Leaving Jackson County Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Yes, M'am," replied the brunette, the small laugh in her voice relaxed in a game they played, though not often enough.

Linda lie over Sue's lap after drawing the tails of the Hapi coat aside to snuggle on the slim legs encased in nylon. Her arms stretched out and lay flat on the floor, her toes straight and her ass up thrust.

"Oh, you think this a game, do you?" Sue's tone changed to become very stern. She held the hairbrush in her right hand and without warning or preparation slammed the heavy object onto the upturned cheek.

Her arm lifted and slammed down again and again. There was a suppressed fury in her assault

Linda's asscheeks at first had individual outlines of the brush head, then her skin turned a cherry red. The heat from her buttocks starting to radiate through her body. She felt her juices start to flow and she wriggled tempting Susan.

At first Linda smiled with the blows, then she squirmed and begged Sue to stop.

"Please, Darling. Please stop." As she said those words Linda slid to the floor and knelt looking up at Sue.

Taking the brush and placing it on the floor, Linda then took Sue's fingers in her hands to kiss her knuckles over and over. She loosened the sash of the Japanese robe and peeled the sides away to reveal the pale, slightly freckled flesh of her lover from her neck to her breasts.

She leaned forward and softly kissed each breast, drawing Sue's pink nipples between her lips and touching her tongue tip to first one then her twin.

Sue curled her fingers in Linda's short thick black hair, holding her close to her rapidly beating heart.

"I need you so much, Linda. I want to grow old with you."

She was confused in her mind now, what had caused her fury? What magic is in her lover's touch that she melts at her slightest caress?

"Take me to our bed now, Darling," Sue said as both rose to their feet and hand in hand walked to the stairs to the bed at which Sue now stared as she prepared for her journey she knew not exactly where.

Sue entered the shower and realized the memories had made her wet, inexplicably wet despite her efforts to deny her sexual need.

As the hot water rained down on her body, her fingers found her sex and she inserted two fingers over and over. She found herself removing the handheld shower nozzle and allowed the pulsating water attack her clitoris.

Almost ashamed with herself, Sue trembled in a long suppressed orgasm.

Sue nearly cried as she dried herself with a large towel then slipped into jeans and T back top.

Composed now, she took a light jacket she always wore when in civilian clothing to conceal the holster she also slung around her waist.

Hoisting her bag with ease, Sue turned to look over the house before locking the door behind her and starting on her newest journey.

The drive was typically dull and predictable. Leaving Jackson County she passed three Sherriff's units and waved as she sped past. Each of the officers had turned on their lights and burped the sirens to life. When she crossed the county line, however, she slowed to just barely nudging the accepted speed limit. Her credentials may get her out of tickets, but she was enough of a cop to not take unreasonable advantage.

Approaching the suburbs of Atlanta the traffic became horrible and Sue took to county roads to arrive at the only other real home she had ever known. Comfortable, and not quite antebellum in appearance, but sturdy and old. She remembered when eight years old her Daddy had packed she and Mother into his Buick and rolled into the driveway the first time she had seen it. It looked enormous and when she went up the stairs saw her name printed on one bedroom door on a Princess poster.

The room had changed many times over the years. Her fondest memory was the fight with her mother about the three gallons of matte black paint she had tried to smuggle into the house to redo it. Daddy had stepped in and made the decision of course. Sue barely noticed how he had so skillfully taken her mother's side without totally alienating his 16 year old daughter.

There was already a car in the driveway and Sue drove up next to it. Safe enough tonight. Mother would keep her car in the garage, and they could use what had to be Aunt Beth's rental.

Both older women came to the front door to greet Sue. Aunt Beth had always seemed larger than life and now was no exception. Slender, 5'11" in stockinged feet, she was an impressive tower of vibrancy in a salmon colored pant suit with a bright yellow silk scarf around her neck, and she managed somehow to stand in 4 inch matching pumps. Mother, six inches shorter, and a bit plump, though not fat by any means was much more conservatively dressed. Around her neck, however was a neon pink scarf also silk which had to be Beth's latest attempt to brighten her friend.

Just as Sue turned from retrieving her bag, Beth called out, "Su-pea! Welcome home."

That nickname! Only five people in the world knew of it. And that was largely due to Sue's efforts over the years to intimidate, cajole, beg and pummel schoolmates, cousins, other relatives and anyone she found to forget they had ever even heard it.

Sue hugged her mother then turned her attention to the irrepressible and formidable Aunt Beth.

"Couldn't find a hotel that would have you, I see," she said.

"None compare to the 'Georges Cinq', so I chose to allow your mother and father tend to my every need while I visit," the tall woman said in mock seriousness.

The obligatory exchange finished, they hugged and kissed all around. Somehow the courtesies and shows of true affection felt just right. Sue was usually much more reserved, and "on duty" at all times, but home and especially Aunt Beth made her feminine and cheerful.

The younger woman went to her room to unpack and quickly rejoined the others in the kitchen where the older women were laughing over cups of coffee.

"Oh my god, I thought I would pee myself when I saw that skinny redhead leering at you from the refrigerator then almost try to crawl into it when she saw Roger come out of your room in only those thin running shorts. I never dated her again. I think she reported me to the campus committee for unlesbian activities."

Both women were cackling like only the best of friends can when tears are clogging their eyes in laughter.

Again, Sue's eyes clouded. Then she brightened to say, "I certainly wish I had found a good friend from college, even if she is straight." She let out a long affected dramatic sigh as only a southern woman can, then burst into laughter with the older women.

"Sit down Su-pea. Your mother says your dad will be coming home tomorrow sometime late afternoon. What do you say, instead of rampaging through town tonight, we give the poor man some peace and postpone until tomorrow?" suggested Beth.

Claire then said, "Yes we can order in a pizza, I think there may be some beer and wine around, and just have a hair washing night."

"Pizza? Pizza? Soggy paper towels with ketchup are more appealing than those things you call pizza. I have pizza when I am in a pizza town like Chicago, or even New York," boomed Beth.

"I seem to recall you folks manage to cook a decent barbeque, I presume someone may deliver."

The matter of dinner decided by a majority of one the ladies settled down to talk their individual lives since last meeting altogether. Sue's mind wandered and was struck to realize the last time she had seen Beth was after Linda's official funeral.

Sue always had been aware that Beth had joined the military after college, but at the funeral she wore the uniform of an Air Force Colonel. Sue had never really had presence of mind enough to notice individual awards, but there had been an impressive 4 rows of ribbons under silver wings.

In fact, Beth Ann Collins, Colonel USAFR (ret) had taken on an even more difficult life than Clair, Roger, or any of her contemporaries knew nor could understand.

Beth mingled easily with the myriad of high ranking police officials who had also attended Linda's funeral. Some seemed to be on a first name basis. All of this had escaped the highly capable Detective Susan Adams.

No one ever really had the full details of Inspector Shannon's death. The official report gave accounts, but the witnesses were all civilians, untrained in observation, and frightened throughout the ordeal.

What was known was that Linda Shannon was in uniform. Her banking was usually handled by computer, she wanted to see the Trust Officer and emerged from a back office just as one robber had handed a note to Ann Grafton the customer service representative at the kiosk. There was a second man standing at the entry.

What would normally have been a quick transaction, to turn over whatever cash was available turned into tragedy. The bank had a policy to give the money and allow the robbery to proceed. With branch banking so prevalent, no one branch maintained much cash and the relatively small amounts were not worth injury.

One robber appeared nervous and when he caught sight of Inspector Shannon he grabbed at the closest person to him, a young woman very obviously pregnant. He then produced a gun and said no one would get hurt if he were allowed to escape. The hostage started to hyperventilate and cry. Linda approached them and said if he would release the girl, Linda would gladly take her place.

Police units were arriving on code 2, silently and blocking the driveways.

Just as the County SWAT team arrived the hostages began to leave by the front door. A quick head count and consultation with the manager, all the employees and customers were accounted for except Inspector Shannon.

The hostage negotiator tried to make contact by telephone and just as the first ring of the telephone at the front kiosk was heard in his headset three nearly simultaneous gunshots rang out from the interior.

Two "Flash-Bangs" and the glass doors were shattered to allow the SWAT team to make their assault of the interior. The methodical team made their accustomed sweep and after ascertaining there were no other persons in the bank, called for medical for two casualties. The second robber had attempted to blend in with the customers, abandoning his partner.

Susan had been on routine desk duties when Carol Wilson appeared at her desk and told her that Linda had been injured and taken to Jackson County Hospital. She raced there only to be met by Mike and Pat Gibson. Their daughter, Stephanie, was in scrubs and talking with them. Immediately Sue knew that Linda was dead. Stephanie would never have left Linda if there were any possible medical procedure remaining. Her next words surprised the assembled officers and medical staff. "Who has gone and gotten her children?"

Pat approached and said, "We dispatched supervisors to both their work places. They are on their way under escort." She put her arms around Sue and felt the younger woman shudder. When Joe and Miriam arrived both of Linda's grown children went immediately to Sue for information and comfort, brushing through the cluster of Police "Brass" and even ignoring Stephanie.

After the funeral with all the grand embellishments of a Police tribute Sue found herself sitting with Miriam and Joe at the catered dinner which was somewhat foreign to the southerners. Linda had migrated to Jackson county from Philadelphia, it was her wish that there be an open bar and not a tear. Everyone was obligated to down a straight shot of "Connemora" and Sue more than obliged.

The uncommon shade of blue uniform announced Beth's arrival at the table, and Sue introduced her as her Aunt Beth Ann. Within minutes the older woman had the trio laughing and recalling the best parts of Linda's life each had so briefly shared. She also skillfully moved glasses on the table to place ice water before Sue, which she drank instead of more whiskey.

"Sue-pea, I feel just terrible that your parents were in Europe just now, I do hope you can feel able to take what consolation you find with me."

Joe looked up when he heard Beth's name for Susan, he also looked down when his sister kicked his shin before his mouth formed around anything. That got them both laughing, and Miriam stated that they had best be leaving. Still living in the home their father had left them upon his death, they had to travel to the more upscale part of the county.

"Beth Ann, I hope you know just how happy our mother had been with Susan, we learned to love both of them nearly at the same time. Susan is our family, now and always," said Miriam as she rose and hugged Sue and Beth in turn.

"Don't you ever forget that, Miss Su---san," said Joe as he also hugged both women.

Now, once more Sue is at a low point in life and Aunt Beth is close with her wealth of understanding and skill.

It seemed that Sue was doing most of the talking, her mother was always a good listener, and surprisingly, Beth also listened more than interjected. Before anything of real importance had been said the dinner delivery came and they fell on the gooey hickory smoked pork.

Claire had changed into a short sleeved blouse and jeans, but Beth tore into the mess of barbeque, beans and coleslaw without getting one speck of anything on her light colored suit. Just the simple fact of enjoying a meal with her friends showed how much Beth enjoyed life. The fact suffused more than struck Sue. She laughed and enjoyed herself more than she had in months.

Claire brought out bottles of beers and they all drank and laughed until the food was finished, the trash piled for "later" and simply enjoyed each other's company.

Soon enough Claire declared it was past her bedtime as did Sue. Beth said she had some paperwork she needed to complete and asked if by chance there was an online access to the internet, almost ready to hear that Claire had no idea what she was talking about. Sue said there was a PC in her father's home office, one in her mother's room and both are linked by a wireless network. If working at the dining room table was more suitable Beth could use her laptop there.

"Thank you, ladies. Now get to bed we have a full day ahead of us tomorrow." Quietly said Beth Ann.

Sue helped her with the security access to the network and left for her room, her mother and Beth Ann still talking.

No sooner than she had looked around for her night gown than Sue realized she was not in the least tired. In fact she felt restless.

Changing into a skirt and tight tummy hugging top, she slipped into her kicks. She waited to listen for her mother to enter her room before quietly going downstairs.

BethAnn was concentrating on her computer and Sue let herself out the front door to avoid speaking with the older woman.

No sooner than she was searching in her purse for her keys than Beth came up silently and said, "Better take my rental, Su-pea. That thing makes quite a racket. And have some fun. If you sleep all day tomorrow I am sure Claire and I can find some of our own mischief."

Atlanta is a big city, and though Southern to the core, there were always "Cop Bars" added to that were also some where even the macho cops had a" live and let live attitude" about gays. Sue had come to know a few of them in the past from visits home, or with Linda when they traveled away from Jackson County. They also attended plays, and the museums around the south and also along the eastern seaboard when visiting Linda's relatives in Boston and Philadelphia.

One thing that always amused Sue about Linda was that she insisted on seeing a performance of "Rent" whenever they were in New York. Their second Christmas together Sue had given Linda a DVD of "Rent" and you would have thought she received the keys to Tiffany's.

Tonight Sue did not want to especially drink to excess, but to submerge herself in a part of her existence normally held in check. She did not especially want to find another woman, but was more or less open to the possibility. Her memories of sex with Linda had opened a flood gate of need in her, and if it could be staunched by some meaningless encounter so much the better.

With no particular destination, Sue looked to the seat next to her and noticed an open copy of the local "underground" newspaper.

Beth! Was she really anticipating local entertainment not exactly in arenas Claire, and hopefully definitely not Roger, might readily recommend? Not possible! Sue had a quiet laugh but noticed the page turned to a club she remembered.

She had to drive nearly around the city to find the place she remembered as being friendly and also a club where the Beretta 30 holstered at the small of her back was the norm. Dark, smoky despite the best efforts of the anti- smoking crowd and the better instincts of police officers who wanted to keep in good physical condition, Pirate's Den was exactly as she recalled.

Since the police work all sorts of shifts and days off it seemed every night was Friday night at those bars they chose to associate with their kinsmen. Sue was not especially under-dressed, nor overdressed, but simply looked like a girl out to have a good time.

She walked in confidently, and was recognized both by the waitress and male bartender as an infrequent visitor. Naturally, other eyes appraised her, and having the acceptance of the staff she soon was approached by a ruddy 6'3" city cop.

He offered her a drink, which she simply refused, but when he asked her to dance she showed her true colors and told him not to waste his time.

"Well, then, said the man. "Now I understand. And I will have you know I am not a loud rude donut eating flatfoot who thinks women should stay home and not even think of being cops.

"I happen to be a loud rude donut eating flatfoot who appreciates all coppers of all stripes and I now insist I buy your first drink in my favorite pub! By the way. Would you be interested in being introduced to my sister? But I do have to warn you. Everyone says I am the pretty child in the bunch."

That made Sue and the listeners at the nearest tables and the waitress laugh uproariously.

Even before she could accept, the waitress set down a vodka gimlet before Sue and a pint of ale for her companion.

"How did you know?" started Sue.

"Vodka gimlet extra lime, we remember ladies who dance on the bar until closing. And don't listen to that brain dead lout, I am the pretty sibling."

Sue looked at the other woman critically, almost as though she was going to dispute the comment, but only said, "No contest. Does everyone need glasses in this city?"

Another gale of laughter from the surrounding audience and Sue felt accepted and sipped her drink.

"Now then. Before I can make formal introductions I need to know more about you Miss ummm," said the large man.

"No, first you have to tell me your name, copper. Or do I have to take you out back and show you how we extract information from especially hard cases out to the woodsier districts of this state?" was Sue's reply

"Well, Kathleen, perhaps you should continue this line of inquiry," the large man said to the waitress who had joined them by sitting close to Sue.

"Pay no attention to that lug. His name is Sean, my baby brother. And as you no doubt heard I am Kathleen. But let me try my powers of recollection. Linda or Sue. You came as a couple several times. Yes Sue," said the pretty woman somewhat triumphantly.


When she noticed the mask cover Sue's face she looked at her brother and jerked her head to one side.

Gracefully, especially for such a big man, Sean quietly picked up his ale and returned to his perch at the end of the bar.

Kathleen placed her hand over Sue's and simply sat quietly before softly asking if she had done a terrible thing.

"No, how could you know? Linda died in the line of duty over a year ago. My life has not been the same since," Sue answered. She sipped her drink, but felt comfortable talking with this stranger.