Life Is But a Dream

Story Info
What's a surfer to do.
4.2k words
3.91
1.2k
1
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Life Is But a Dream

dragonmann72

On March 17th, blackrandl1958 held an invitational; I wasn't invited (and a whole lot of others). Oh well' I'm not that good of a writer, but I liked the theme. This is my attempt at 'Surfing with the Alien'. I hope you enjoy.

*********

It was Saturday evening and Harry was sitting on the beach with his head hanging. He had been on the beach all day using his surf board to try and figure things out. Friday evening, when he got home, Sally, his wife of four years, informed him that she was going on a cruse for six days with her boss.

As he tried to ask her just what the hell was going on, she said, "Whitaker and I have been getting close over the last year and we want to see if it can go anywhere."

He replied that, "If you go, don't come home." She just looked at him, shrugged her shoulders and walked out.

Harry got up early Saturday morning to head out to the only place he could think, he threw his surfboard and a beach blanket in the back of his Gladiator, and headed for his favorite beach. So here he sat staring out at the sunset, by himself, and he still didn't know what he wanted to do.

She came out of the water from nowhere. As Harry looked at her he was glad the beach was deserted as she was totally nude. He observed how her skin had a blue hue to it, even with the orange of the setting sun as a back drop. As she moved up the beach, Harry could tell she was having a hard time of it.

Being the gentleman that he was, he bound towards her with the blanket in tow. When he was close enough, he swung the blanket around her to cover her up. Her body was freezing so he picked her up and carried her back to the Jeep. After putting her in the passenger seat and flipping the switch for the seat heater, he jumped in the driver's side and started it up.

Sitting in the parking lot he asked her, her name.

She quietly answered, "Serena."

"Ok Serena, I'm Harry why were you on the beach nude and where did you come from?"

"To answer your first question, all my things went down with my ship. The answer to your second question is a lot harder; I don't think you have ever heard of it."

"I'm a pretty smart guy, try me."

"Fine, I'm from Ganymede."

"You got me there, it sounds pretty far away."

About that time, Harry heard her stomach growl.

"Are you hungry Serena?" He put the truck in reverse, completely forgetting about his board back on the beach. He drove to a burger joint and ordered each of them a value meal thru the drive thru. He pulled into a parking spot where they could eat and talk.

"So where did your ship go down?"

"That would be hard to answer, as I don't even know where I am."

"Well, a very deep subject, we are just north of Hunting Beach. What were you doing out there anyway?"

"I am looking for a surfer."

"This area is full of them, some good and some not so good. I must say though, you might not get the one your looking for going around like that, Is there some place you would like me to drop you off at?"

"Would it be possible to stay at your place for a few days?"

"I don't mind, seeing as I'm on my own right now." Harry headed for home still wondering just who this Serena person was.

It wasn't until he was pulling into the garage that he remembered his board. Hitting the dash he said, "Damn it, I forgot my board. Well someone is going to fell lucky tomorrow."

"We can go back to get it if you wish."

"No, I had three, so the loss of one isn't that big of a deal. Now let's get you inside and dressed."

She looked at him and wanted to ask why, but chose to go with the flow for now. He helped her get out of the seatbelt and had her follow him inside. This was the first time she had been in a dwelling like this so everything amazed her. He took her to the master bedroom and rifled thru Sally's lingerie, panties, a bra and then jeans and a blouse.

He tossed them on the bed and then said, "I'll be in the front room when you're done."

"Harry, I don't know what these are?"

"They're clothes; don't you wear clothes where you're from?"

"Not like these, if you want me to wear them, you'll have to show me how to put them on."

With a redden face, he showed her how to first put on the panties, and then the bra followed by the pants and shirt. When they were done, she looked at herself in the full length mirror and was amazed at what she saw.

"Harry, I don't think that these clothes would fit you."

"You're right, they're Sally's."

"Who is Sally?"

"She was my wife, but not any more."

"Why did she leave all her clothes, won't she need them?"

"She thinks she will be coming back, but I don't think so."

"Where did she go?"

"How about we go into the living room and I'll tell you all about it."

He got them each a Pepsi and they sat down to talk. When he was done, he just sat there.

"So she took off with another man and left you here all alone. When she comes back, will you forgive her?"

"I just don't know, that was why I was at the beach all day, I do my best thinking out on a board."

"Are you a good surfer?"

"I would say, using my old pappy's words, fair to middling."

"So is that good or bad?"

"It just means average."

"Well, I think you are a great surfer!"

"When did you see me, I hadn't been out for over an hour when you came out of the water."

"Let's just say, I was watching you all day."

"I never saw you, where were you watching me from?'

"Up above."

"Ok, now I'm totally confused."

"Maybe I should start at the beginning. I told you I was from Ganymede, that isn't a place, it is a planet. I am a Sear-com, and that stands for Search Companion."

"So let's pretend I don't think you're a certified nut case, what is a search companion and why are you here?"

"A Search Companion seeks out the surfer and aids him in his journeys. I'm here because you were chosen as the surfer."

"And just who chose me?"

"The locator."

"And just how long have you been searching for this surfer?"

"Do you mean here on Earth, or from the beginning?"

"Both."

"Well, here on Earth, I would say two weeks. I left Ganymede a month ago."

"Just how can you prove what you say?"

"Let's see, when I left Ganymede, the locator just pointed towards the Earth. When I got here, I traveled all the beaches until it zoned in on you. I waited until the beach was empty, and dropped in to introduce myself."

"So just what does this surfer do?"

"He flies to where ever he is needed and fixes the injustice."

"Just here on Earth?"

"Where ever you are needed in the Universe."

"And just how am I supposed to do that?"

"First you put on the transformer, and then we ride your board to where ever we are needed."

"So where is this transformer?"

Serena turned her back to him and made some hand movements, and then turned back around. In her hand she had what looked like a divers watch. She reached out and handed it to him.

"Serena, this just looks like a divers watch, how is that supposed to turn me into the surfer?"

"I'm sure that here on Earth; you have a saying that looks can be deceiving, no?"

"Yes, so what."

"Put the transformer on your left wrist."

He did.

"Now follow me out back."

He did.

"Why out here?"

"We don't want to tear up the inside of your house."

Once in the middle of the back yard she said, "Turn the dial all the way to the right."

He turned the dial and all of a sudden he was all silver. He could breathe with no problems, so he turned the dial back to where it was.

"That was cool, what else can it do?"

"When you are in your surfer form, you can call up your board and fly."

Harry turned the dial aging and once he was in his suit, he called for his board. He stood on it, but before he could do anything else, Serena jumped on the board also. The second she touched Harry, she was covered in the same kind of suit.

"Now concentrate on lifting off."

He did, and the board slowly started to rise.

"Now concentrate on just hovering."

Floating a foot above the ground, Harry was having the time of his life.

"Now lean to the left, and then back to the right."

He was getting the idea of how to maneuver the board, he asked, "How do I make it fly?"

"Well if you were the only one on, you could just put your weight on your back foot and the nose would point up. After that, you just will yourself to go. If I'm on the board, just will it to rise and off we will go."

He willed the board back down and then the stepped off. He turned the dial back to center and their suits disappeared.

"What other things can I do?"

"Well, while you are in your suit, you are invincible. You can fly in outer space for when you are needed else where in the universe. If you hold your hand in front of you, you can fire silver bullets from your fingers."

"So where is my board stored?"

"The best definition I can give would be hyperspace."

"Can I store anything else in there?"

"If you desire, what else would you want?"

"Well, hypothetically speaking, we were somewhere here on Earth and we needed to move about without being noticed, it would be great to have the Gladiator with us."

"Yes, I can see that."

"So how would I do it?"

"Well, you could place you hand on it and will it."

"So we could load some clothes and things in it and we would have it made for traveling. I would like to try flying some more, you want to come?"

"I will follow you anywhere."

He called up his suit and then the board. Again when he stepped on, Serena was right behind him. He lifted up to what he hoped was 200 feet and turned for the ocean. It would normally take Harry an hour to get to the beach, but they were there in just seconds.

Out over the ocean, he opened it up in speed and height. They flew around about an hour, having flown all the way to the Hawaiian Islands and back. Once back close to L.A. the slowed down and lowered their height. Back over his backyard, they came in for a landing.

They got off and everything was normal once again. Back inside the house, he asked, "How does the tracking thing work?"

"You just concentrate on a person or place and the board will transport you there."

"Serena, tomorrow I want to drive over to Simpson's house and talk to his wife, do you want to come with me?"

"Harry, I will go where ever you go, I am your Sear-com."

"Alright, let's get some sleep and tomorrow we start the first day of our new life."

He showed her to the guest room and then went into the master. Sleep came easier Saturday night until he felt a presence in bed with him. He turned his body to see who it was, as if he couldn't have figured it out without looking.

"Serena, what are you doing in here?"

"Harry, I will be by the surfer's side until our final days, which I hope to be in a millennium of years."

She moved over and put her head on his chest and pressed her naked body next to him. Once again he drifted off to a peaceful sleep.

Sunday morning, they went through some of Sally clothing, and packed them up along with the things that Harry wanted to take. He went out into the garage and dialed up his suit, placing his right hand on the Jeep and willed it into his holding space. It disappeared, so he willed it back. Everything was ready for Sunday night.

Back inside he asked Serena how the locator worked. She took it out of hyperspace and told him, "Just hold it and think of who you want to find."

He took it and thought of Sally, a screen appeared before him and it showed a dot in the Caribbean.

"Can this be more specific?"

"Only when you get closer, that's why it took me so long to find you."

He held the locator in his hand again, and thought where is the nearest drug lord that keeps a lot of cash on hand. A new dot popped up on the screen, but with better detail.

"What's that?"

"That is our destination for tonight. It's is a Mexican drug lord in Baja, we're going to pay him a visit."

Harry spent the rest of the day planning just how he was going to raid and rob the place. At 11pm Harry and Serena went out back and lifted off for Baja California. The flight took all of fifteen minutes. The compound was heavily guarded, but was easy to contain. Fifteen minutes later they were headed back to his home.

Back at his house, he pulled the money out of hyperspace to count it. The drug lord had been kind enough to have bundled it in stacks of $10,000.00. They had 100 stacks of bills. He went online and pulled up his mortgage statement, they owed $250,000.00. He sat aside 25 stacks of bills and put the rest back in hyperspace.

"What's that for?"

"In the morning, we'll go down and pay off the house, my final parting gift to Sally, the rest we will use when ever we need money here."

They went to the master bedroom and laid down for the night. As they lay in bed Serena said, "Surfer, I will always be by your side."

Monday morning they got up and drove to the bank. Harry told them he wanted to pay his house off, so he opened the briefcase with the money in it and waited for them to confirm the amount.

"Mr. Williams, this may sound mean, but may we ask how you came about this much cash?"

"No, not at all, we went to the track over the weekend and scored big each day."

"Did you file the winnings with the IRS?"

"Didn't have to, the law states that any winnings over five thousand needs to be reported. None of the winnings was over that much each time. Oh, by the way, I want the house to be put solely in Sally's name. Our anniversary is coming up and that is going to be my present."

"As you wish, Mr. Williams."

With that done at the bank, they went about the rest of the things that needed to be done before that night. At 7pm they pulled up in front of Whitaker Simpson's house. They walked to the door and Harry knocked.

"May I help you?"

"Mrs. Simpson, I don't know if you remember me or not, I'm Sally Williams' husband, Harry."

"Now that you mention it, I do. We met at the Christmas party and I danced one dance with you."

"Yes ma'am that is true."

"What can I do for you Harry?"

"First, I'd like to ask where Mr. Simpson is tonight."

"He had to go to New York this week on a case he is working on. He's due back on Sunday."

"If I told you that he lied to you would it make a difference?"

"What are you trying to say Harry?"

"When I got home on Friday night, Sally was all packed up for a trip. She told me that she and Whitaker were going on a cruse for a week to see if they were compatible. I told her if she went to not come home, and she basically told me to grow up and get with the program."

"How do you know she was telling you the truth?"

"If I tell you, you will need to swear to keep my secret."

"Well if nothing else, you have piqued my interest; show me what you've got."

Harry pulled out the locator and willed his mind to show where Sally was, the dot popped up on the map still in the Caribbean. "This dot represents where Sally is. Now I'm going to hand it to you, but first I want you to think about where someone you know is and see what it says."

She took the locator and wished to know where her daughter was, the dot showed up on a different map a few miles away.

"Now find Whitaker."

She did it again and the map of the Caribbean popped back up.

"That son of a bitch, we were supposed to go on a cruse this week, but he claimed he needed to go to New York and we would rebook later. If I had anyway of getting any evidence, I'd fry his ass in divorce court. Did you know that my dad owns the law firm and we had an air tight pre-nup?"

"No ma'am I didn't, what will happen to him?"

"First my dad will fire him, and then leave him penny-less in the divorce."

"Mrs. Simpson..."

"Just call me Alicia."

"Ok Alicia, if we can help get you the evidence, could you do me a favor?"

"What would that be Harry?"

"Could you make sure that Sally keeps her job for at least two years?"

"I could do that, why?"

"As soon as we are done here Serena, I'm sorry I forgot to introduce her, we will be going away for a long, long time."

"Were you fooling around on Sally also?"

"No Serena and I met Saturday night."

"Just how are you going to get these pictures?"

"We're going to fly out to the cruse ship and slip into their cabin and take them, then fly back home."

"You make it sound so simple; I wish I could go with you."

"Do you have a good camera and a couple of hours to spare tonight?"

"Yes, but it would take more than a couple of hours just to get there."

"Alicia, grab your camera and prepare to have your mind blown."

She ran and grabbed her camera, made sure to was charged, and came back to the living room.

"Ok, now what?"

"Follow us out back. It's almost eight so on the ship it should be one or two. When we get there do exactly what I say and be real quite."

He lifted his wrist and turned the dial and his suit came over him. He called forth his board and got on top of it. He held his hand out to Alicia and when she stepped on board, she was covered in silver. Serena got on after her, and Harry willed the board off the ground, and they headed off.

Alicia found that the ride was actually very comfortable, and before she knew they were at the coast of Texas. Harry called up the locator and zeroed in on the ship. The dot showed them to be in their stateroom, so as he eased the board up to the ship, he noticed all the lights were out.

He pulled up next to the balcony and Serena jumped over the rail and held out her hand for Alicia. Once she was over Harry stepped over and the board disappeared. As quietly as possible, He lifted the door handle and shoved to the right. Once the lock was out of the way, he slowly opened the door. There they both were, sound asleep.

In a whispered voice he said' "Serena, go stand by the door and be prepared to open it real fast. Alicia, get your camera ready and when I pull the covers off start snapping away."

He grabbed the blanket off from Sally's side. The sudden movement caused them both to wake.

"Alicia, how did you get in here?"

"Gee hubby, I think daddy will be real interested in these pictures and the pre-nup."

He started to get up when Harry let himself be known.

"Just stay there prick, I'd just like to know is it Sally with daddy issues or is it you with daughter issues. Sally, I told you don't come home, I've changed my mind, and you can have the house and everything. Alicia, it's time to go."

They both went to the door and headed down the hall towards the aft of the ship. When they got outside, Harry turned on his suit and called for the board. Alicia and Serena were right behind and they lifted off before anybody knew it.

"Oh damn, I haven't had that much fun in years. When we get home, will you tell me the rest of the story?"

Harry said, "Why wait, like I said, Saturday night Serena came to me and told me that she is a sear-com or search companion. She was looking for the surfer and her locator said it was me. I took her home with me so we could talk and have her explain to me what the surfer's job is.

"It seems I'm going to be some kind of super hero. I will fly around and turn wrong into right. The catch is, it's not just here on Earth."

"Are you saying there are people in outer space?"

"Serena, tell her where you're from."

"My home world is Ganymede. That is one of the moons the circle Jupiter."

As they were talking Alicia noticed they were already back in L.A. As they settled into Alicia's back yard, she asked, "Where do you go from here?"

"Well tomorrow, we will finish up all the things for our departure, then for a while I think we might try righting a few wrongs here on Earth. After that, the skies the limit."

Alicia looked at her watch and saw that they had only been gone for one hour. Before they could leave, Alicia insisted that they listen in on her phone call to her dad.

12