Lily's Playlist Pt. 08

Story Info
What I Got.
5.8k words
4.53
1.5k
1
0
Story does not have any tags

Part 8 of the 26 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 07/08/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Janay333
Janay333
39 Followers

On the drive to Austin, I refused to talk about Rocky. I didn't want to ruin the trip by being upset.

Trevor does bring up a slightly more pleasant topic: Cam. He doesn't know why I'm really upset with my brother, but I do tell him I don't know how to forgive him.

"Do you want my unbiased opinion?" Trevor asks.

The irony of that statement; Trevor being the neutral party between my brother and me. Once upon a time, I was the middle person. Trevor and my brother were on my side and didn't care much for each other. Cam thought Trevor was your typical college guy that was planning to use and hurt his little sister and Trevor thought Cam babied and spoiled me.

To an extent, they both were right. I was completely dependent on Cam. And Trevor never used me, but it did hurt when he never returned the massive crush I had on him. All that changed after I graduated from Baylor. By then, Trevor and I were just great friends. I also got a job to support myself while in grad school so I didn't run to my brother for everything.

On the other hand, Trevor was having problems finding an entry level job. He majored in computer programming. My brother had a job in Dallas in that field using his Air Force connections. When I reached out to him about job leads for Trevor, Cam hired him as his intern and Trevor moved to Dallas too. Long story short, after 6 months, Trevor got hired on and he and my brother became close friends. At the time, I was thrilled my two favorite guys were getting along so well. Oh, how the tables turned.

"Sure. Go ahead." I replied, honestly interested in what he had to say. Maybe my brother told him something...

"You love each other. At the end of the day, what's more important?" He said.

I want to argue. Truth. Loyalty. Trust. Fucking normalcy. But as I think about it, I can't even convince myself. I wanted my brother back in my life more than anything else.

When we finally arrived in Austin, the first thing we did was buy clothes. We found a touristy western shop and agreed to buy each other's outfit. I picked out blue jeans, a matching western style denim button down and, of course, a cowboy hat for him. After we paid for our purchases, we went to the fitting rooms to get changed. I laughed, in horror, at what he got me. I was standing in the mirror with a short jean skirt that has a pink rhinestone design on the back pockets and a pink halter. He finished the look with a sleeveless denim vest and white rhinestone covered cowboy boots.

"I can't believe I forgot the hat!" He laughed, when I step out the dressing room.

"I can't believe I have to wear these boots." I said, laughing too but we took a ton of selfies in the mirror and posted them online proudly.

After that, he asked me what I felt like eating. I told him I had no preference. I was not surprised we ended up at a burger bar. Trevor is a meat and potatoes type of guy. I was surprised by the selection of burgers. I tried the Greek burger. It's made up of a lamb patty, feta cheese, arugula, onions, tomato, cucumber and tzatziki sauce. Trevor got the Primetime that had Kobe beef, brie cheese, truffle aioli, arugula, onions and steak sauce.

He also ordered us 2 of their brewed beers and truffle parmesan fries to share. It was all amazing. We ate our meal on the patio of the restaurant.

"I will never be able to eat regular fries again." I lamented after he fed me the first bite of fries.

"Sorry." He smiled, before digging into the fries himself.

After walking off our food and enjoying the scenery, we went to the bar Bilal was performing at. In Trevor's 3rd year of college, he shared a school apartment with 2 other guys. To this day, they were all very close. Bilal was one of them.

Bilal got a degree in communications, inherited his trust fund from his grandfather, and then moved to Austin with his band. Trevor came out to Austin as often as he could. During graduate school, I was always dreading the day he got another job and moved out here permanently, but he never did.

Bilal's band is a ska punk band, and they're as good as I remember. Bilal plays the bass. Trevor and I are grooving to the beat at a table while gulping down drinks. When their set is over, Bilal makes his way over to us.

"Lily, you look more beautiful every time I see you." He greeted me, giving me a huge hug. He was just as handsome as I remembered; his hair was a little longer and just shaggy enough to cover his eyes as he played on stage. It was pushed back now not obscuring his hooded brown eyes, chiseled jawline and scruffy facial hair. He perfected the unkempt but stylish look he began in college.

"And you look like a freaking rockstar! That set was everything! Y'all did a Nicki cover?!?" I hugged him back, beaming.

"Ironically. Did you pick that up?" He pulled away.

"Nope. I got Barbie tease all the way." I lied dancing around and he chuckled at me.

"What the fuck are you wearing?" Bilal asked Trevor when he stood to give him a bro hug.

"Hey, she picked it out!" Trevor pointed at me. I giggled and finished my drink.

"Looks like we need another round. Just tell the bartender you're with me" Bilal told Trevor.

"Why don't you just go get them?" Trevor asked.

"I see you all the time. I wanna catch up with Lily." Bilal answered. Trevor grumbled a little more before going to the bar.

"It's good to see you, especially with Trevor. I'm so glad you two are finally making a love connection." Bilal smiled at me.

I snorted, than giggled because I snorted. "No love connection. We're actually escaping your ex love connection." I explained.

"Rocky?" He asked.

"Shhhh, I'm not supposed to talk about her around you. That's one of her rules. As if the break up wasn't awkward enough. She had to make fucking rules about it. See? That is why I'm glad Trevor and I never made a looove connection. I would never want to have a messy breakup like y'all did. It was awful." I rambled. Obviously I get loose with the lips when I drink. I was too tipsy to care.

Bilal just shook his head. "That's crazy. You shouldn't let our bad decisions influence you."

"I'm not. I'm not in the business of changing someone like she was. And is. Although, she did kinda whip her boyfriend into shape. It's hilarious and ridiculous at the same time. I don't have to whip my guy, he's amazing." I gushed.

"You have a boyfriend?"

I frowned. "No. He wanted to be my boyfriend two years ago, but I moved to California. Now I think he likes me, and I know I like him. But I don't know if he likes me or if he just pities me, ya know?"

"The dude with the kid?" Bilal said, with a worried brow.

"Yes. His name is Ethan. The kid is EJ. And they are both awesome." I reassured him.

"What's awesome?" Trevor asked when he came back with shots and more members of Bilal's band, including Ian- another college friend.

"Everything is awesome. Everything is cool when you're part of a team." I sang, smiling at Trevor while giving Ian a hug.

Trevor laughed, putting his arm around me. "After this, you're cut off." He said, handing me my shot.

"To Austin." He toasted us.

"To Austin!" We repeated, clinking our shot glasses, tapping them on the table and then downing them.

We spent the rest of the night talking over the music and I forced everyone to dance with me once. We documented it all with photos and videos on social media. After the bar closed, we stumbled to Bilal's apartment. The original plan was for Trevor and me to get a hotel room, but Bilal insisted we stay with him. He has a second bedroom, so I expected to share a bed with Trevor. Trevor felt the same, because he immediately led me to the room.

"Trevor. Come here for second." Bilal called from the doorway. Trevor gave me a lopsided smile.

"Be right back Lilypad." He said, before turning around. I fell asleep waiting for him to come back.

The next morning, I woke up alone. When I shuffled out to the living room, I saw Trevor sleeping on the couch.

I retrieved my phone from the bag, and saw I have texts from Sammy and missed calls from Rocky, Ethan, and my boss Derek. I listened to Derek's voicemail first. He has a last minute session I need to cover. I groaned and called Christy. She agreed to cover for me, no questions asked. I felt sick. I didn't know if it was the drinking or the guilt I felt about neglecting my responsibilities.

I tried to wake up Trevor but he just looked at me, and rolled over. I decided to focus on breakfast instead. I navigated to Round Rock Donuts. The only reason I knew of this place was because Trevor and I saw it on Man vs Food. I was relaxing after a test and we were eating junk food and watching the host attempt to eat a donut as big as his head in Austin. We called Bilal right away, and told him we wanted to go there as soon as I was done with school. It was supposed to be our celebration trip.

While I waited in line for the donuts, I tried to call Ethan back, but he didn't answer. When I got back to the apartment, Trevor and Bilal were up.

"Where were you?" Trevor asked.

I motioned to the box of donuts. "Getting breakfast." I replied. "I tried to wake your drunk ass up. This is the second time in two weeks you passed out on the couch. You're becoming a lightweight."

Bilal smiled. "I can't believe you remembered that." He said, grabbing a donut.

"Of course I did. I remember we were supposed to take a vacation out here too. With everyone. We should still do that." I said. Trevor looked lost in thought.

"T-Rev?" I asked, questioningly.

"Sure Lilypad. Sounds good." He agreed with me, with a little smile.

By the time we get ready to head back to Dallas, Trevor is back to his goofy fun loving self. I credited it the donuts. You can't help but feel giddy when you enjoy the sweetest sin that is Round Rock's donuts. Another thing I will never be able to truly enjoy again in Dallas now that I tasted perfection here. I was sure that was for the best for my waistline and sugar intake.

On the car drive home, we had a blast, singing and rapping along to the music, and challenging each other about who knew what artist or lyrics best. By the time we were 30 minutes out of Dallas, I was dreading going home and facing Rocky.

"What were y'all arguing about anyway?" Trevor asked me, turning down the music as he drove.

"We weren't really arguing. She's like constantly getting on to me. And I know that's just how she is, but it's frustrating." I explained.

"What was she getting on to you about?"

"The way I dress. The things I say. The things I didn't even say. The way I fucking breathe!" I exaggerated.

Trevor chuckled

"But it was like small stuff..." I started, explaining to him the cabin incident then the conversation at the game.

"And it wasn't like I was mad about her telling me I need to watch how I dress. I really wasn't. Even though Sammy thought Rocky was just upset that I was trying to be the hot one." I finished.

Trevor shook his head. "Sammy is stupid. You both are hot. Don't let her try to put you down."

I look over at Trevor, surprised by his rough tone and his tightened grip on the wheel. "I didn't think she was..." I trailed off. When he relaxed, I continued. "I was more upset about the whole Megan thing."

"Do you feel like you need to talk to Megan about everything that happened?" Trevor asked.

"No. I agree with Rocky. That was two years ago. Who cares? The fact Rocky thinks I don't recognize that is what pissed me off."

"Good." Trevor nodded. "We both know how Rocky is. It's her way or no way. I let majority of what she says go in one ear and out the other but you take things to heart. You need to sit her down and tell her how it makes you feel."

I pouted. "I don't take everything to heart."

He looked over at me briefly and grinned. "Yeah, that's why you're pouting right now."

I make an awful exaggerated sad face that made him laugh. "It's not a bad thing. I was actually worried the other day, that Rocky's callous attitude was finally rubbing off on you. I think you need to stand up for yourself with Rocky 'cause she's used to treating you that way. But don't ever lose your sensitivity. It's beautiful." He complimented me.

I smile, and look over at him, waiting for the punchline. It never comes. He's focused on the road, so I just study him. When did he become so sweet and wise? I guess I wasn't the only one to change over the years.

"I agree with her about that dress though. I could see everything." He winked at me.

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever. Why didn't you say something if it was sooo inappropriate?"

"I didn't say it was inappropriate. Even if it was, it's against man law to tell a hot girl to cover up. Unless she's related to you, but even then, there's a hotness factor you have to abide by."

"Perv!" I laughed. A little late, but there's the punchline.

"Remember, stand your ground." Trevor said to me, when we got back to Dallas and he dropped me off at Rocky's house.

I shook my head. "Not necessary. I'm gonna be like you. In one ear, out the other."

"I don't think you're as cool as me to pull that off."

"I'm cool like the other side of the pillow!" I declared, leaning over to give him a hug. He holds me for a moment, before letting me go. Hopping out the car, I gave him a confident grin. "Thanks Trevor. See ya later."

I walked to the house, ready to slay my own dragon/witch/beast hybrid. Inside, Brandon is in the kitchen, stirring tomato sauce in a pan. Rocky is buttering a sliced French loaf. The smell of garlic overwhelms the kitchen.

"Wow. It smells good in here." I exclaimed.

"Lily! Perfect timing. It's almost ready." Brandon greeted me.

"All we need is the salad. You can get started on that." Rocky said, smiling sweetly. I wasn't fooled by her smile. She was trying to get me relaxed and comfortable before she struck. Not happening.

"I would love to. But I really should shower first." I replied, just as sweetly.

Her smile faltered briefly. "Go ahead, we'll wait."

I take my time showering and washing my hair. I slather lotion all over myself and dress in the sexy low cut maxi dress I bought with Sammy. I was saving it for Ethan, but I needed to prove a point. I towel dry my hair then pile the messy curls up into a bun. Dressed for battle, I head back to the kitchen. I'm shocked to see the salad ingredients sitting out waiting for me. I figured Rocky would get impatient waiting and would make it herself, then she could complain about having to make it. But that's ok. Game on.

"Where'd Brandon go?" I asked her, washing my hands.

"He left to go get some wine." She answered, looking me over. "You look nice."

"Nice and appropriate?" I questioned, spinning in a full circle.

"Very." She said, dryly.

"Thanks. Sammy the slore picked it out." I told her, grabbing the lettuce, tomatoes, carrots and cucumbers and throwing them in a colander to wash.

"So are we going to talk about why you ran to Austin with Trevor?" Rocky asked, changing the subject.

"I definitely did not run. We drove." I hid my grin from her. That's something Trevor would say. I was so glad I thought of it.

She sighed. "You know what I mean."

"I don't. I told you I had plans at the game."

"Plans before or after you got upset with me?" Rocky questioned.

"I wasn't upset!" I answered, too quickly. Dammit. Her lips twitched in amusement.

"Why would you think that?" I said, regaining my cool, as I tore the lettuce into the salad spinner. "Do you think you said something that woulda made me upset?" I spun the lettuce, looking her straight in the eye.

"Sometimes the truth hurts. Even if that wasn't the intent." Rocky shrugged, keeping my stare.

"And sometimes people should just keep their opinions to themselves. Unless asked." I challenged. Any other time, I would accept that as her way of apologizing, but not this time.

The tension was broken when Brandon returned.

I focused on finishing the salad when Brandon asked me about my trip. "So how was it? I miss being able to be spontaneous and just leave. The joys of working in retail."

"It wasn't spontaneous. It was planned." Rocky corrected him. "Kinda weird you planned it on a weekend you were on call..."

"It turned out ok. Besides, Bilal's band was playing a major bar. Couldn't work that around my schedule." I lied, trying to cover up that she had me on that. She knows I would never skip out on any of my responsibilities. I was still feeling bad that I did. I was hoping the mention of Bilal would throw her off that line of questioning.

"That's your ex, right babe?" Brandon asked, changing the subject for me.

"Well, yeah." I answered quickly. "But he was so much more than just her ex. Rocky is my person. Bilal is Trevor's person. Bilal was Rocky's boyfriend. I wanted Trevor to be my boyfriend. We were like the fantastic four in College- Inseparable." I grinned, good naturally.

Rocky forced a smile. Brandon just listened, nodding understandingly.

"We should all make a trip down there soon! We never got to after I graduated." I reminded her. "Trevor was talking about going down for the Fourth of July."

Brandon answered when she just narrowed her eyes at me. "My mom always has a huge bbq at the house. We have a swimming pool and everything. The whole family goes. I understand if you wanna go to Austin, but my mom invited you too."

Now I was shocked. "Me? Really?"

"Of course. She's been trying to get you over there ever since EJ started talking about you. After I bragged about your cooking, she's not gonna stop til you come." Brandon explained as he set the table.

Rocky looked over at me. When Brandon's back is turned, I waved my hand like I was holding a white flag in surrender. I don't need to be going into battle with her. I need to be focusing on being Ethan's girlfriend by the 4th of July. She smiled, but pretended to wave her flag as well.

"Tell your mom I would love to." I replied.

"Awesome. Let's eat!" Rocky declared.

Surrendering never tasted so good.

-----------------------------------

The next day at work, I found Christy first thing.

"Thank you so much for covering for me. I swear when I didn't get a call Saturday afternoon I thought I was all clear and I went out of town. I'll work two of your weekends. Whichever ones you choose." I thanked her profusely.

"It's no big deal. Just don't make a habit out of it." She said, patting me on the shoulder. "As far as working my weekends, I have another proposition for you. Can you take over Darren Wood's rehab for me?" Christy asked.

"Done!" I agreed, enthusiastically.

"Don't get too excited. He's young and stubborn. And constantly late. And he's supposed to be here 3 days of the week. Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Don't be surprised if he cancels on you. Particularly on Friday. I've already talked to the parents, but it didn't help. I just don't have the patience for him." Christy explained. I nodded and thanked her again. I remembered Darren. He was one of her patients I worked with when I shadowed her. He was the 17 year old patient that claimed he broke my rehab cherry.

Just as Christy said, Darren was late. He was supposed to be here at 4:30, the last appointment time because of his school schedule. He doesn't show up till 4:50. "Hey, you're normally gone by the time I get here." he grinned widely.

"Yep, couldn't leave because you're now my last appointment of the day." I told him.

"For reals? What happened to Christy?" He asked.

I had already thought over my approach. I couldn't let him think it was acceptable for him to be showing up late and half-assing. I was aware that I could contact his parents again like Christy did, but at the end of the day, he was my patient and it was his knee. I needed commitment from him.

"Honestly, she couldn't continue to keep up with your routine of being late and canceling. You're the one that's going to have to deal with your knee for the rest of your life. What can we do to make this successful?" I asked him, as we headed over to the stretching mats.

Janay333
Janay333
39 Followers
12