Life after the Lottery Ch. 52

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"No competitors?" I asked.

"Oh, no. It will take an anchor store like ours to attract other high-end stores. The buyers I hired think it is a good idea because we don't want to carry accessories. I have been talking to a fur store downtown that is interested in moving."

"Well, there are 10 of them," I said.

"I think I can fill half of them with boutiques. The others could be a café or coffee shop and other things."

"Linda, I think this is where you want it to be," I said.

"Is it okay with you?"

"Sam and Dawn, is it okay with you?" I asked.

"Sure."

"We will go inside in a minute, look down there. See that big building going up? That is going to be a nice hotel. It will have a very nice restaurant in it also."

"That will be good."

"It will be open by spring."

"It would give people a nice place to stay that come to shop," Dawn said.

We walked back to the big building and went inside. It was only a shell also.

"Since we don't have to gut this first, we can start from scratch," Linda said. "It will be faster."

"What are you thinking for a timeline then?"

"I am thinking a Grand Opening either for Valentine's Day or the first day of Spring."

"That would be good," Dawn said. "Especially for Valentine's Day."

"That will be a push," Linda said.

"How long would it take to get the build-out done?" I asked.

"The architects and designers just need our input on what we want the inside to look like; then they can draw up plans and start. As soon as we tell them what we want, 2 to 4 weeks to start. The build-out would probably be done by the end of the year."

"What are we looking at for cost for the build-out?"

"I own the building, that is my expense. I know what I want for my area; you need to work on yours."

"I have no idea."

"Let's get your swimwear manager and lingerie manager together with my buyers and the architects soon. They know about retail space and how to lay it out. It will all have a high-end look on all floors."

"Okay, I just want to make sure we build in some private dressing rooms and modeling areas," I told her.

"That is the way the places in Chicago and New York have it. Why don't we plan a day and I will take everyone to New York, and we can visit some of the fashion stores," Linda said. "They can all get ideas; I'll even take one of the architects. We can fly up early on a Saturday morning and come back late."

"I guess I am going to have to hire Brenda and Sherri real soon," I said.

"They can always oversee the construction and make sure it is what they want," Linda said.

"I will need to get them to Europe as soon as possible also. If I hire them now, it won't be a rush," I said.

"My refurbed personal jet will be ready in early November."

"Are we going to use it?"

"Yes. So you like this place?" Linda asked.

"Yes. What do you two think?" I asked.

"Sounds like a great idea," Dawn said.

"How soon do you think you can get them on board so we can go to New York?" Linda asked.

"Two or three weeks."

"The sooner, the better. I will get the architects started on the initial designs. I will get the lawyers to set up the corporation and the rest of the details and contracts. James, you will be renting the store space, but you are welcome to buy into the corporation that owns this land and the buildings."

"We will talk about that."

"I have a business manager that setups all of my companies, I will put him to work on it right away and give you some numbers," Linda told me. "If you don't have the cash flow right now to buy all the merchandise, let me know."

"Our investments have done well for the last few years. We have some extra money."

"Just let me know. I do have one suggestion for you. If you are going to get this involved in several businesses, I would recommend you get an investment banker to help you set things up for the best tax advantages," Linda said.

"I don't know anyone like that."

"I do. If it is okay, I recommend we use the commercial bank I use. There is a guy there I will introduce you to."

After we had looked at the building some more, we got back into the limo.

"Mike, take me over to the car lot on Grand Avenue," Linda told the driver.

We drove about 10 minutes toward town as we talked, then pulled into a GM dealership. There weren't many cars on the lot. We pulled up to the showroom and Rachel got out and looked around, then we all got out.

"What is this?" Dawn asked.

"It was a GM dealership until last month," Linda said. "He just built it three years ago and got in over his head. His wife divorced him and since the economy is slowing down, so are car sales. His bank called in his loans, and he declared bankruptcy. This central part around the showroom and the garage, would it work for your limo business?"

"Sure, but this real estate is going to be high," I said

"It wasn't too bad. I really took advantage of him. He was leveraged to his eyeballs, and I made him an offer on the land and buildings, and he took it. He will still end up with nothing. It will be empty in a month or so. If it will work, you can use it. The rest of the large parking area I am going to hold onto for a few years."

"What are you going to charge me, Linda?" I asked.

"Just consider me a silent partner, with benefits," Linda said with a smile.

"That may cost me too much."

We walked around. The showroom would be big enough for several limos, and there would be enough parking for 20 or more limos around the building. The maintenance area had five drive-through lanes and enough area to take care of the limos.

"It is nice and big," I said.

"It also has a fence around it and lighting," Linda told me. "When are all of you meeting again?"

"Two or three weeks."

"I will get you a key, and you all can meet here and look it over. All the offices and desks in the showroom are staying, and it is even furnished. I bought it as it stands."

"I will need you to put a value on what we can use, Linda."

"Okay."

"Any more surprises?" I asked.

"Not unless you need a 30-story office building in town."

"I'll pass."

We all got back in the limo.

"You all want to stop for a drink?" Linda asked.

"I have wine at the house, even your favorite now, and Sam can have a glass," I said.

"James, if Sam is with me, no one is going to question her age," Linda said.

"What do you three want to do?" I asked.

"The house is fine," Dawn said.

"Mike, take us to the Smith house."

We had been riding about 10 minutes.

"We all need to go out one night," Linda said.

"What would you like to do?" Dawn asked.

"Just go out and have some fun at a club or something like we did in France."

"You want to go to my gentlemen's club?" I asked.

"A strip joint?" Linda asked.

"A very elegant strip joint," I told her.

"I don't think I'm ready to go that public yet," Linda said.

"Are you coming to the University reception next month?" Dawn asked.

"I am."

"Okay! I will set you up with a handsome doctor," Dawn said.

"What about me?" Rachel said.

"Well...since you can't leave Linda if she wants to go home with one of my doctors, how about both of you joining him."

"I can't do something like that! It would get out!" Linda exclaimed.

"No, it wouldn't. I know a couple of very cute doctors that entertain two or three nurses at a time. I thought if you leave with one, you might feel more comfortable if Rachel could join you," Dawn told her with a big smile.

"You are going to get me in trouble."

"You two show up, and just see what happens," Dawn said.

"Dawn, have you two thought any more about having Patricia and her husband coming to dinner?" Rachel asked.

"I think we need to get you two comfortable first; then we will work on it."

"Who is Patricia?" Sam asked.

"My personal assistant. James had a good time with her while we were overseas."

"Okay, you two, next weekend you are going to tell us everything that happened," Sam said. Linda and Rachel giggled.

"Have you seen the pictures yet?" Linda asked.

"James! What pictures?" Sam asked.

"I haven't seen them either," Linda said.

"I will get them printed before next weekend."

"Oh, my god," Rachel mumbled.

A bit later we were at the house. The driver opened the door, and Sam and Rachel got out.

"I have something for you. Andre sent it. It is the surveillance video from the club in France." Linda pulled out a DHL envelope and handed it to me.

"Why would he send that?" Dawn asked.

"He thought you might want it."

I took the envelope, and we got out and went in. I got some wine and poured and we all sat down.

"I guess I will be visiting Sherri and Brenda tomorrow," I said.

"What did you think about Bella Dame?" Linda asked.

"I like it," Dawn said.

"I think it sounds high-end," I told Linda.

"Okay, I will have it checked and trademarked. If we shoot for Valentine's day, we have less than five months. James, are you teaching this fall?" Linda asked.

"I'm supposed to teach three undergraduate classes."

"Hmmm. My refurbed leased jet and pilots will be ready well before Thanksgiving. If I send my buyers to Europe and New York the first part of November or December, will your two ladies be able to go with them for 3 or 4 weeks?"

"If I hire them next week, sure."

"The build-out will be well underway by then. Do you want my business people to set up your corporation for your areas?"

"That would be nice, thanks. Could you talk to your buyers if they don't have enough experience in lingerie and swimwear to see if there is someone I could hire to go with Brenda and Sherri?"

"That wouldn't be a problem."

"Okay, then talk to them. I will make sure November or December is a go," I said.

"Okay. I am going to see if everyone thinks we can firm up Valentine's Day. That would make a great time for a fashion show and a Grand Opening."

We talked some more and finished our wine. Rachel and Linda said they needed to go pack. They were leaving in the morning for the west coast. I walked them out to the limo.

"See you two next weekend," I told them. They left about 5:00.

*****

When Amy came in later, we all got dressed and went out to eat. I caught her up on what was going on this weekend and gave her the same instructions I had given Sam about researching the expensive stores around town. She was excited and wanted to go to Europe too, but I told her I wanted her and Sam to shop while in Hawaii, she liked that idea.

"James how can we be partners if we are not putting any money in," Sam asked.

"Don't worry about it. You two will own one-fourth each, and Dawn and I will own the rest. You will be stockholders in the corporation. Your profit will come from dividends on the stock based on profit."

"How much money are you going to have to put up?" Amy asked.

"I guess around a million to stock the place, and another million to operate for several years."

"I guess our investments have done really well," Dawn said.

"They have. Look at the statements sometime."

"James and Dawn, thank you," Amy said.

"Yes, thank you," Sam added.

"Honey, school starts in just a few weeks. Are you going to have time for all of this?" Dawn asked me.

"I hope so. I may not teach the winter semester. Dawn are you going with them in December to Hawaii?"

"I plan on it."

"I know the three of you are starting school, but I want you to call the people that are doing the marketing for these companies in Hawaii and find out more about the products and where they come from if you can. If you think they are nice enough swimwear, you three will be picking out any designs you like and making contact with the manufacturers while you are there." I said.

"Okay."

"I want you to find out about what you will be modeling and if their market is high-end and nice. Have them send you last year's catalogs and things like that. If their things are nice enough, you can help Sherri; she will probably go with you if needed." I told them.

"She is going to be surprised," Sam said.

"I guess I will go see her and Brenda tomorrow and see how fast they can come on board."

"Where will they work?" Dawn asked.

"I guess from home, or we can have them use one of the studies for an office and work out of the house," I said.

"Since Sherri is young, I think if she can work here with Brenda, it will help her learn," Dawn said. "However, you will be giving up your study," Dawn let me know. "I have to use mine."

We were headed back to the house about 8:30 when Amy asked something from the back of the Escalade.

"Dawn, how are you doing? Are you still sore?"

"I'm okay."

"Could we all sleep together again tonight?"

"Sure, Amy," Dawn told her.

Before it was time to go to bed, they had gotten out their computers and were looking at designer clothes and printing off things they liked. I finally got them off the computers and up to bed about 11:00. Amy and Sam came from their rooms naked. Dawn and I were lying in the middle of the bed.

"Dawn, you have to wear your sports bra," Amy told her.

Dawn sat up, and Amy helped her put it back on.

"Another a week or so," Amy said.

Amy got in next to Dawn; Sam was standing at the end of the bed looking.

"Get in bed Sam," I told her.

She smiled then crawled on the bed and got between Dawn and me. I pulled up the sheet. I looked, and Sam had turned toward Dawn's back and was wrapping her arm around her. Dawn was lying toward Amy, and they were holding each other.

"Do you all want me to go sleep downstairs?" I asked.

"Shut up, James. Get behind me," Sam said.

I turned off the lights and snuggled up behind Sam.

*****

I got up at 6:00 to get Amy up; I knew she would be tired. I walked around to her and sat on the edge of the bed.

"Amy, honey, it is 6:00, you need to get up."

"I know."

"I know you're tired."

I pulled the sheets off of her and leaned over and kissed her. She wrapped her arms around my neck and held me.

"I want you to do something today for me," I said.

"What?"

"Talk to your supervisor so that you can turn in your notice, please."

"Okay."

I made sure Amy got up and to the shower before I went back to get Sam up. She was under the sheet.

"Sam, time to get up."

"emmph."

I pulled the sheet off of her and leaned over and kissed her lips.

"Emmm. I wish you would wake me up like this every morning."

"Did Amy say you were still going to work with her?"

"Yes."

"I have asked her to talk to her supervisor today about turning in her notice; you make sure she does."

"I'll try, but I bet she doesn't do it."

"Why?"

Sam sat up in bed.

"Money," Sam said.

"What do you mean?"

"She doesn't want to ask you for money to live off of."

"I'll talk to her," I said.

"No, you won't! She will know I told you!"

"Okay, we will work on it."

"Shower with me," Sam asked.

"Okay."

We went to her room and showered together. Sam wanted to play with my cock, but I told her she didn't have time. Once we were dried off, I went to check on Dawn; she was in the shower. I went and put some clothes on and then went downstairs and started breakfast for everyone. The three of them came down about 6:45. I made them sit and fed all of them.

"Dawn, are you going somewhere?" Amy asked.

"I have got to go to my office and get things started. James is going to join me about noon and help me move things around."

"Do you have your sports bra on?" Amy asked.

"Yes..."

Soon Amy and Sam were leaving; Dawn was heading out by the time I got the kitchen cleaned up.

"I will see you at noon. Could you stop on the way and get some things to clean?" Dawn asked.

"No problem."

"Bye."

Before I left about 9:00, I called to see if I could reach Linda. She answered.

"Hey, James."

"Bad time?"

"No, we are at the airport waiting."

"How long will it be before your business guy can have a checking account setup for me. I need to put some money in it to start paying Brenda and Sherri."

"By the end of the week. I'll give you his number."

Linda gave me the guy's phone number so I could call him.

"Thanks, you two be careful," I said.

"Okay, see you Friday."

I locked up the house and headed toward Brenda's store. I arrived about 9:45. I knocked on the door, and she let me in.

"Good morning," Brenda said.

"Good morning, we need to talk," I told her.

"Okay, it will be dead for an hour or so."

We went back to her office and sat down.

"What's up?" Brenda asked.

"My partner and I made some decisions Sunday, and we are shooting to open on Valentine's Day."

"Great, that would be cute."

"Have you worked in enough stores to help us design the build-out for the retail space? It is going to be high-end looking."

"I have worked in retail for over 20 years. I can do that."

"We have architects to work with and they have experience in retail layouts."

"That will help. What do you need me to do?"

"I need you to start working for me as soon as you can."

"What?"

"I need someone to work with the architects and oversee the build-out. They need input very soon."

"James, we haven't talked about that part, you said it would be a while."

"I know. I will give you a salary for now. I don't have any experience in this area. How soon can you leave here?"

"Uh, two or three weeks."

"Okay. How much will you make this year?"

"Around $40,000."

"Fine, I will pay you at $45,000 a year plus commission. The first thing that is coming up is a trip to New York one Saturday with everyone to visit all the stores there. It may be in two or three weeks."

"Wow, you are moving fast."

"We have to get started on the build-out. I am also counting on your experience to help my lady that will be running the swimwear department. We may also bring in a buyer to help you two. Do you think you could go to Europe after Thanksgiving for 3 or 4 weeks, I will cover all that."

"Oh, uh, I guess."

"Brenda, I need you. No guessing. Do you want to do this?"

"Yes!"

"Great. Tell the owner you got another offer and let me know when you can start."

"What about my contract?" Brenda asked smiling.

"What do you want in it?"

"You know what I want, James."

"You don't need that in a contract. You start, and I will fuck you senseless."

"Oh. I will see when I can start!"

"Okay. Call if you have any questions. I have to go hire a swimwear manager."

I left Brenda and headed out to see Sherri. When I got to her store, it was almost 11:00. I went in and found her with the owner. I walked around and looked while they talked.

"...I sell some of the designer suits," I heard Sherri say.

"Not enough to justify the overhead. After we sell what is left, we are just going to carry the regular lines," an older lady told her as I watched.

"If we do that, you are going to have to pay me more per hour because I won't be making any commission, Margaret."

"You will still make commission," the older lady said in a huff.

"I'm averaging about $10 or less an hour now. I can't live on that."

"Sherri, you are just selling swimsuits, what do you expect?"

"We could sell more if you would let be work on the store and pick some of the things we sell, Margaret."

"Sherri, there are plenty of girls that I can hire to do your job if you don't want to work here."

"Margaret, if you make that threat one more time, I am out of here, and you can work here all day long!" Sherri yelled at her.

I walked to the front of the store where they were arguing.

"Sherri, you can start working for me today," I told her. "You don't need this."

"Really?" Sherri asked looking at me.

"Right now. Just leave."

"Fuck you, Margaret! I quit!" Sherri yelled at her then picked up her purse from under the counter and walked around it.