympathized. "I can tell you that few of these cases go to court, but just as few get dropped without some effort."

"Please tell me your view of what's happening here," she continued.

"Let's see, where do I start," I collected my thoughts before I continued.

"So, I started the company almost a year ago, I guess. The first guys I hired were two great software engineers I had worked with in the past. We built a prototype and launched it on the internet about 6 months ago. Soon we had a bunch of customers, and we were growing our user base at a hundred percent per month."

"Wow, congratulations," Jill interjected, smiling warmly.

"Yeah, everything was going pretty well," I said, smiling back at her then looking down modestly.

"Our site got noticed by some pretty famous venture guys and we started taking term sheets. Within weeks we closed on our $10 million series A round at $50 million pre-money," I said, proudly. I really loved bragging about our pre-money valuation, it kind of felt like I was a big swinging..., well you know.

"$50 million, and what is your ownership position currently?" Jill asked.

"Eighty-one percent," I answered, quickly, anxious to display my $40 million net worth, even though it was illiquid. Jill didn't even look up from her notes.

"So, tell me about this dispute," Jill asked.

"I gave my two co-founders 50,000 shares each, which represents a fraction of a percent, but they weren't smart enough to ask for the total number of shares outstanding.

"Cole, this big, sloppy-assed, mama's boy, woke up one day and decided that his shares were worth a million fucking dollars. So, he calls his slack-jawed brother, who's an ambulance chaser that works out of a strip mall and probably has a single bare lightbulb swinging in his office. His genius brother is working for free because he's stupid enough to think they are going to win this fuckin' case.

"Now I've got to spend all this God-damned time fuckin' around with this mess when I should be focused on growing my business. If I could, I would shove both of these lard-asses into a wood chipper and be done with it."

I looked up from my diatribe to find Jill smiling at me while she chewed on the end of her pen. Her right leg was crossed over her left. Her right shoe was now hanging on her toe as she swung it back and forth. I smiled back, realizing that I had become rather unprofessional in my anger.

"Legally speaking, we call that passionate discourse," Jill smirked. "By all means feel free to speak freely here, Mike."

I laughed at Jill's dry humor and stopped to gain my composure. It was refreshing to have an attorney who had a quick wit. Especially when the attorney came in such an appealing package. During my pause, my mind wandered off course a bit wondering what it would be like to roll around naked with this woman. Clearly, she'd be demanding and adventurous, I thought.

"I hope you have brother's or a husband with a foul mouth," I said, using a quieter voice. "I shouldn't be talking like that in front of a lady."

"I don't have a husband. But I do have brothers, and I used to swear a blue streak as well as any of them," Jill laughed, "You don't have to worry about me, especially after a couple drinks, but you can't talk like that in front of his lawyer or a jury."

"No husband!" I thought. "How in the hell is this smoke show not married?"

"Well, I know that at some point, I'm going to need a drink, maybe we can get one together when this nonsense is over," I continued.

"Deal," Jill said, "Now let's discuss our next move."

"At this point, it's best if I reach out to his attorney and introduce myself as the person representing you in this matter," Jill said, speaking quickly and with authority, jumping back into full on professional mode.

"I will certainly indicate that we view his claim as baseless and we will move for summary judgement," Jill explained. "I don't think we should counter-sue under the terms of frivolity, that actually never works. We may need to meet again soon, after I talk to the other side."

"That would be a pleasure," I stumbled, "I mean, yes, of course, I'll make myself available."

Jill reached down and slid on her pump, then she rose from the couch and straightened her skirt, indicating that we were wrapping up.

"Is your cell best to reach you?" Jill asked, as she looked at her notes in her notebook again.

"Absolutely," I answered, standing, and walking to the center of her office.

"Let me walk you out," Jill offered, as she motioned toward her office door.

I waited to let her pass me, as she approached her left hand slid on my back with her right hand raised toward the door. Her hand on my back indicated to me that she wanted me to go first, it was a power move, but I liked it.

"Please, after you," I smiled, and raised my hand toward the door.

Jill took the cue and started toward the door. I was now in the position I desired, following Jill's perfect ass as she walked me back out to the lobby. Jill turned unexpectedly.

"Do you need to be validated?" she asked catching me looking low when I should have been looking higher.

"No, my mother provided me with very healthy self-esteem," I smiled, trying to charm my way out of being caught red handed.

"I don't envy her," Jill said, "something tells me you were able to get away with more than your fair share of mischief. I feel for her, she's probably my age."

"Your age?" I laughed, "I'm guessing you're not even thirty-five, and you don't have to answer."

"Well, here we are in the lobby, Mike." Jill said, smiling warmly, "I'll be in touch."

"Thanks for everything, Jill," I said as I shook her hand and turned to leave.

As I walked to my car, my mind was replaying the view of Jill on her couch. I imagined what it would be like to undress her in her office, surrounded by floor to ceiling windows. In my mind's eye, I could see her naked on her desk with a view of the skyline behind her. I'm in front of her, on my knees softly licking her between her firm thighs, warming her up before I moved to the main event.

Realizing I had just walked past my own car in the parking lot, I adjusted my path and tried to clear my head of the fantasy I was enjoying. My MILF attorney, Jill, had me in her spell.