Let Go

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Bev learned some of the local language and one of her favorite phrases meant, "Let's get into the pool naked and fool around." At fifty-six, Beverly could still rock a bikini. When she bothered to wear one.

1...456789
Please rate this story
The author would appreciate your feedback.
  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
867 Comments
AnonymousAnonymous1 day ago

Lmao, the author even refers to other stories as his inspiration (Bigguy 33) and if you go look at comments for those stories you can see them being universally hated by readers. that's the funniest part: why would anyone try to copy, almost word for word, something that already failed and was hated? And this is supposedly one of the best writers here? Pls, bitch!

AnonymousAnonymous1 day ago

It was good story until chapter 5 (though he should've pushed the suit until it became public record and gone to work for Koreans instead of for Sal), when it completely derailed.

Dave let Beverly in way too easy, he did a complete 180 in his attitude and behaviour towards her compared to just the page before. The marriage was dead and it suddenly revived without any problems? Why was Marsha suddenly instantly delegated from a seductress into a child? How did Bev suddenly become the wife she needed to be when she couldn't be arsed to do that for the 17 years before?

HOW DID BEV SUDDENLY EASILY TAKE OVER EVERYTHING IN JUST A FEW PARAGRAPHS??? WHY did Dave let her? Out of nowhere eliminating any and all competition for Dave's heart and turning that competition into a child in order to weaponize her in her quest to get her little doormat back? Dafuq? You really expect us to swallow this shit?

Honestly, the main character went from a strong character that suddenly found his balls and his peace under the sun what he was before: a doormat for his wife.

Honestly, that sank this story, it jumped the shark.

The only way the story would've been saved would've been a divorce. Dave going on and finding someone that actually loves, respects and cherishes him; and Beverly staying with her true love or at least finding another doormat that is willing to be the second choir. Dave DESERVED to be free of her, even if that meant staying single.

Also what happened with the car he was restoring? Did it suddenly vanish into thin air?

I've been binge-reading your stories and many of them are really good, but this one has probably the shakiest legs of all.

There's also the constant jarring transitions from 3rd person into 1st person.

I loved this story at start, it had a nice vengeance feel, but was destroyed by sudden and unexplained complete 180 in the main character's actions that went against all he was before that. 2/5

AnonymousAnonymous2 days ago

I liked this story for the most part, but a couple of continuity errors bothered me. One, she kept talking like she was 50 (can't have babies) when it appeared they had been together since they were 19 and only married for less than 10 years. I thought she was in her mid 30s, maybe 40 and certainly young enough to have babies (and did eventually), so that confused me.

And two, we had a wonderful interlude about the car he was trying to rebuild and she rather smartly went out and found a part he needed which she was presumably going to gift him and then that subplot never happened, including her giving him the part he needed.

But other than that, I liked the story.

tonylynch1960tonylynch19606 days ago

Enjoyed reading this.

TheRisingPoleTheRisingPole7 days ago

DAMMIT, I came here to get horny not to CRY!!!

AnonymousAnonymous9 days ago

Well written and entertaining but was really like two stories pasted together. It wasn't like there was that much of a marriage left to save. On the other hand neither torched it, it was jsut dying from asphyxiation. So when they actively gave it water and oxygen, it thrived again, but only with the two kids as glue during the difficult transition.

Schwanze1Schwanze110 days ago

Read again. Well written but how you ever going to trust that bitch again

chiefhalchiefhal11 days ago

Loved the story; but, I almost got whiplash going from 1st person, to third. It needs a cleanup.

Thank you.

scurvy4scurvy417 days ago

Very enjoyable story.

It would be nice to have more story about what happens to them over the years with the girls after they move in (i.e. before the epilogue-like fast forward portions near the end).

The author had issues with point of view in the writing. I saw multiple places where (even in the same sentence) it said, for example, both "I" and "she". Possibly written from one point of view and then changed to another and some places were missed. Kind of confusing and it took a bit to understand in a few places. I know it can be hard to keep re-reading your own prose to check for issues - that is where a good editor can help.

AnonymousAnonymous20 days ago

Verra verra nais. Thanks for this one Q, a strong showing.

AnonymousAnonymous23 days ago

I have to agree with “xtrail65” on this one. It’s

amazing how some otherwise rational people get their hackles up because a piece of

“FICTION” doesn’t fit into their concept of what is possible. Evidently they just can’t fathom the concept of a completely fake, made-up, totally

Not Real story. God, their world must be so boring. I mean, no TV, no movies, no novels,

Nothing that isn’t totally real, possible, with no hint of “couldn’t happen” in their narrow little minds. What a sad existence. … Sorry, off my soapbox now. I love this story, Q, I think this is my third or fourth read. Keep up the great work. Five stars.

mndhanson017mndhanson01724 days ago

I find it amusing how some just assume she cheated, instead of actually working her way up and then because they got back together with no cheating involved, he's a cuck smh to the anonymous in the crowd. Probably are likely the ones with nobody.

xtrail65xtrail6525 days ago

FFS, some people really need to get a grip and understand the concept of fiction and literary licence. Just enjoy the story for what it is. A beautiful romantic piece of fiction.

AnonymousAnonymous25 days ago

It simply didn't happen.

CEOs have more pressing matters to attend to and don't handle such issues. Depending upon the actual organisational structure, maybe if they were the VP of Sales ... but in that case it's very unlikely that the husband and wife would be allowed to work so closely together. Larger companies typically have stringent rules in place, and HR departments are tasked with addressing these matters to prevent disgruntled former employees from suing for discrimination.

It's amusing that commenters are upset over Beverley, a fictional character, when it's the author who's orchestrating her actions, making her behave in ways that are unrealistic and absurd. The company where the commenter from three days ago, is claiming to be the CFO must be in trouble if they cannot differentiate between fiction and reality, especially when their criticisms should be focused on the implausibility of the actions attributed to Beverly's character rather than just being blatantly misogyny towards a fictional character.

AnonymousAnonymous28 days ago

I came to read an erotic story, read 9 pages of a love story and didn’t regret a single page. Fantastic read and thank you for writing it :)

AnonymousAnonymous28 days ago

Remarkably dumb RAAC. No way a confident professional would stay with a narcissistic and incompetent woman like her. I'm reminded of the phrase "Arrogant AND stupid, how EFFICIENT of you."

Unthinking, uncaring, precipitate, everything a good CEO and a good spouse is NOT. Even the arbiter handed the wife her ass. She was so egotistical she didn't even follow her own firm's HR policy.

Not only should she have been fired, whoever recommended her for the position should be under a microscope. "Did she SLEEP her way up?

" would be an honest question after a cock-up this huge. I am a CFO, and if I fucked up this badly the Board would not be happy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Wonder who the real father of bevs baby was .

Another sorry cuck tale .

jjfronjjfronabout 1 month ago

Spectacular...other than jumping from first person to third person. Improper pronouns from time to time.

Loved reading this story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Good story overall. The only question is why would a good looking confident man stay with such a ballbuster wife for so long? And, after she fired him so ruthlessly, why on earth would he recocile with her? He doesnt seem like a submissive or into FLRs or femdom. I think the author really had reconciliation as agoal, but as written the barriers to that were to high.

Dubby49Dubby49about 1 month ago

Like Psychman24 I found the frequent switched from 3rd to 1st person in the same sentence quite jarring.

JohnCKnightJohnCKnightabout 1 month ago

I really enjoyed this thank you. Recently went through a six month separation. I needed a LW that wasn't a BTB.

Show More
Share this Story

Similar Stories

An Unexpected Reaction To an unacceptable situation.in Loving Wives
Irish Eyes His love was betrayed, what next.in Romance
You Can Go Home Again She destroyed his life. Can she build it back again?in Loving Wives
Aiding and Abetting The good guys don't always finish last.in Romance
The Unicorn An average guy. A retired model worth millions. Can it work?in Loving Wives
More Stories