Like vs Love - There's a Difference

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

A cheeky smile crossed his face as he breathed out, "All the way."

"Bloody cheek of you."

His mouth left my arm. Before I could say anything, his mouth was over mine. His kiss, strong and powerful, his tongue urgent, forcing its way into my mouth. My eyes closed as I surrendered into the kiss. Oh, heaven. His lips felt so good, not sloppy, like some men, not dry and sticky, it felt perfect. Just like the first time.

Just as we were sinking, a voice screeched. "Get a bloody room why don't you."

It was Joanna, from accounting, and she looked pretty drunk. She wriggled into the booth on the other side of the table. Shocked by her call, we parted guiltily. "What's going on between you two then, aye?"

She was giggling stupidly. "Nothing, just a sneaky pash." Adam threw back at her. "Come round here, and I'll give you one, too." She squealed as he reached under the table and squeezed her knee.

"Piss off, you dirty bugger. Unlike Lara, I have some taste."

"Oh, I bet you taste lovely," he sniggered.

"Bloody cheek," she gasped.

A couple of the others returned to our table. Adam let his hand, slide up and down the inside of my thigh. I tried to keep my legs together, but he was an insistent bugger. The only way I could stop him was to make a scene, and I didn't want that.

His advance made me edgy, and I decided to leave. "Sorry guys, I have had too much to drink. I'm calling it quits."

"Piker," Colin from advertising jeered. "Bloody hell, its only early."

I turned to Adam, who was blocking my exit. "Could you move please, Adam, I want to leave." He slid out of the booth and gave me a hand to wriggle out as well. As I stood up beside him, he said, "I might head off as well. Do you want to share a taxi?"

Before I could say no, he was saying goodbye to everybody and leading me away by the hand.

"Christ, now they'll all be talking. Joanna will be telling them about our kiss."

"Let them talk, they're just jealous. Believe me, they would all love to be where I'm going to be tonight."

"And where would that be," I snorted.

"Between those gorgeous long legs of yours," he said with a lecherous smile.

I was about to rebuke him, but he cut me off by calling to a taxi driver, who leant against his car talking to another driver. Once in the cab and on our way, he pulled me into another kiss. Any resistance I was going to put up melted as his firm powerful lips crashed into mine.

My arms circled his neck, and I melted against him, his body heat radiating through my thin dress fabric. God, his hands were everywhere, and I was quickly losing the battle with my conscience about whether we were going to be sleeping together.

The taxi pulled up outside my house, and he whispered in my ear, "Would you like me to come in and make you a nice relaxing cup of tea?"

Shaking my head in disbelief at my actions. I replied, "Come on then. I'll not get any peace otherwise."

Inside, there was no pretence of making tea. His hands quickly released my dress, and it fell to the floor at my feet, his busy fingers trying dextrously to to release my bra clip. "Would you like a hand?" I asked.

"No thanks, I figured you'd be ti busy with my belt buckle."

"Why would I be busy with that?"" I sneered.

With a deft flick, my bra was gone, and his hands cupped and massaged my flushed breasts, his fingers toying with the firmness of my erect nipples.

All I wanted was that sexy kiss, my arms circling his neck, holding tightly as he mashed his body against mine, that damn belt buckle digging into my tummy button.

Flicking off my heels, I felt the instant relief. He was so much taller than me, I felt like a dwarf beside him.

"Aren't you cold, standing out here naked except for your knickers?" he said with a warm chuckle.

"I wouldn't be naked, if it wasn't for your intrusive hands."

"Perhaps I should get you into bed then?" he said firmly.

The tiled floor was cold underfoot as we walked up to the bedroom. I pulled back the covers and wriggled out of my panties. God knows how he managed to shed his clothes so quickly, but he was naked beside me, the cool linen sheets covering our bodies.

We rolled together, kissing, his erection already poking me in the tummy. I let my hand slide down his side, across his tummy, and grabbed his throbbing cock. I giggled as I thought about it. I loved that word, it seemed so dirty, erotic. He squirmed against me as I stroked up and down the length, enjoying the soft yet firm skin...his balls, swollen and tight.

"Jesus, go slow, Lara. I did mention. I haven't had sex since we were last together. You keep going like that, and it'll be all over before we start."

I giggled as his hand found its way between my legs, and I writhed a little myself, shocked at how slippery I was. In no time, his fingers were inside me, the squelchy sloshy noises giving away my arousal. God, I could smell myself, was I that damn horny?

He was right: it was over quickly, thankfully the foreplay was enough for me to enjoy a wonderfully satisfying orgasm, which arrived not long after his.

It was the first of our sessions that night, and again in the morning. Oh blast, it did feel fabulous. So cosy and reassuring to wake in the arms of another human being. The morning sun beaming in, Bell Birds cheeping tunefully in the Kowhai out the window.

I felt content, for the first time in a long time. That yearning need for companionship satiated. We made love languidly, enjoying the unhurried pace.

We rose late, cooked brunch together and ate out on the patio. The conversation flowed so easily between us. It was like we were old friends, which in some ways we were.

After cleaning up and doing some laundry, we went for a walk down to the park. There was a kids' game of football in play. We stood with the parents watching. Adam chose one team to barrack for, and I chose the other. We yelled and encouraged. Clapped loudly, whistled, the game ending in a two-all draw.

We did get some funny looks from the parents, but it was fun.

We wandered back to my house, where we started working on an early dinner. It was early, because we both felt the urgent call of the bedroom.

That's how it started. A week later, he moved in. A month after that, he proposed. Six months later, we were married.

Twenty years later, I look back on my life. I consider myself to be so lucky. Our kids are finishing high school, they're fit and healthy. Adam and I are comfortable. We own our home, only the smallest mortgage left. I suppose it could be argued it was meant to be. I'm not so sure about all of that. What I do know is there is no question in my mind that I love that man so much, and there is no doubt in my mind that he loves me equally as much.

Ben, he went on to marry a very nice lady, they have their own family, and seem incredibly happy. It was a tumultuous breakup, but in the end. It worked out well. It took me a long time to understand the difference between like, and love.

The end

12