Lex and Petra

Story Info
Centuries later, Lex finds his soulmate.
6.6k words
4.79
8.2k
16
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Bellie444
Bellie444
1,864 Followers

Just a random small love tale. Sorry for the long absence. Things have been busy. This was written as compensation for not submitting my Halloween entry and I never got around to posting it till now.

****

Petra was very comfortable on Eugene's bed, the TV humming in the background. His place was nice, with unobstructed views overlooking the city. After dinner, they retreated inside to watch a movie. Eugene had asked, in a bantering way, for Petra to tell him something he didn't know about her.

"I wake up and I'm somewhere else," Petra said.

Eugene was startled. "You sleepwalk?"

"No, it's a recurring dream," Petra sighed. "It's always the same. I wake up in the dream, and I'm somewhere else."

Humour rippled across Eugene's face. "Where?"

"Don't know," she shrugged. "A place I don't recognise."

Eugene smiled. "I'd better cancel our travel plans."

"No like..." Petra waved her hands. "Not here. Not in this world."

"Is it Hell?" he asked. "Am I there?"

"No, you're not there."

"So, it is Hell!"

Petra slapped his shoulder. "I'm trying to be vulnerable!"

"With a pretty tame dream," Eugene said. "Sorry. I don't mean to be insensitive."

"Yes, you do."

"Okay, I'm an ass. Why haven't you seen someone about it?" He paused thoughtfully. "What does this new world look like?"

Petra thought about it. "It's...colourless. And old, like there's no modern civilisation."

"Lucky I'm not there," Eugene chuckled. "I presume you're alone? Or is this one of those little fantasies where you get to have it off with another guy, and it's not cheating?"

Petra looked down. "That's the scary part. I'm not alone."

"Whoa, baby!"

Petra glared. "Eugene!"

Eugene took her hand. "I'm sorry, I was just being light-hearted. No more jokes." He took a deep breath to suppress the humour bubbling up. "Tell me again, from the beginning."

"I wake up and I don't recognise anything," Petra said, toying with his hand. "It's the same room, in a lone house, or something. There's a ton of trees outside. It's cold but there's a fire going." She swallowed. "And I see this guy, his back is to me. He's a big dude."

"A fatty, like me?" Eugene asked, magically deadpan.

"No, all muscle."

Eugene playfully narrowed his eyes. "This reeks of payback."

"No," Petra said, though she smiled. "It's not like that. He's intimidating...threatening. I'm afraid. And I always wake up before he turns around."

"How many times have you had this dream?"

"My whole life. Not every night, or anything. At least once a month."

"That's quite significant." Puzzled, Eugene looked aside. "We've been together more than a year and you never said anything."

"I'm telling you now."

"Okay," he said slowly. "Thanks for sharing, I guess? You should see someone. I'd be curious to know what it means."

"I guess," Petra replied, releasing his hand. "So, did we decide on matching costumes?"

"Well, you're a babe, and I'm a walrus, so..."

"I'm not dressing up as a pig, Eugene."

"You can be a celery stick, and I'll be an eggplant?"

"And be called 'Dildos' all night?" Petra complained. "What about a musical duo?"

"That's not very scary. Unless you're going to sing, then it might work..."

"And vegetables are scary?"

"To a fat guy, yeah," Eugene laughed.

"Stop saying you're fat," Petra said seriously, moving closer. She wriggled on top of him, tickling his sides. "I like you, cuddly."

"My friends warned me, you're a feeder," he tutted. "I should have listened."

"I thought they warned you I was a tease?" she smiled, kissing his cheek, then his lips.

"Well, they were right about that as well."

"You like it, though."

"I do."

Petra sat up, straddling him. "What else do you like?"

Eugene felt his body warming up. "I'd like to decide on a costume before you distract me with your tight pussy."

"Mm-hm," Petra grinned, pressing against his hardon. "Doesn't that feel nice?"

"You're evil. Medieval."

Petra stopped grinding. "Why don't we go as something Medieval?"

"Oh, like a Viking or witch or headless knight?"

"I'll be a witch and you can be a wizard. Done."

"Vegetables are more imaginative than that."

Petra looked aside. "If I'm a witch, I can sex it up, and you can hide under a wizard's robe."

"Oh! So, I need to hide, do I?"

Petra leaned down to kiss him. "No, but if you want to eat and drink without feeling self-conscious and strangled by too-tight clothes, then a robe is a good option."

Eugene eyed her. "You know me too well."

"That's because I love you."

"That's nice."

"You're meant to say it back."

"Am I?" he teased.

Feeling amorous, Petra pouted, wondering whether to press the point or just give in to her hormones.

Eugene was very attractive, carrying a bit more padding than the average stud. It was far from a defining feature, and he didn't care what people thought, which women found strangely appealing.

With light brown hair, sharp blue eyes and a gorgeous smile, Eugene easily connected with women. He was a notorious charmer, the kind other men resented for being so charismatic.

Petra was a sweet girl, and remarkably beautiful. She was less outgoing than Eugene, but they made a good couple. With a perfect body, wavy black hair, and big green eyes, she was often approached by model scouts.

A week later, they walked together to one of several Halloween parties. Eugene was comfortably robed in standard Emerald green, his brown hair slicked back in a way that was sexier than his pleasant norm. He also wore black eyeliner for fun, and Petra was slightly jealous how the makeup made his blue eyes really stand out.

She dressed daringly in a string bikini, and a layered, black mesh skirt that ended at the top of her taut thighs. A sheer silk blouse, black with glitter stars, thinly covered her top. Her witch hat was identical to Eugene's wizard hat, colour being the only difference.

Together they laughed and flirted and socialised, enjoying time with their friends and admiring other costumes, most which were substantially more elaborate and creative than their efforts.

***

Lex stood on the threshold of the town. It changed every year, but always the same. Cities were created, developing to a peak until catastrophe, then rebuilding again. The same cycle, hundreds of years, and every year he returned.

He didn't actively search; he didn't even know what to look for. Instinct compelled him to venture back annually, observe the people, if any. Wander along and then home again, alone. Always alone.

The people were naturally aware of him, their eyes drawn to his imposing physique, his fiery black eyes, his handsome face. They were afraid, even if they didn't consciously know it. He didn't belong, and he was remarkable to observe. Men were wary and women wanted to fuck him. His aura was magnetic.

All in black, down to his faded boots, he hadn't bothered to dress up. Once upon a time, he wore nicer clothes for the occasion, polished buttons, ornately coloured boots. Back when he believed there was some purpose to his journey.

His beginning was a mystery, his memories were blurs of movement, soft feelings, gut-wrenching fear, pain, a past trauma he couldn't remember.

And so, he returned each year to bear witness to civilisations pass, going back alone to his world.

***

"The barn," Eugene said with confidence. "No one will suspect us there."

"The barn," Petra giggled, reaching for her hat, and realising it was gone. "What barn?"

"The one we'll find," Eugene replied, taking Petra's arm. "We'd better go and tell... where are we?"

"Julie's party!" Petra laughed. "I'm getting tired. We should just leave."

"Definitely. We'll never get away if we say goodbye," he nodded. "And it's Halloween; no better time to ghost a friend."

They left, passing various costumed people on the way. The streets were busy, and they wandered around for a while until Petra realised they were going the wrong direction.

"Heath's house is the other way," she said, tugging Eugene's robe.

"I know," he said, one arm around her slender waist to guide her along the crowded path. "I have a surprise for us."

"Because I love surprises," Petra said warily, her confusion heightening when Eugene stopped by a car. "What is this?"

"Don't worry, I'm sober," he grinned, pulling out the key and pressing a button to unlock the vehicle.

The doors clicked and the strangest feeling struck Petra. A feeling of something set in motion.

"Are you alright?" Eugene asked, seeing her face. "We can just go home, if you want."

"No...No, I'm fine. I want to see the surprise!"

Relief flooded Eugene's face. His plans were expensive. "Phew."

They drove for about 20 minutes, leaving the congested city, closer to the ocean border. The streetlights became fewer and Petra stared out the window at the blackness. "I can see why you hired a Range Rover."

"Because you can't see much?" Eugene smiled, keeping his eyes on the road. "Don't worry, it's not far. Actually, I need to check the printout again because I don't want to miss the turn. I've been warned it doesn't show up on satellite."

"It's not some black hole that's going to suck us into oblivion?"

"I can't ruin the surprise!" Eugene laughed. "Though being sucked into oblivion sounds kinda nice."

***

Lex quietly marched toward home. Another standard night. He'd been brazenly stalked and propositioned by two girls in the strangest garments. He'd ignored them completely.

A car approached and he drew back from the side of the road. The vehicle stopped and the interior light came on. He felt his body turn to stone.

Petra

Full, staggering recognition bloomed. He saw her face, green eyes, framed by the softest black. His clouded memory shattered to clarity. He remembered sighting her for the first time.

He was seventeen. Young and enthusiastic, with good prospects but not rich. He would be a farmer like everyone else, live off the land.

She was standing by the side of the dirt path with her friends. A brown frock her father made her wear to dim her beauty, but it just highlighted how natural it was. Long black hair, emerald eyes that made his heart skip. Petra.

He and his friends laughed, teasing the girls. The girls liked it. Petra looked at him, nervously plucking at a flower in her hands, the white petals tumbling down her skirt. The afternoon sun reflecting in her dark, gleaming hair.

Lex blinked back to the present. The couple in the car were talking, but that was nothing. The longer he stared at her face, the more memories came flooding back.

The girls left first, then his friends. Petra was too shy to speak to him, furiously blushing when he'd grinned at her. But she had surreptitiously placed something, peeking back at him because he never stopped staring. He'd stayed to see what she left behind. It was a red flower, behind the rock. It was for him, but she'd been too bashful to give it. He admired the soft petals, so small in his big hand. He would bring the flower when they married.

Lex stumbled back from the road, tripping back with a rough 'thud' against a tree behind. The tree shuddered against his weight. He closed his eyes.

Two years later, he was nineteen, at a formal dinner. A test. The big, square wood table in Petra's father's house. Her father opposite them, his chin resting on his fist, scrutinising him. Petra looked nervously between them.

Lex was in his best for the occasion, his father's white shirt, brown breeches, decorated, leather boots. He was sweating, terrified of the older man who looked like he wanted to kill him for courting his daughter. Then it was over, and Petra's father relaxed, nodding his approval.

They'd run out into the dark, giddy with delight. He lifted her and they spun together, laughing and shrieking like wild children. He cupped her face and kissed her, the most wonderful feelings followed. Her lips were soft and tasted like berries. He wanted to shout his happiness for the night to hear. For everyone to know she belonged to him.

Lex jerked upright as the car's engine started. The lights went out and the vehicle went slowly away. He followed.

***

Petra looked around. "I don't like surprises, but this is pretty fucking great," she said.

The cottage was beautifully furnished, with modern amenities. Big front windows facing a line-up of tall trees, parting to show a view of the ocean. Luckily, the moon was large and full, reflecting off the water surface.

Eugene grinned. "Let's eat."

There was a big platter. Fruit, sliced meats, cheese, dips, fresh bread. So much wine.

Petra stared out the window, then back to Eugene watching her. "This is the most romantic thing anyone has done for me, ever."

"Good," Eugene said, reaching for a grape. "I reserved an old shack as Plan B, in case you were ungrateful."

Petra stood with a sly smile. "I have ways to show gratitude."

Eugene chuckled at her strategic approach. "I feel like a prey animal."

"Prepare to be devoured," she grinned, laughing again when Eugene let out a very unmanly, theatrical squeak.

Lex watched Petra laugh with the other man. The same way she'd laughed with him.

He remembered their wedding vows, the tears in her eyes when he'd unashamedly spoken his. The promises he'd made and intended to keep all their life together.

Their friends and family all around, celebrating long into the night. The field illuminated by candlelight, the weather perfect.

Lex watched through the window, jealous. Petra was kissing the other man, leaning into him. He remembered what that was like.

She would kiss him deep, stroke his face, his shoulders and torso in a featherlike way that drove him wild. She would laugh at the rain in a shrugging motion, letting the moisture catch on her fingers, trailing down her breasts in delectable rivulets. She would tease him, dancing naked in storms because he hated the rain, but couldn't take his eyes off her.

He would take her from behind, her thick, luxuriant hair trailing down her back for him to grasp, drawing her up tight against him, his hand sweeping her breasts while he thrust into her. Her tasty pussy was perfect, snug around his cock. He gave her so much pleasure.

She liked to sleep after, her lovely face so gentle and innocent. He'd hold her to him, both naked. He'd stroke her silken hair and watch her sleeping face, wanting the moment to last forever. He would have died for her. He did.

In the present, he growled, watching her mount the other male, rolling together on the sofa until the other man was on top. A soft man who didn't know how to pleasure a woman. A weak, clumsy man, who wouldn't last two days in his world.

It was too much. Lex made himself leave, stop watching before he snapped and killed the other man. The other man couldn't know Petra belonged to him; it wasn't his fault.

Lex forced himself away, the pain in him mounting as the memories flowed in perfect order.

***

They'd showered after sex, and dressed again. Cuddling Petra, Eugene suddenly sat up. "Is that smoke?"

Petra sighed, trying to pull him back. "No. Don't move."

"Jesus, we won't ever move again if we burn to death," he murmured, staring down at himself. "Where are my shoes?"

Petra pointed and Eugene rushed over, pulled them on and went outside. A moment later, his head appeared around the door. "That's a lot of smoke. I'm going to see if anyone lives there. Call the fire brigade." He winced. "This might kill the romance, but I'm a paranoid fucker. Can you wait in the car, in case we have to flee?"

"Alright," Petra said nervously as he slammed the door.

Having started the fire at the abandoned house, Lex was already in the room. Petra stiffened; a slight shiver went through her. He almost smiled that she'd sensed his presence.

He stepped closer, his boots made no sound, but the floor creaked under his weight. Petra spun, green eyes enlarged with horror. Lex rushed forward, covering her scream, catching her fist when she tried to hit him.

There wasn't time to be gentle. He dragged her as she stumbled and kicked, knocking over a chair, a lamp tipping over. Lex roughly hauled her to the back, the violence bringing back the worst of it all.

There was an army in their town. Smoke and screams and confusion. Shouting at Petra to run, pushing her when she wouldn't. She wouldn't abandon him. He slapped her; something he never believed himself capable of. He shouted things he'd give anything to take back. She ran from him, but he knew she wasn't leaving. He found her at her father's house, crying over the body.

Petra couldn't believe she was being attacked at a remote property on Halloween. She fought, struggling when he lifted her clear off the ground, easily carrying her back into the house, away from Eugene, toward the laundry exit.

Lex ignored her muffled shrieks, adding to his own horrible angst, his mind whirling with the agony of his memories. Everything that happened to him, to them. He remembered everything.

He'd finally convinced her to run with her friend, Clarita. They made it halfway across the field when an arrow pierced the other girl right through. Petra stopped, of course she did, sobbing over her friend's body.

A soldier, a harvester, was caught by Petra's beauty. He ran at her, colliding and knocking her over and pinning her down. Lex needed to fight with the others, but he couldn't turn away. The soldier was straddling Petra, laughing while she yelled and kicked.

Lex didn't get far when two soldiers landed on him. He was strong enough to get up, then a third brought him down. He watched helplessly from the ground, screaming at the man on Petra.

A woman in white, a beautiful creature with silver hair, calmly turned to him. She knelt by his side, smiling as he thrashed to be free, her cruel eyes moving from him to Petra.

The blade drew across his throat, red sprayed into the grass at his face, and he couldn't breathe. The men holding him down retreated while he slowly bled out.

Convulsing, Lex watched the woman dismiss the soldier, placing her hands on Petra's temples, killing all life inside her. Petra's eyes turned white.

A wagon lumbered by, carrying a stack of limp young women, all with glazed, pearl eyes. Petra was lifted and tossed onto the pile. Her face blank, shocked, her vibrant green eyes obliterated by white.

And just like that, he'd lost his family. The grief enveloped him.

The raid was quick and over. The invading troupe departed, leaving death and destruction in their wake. Fire. Silence. Bodies everywhere. Lex gulped and shuddered, his vision blurring to black as something scampered from the forest edge to tend him.

***

Petra twitched and woke, jerking upright in the bed. She stared around, a sickly fear flooding her body.

It wasn't dark and dreary, like she'd dreamt. There was a lot more clarity and detail in her surroundings because she was actually there. The fire crackling in the room, a comforting warmth. There was rain outside, she could hear it on the rooftop, see it through the window.

She was in a very comfortable bed, still in her skimpy Halloween costume. A large blanket, dainty silk patterns, covering her. There were books, ornaments, strange items she'd never seen before. The room was pretty. Lots of colour.

The man was there, sitting at a big, oak desk with his back to her. He turned and she wished she'd wake up.

He was all in black, terrifying, staring at her with a confronting intensity that was weirdly familiar. She didn't know what to say.

"Who are you?" she croaked. Her throat was dry.

The man motioned with his eyes. Petra looked aside and saw there was water on the bedside table. It could be drugged, but she didn't care. She drank the whole glass.

Bellie444
Bellie444
1,864 Followers
12