Lessons from Days Gone By Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Yes, it is."

"It's very sweet of you to say that, though. I appreciate you coming over and helping me today," she said.

"It's no problem. Is that all you needed? I thought you said it might be a couple hours' worth of work," I replied.

"Yes, that's all the furniture I needed moved," she smiled. I studied her facial expression. I wasn't sure what to make of it. She'd never looked at me that way before.

"Oh, okay," I said as I sipped my Coke. I was getting nervous, as we continued to look at one another. I was afraid I was going to say something stupid.

"I just thought it might be nice to sit and talk. I really enjoying talking to you, even though you're constantly flirting with me or giving me the eye."

"Wow, am I that bad," I asked with a smile.

"Yes, you're pretty bad, but I think it's cute. I haven't had someone pay as much attention to me as you do in quite some time," she said.

"That's a real shame."

"Yes, it is. So, what do you want to do with your life," she asked.

"I want to be an engineer. I want to design and build things."

"That's a good goal. I'm sure you'll do great things," she smiled at me. "I'm going to have another glass of wine, would you like one?"

"Yeah, sure. That would be great," I said. She kicked off her pumps and walked to her kitchen. She soon returned.

"I say we have a little toast," she raised her glass. "To the future." Our glasses clinked together.

We sipped our wine in silence. I would occasionally look at her shapely, silky legs. How I yearned to touch and caress them. She caught me looking again and smiled.

"I do have something else you could do for me," she said. She looked at me in a way no other woman had until that point in my life.

"Sure. What do you need," I asked.

"My feet hurt. Would you massage them for me?"

"Uh, yeah, sure," I said, barely containing my excitement.

She repositioned herself on the couch so that she was resting against the armrest. She placed her nylon clad feet in my lap. I still remember the bright red of her toe nail polish through the reinforced toes of her light tan nylons.

I approached her feet nervously, as I'd never done that. I took one in my hands and began to slowly rub it. There was almost an electrical feel to the silky fabric as I touched her. I looked over at her.

She smiled and sipped her wine.

"First time, I guess," she asked.

"Yes," I managed to sputter.

"It feels really good. A good foot massage is a great way to keep a woman happy. Don't forget the other one. It's getting jealous," she said. I did as I was told and switched feet. When I did, I felt the one I had been rubbing start sliding against my suddenly hard dick. I was just wearing baggy jean shorts as I hated wearing underwear. To my virgin cock, I might as well have been wearing nothing at all.

"Someone likes what you're doing," she said.

"I'm sorry. It's embarrassing," I replied.

"You are just too sweet. There's nothing wrong with getting excited when you're with a woman. It's good for her ego, especially when all she's done is let you rub her feet," she smiled.

"I am enjoying myself," I admitted. "I love the way your feet feel in these nylons."

"Please, be my guest. You're doing great. My feet feel better already," she smiled.

I continued to rub and caress her soft, nylon covered feet as I looked at her. She casually sipped her wine and looked back at me. I wasn't sure where this was headed, but I was very eager to find out. My hands gradually worked their way up past her ankles. I was dying to run my hands over her calves, as I'd always admired them. I was not disappointed, they were so supple and sexy. My hands made it to her knees and I ran my hands around the back of them. I soon learned she was quite sensitive there. Her expression changed and she pursed her lips in surprise.

"Let's not get too carried away. Let's just focus on my calves right now. That felt great," she said.

I was disappointed with her halting my exploration, but I reminded myself that my hands on a very sexy woman. She'd asked me to and she told me I was making her feel good. She was in control and I was totally under her spell.

"Mmmm. Yeah, just like that. You're catching on very fast," she purred.

I smiled at her for her compliment and really wanted to make her happy. Her toes had found my cock again. She poked and teased me with them. I would have given anything to have her little toes on my bare cock.

"That feels like quite the cock you have in there," she said. That was the first time I'd heard her say something even vaguely profane. It drove me crazy hearing her say that, especially since it was mine she was talking about.

"You want to see it," I asked hopefully.

"All in due time, Michael." That still caught me off guard. Only my mother called me that. "We need to have a little talk first."

"About what," I asked.

"Have you ever been with a woman?"

I felt my chest tighten. "No, I haven't. Only kissed a few. Like I said, I'm really shy with girls."

"You've been pretty forward with me," she said, her eyebrows raised.

"I can't really explain it. I'm just really at ease with you, which is strange since you're the sexiest woman I've ever met."

"You've already got your foot in the door, mister. You don't have to keep piling on the bullshit," she said.

"You are though," I replied.

"Thank you, Michael. You don't know how good it feels to hear that. I've had a hard time since Steve and I split up."

"Why did you," I asked.

"Sweetie, he left me for another woman. She was about your age. A waitress in a bar. He thought she was an improvement over me," she explained. Her continued pain over her divorce was evident on her face.

"What an idiot," I said.

"Yeah. I guess. I mean we'd been married almost 15 years. I stayed with him even despite the fact he couldn't give me babies," she said sadly.

"I'm sorry, Laura," I said sadly. How anyone could walk away from her, I couldn't imagine.

"Thank you, Michael." She reached down and took my hand.

"So, why not find a new guy and have babies," I asked.

"I'm a little old for babies now. My body isn't working the way it used to. I've accepted that fact. I have my charities. That's what makes me happy," she smiled.

"Laura, I don't mean to be nosey, but you don't seem to really work. I'm just 18, but this house must have cost a fortune," I said.

A big smile appeared on her face, "You don't mean to be nosey. Michael, if you ever have any questions, feel free to ask, okay?" I nodded at her, before she continued. "Have you ever heard the name J. Walter Pettyjohn?"

"Of course. There's a huge building downtown named after him. He invented some type of circuit board. We studied about him in a business class I took," I said.

"Yeah, that's close enough. I don't really understand what it was either, but it made him extremely wealthy," she said.

"Yeah, I can imagine, but what's that got to do with you, Laura?"

"He was my grandfather," she smiled.

"You're joking?"

"No, I'm not," she said.

"So, you don't have to work then?"

"No, just on things I want to, like my charities," she replied.

"That's crazy. I never would've imagined. He was worth several hundred million dollars, wasn't he," I asked.

"Yes, and then some," she nodded.

"Does it make you feel weird," I asked. I couldn't imagine growing up like that.

"It used to. I hated being the rich girl. My parents sent me and my sister Veronica to private schools with girls from other well-off families. Most of them were spoiled, little bitches and it was completely impossible to be around them. Roni and I always felt out of place. That's why, when Daddy passed away and I finished college, I started my charities. I wanted to use our money to make the world a better place," she said.

"That's really cool," I smiled.

"Thank you. I appreciate that. I also appreciate that the entire time you were hearing my life story, you have not stopped massaging my feet," she smiled.

"I was enjoying myself," I said.

"You just might be a keeper, mister."

"I hope so," I laughed.

"Gosh, it's almost 4, do you need to be anywhere?"

"No, I'm enjoying what I'm doing right now," I replied.

"Are you sure," she asked.

"Yeah. I'm sure."

"Won't your mother be expecting you for dinner, especially with you moving away in a couple months," she asked.

"No, she went to the office. She probably won't be home until late," I said sadly.

"Oh. She works a lot," Laura asked.

"Yeah, it's kind of complicated," I replied.

"It sounds like we have time. I'm a good listener. Especially when I'm getting my feet rubbed," she grinned.

"Are you sure," I asked.

"Yes, but why don't you get us another glass of wine first?"

"Sure," I said as she handed me her empty glass. I found the bottle in the kitchen and refilled our glasses.

When I returned to the couch, I handed her glass to her and her silky little feet returned to my lap.

"Now, tell me what's on your mind," she said.

I told her about losing my dad and how my mom had buried herself in work since then. I even explained my boyfriend theory. She nodded her understanding as she took my hand and gave me a reassuring smile.

"Michael, I know it's hard for you. Grief is a difficult thing, and not everyone deals with it the same way. Maybe you let it all out last fall playing football, because that's something you and your father had in common. It's different with your mother. You just need to be strong for her and continue to try for her. It will get better. I promise you," Laura said.

"Okay. Laura. Thanks for listening to me," I said.

"Anytime, sweetie," she smiled. "It's almost six now, you should be going. I'm leaving for a few days and I need to pack."

"Okay," I smiled.

She scooted down the couch and took my hands in hers.

"I still can't believe that I'm doing any of this." She leaned her head back and sighed. "But you have made me feel really good about myself again. I know I should stop myself, since you're, let's just say a 'little' younger than me, but I don't really want to," she smiled wickedly.

I looked at her not knowing what to say.

"You don't know how good it's felt to have your eyes never leave me and hear the things you've said, even as ridiculous as they are," she smiled.

"Hey, those were all true," I interjected.

"Whatever!"

"Laura, you are the sexiest woman I've ever seen," I said confidently.

"I don't believe you for a second, but you don't know how that makes me feel. I've been dressing a lot sexier than I normally do since Steve left. You're the only one that's seemed to notice, under the age of 60 that is," she smiled.

"I don't believe that."

"It's true. I like who noticed though," she said. I remember reading something one time about someone having hunger in their eyes. I never knew what that meant until that night. "Michael, if you will just be patient, I think you and I can have some wonderful experiences together."

I stared at her in disbelief. "Laura, are you serious?"

"Yes, Michael, I'm very serious, but remember I said patient. I also expect you to be very discreet," she said seriously.

"Yes, of course," I said.

"Come on, let me walk you out," she said. She took my hand and led me to the door.

She stopped and looked up to me. Not being in heels, I was a good 8 or 9 inches taller than her. She wrapped her arms around my waist and hugged me. She put her head against my chest. Finally, she looked up. I knew what she wanted, so I leaned my head down and kissed her bright red lips.

"Really," she asked.

"What?"

"Kiss me like you've been thinking about," she demanded.

"Okay," I smiled. I leaned down and kissed her again. It was quite the experience. No one had ever kissed me like she did. I felt like I was floating as our tongues met and twirled. Finally, she broke away.

"That was much better. You're pretty good at that," she smiled.

I was giddy, "You're pretty good, too."

"I've had a bit more practice," she smiled.

"Yeah, I suppose so," I said as she opened the door for me. "See you on Friday?"

"Yes, see you on Friday. Have a good week." She took my hand and lightly squeezed it.

"You too, Laura. Have a safe trip." I turned to walk down the sidewalk to my truck.

"Thank you. Oh, you might want to wipe that lipstick off before you get home to your mother," she called after me. When I turned around, she'd already walked back inside. I got to my truck and looked in the rearview mirror. Sure enough, I had bright red lipstick smeared all over my lips. I grabbed a gym towel that was lying in the seat and quickly wiped it off. I started my truck and drove off. I couldn't believe what had happened and what the future could hold. I looked forward to it.

The coming week dragged on slowly, as I waited to see Laura on Friday. I thought of her constantly. I reminded myself to be patient, as she'd repeatedly said. I was certain that it would be worth it. To my disappointment, she wasn't home on Friday morning. I'd finished mowing before I realized it. I checked my pager and saw a number I didn't recognize. I guess I'd got the page when I was on the mower. I hoped it was from Laura. Damn, I needed to find a pay phone.

I pulled into a gas station since the truck and mower both needed fuel. After they were both topped off, I walked over to the pay phone and dropped in my quarter, before dialing the number. A lady answered the phone.

"Worldwide Charities, this is Alicia speaking. How may I direct your call?" The voice said. It must have been Laura then.

"Yes ma'am. I was trying to reach Laura Parker, please." I replied.

"May I tell her who's calling," Alicia asked.

"Yes. I'm Michael Tanner," I replied.

"One moment, please."

I heard the line click as the call was transferred. It couldn't have been more than 10 seconds, but it seemed like an hour before she picked up.

"Hello, Michael. I was beginning to wonder," she said. Her warm tone gave me a shiver.

"Sorry, I missed the page," I explained.

"It's okay. I'm sorry I missed you this morning, but being out of town this week, I had some catching up to do at the office," she said.

"I understand," I said.

"Do you have plans tonight," she asked.

"No, nothing that I wouldn't cancel for you," I replied, as smoothly as an 18-year-old virgin could manage.

"Is that so? In that case, why don't you be at my front door at 7, sharp," she said.

"Sure. Am I taking you to dinner," I asked hopefully.

"No, I'm making you dinner."

"Okay. Sounds great," I said.

"Good. I'm looking forward to seeing you again," she said.

"Yes. Me too," I agreed enthusiastically.

"Goodbye, Michael."

"Yes, bye."

Damn I thought. I certainly couldn't wait to see her again. I busted my butt the rest of the day to get done as early as I could, finally finishing a little after four. I thought I should bring her something, but I couldn't think of anything. What could I get a woman that had more money than she knew what do with? I finally decided I would take her some roses. She had numerous large rose bushes, so I assumed she'd like that. I stopped by a florist and a helpful sales girl loaded me up with a dozen and relieved me of my earnings from one of the yards I'd mowed.

I stopped by home to shower and change clothes. I checked the answering machine and I saw there was a message from Mom. She apologized and said she wouldn't be home until 10. Of course, I thought. I left her a note on the fridge saying I had a date and I'd be home before too late. I showered and dressed. I put on a button up shirt and slacks. I knew Laura would be looking her best and I wanted to as well. I debated briefly before I put on a tie and jacket, as well.

I left the house and made the drive over to her house. I was early, so I drove around her neighborhood for a while. I pulled up right on time. I rang the doorbell, and the intercom buzzed.

"It's unlocked. Come in," she said.

When I entered, I could smell something delicious. I followed the smell to the kitchen. She was just putting food on the plates. It looked like a delicious stir fry.

"Talk about a man with timing," she smiled. I stopped in the entryway and admired her. She was wearing a dark blue, wraparound dress. It looked like it had been made for her personally, it fit her so well. A single strand of pearls hung from her neck.

"I couldn't be late to see you," I answered with a smile.

"I like to hear that. Oh, and roses. That's very thoughtful. They're beautiful," she smiled.

"Like you," I said walking over to her.

"Would you stop," she laughed. "Why don't you open the wine. The corkscrew is in the top drawer over there." She pointed to the location.

Her kitchen was immense. My parent's kitchen was pretty impressive, as they'd both loved cooking, but this one was more than I'd ever imagined. I'd been amazed the previous weekend, when I saw it the first time. I found the cork screw and opened the wine. She walked up beside me with glasses in her hands, before she sat them on the countertop.

"You should let the wine breathe for just a minute. Besides, you missed an important step when you got here," she smiled. I knew immediately what that was and took her in my arms. We kissed slowly and deeply. I rubbed my hands up and down her back. I loved the way her silky dress felt, but not as much as the way she felt under it.

"Mmmm," she said. "That was wonderful. I think we should eat. We can have dessert later," she smiled.

My mind was reeling from kissing her. I was certainly looking forward to dessert. I poured the wine and she took the glasses. I picked up our plates and followed her to the dining room, placing them where she already had silverware set. Having watched too many old movies growing up, I moved to pull out her chair for her. She smiled and touched my cheek.

"And people say that gentlemen are all dead and gone," she laughed.

I took my place to her right. She raised her glass.

"To the start of new adventures," she said. Our glasses clinked together. We each took a sip. I looked at her beautiful face, and she caught me watching.

"What," she asked.

"Nothing. I just like looking at you, Laura," I smiled.

"I'm glad you do. Now, try your food," she insisted.

I was not surprised the food was absolutely delicious. I ate as quickly as conversation and politeness would allow. She told me about her trip to New York earlier in the week.

"I've always wanted to go," I admitted.

"Really? I go once a month," she replied.

"Wow. That's awesome," I said.

"You should come with me some time," she smiled.

"Seriously?"

"Of course. We won't even have to fly commercial," she grinned.

"You have your own airplane," I asked in disbelief.

She simply nodded, as she swirled her wine in her glass.

"I can't believe that," I said.

"I love to travel, so it's useful," she smiled simply.

I looked across the table at her and I had to smile. I couldn't believe that I was in the situation I was. Just a few weeks before, I'd met her trying to get lawn work. Now she was offering to take me to New York with her in her private jet.

"Let's clear the table and get another glass of wine," she suggested.

I stood up, grabbing the plates and silverware. We walked to the kitchen and I put everything in the sink. She handed me the wine glasses to pour. I handed her glass to her.

"Let me rinse those plates off," I said.

"You're too much," she laughed.

"What? I wash dishes at home all the time. I don't want the sauce to stick. Those plates look expensive."

"You're going to make someone a great husband someday," she laughed, as I cleaned the dishes.

"You think so, huh," I asked.

"Yes, I do." She reached for my hand and pulled me to her. Our lips met and we kissed passionately. My hands roamed over her back and shoulders. Eventually, down to her magnificent ass. It was perfectly firm. She broke our kissing.