All Comments on 'Life as a New Hire Ch. 38'

by FinalStand

Sort by:
  • 110 Comments (Page 2)
FinalStandFinalStandover 5 years agoAuthor
Thanks doofus67

The accomplices were members of SD he recalled from being on the firing line ~ he memorizes the physical dimensions of nearly every woman he meets and he'd been around those women long enough at the Firing Range to know them by shape - as Katrina knew he would. Katrina didn't use Epona House Guard because she was worried they 1) might react off-mission if Aya was hurt [protecting their young is a guiding Amazon priority] and 2) could later bring this up in an Epona House challenge for leadership thus exposing this highly secret mission to a larger circle of Amazons.

The SD members chosen were selected because Katrina and Elsa knew they (secretly) admired Cáel and could be relied to (appear to) follow Felix's direction. Those three virtually hero-worship Elsa and Katrina, so could be relied on to never talk about that mission ever again. Even if those three felt the mission was wrong, they would take their complaint to Elsa and Elsa would follow through and broach their worries to Katrina. Again, the information remains contained. Considering this mission could be considered Treason against the Host (purposely risking the life of an Amazon child), Katrina had to keep information of this action contained.

And, 'No', she won't have those SD members killed in order to 'keep them quiet'. That is not the Amazon way. Elsa would question Katrina sparing Felix's life ~ not because she hates Felix (he barely registers with her) ~ and Katrina would explain how men weigh their loyalties and obligations is different and Felix's loyalty to Cáel is firm. Katrina tells Elsa that Felix would walk into a raging inferno to save Cáel so that he can then challenge him and defeat him in single combat. Elsa will say that makes no sense - its an utterly irrational way of thinking. Katrina agrees ... then both bitches laugh because, to Amazon thinking, men are the 'overly emotional' gender.

***

As for Aya ~ thank you once more. That was a terribly tough scene to write. I hate torture and child torture is much, much worse ... yet, this is a pivotal point for Aya.

Most people think they could be 'better', or 'greater', if they could change a few things about themselves ~ often things that are very difficult, if not impossible.

Then there that moment of clarity you realize you have everything within you to be the greatest 'you' you can be. You confront your true potential and know within you is the 'Greatness' destiny has set before you. The fear and self-doubt vanish and you find the strength inside you which has always resided there ... and now you can tap into your potential uninhibited by the ghosts preconceptions.

Cáel put her on that road, but it was Aya having to face down those Seven Pillars Commandos alone ~ she knew Cáel could not only not save her, he shouldn't save her ~ and all she had was herself. Suddenly she wasn't 'small', 'weak' and 'hyperactive'. She was the Amazon in this fight and a fellow Amazon (Cáel) was relying on her to do her best ... trusting in her to do her best. In that moment Aya realized she would not fail because she could be the Amazon she needed to be ... and all the self-doubt and confusion fell away.

The torture was horrible, but Fate is impatient. Aya has even greater tests laying ahead and all before Cáel's 84 days are up. Just like her 'Atta', Aya has a harsh learning curve and she has to be the Amazon Destiny has prepared her to be ... if that is her choice.

Take care,

James aka FinalStand

doofus67doofus67over 5 years ago
Thank you

Thank you FS for that really quick, but oh so clarifying explanation.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Wow

FS

Incredible chapter, wonderfully deep and complex regarding Aya’s development.

This book is like crack - once you start you just NEED more....

P

2Reader2Readerover 2 years ago

Cael is a complete idiot. He should die along with all amazons

2Reader2Readerover 2 years ago

Had to skip here to let you know this is getting stupid.

2Reader2Readerover 2 years ago

This is getting so bad I’m skipping parts. Don’t need damn dream. Kill Cael or let him fight. I’m getting tired of him myself.

LytharLytharabout 2 years ago
I honestly wonder

Why does 2Reader keep reading if he declared his hatred ten chapters ago? What possible purpose is there to negative comments beyond harassment?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

2reader is just trying to demonstrate that he can write an entire sentence, that’s why he’s posting half a dozen comments on every chapter. I think 12 words in one sentence is his high score.

Malice21Malice21almost 2 years ago

It’s so good that 2Reader is upset that Cael lives so luxuriously and rent free in his head and this is the only way to attempt to exercise the demon.

It’s not working… lol

Another great chapter!

skippersdadskippersdad9 months ago

Damn Cael Is a Hero.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userFinalStand@FinalStand
First off, I thrive on feedback; so please fire away when you get the urge. I read it all and it often brings different perspectives. The main thing making me a little unusual is that I'm bi-polar … with some serious medication on board to stay semi-normal. My other character...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES