All Comments on 'Like A Secret Being Told'

by subtleperfume

Sort by:
  • 158 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Great story

I see many people ranting and raving about your usage of the English language. They complain on and on about it. Yes you could have used an editor. Did it make the story bad though? No it did not. The storyline is beautiful and captures the confusion of love perfectly. You did very well in that regard. Thank you for writing this. Don't let the naysayers stop you from writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Absolutely Beautiful!

Ignore the morons! This is gold! These keyboard warriors get so fixated on trying to ruin someone's day, they often forget that writing is art. Which means that it subjective to each reader.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Jesus, really angry anon...

It's just smut. Calm down before you have a heart-attack.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
One of my favourites!

Loved it, loved it, loved it! Beautifully written. Don't know what the heck those others are talking about!! I hope this doesn't stop you from writing and posting more! I think some people a) miss the point that this is an erotic literature site, and b) take themselves far too seriously! This is the second time I've read this story, and it won't be the last! Peace and love to you. X

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
LOVE IT

LOVE IT !!!!

Randee2058Randee2058almost 7 years ago
PASSIONATE 😍😍😍😍😍

This story was extremely well written and well edited. Please disregard those inhumane comments by those who have no humane character. I was deeply touched by the way you revealed the destructiveness of BIPOLAR DISORDER, I know cause I lost someone to it. I loved the final outcome it was enriching thank you.

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹 dozen roses and 5🌟's

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Love love

This is so beyond mere sex, it's a pure love, true love story.

And for the anons who didn't like it, I have three questons.

1. Why did you read all the way to page 6?

2. Why are your sheets drenched?

3. When will you get past your envy and search for your own secret to be told?

stormyeyedonestormyeyedoneover 6 years ago
Simply that good.

I have been on this site for years now as a reader, and only starting my own attempts at writing. Yet after all of this time since I first saw this story, I keep coming back for more. It is a beautiful story, well-written, and beyond any writing I can produce for sure. It is just simply that good. The descriptions are amazing, the emotions beautiful, and not to mention this story always makes me more than a little hot. Beautiful job.

subtleperfumesubtleperfumeover 6 years agoAuthor
responses to comments

Hello all you reviewers. Thank you for taking the time to read my stories and post comments. To those of you who were concerned that negative feedback drove me away from the site, I'd like to assure you that is not the case. There is very little on this planet that is suited to all of us, so I'm not bothered when someone doesn't respond well to my work. Though I must admit I'd prefer to receive a well-articulated critique than mean-spirited and unfocused remarks. Even so, unkind commentary has nothing to do with my absence.

In 2011, my life took a radical turn which required all of my attention and energy. That situation continues to the present day and simply doesn't leave me time to write. I did enjoy spinning these tales and if I get the chance, I'd like to do it again. If you're looking for something good to read, please check out my list of favorite stories. There's a wide variety of styles and subject matter on offer there.

As for the criticisms of my stories, I have to admit I agree with some of them. "A Perfect World" was the first time I had ever written a story of any kind. No one comes into the world fully formed and believe me, as I have gone back to read my stories again, I am painfully aware of how much I had to learn. With each new tale, I was trying to teach myself how to write, so I'm sorry I was forced to stop after so few. If I'm ever granted the time, I would love to go back and edit every one of my stories and then spin some new ones. That's another point I'd like to make in my defense: though I tried to get help with these stories, none of them were edited or proofread until the final two stories, "Remembering Ava" and "Relief". I don't care how good a writer is, everyone could benefit from an impartial eye. If I ever do get back to Literotica, I'll make sure I have help.

Thanks for reading and take care.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Absolutely amazing.

Everything was fitted in 6 pages- all the romance, sex, and everything in between. Well done!

stroudlestroudleover 6 years ago
Loved it so much

Such a good story with so much emotion crammed into 6 pages. One of the hotest endings out. I just loved it all. Thank you

Sexy_LisaSexy_Lisaover 6 years ago
Yet again!

This is my what, 3rd or 4th time reading this, and I have enjoyed it as much as I did the first time. Thank you...

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Absolutely brilliant from beginning to end!

SamG33SamG33about 6 years ago
Thank you

I have really enjoyed all your stories so I am very grateful you have shared them with us. I do hope you get the opportunity to write again. 😃

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Improper grammar

I quit this story at the first sentence. What the fuck, didn't any of you get through elementary school English?

If you don't know how to punctuate a sentence, then quit fucking writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
To the grammar freak

Calm the fuck down. It’s an online story, not a published book.

never2old66never2old66about 6 years ago
Beautiful story!

Great love story. I enjoyed it immensely. Well written and edited. Thank you and I hope you have more stories to share.

roveroneroveronealmost 6 years ago
my second time with this...

and still just as superb and hot as the first...

can't understand why my 5 stars from first time gone,but no matter-meant I could give them again

lovely characters/story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Calm down

Grammar cop, calm down.

It really isn’t necessary to attack an author. You can make your point, maybe even make a difference, without being so mean-spirited.

ukdukeukdukealmost 6 years ago
So, so beautiful!

Thank you so much for a beautiful story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Coming back to this story again and again

Possibly my favorite story on this site, especially the incredibly strong setup. Brings tears to my eyes every single time.

You are an amazing writer and I do hope that some day you will share new stories with us.

TSreaderTSreaderalmost 5 years ago
A beautiful story!

Beautiful in its words, so lovely in its entirety! Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Guy.rehmann@gmail.com

That was an incredible story! Sexy as hell and very passionate and loving.

Trace_WatersTrace_Watersabout 4 years ago
BHSaF

This story is Beautiful Hot Sexy as Fuck....sorry for the raunchiness of my comment. There is not anything raunchy in this story. A beautiful and beautifully told story of an enduring friendship, romance and love. Thanks for sharing. Trace

foxyfowlerfoxyfowleralmost 4 years ago
Perfect

I really enjoyed this story of petty minds and love two people have and truly love each other these two ladies and hope you will write and let us know how the future is for these two ladies is marriage on the cards and how about children and there stories, these two ladies seem to know what each is thinking and how much love they have between them so touching please write soon subtleperfume. xxx

FalcinatorFalcinatoralmost 4 years ago
Wonderful

A beautiful story, beautifully told.

OxidaOxidaalmost 4 years ago
Amazed

Just amazed with the level of detail you poured into telling this. Love it!

RangeExpanderRangeExpanderalmost 4 years ago

Loved all the detail, and the anal play - can relate!

Ravey19Ravey19over 3 years ago
Beautiful

I may be a bloke but I think this is absolutely beautiful throughout, the sex scenes included. So intense and so well written as was the whole article. So nice to see that the love of friendship wasn't lost and eventually developed into much more. 5 stars and a favourite.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
So beautiful

One of the most beautiful stories ever told. So like when I came out with my beautiful sweet friend I had known all my life. We both knew we were lesbians but it took a long time for us to admit we loved only each other. We are now married and so much in love.

Highc70Highc70over 3 years ago
Beautifully told

I loved the background and building of the story without just jumping to a sex scene. Well written!

2cookies4u2cookies4uover 3 years ago
Great Story

As a guy, this is one of the most beautiful stories I’ve ever read. You established each character; even sharing the story of Alejandra's mom. I really felt I knew Colleen and Alejandra. You could really feel they had something more than just their friendship. It was great that you waited to advance the characters into the sex scenes and truly meant more than just throwing in after the first page. Great job!

nyteramblernyteramblerover 3 years ago

I dont say much when I do comment. But lovey story and glad they go thru the separation and found the love they always had for each other....though as a guy makes me wonder how manny best friends end up in love with each other and tighter in some way. Specially the lady's.

ker63469ker63469about 3 years ago

Awesome. Such an incredible love story

longing4anallonging4analabout 3 years ago

VERY HOT STOREY AND THE SEX WAS GREAT.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Superb. So glad I found it. (and the others from this author)

NoTanLines2NoTanLines2almost 3 years ago

Wonderful, sweet, moving, intensely erotic, it touched me on so many levels. I noticed you haven't written in a while...hope you're OK. Thank you for sharing your very special storytelling talent with us. And if you ever feel moved to resume writing, this fan (and many others, I'm sure) will be delighted. Love, Kat. xoxoxo

OzeminotaurOzeminotauralmost 3 years ago

This is great please write more please you are very good

AshleyyAshleyyalmost 3 years ago

Yup thanks to this story I’ve discovered I’m a squirter

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
Pronouns, pronouns, pronouns

“they fashioned an image in my head of Colleen and I locked in an embrace,”

They fashioned an image in my head of Colleen locked in an embrace. Sounds ok.

They fashioned an image in my head of I locked in an embrace. Definitely not ok, should have used the pronoun ‘me.’

So the original quote should read: “they fashioned an image in my head of Colleen and me locked in an embrace,”

AlexieeeeAlexieeeeover 2 years ago

Wow i love this! Definitely one of my favs in here! <3

ScloseeScloseeover 2 years ago

I remember reading this story a while ago, and then couldn’t find it to read again. I am so happy that I found it and bookmarked it for future rereading!

I love your writing style and the way that you bring your characters to life. There is so much emotion in this story that nearly had me in tears. Please keep writing and sharing your great tal not with the rest of the world.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I really enjoyed that story.

There are elements in your story that resonate and for that I thank you for telling it so well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What a wonderful story of love! Sexy and very sweet.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The sex was out of whack with the tone of the story. It is way too porny and drags on far too long. These are first time lovers and neither character has ever been with a woman before. They would ease into things. The author has them diving into assholes. I thought the rest of the story was decent.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

5 stars.

One of the best descriptive sex scenes I have read. Usually they get a bit repetitive and boring. Not this one though. Well done.

I also thought that the two were amazingly advanced and skilled in their lovemaking repertoire for a couple of virgins. Just slightly out of keeping with the story.

Maybe its just me. Could I just be jealous coz I still haven't reached that level of proficiency.

A R W

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Beautifully written, thankyou

UncertainTUncertainTover 1 year ago

Back for a reread because it is such a wonderful story.

Reading_is4funReading_is4funover 1 year ago

Very nice read…easily 5 ⭐️ for me… perhaps the sex was to experienced for beginners…since I personally savor a good story I would have loved you would expand on the 2 weeks of Alli trying to figure here thoughts… her telling to her parents…why suddenly Colleen was ok after not seeing Alli for 1 1/2 years… anyway thanks for the nice story

subtleperfumesubtleperfumeover 1 year agoAuthor

I'm totally in agreement with the criticisms made by Reading_is4fun, and the two anonymous commenters who wrote: "The sex was out of whack with the tone of the story. It is way too porny and drags on far too long. These are first time lovers and neither character has ever been with a woman before. They would ease into things." and "I also thought that the two were amazingly advanced and skilled in their lovemaking repertoire for a couple of virgins. Just slightly out of keeping with the story." This was maybe the 2nd or 3rd story of any kind that I've ever written. There is so much of it I would like to change some day, if I can ever find the time. Thank you though, for taking the time to leave constructive criticism.

tarkabukktarkabukkabout 1 year ago

What a great story.

Thank you for sharing,

okami1061okami1061about 1 year ago

On the principles:

DO NOT rewrite this story. That's a losing battle. Direct your attention forward.

This story, as it stands, is an important artifact in Literotica history now. It shows who and what you were when you wrote it. Never ever regret anything about your stories once published other than technical editing. I frequently read an artist's complete works here, in publication date order, to watch and understand their writing growth. We (the writers out here reading) learn from you and your "mistakes" as much as you do. Erasing those mistakes takes away a valuable teaching aid for the rest of us.

On the story:

I, too, thought the story-to-sex ratio was off. But that's not because, in my opinion, there was too much sex, it was because there was not enough story; as great as what we saw, more would definitely have made it better. I would have liked to experience those two weeks with Allie coming to grips with the choice. I wanted to see how others, not just her family, dealt with it. As an aside, showing that part of the story might have been a valuable aid to real life people going through just those questions. (Though, don't get carried away trying to teach your readers; that's a different kind of losing battle).

And though we didn't get into Allie's relationship with her mother very deeply, it seems impossible that she would have told Allie such a horrible story of pain and loss that could have been paralleling what Allie was going through at that moment. It felt so heartless. The same information could have been presented another way, such as Allie recalling her mother having told her about her lost friend in the distant past. It could have even been part of what Allie was already afraid of.

Rapier875Rapier875about 1 year ago

WOW !

That was good - very, VERY good !

Rapier

Roti8211Chanai643Roti8211Chanai64312 months ago

A good story!

Is there more to their story, what happens next?

Thankyou

humminbeanhumminbean10 months ago

Fantastic! And no, the sex didn't go on too long. It's the million little details that make a real life encounter so memorable, and very few writers take the time to relish and record each one. Thanks for taking the time.

maria17maria178 months ago

This wonderful story you wrote grabbed me with its first paragraph. I cried when they cried. I felt what they were going thru.. that's an awesome writer that can make you feel their hurt. I loved everything about this story! The emotional part and the love scenes. Just because one is a virgin doesn't mean you don't know what to do. Lol. The imagination is a wonderful thing.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Well done! Agree with other commenter that this should not be rewritten. But . . . you could write a follow-up that fits in the two weeks while Allie weeks away. I'd also like to hear more about Colleen's relationship with the family. How could it change now that Allie and Colleen have hooked up? Do both sets it parents know each other? How do they interact? Lots more to write about if you want to revisit.

Please continue writing. It seems like there is a large gap between your early stories. Hopefully, you have been just living a full life and been too busy to write.

Mfj

learning_english_wrong_waylearning_english_wrong_way6 months ago

Ever since i read this story I'm using your cajun skillet beans recipe because it's so simple and delicious. Now I was back to read the ingredients again and I had to inform you that I'm very thankfull!

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous