Lena and the Robot Ch. 04

Story Info
Simi tells her backstory.
3.5k words
4.78
5k
5

Part 4 of the 10 part series

Updated 06/14/2023
Created 01/29/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 4

Final exams were coming up. Lena took to studying in the front room after classes, trying to finish the term paper required for her coursework. Simi understood; when she was home, she took over the chores, such as cleaning the kitchen like she was now. That left Lena free to study; Simi didn't need to. Lena wasn't sure if she considered Simi's brain hacking to be cheating, but she wisely kept her jealousy quietly under wraps, right next to her envy. After all, she didn't even know who to report something like this to, and who would believe it anyway? The tensions kept building up; then, one night while Lena tried to complete a particularly vexing assignment, her frustration boiled over.

Lena slammed her laptop shut. "Ugh! I just can't-" She glanced up at Simi, who was watching with concern. "These literature criticism theories are just...hard."

"That's college for you," Simi replied. "Sometimes it's like they want us to fail, to weed out the unworthy."

Lena snorted derisively. "You won't, little miss robot. You don't evenneed to go to class anymore."

Simi dismissed the implied criticism and nodded with understanding. "I still enjoy the company, Lena; I like being around people. And I have to put in the lecture and discussion time, just like everyone else." She returned to her cleaning, wiping crumbs off the kitchen counter. "I like the creative aspect of architecture most of all. Sure, I can analyze dimensions, calculate the variables involved in different structure types, and come up with efficient solutions to code requirements, but beauty isn't something quantifiable. Eye of the beholder. It takes a human touch, imagination."

Is it even possible to rile her up? Lena wondered, letting the silence stretch. A few moments went by before Lena finally asked the question that had been on her mind for weeks. "Simi? Why?"

"Why what?"

"You know what I mean," she pouted. "Why the robot thing? You haven't told me yet. I mean, I understand the point of downloading information, and completing classes faster, and fitness training, and putting programs in your head, but...there's other ways, right? Sowhy? Why even do it?"

Simi blinked at her, then shrugged. "You haven't asked." She deposited the sponge in the sink and came over to sit on the couch, giving Lena a 'do you really want to know?' look.

"Please, tell me."

Simi dropped her eyes toward her lap and sighed, putting her hands on her knees. "After high school, I didn't know what I wanted to do. I felt like I was being pulled in a hundred different directions, but no clear path. I wanted to go to college, but didn't know what to study, or how to start. There was all this...static in my head, you know? So many expectations from family, society, culture, so muchnoise. I was anxious, and scared, and helpless. I figured if I could clear out the clutter, even for just a day, I would see it, the way I needed to go. So, I took some time off for myself, just over a year; I traveled a bit, did a road trip or two, met up with some friends, but they were all moving on, getting ready for their futures, and I...wasn't."

"That's usually when something bad happens, isn't it? Or someone tries to take advantage of you?" Lena interjected, remembering her teenage years, when she received several stern warning lectures from her parents about typical youthful excesses and mistakes. "When you're most vulnerable?"

Simi nodded. "Some of them were the partying type, but I didn't want any of that. Drugs, alcohol, sex... just the worst stuff. From what I saw, it wasn't doing them any favors, so I kept moving. Then there was Kurt." She looked up at Lena. "He was the class uber-nerd in high school. I pity-dated him once back then; but when I saw him again, he was a new person; confident, clean-cut, was in a great tech program, and had a girlfriend he was hoping to marry. We went out for a friendly dinner, and I asked him his secret. It took him a while to confide in me, but when I opened up about how desperate I was, he finally told me."

"The suit?"

"He and his computer science friends designed it. It was supposed to be a joke, for fetish videos or something; you know how... repressed, and creative, some of those nerd types can be. They got a few electrical and software engineering majors from the local college to help build it, trying to make it work for real. But by the time they built the first two suits, they'd hit a wall with the programming, and most of them lost interest or didn't have time to help anymore. So, Kurt got them to give him the suits, and he kept working on them. Once he figured out the software problem, he compiled the program, designed a few apps, then started experimenting with one of the suits on himself: there's a male and a female version."

"And he just gave one to you?"

"Well, it's designed for a woman, after all. He said he'd been hoping to use it with his girlfriend, but he didn't think he could ever...you know,convince her to wear it," she narrowed her eyes with a sinister implication. "I think he was feeling guilty; he didn't want to be tempted by it anymore, so he was planning to destroy it. After I told him my story, he brought me back to their house and gave the female suit to me, to get rid of it. He also copied the software for me, and included a compiler to make apps." Simi sighed again. "Kurt's a good man, I hope he's happy."

Lena leaned close, patting her friend's hand in sympathy and encouragement. "So, what happened next?"

"I tried it on. My old laptop barely had enough power to run the program," Simi chuckled. "You should have seen me, hiding in a cheap motel room, trying to connect to their weak internet, frustrated as hell. Then..." a look of calm, peaceful joy spread over Simi's face. "It worked.She happened."

"Unit E27?"

"Um-hm. The suit made her, using me as a template, to help with my programming, like having a computer in my head. With her help, I was able to get myself straightened out. I decided on architecture, applied here, and...there you have it."

Lena moved to the couch beside Simi, and gave her a gentle hug. "Thank you for telling me, Simi," she said, smiling with understanding. "So, where do the updates come from? Does Kurt still send them?"

Simi shrugged. "I don't know, actually. The software was originally designed to link back to his system, but there haven't been any outside upgrades to it in a while. The program itself is pretty solid, and fairly intuitive; it's on my desktop computer. I have to put on the suit and sync up with it at least once a week, those are the 'maintenance updates' we've been doing. Most of the updates are for the apps; a lot of them are the same as on any cell phone; they're compatible. There are a few specialty apps, like physical fitness, that I had to write myself," she directed a sly smile at Lena. "After I downloaded a coding language library, of course. And E27 helps."

Lena gave a start. "She does?"

"Sheis the interface, after all," Simi confirmed. "I make a mental list during the week of what apps I need, and she either finds them, or writes them for me."

Lena felt dubious about letting E27 have that much freedom with Simi's mind; she still didn't know if she could fully trust Simi's robotic alter-ego. Then she held Simi at arm's length with a searching look. "You didn't really answer my question though: there are other ways to get what you have, do what you're doing. Whythis?" She tapped Simi's head with a fingertip.

"Because of how good it makes me feel, Lena," Simi explained, producing a huge smile. "Oh, I wish I could describe it to you, it's so...wonderful! The static in my head is gone; no worries, stress, uncertainty, misery; everything is clear now. I don't feel lost anymore, I'museful, I have purpose again. I was made for this; well, remade anyway. I'm not a burden on anyone anymore, I can do so many things now with all the apps I've installed, serve so many useful functions. I mean, people are basically robots these days anyway, they spend so much time looking at their phones, even in class. I don't have to; for all intents and purposes I'm my own mobile device; a walking, breathing, living supercomputer, powered by normal human bodily functions. And when I'm following my programming, there's no hesitation or doubt, I just do it."

Lena could see the appeal, but deep in her thoughts the temptation of being a mindless, obedient robot threatened to surface; she fought it down as the silence stretched out.

"There's...another reason," Simi said carefully, hesitating. Lena waited expectantly for her to continue, but a minute passed by before Simi stood up. "It's... a little embarrassing though. Let me show you?"

"Sure."

They returned to Simi's room, where she extracted the suit from its hidden hangar in the closet. She brought it over to the bed and unzipped the back. She paused, inhaling deep, then exhaled decisively and opened the suit, turning it inside-out to expose the circuitry for Lena to see.

"This is really... don't freak out, okay? Try to keep an open mind. Here, look at this," Woven into the gusset between the legs, Simi pointed out a thick, oval-shaped plate, as big as her thumb.

Lena stared at the gleaming metal button, eyes widening; it had a rounded bump in the middle. When Simi was wearing the suit, the plate would sit directly against her... "What is that?" she said accusingly, looking at Simi. But she already knew the answer.

"It's... a vibrator," Simi confirmed, nodding. "Also a neural transceiver, but a much bigger one." She stared at Lena while rubbing the plate with a finger. "It's a positive reinforcement device; when I obey my programming, the suit...rewards me."

"Sexually?" Lena gasped.

"Just a little bit of... feedback... for accomplishing any task," Simi said, shrugging with embarrassment.

Obedience earns pleasure, Lena thought. This thing was brainwashing Simi, using sexual stimulation to reinforce the programming! It was everything Lena had feared, everything she had fantasized about; every shred of anxiety she had experienced, and tried desperately to divest herself of, came crashing back in, and she recoiled. "That's...just..." Simi wasn't just reprogramming herself; she was using the suit to get off on it. A sensual tickle came from somewhere down in Lena's body, and she suppressed it.Not. Now.

"I know, I know, it's really weird," Simi said, agitated. She dropped the suit, and took Lena's hands in her own. "And I wasn't sure if you'd understand or not, but I wanted you to know. I'm sorry if I upset you," she glanced down dejectedly and squeezed her eyes shut.

Lena looked at her forlorn friend, took a breath, then gripped her hands tighter. "Simi, I... I get it," When Simi looked up, she continued, trying to be nonchalant. "I mean, the whole turning into a robot thing, helpless obedience, mind control..." Her mind replayed images and videos from the forbidden websites she'd accessed. "I supposed it could be kind of... kinky when I think about it. Isn't one of my fantasies, though."

Dear Lena, here's your Oscar for lying. Signed, the Academy...

Simi squeezed her hands back and smiled in relief at Lena's understanding. "It wasn't one of my mine either, at least not originally. But I did mention this thing was first made by a bunch of horny computer nerds and engineers, right? Is it that far-fetched to think they might have designed a few... extra features into their mind-altering suit? It's a nice bonus for me, to be sure," her lips twisted suggestively. Then she released Lena's fingers and picked up the suit again. "And here... additional kinetic nodes in the breast cups, too. They're all over the suit. And before you ask, no, it can't make you grow bigger boobs," she giggled knowingly, cupping and bouncing her own. "Besides, I'm happy with what I've got up here. It does give nice massages, though. Though it does make me wonder what they did for the male suit."

"They really thought this through, didn't they?" Lena shook her head, expressing her disgust with immature engineering geeks. Then she poked the metal plate with a finger. "So, when you obey commands, the suit... stimulates you?"

Simi nodded. "Um-hm, to reinforce my programming. The feedback is yummy, and once in a while," she added seductively, "better than the real thing."

Lena glanced at her, doubtful. She wasn't a virgin, but it had been a while since her last experience, with a boy she'd dated briefly out of high school; she hadn't come to college to be one of the party girls. "I don't remember seeingthat when you were in robot mode." Or had she? She recalled Simi's short, blissful shudder after making the bed.

"That's because E27's in charge then, remember? As a computer program, she doesn't register those physical feelings. Doesn't mean it wasn't doing anything to my body, though."

"So, while she's up front, doing her thing, you're..."

Simi shrugged awkwardly, "I'm in the background, sensing everything, getting a thrill. And, occasionally, cumming my virtual brains out."

Lena shook her head in mock disgust. "That's...way more than I needed to know. Sounds like the nerds weren't the only horny ones."

"Hey, you asked."

Lena stayed silent a moment, considering the possibilities, then frowned. "Doesn't that make a mess, though? In the suit?"

"Yes," Simi admitted. "I told you I had to clean it. Why do you think I always kick you out so fast after the programming sessions?"

"Ugh. It doesn't break anything, doing that?"

"Like I said, the suit's pretty robust, it can handle a little moisture. Don't want the person wearing it to get electrocuted, after all. A quick wipe down, sanitizing spray, and hang it up to air dry."

Another awkward silence descended, and Lena realized that Simi was gently stroking the suit material.Does she even see the look on her face, the distractedness, the fondness, the desire? Lena wondered. What would it feel like? Her brain screamed.

"I have to admit, I'm curious," Lena found herself saying. "It almost sounds worth a try."

Simi's mischievous side popped out, and she snatched the suit away from Lena's reach. "Hey, my suit, my sex toy. My Precious," she hissed jokingly. "Find your own."

"I don't suppose you want to show me then?" Lena suggested.

"Hmph," Simi made a negative sound. "What, you decided to 'switch sides'? I'm no exhibitionist, girl, you'll have to content yourself with knowing, not seeing."

At that moment, a furtive, completely unworthy thought invaded Lena's mind; she had given Simi a command before, would it work again? She should have suppressed the temptation, never allowed it access to her conscious mind, but before she could stop herself, she blurted out: "Unit E27, put on the suit."

Simi scoffed at her. "Yeah, right, I..." suddenly, the light drained from Simi's eyes, her face relaxing into obedient blankness, and she spoke in the deeper tones of E27: "Command confirmed." She stood, and immediately pulled her blouse over her head, tossing it aside before unclasping her bra.

Oh crap, oh crap, oh crap, oh crap! The smoldering heat in Lena's pussy burst into flame as Simi exposed her breasts. She wasn't hot from seeing the other woman's nudity; college locker rooms were no place for modesty, and she'd experimented with another girl in high school once. No, she had given Simi a command, and the woman was carrying it out, helplessly obeying her programming without a single ounce of concern or shame. But she's not wearing the suit! If Lena wanted proof that E27 was inside Simi's skull, or of the lingering effects of the suit's programming, this was it. Simi was clearly in robot mode, but the outfit lay in a wadded heap on the bed.

Simi hooked her thumbs through her waistband, and shoved both skirt and panties to the floor, exposing her body completely to Lena's gaze, finally confirming what Lena suspected: Simi wore it naked. It made sense: the transceivers, sensors, and nodes would require direct skin contact to work properly; even her body hair was shaved. Briefly she turned her head towards Lena, examined her with empty eyes, as if inviting Lena to scrutinize her bare body, before she reached for the suit, bent over, and began slipping it on over her feet.

What am I doing? Lena's inner voice quailed.I'm forcing her to do this! This is wrong! Why can't I stop? I should do something, say something! I should tell her to stop! But she realized that to do so would be giving Simi another order.Yes! Do it!

As Simi mechanically drew the fabric up her legs, Lena began shivering, watching as inch after inch of Simi's flesh was swallowed by the metal cloth. She began to imagine the suit as a living thing, flowing like mercury as it stretched to cover Simi's waist, stomach, and boobs in silver mesh, absorbing her into the machine. Simi stuck her arms into the sleeves, as if consciously dousing herself in the liquid metal, surrendering to the mind-altering allure of the suit. With the suit up to her neck, she reached back to tug on the zipper, slowly sealing her body inside. Now there was no more Simi, just Unit E27. This time Lena saw it: there was no mistaking the tremor that rippled across Simi's body as the suit rewarded her for obeying Lena's order. An echoing convulsion shook Lena, and she quickly covered her lower half in a blanket to hide the involuntary seepage of moisture from her own nether regions.

"Command completed." E27 intoned. Then Simi blinked, regaining control of herself. She looked down at her body, now clad in the tight gray garment, and turned to her housemate. "What the hell, Lena!" She yelled, with an accusing glare to match her flaring temper. "I said don't give me any more commands!"

Lena burst into tears, a mixture of shame, horror, and hot arousal. "I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" she sobbed. "I didn't mean to, I'm sorry!" She fervently repeated the apology, burying her face and guilt in the nearest pillow.What is wrong with me?

Simi stood glaring, waiting for Lena to pause so she could berate her further, but finally she knelt beside Lena and wrapped her arms around her. She held Lena tight for several minutes, letting the weeping subside. Finally, she pulled the pillow free from Lena's face, and sighed. "Look, I'm sorry I yelled at you, okay?" She tried to summon up a tentative smile. "We'll chalk it up to an accident. Just...don't do it again, okay?" She stood, tugged Lena to her feet, and wiped her tears away. "Now go. I need to change," then she glanced down at the suit, realized that Lena now knew her 'dirty little secret'. "And clean this thing," she added, smirking. "Dibs on the bathroom. I thought I turned that setting off..." her voice faded as Lena bolted out.

Embarrassed, Lena ran back to her bedroom, slamming the door. Then she slid to the floor and started crying again. A litany of condemnations looped through her mind:I broke my word, violated her trust, betrayed her. I commanded her, ordered her, forced her! I don't ever want to do that again! Never, never, never!

--------------------

Open.

Unit H38's eyes were open, absorbing her surroundings. Her mind sensed the patterns of light and images from the entire room around her. As a human she would have had to focus on a particular point for her brain to analyze and identify things, but as a robot everything was open to her at once; her vision was unfocused, but all-seeing. Every object was instantly processed, identified, named; its position relative to her body recorded.

The fan on the desk continued its endless, near-silent droning, pushing tiny invisible currents through the room. Before, Unit H38 would have ignored them, but now she noticed every movement: the flutter of a loose paper on her desk in the corner, a waving hair from her brush on the vanity, a particle of dust drifting through a stray sunbeam from the window.

12