All Comments on 'Like vs Love - There's a Difference'

by Cagivagurl

Sort by:
  • 121 Comments (Page 2)
sdc97230sdc9723010 months ago
Stuff

Even if two people don't actually live together, their stuff tends to migrate. There's probably some of her stuff at his place, too. Though in this case it sounds as if he had started the process of moving in if his stuff included a TV, tools and art.

It's good that this happened before the wedding, but it doesn't make the MC any more likeable. If you're that attracted to someone else, break up first and then have sex with the other person.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Kudos to Ben for escaping the slut.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Shit happens but not when planning for it. Going out together and having emotional and mental affair

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

The best bit about this story and contribution is the comment section, a far better read than the same old flawed ego.

BIGGUY441956BIGGUY44195610 months ago

The story was written mostly very well. I think what makes a great writer is someone that can write characters parts as if they were the ones really thinking those thoughts. When a writer of the opposite sex writes about what the other feels they have to put themselves into that character. When you were speaking in the male characters thoughts you were telling them as a woman would think and speak like. The only way a person like Adam would say the things you had him say was if he was a "hustler". I do not think that was what you had intended. A guy wouldn't be talking about another guys "ego". A woman would and they do it all the time so that is normal. Kind of put yourself into the person you are writing about in the future and your story dialogue will get better. Good luck.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Truly awesome 5 stars I truly enjoyed

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

One-sided female POV that makes this tale too much unrealistic. Get more balanced and realistic to receive a better rating.

danbo56danbo5610 months ago

great as ever Cagivagurl their could be a follow up here lust vs love as ever 5 plus for me

KenfromIndyKenfromIndy10 months ago

Interesting high overview of a life event that led to a better life. Really didn’t have the emotional connection to me. Overall it was well written and most important I was entertained so all boxes checked.

Please do keep writing and I will keep reading.

TangomoreTangomore10 months ago

From the beginning the protagonist is very ambivalent and naive to the extent it creates much uncertainty. Even in the middle and end she appears cavalier and nonchalant. Ben has integrity while Adam is a roguish interloper. It makes for a unrealistic tale with some shallow characters.

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandler10 months ago

I have not yet read this side of a break up for cause on this site. Her behavior was curious at first and my feelings were that she should be ostracized by her friends. Adam was a masher and only wanted the leftover. That they could actually form a loving, thriving relationship is beyond my comprehension. But, you did. Masterful job of creating this story.

Thanks. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

SimonCWSimonCW9 months ago

A decent read.

Sounds like Ben had a lucky escape from a cheating slut. She didn't love him and wasted 3 years of his life.

AstordatairAstordatair9 months ago

Very good story and great writing, as usual! Thank you!

Nasty56Nasty569 months ago

I believe she would cheat on Adam and make him a cuck! And he would take it based on his previous comment after the break up.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Ben dodged a bullet. Adam's kids probably aren't even his.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Pretty expensive route to take in order to understand “like v. Love.”

Stupid bitches are a pain from birth to death.

This one pissed me; at the time of her betrayal and explanation, I would have left her as well. I would have left her with several leg fractures

Let her balance and weigh that shit.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

It appeared to work out for all three of them. The fact she coukd bring herself to say that she loved Ben, meant they had no future, which is also why she cheated. We should accept what the author says that she had a great marriage with Adam and loved him and was faithful. Is that so hard to believe?

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19694 months ago

I didn't like reading that because it was too realistic and heartbreaking. A love born out of betrayal and heartbreak. Not exactly a romantic origin story to share with the grandkids.

Well written as usual though. Thanks.

phill1cphill1c4 months ago

Appreciated the writing. Hated the MC

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Isn't this just the same story as "What is love anyway"?

AnonymousAnonymous6 days ago

"It was a mistake. I don't want to talk about it. I said it wasn't important, it's over. I'm sorry it happened, but I can't change it. I can't take it back."

===> lol. What species is Lara from? Why does she expect that to be the end of the conversation. She cheated on her fiancé, then confessed (ok that was decent of her), but that does mean a simply apology and admission is where the buck stops. Hehe.

Honestly felt bad for Ben. She really never lived him. She said the words before her one night stand with Adam but couldn't afterwards. If they had gotten married, she would have cheated anyways down the road. While she was happy with Adam and fell in love, he all but explained he would be a perfect match for Lara, if and when she cheats down the road.

Honestly cheating on a fiancé is bad but nit nearly like a husband with kids. But her expectation of it being a simple discussion with sharp boundaries and limits was beyond naive and laughable. And in reality Ben told her if she could say she loved him, he might be able to work it out with her. Ben was a nice guy who got run over by Adam and Lara's sexual lust. While the latter fell in love, it started with lust. Ben is better off getting free. Adam is not somehow a superior person because he would forgive Lara out of hand like he claimed. That was spoken in lust. Good luck if she pulled that 10 years later. Life isn't theoretical speculation. It is visceral and real.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCagivagurl@Cagivagurl
Please do not ask for permission to rewrite any of my stories. The answer is no. The stories and characters within, are mine. I created them, they are mine and mine alone. Save yourself the time and don't ask. If I do not respond to your attempts at contact. It is because I do...