Lies Truths or Perception Pt. 03

Story Info
Which one wins?
11.2k words
4.36
45.2k
63
62

Part 3 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 12/10/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This is the last chapter of three if you haven't read the first two this won't make sense. It was written to show how lies, truths, and perception interacts with each other. Does it matter was the subtitle of the first, the second was maybe it does, and this is called which one wins. The answer is in how you interpret it because it's just like everyday life it's not black or white. Most don't realize that "truth is made biased by our point of view thus those who argue about it are as William Shakespeare would say "the fool!""

*****

Dinah Richards was sitting across from her divorce lawyer who was reading aloud my lawyer's petition grounds for ending the marriage as an annulment. Her lawyer needed Dinah to see how bad everything looked on paper. Dinah needed to comprehend how serious the situation was.

The lawyer realized that most just quickly glanced at the divorce petition and never read it. That was why she was reading it all out to Dinah. As she read it, she kept glancing at her client to see how she was responding. She could see what Trey was saying in his divorce petition was finally registering. The look on her client's face said it all.

As she listened Dinah learned for the first time how bad it looked from a neutral point of view. What was being revealed to her as she listened intently for the first time was very damaging and detailed? After reading it all to her the lawyer set it down on the desk.

Looking right at Dinah she said, "Tell me your side of the story from the time you met until now. I am going to record it for further reference."

"Why should I do that?" Dinah asked. "let's just stop the divorce."

"We can't stop the divorce; he has a dozen or so reasons for getting it granted. But if he wins an annulment against you it will be much worse, because he will be able to take everything from you if the judge agrees," Janice Cooper stated. "Our best way to save anything is to negotiate it all before we go before the Judge."

"His lawyer is a female liberal feminist who is one of the best in the field. She was brilliant in exposing your long term conduct as a pattern of behavior designed to defraud and avoid the truth. She uses it as a means to expose what your plan may have been all along. She will have no mercy in taking you down. For her, it's a personal case because in her eyes you represent everything she hates." Janice stated with authority.

"Why do you say that? I don't admit to anything except having my tubes tied," Dinah said.

"She sees you as a user with no moral fiber who sells her sexuality for the almighty American dollar. To her, your just as low and despicable as those working for sex on the mean streets," Janice stressed with a serious voice. "The fact that the New York Time's numerous news articles are used as references to validate their points makes their claims that much more credible. The reputation of the Times to most is unquestionable."

"Can Trey really use all the publicity I got against me to prove what he is implying?" Dinah asked.

"Dinah, they got all the background material from the New York Times using a court order," Janice said. "Even the photographs to raunchy for them to print in the newspaper. They have all the New York Times gossip reporter's personal notes that raise questions about your long term conduct. Any judge reading the petition will give heavyweight to the New York Times for the credibility of their reporting."

"When presented the way his lawyer did it makes it appear much worse than what Trey's is implying," Janice said. "Every piece of gossip caused by witnesses to your conduct or the statements that have been recorded about you and documented by the mass media are being used to strengthen Trey's case."

Janice took out ten eight by four prints of photos for Dinah to take a look at. Each one of them was a picture of her with her entourage. All were taken under night clubs dimmed lights while they were on the dance floor bumping and grinding their flesh.

Each one showed Dinah in some kind of physical entanglement where her exposed flesh was being fondled, sometimes by more than just one man. The looks in her eyes in the photograph left no doubt that she was apparently enjoying it. No one looking at the photos would deny that she was in a state of sensual or sexual enlightenment prepared and eager to go further. They were touching her in ways that there was no doubt that she was aroused.

"The way those pictures are taken it's quite reasonable to believe that an out and out orgy was only a room or two away," Janice said. "And that your nothing but a cock loving slut when out of the eyes of the public. When its disclosed in court that they were taken by a New York Times staff photographer their credibility will not be questioned. The judge will accept it as the 'unquestionable truth' of your active lifestyle."

Dinah's face went white. She could not even remember who she was with at the time and who was touching her. It might have been just a momentary incident but that is not what the images implied. If they became public, her social reputation and image could be ruined. The New York unprinted photographs made her look like she was a living fuck doll being passed around.

Dinah was reminded by Trey's own words "If the New York Times the most liberal paper in the country wrote about it or photographed it, it must be the truth because a newspaper with a history like theirs would have no reason to lie."

"Your own father gave a notarized statement about you claiming to all three of them that it was medically impossible for you to get pregnant months before you had your operation. It is also verifying what Bridget Smith's statement says." Janice pointed out. "They raised the question to the court if she could not get pregnant what was the need for having your tubes tied. That's why they were able to get the medical reports."

"The surgeon who tied your tubes verifies it was a last-minute request by you the day before your scheduled operation and until that moment in time you could have carried full term. Those facts cannot be argued because Trey has got too much proof." Janice went on to explain.

"In discussing this case with Trey's lawyer It's been hinted that they're holding something back to be used when we are all in front of the judge because it's even more devastating. When she presents things like this in court, she is going for a kill knowing that it will leave the defendant defenseless," She disclosed. "By the look on your face, I must believe that you know what it is."

Dinah was on the verge of crying, but she knew it would do no good. So, she said, "Try to get it sealed so we can't discuss it publicly and see if we can negotiate the rest. I won't fight the divorce."

"We can try, but you're soon to be ex is the Driver's seat here," Janice said. "You humiliated him, made him a public laughingstock, and your long term conduct as they laid it out makes it appear that it was deliberate. If I was Trey everything I would do going forward, would be done because of the need to get some revenge because of the bathroom jokes being told about him."

"But he might be willing to talk to me after he has a few days to cool down after all were still married," Dinah said.

"That's not the question. Ask yourself when did you stop communicating with him as an equal," Janice asked? "Because that's the day your marriage ended whether or not you will admit it. From then on it was downhill all the way. He saw it happening before you did, that's why you were served as soon as you got off the plane."

That question hit Dinah hard. She had never thought that we were not communicating but her lawyer's statement forced her to think back. She stopped being interested in his life when she started the journey to becoming a social media star. Gradually from there, they started drifting apart.

Trey worked all day and she partied a lot of nights at first to keep her name out there. He'd leave for work at five in the morning and she had crawled into bed about two hours earlier. She had started this whole journey with that knowledge in the back of her head and had promised herself it would only be two nights a week. The more she got into it the more she wanted it because to her it was a drug that she started needing.

Her lawyer was just stating the facts that everybody could see but she hadn't. She had been too busy chasing the dream to realize she was walking out of the marriage in her own way. Now it had turned into this nightmare.

"Ok then, what about it's my body and it's my right to do with it what I want?" Dinah said.

"That's why Trey will be granted the annulment with no questions asked," Janice said. "The judge has to rule that Trey had the right to know that you were not going to reproduce and have children before you married him. Instead, you lied to him and came up with a plan to make sure it impossible for you to reproduce."

Dinah left her lawyer's office devastated. The realization that the social media hype she created for herself was in part the very thing that her husband Trey was using to take her down. She had followed the New York Times editor friend's advice on how to manipulate the masses to create an image and it worked so well.

It boiled down to a numbers game, he said. "That's all! Three out of ten will not buy it the rest will. Those who don't fall in line will be tagged as degenerates or haters. It forces their silence. History has proven time and time again that branding them that way works well. We use it all the time to increase our circulation which drives advertising revenue up. Another trick that we use quite well is by accusing nay 'Sayers' of what we have already done. Because it takes eyes away from one's own conduct. Always remember that seventy percent of those who believe you will buy your lies as truth."

Now that same illusion she had created to build her career as a social butterfly was damming her to hell. The question on her mind was will it still be worth it by the time the divorce is done.

Trey was proving that he was not the dufus she had slowly convinced herself he was. By standing quietly not saying a word he allowed her own sense of freedom she got with the lifestyle she had created to push her further than she had originally planned to go. She was now reaping the consequences of what she sewed.

It was the perception of what her conduct showed to the world that could not be argued. Whether it was the truth or not was longer important. It was the perception she had created that was being seen as the raw truth.

Her own conduct that created the illusions she wanted was now being used to take her down. The mass media and her followers had bought it and now it was believed like it was the truth of a god. She did not see the other side of the reputation she was developing.

Dinah had not been defeated by Trey, but by her own actions and deeds done deliberately to market the concept to the social media which created the attention she craved. Though done in innocence it painted a perception that could not be argued against successfully. It made the 'truth' false and the 'lies' true.

In reality, her only real sin against her husband was when she had her tubes tied. The New York Times' credibility with its readership made it impossible for her to be able to explain what she had done in a way that would be believable.

As she hailed down the taxi to take her were her soon to ex worked, she reviewed what her lawyer had read to her and realized that he hadn't revealed the most serious thing she'd done. If Trey was really out for revenge he would have. So why had he kept it secret is what she wanted to know. Perhaps he hadn't found out.

It was about five o'clock at night when Dinah found herself standing across the street in facing the office tower, Trey worked in. She was hoping that she would be able to catch him leaving the building. She wanted to see if he would be willing to go through the divorce quietly and agree to keep it out of the news. If she was to keep anything, she had worked so hard to create she had to have him to agree to secrecy. If he had what she thought he might not, but if the case was sealed by the court, he couldn't reveal it.

It was about ten minutes after the hour when Dinah saw the limo pull up. She saw her former friend Bridget step out with her father and hers. Bridget was glowing, her face reflecting her enthusiasm as she walked in excitement into the building. Dinah wondered why the three of them were together. It was clear that Clarence and her father were now friends. She wondered what had brought those two very powerful men together.

It took about another twenty minutes for Dinah to find out. She had watched as Bridget went in while their fathers waited while chatting and having a cigarette. Finally, Trey came out. The problem was he was not alone, he was holding Bridget's hand and she was letting him. She studied them as they came through the entrance. Bridget's face was glowing. The way the two looked at each other she knew who the 'Bitch' was that had stolen her husband. It was easy to see by the way they looked at each other that they were a couple in love.

What really hurt was that it was her former best friend whom she had deliberately used in an attempt to keep control of the situation. She had pushed them together and life had thrown them all a curveball. Dinah had to admit to herself she had never expected this to happen.

As she watched them from across the street a smile came across her face for a moment as she thought of the days when her playful mood came out and they would get a bit wild. He had always called it a Trish moment because that was her middle name.

For Dinah, it was a bitter pill to swallow because it forced her to realize just how stupid she really was. Using the tools, she had been taught by the New York Times Editor she thought she would have it all.

As he said, "Lies and truths are only tools to be used when using perception to create a "collective thought."

As a newbie, she had underestimated how powerful persuasion really was when creating a perception that would be accepted as the truth by most.

Dinah had tears in her eyes as she watched her husband and Bridget climb into the limo. Until this moment she had never appreciated the uniqueness of Trey. All his days he had never followed the masses or went along with what the majority wanted or believed. He had always described himself as an outsider who walked alone.

Because of what was now happening in her life she saw for the first time how easy it was to manipulate the general population into believing what you wanted them to. All it took was repetitive actions and words until it was sucked up by the sponges who were stupid to think with the intelligence needed to clear out the bull shit, they were being fed.

To appreciate that fact you hand to understand that most humans will spend more time on themselves and their families in trying to survive than to take the time to think about serious things. Most had not truly been taught when young how to think with an independent mind. Dinah's problem was that Trey always had. To believe something Trey had to prove it for himself.

Dinah watched them drive away together her mind went back to the time she asked Bridget if she knew her boyfriend. Bridget had responded based on what I have learned about him these last few weeks I would say definitely not.

To her, that said everything because she now had to admit that Bridget was right. She had completely lost track of who and what Trey was, a man who walked tall and carried a small stick. He would bend only to a degree but no further. When he drew a line, he kept it.

Dinah had decided that if Trey knew about her secret, he would have disclosed it. So, it gave her time to make sure he never would. Medical records would show it as a birth control service, but the clinic would show what it was when she signed to have it done. Those types of forms were kept in the official records and not sent to billing.

Dinah's body shook and trembled with the realization that Trey would always search for the truth because of what he was. He was independent and would be all his days. The rules of human behavior as taught by the New York Times Editor did not apply to him because he had not bought into the thought of the "collective." He believed in independent thought.

-----------

The four of us, Clarence, Emerson, Bridget and I were heading out for dinner. As soon as we got in the limo the champagne was poured. For some reason, the two of them wanted to celebrate. Both of their wives were already headed to where we were going.

What's up dad," Bridget asked as she accepted her glass?

"Emerson invited me to an early lunch because of his concern about what his daughter would do. When he explained fully, I understood why he felt concerned," He replied. "I then told him what I had done because I had the same concerns."

"As a result, we learned a lot about each other this afternoon," Emerson went on to say. "And found that we both wanted to step back and take it a little easier in life and focus a bit more on our family life. Unfortunately, we saw no way of achieving that until we got to talking. Both of us were in organizations we had created that could do quite well as standalone companies with new presidents if we stepped up into the board."

"It led us to find out that our attitude towards business matters complemented each other and we came up with a proposal that looks good to us. Over dinner, we will be discussing it all with the important people in our families to get their thoughts and views on our ideas before putting it down on paper," Clarence explained.

"And we owe it all to you two because you fell in love," Emerson said. "We want you both to understand and keep in mind that the same problem arises in any business whether there big or small."

I took out my cellphone and, on a hunch, I put in an order through it to sell all the stock I owned and buy stock in Emerson's corporation at its current value. It would automatically be sent to our trader's to-do list for tomorrow.

We kept it lite until we arrived at our destination at seven pm where we were escorted to a private room where more champagne, glass, and appetizers were waiting. Dora and Grace had arrived. Both of them hugged Bridget and I a bit too tight. I had to ask Grace why her husband called her Heidi at times.

She laughed and said, "That is the nickname he has for me. Mine for him is Hans. For both of us, it reminds of the weekend when Bridget was conceived when we were in the Swiss Alps. Our problem is that we use it so much that at times we slip out our nicknames at the wrong time."

I smiled and said, "I think that's the most romantic thing I have heard because it says and shows so much about your relationship. I have to admit I have caught myself using it myself a few times."

Grace laughed, "In time my daughter and you will make your own special memories that you will cherish just as Clarence and I do."

Dora while holding me tight as a mother would she whispered in my ear, "Remember that both Em and I see you as the son we never had regardless."

The four of us were waiting to find out what was going on. After we all got a drink in our hand, they began to reveal to the four of us their plans.

"Clarence and I have decided to form an umbrella corporation in which the current shares we own in our companies will go into," Emmerson said. "Along with an influx of money so that we can buy some of the shares of both company's on the market without drawing attention. That will require us to sell off a lot of our personal investments after we have formed the new corporation to invest in the new venture. At the same time, each of our companies will be buying back shares without revealing it publicly. That way we can increase the overall ownership percentage in both companies without drawing attention."