Linda Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
GTO_Racer
GTO_Racer
3,598 Followers

I thought about that for a bit as we lay there. She really was beautiful, ad I was really attracted to her. Also, the attraction wasn't just physical.

Finally, I pulled her in for a kiss. "OK." I whispered as I hugged her. "How about we kind of take this slow. We'll go out. Get to know each other better, and see where it goes." I pulled back and looked her in the eye. "I don't have a problem with Danny or Dave, but I won't put up with you doing some random guy. Also, before you do anything with anyone else -- including Danny and Dave -- we need to discuss it and agree to it. We will need to discuss this more later too. Now isn't the time."

April and I went out together for the rest of the summer. She then moved with me to Boston where Aunt Elizabeth helped get her a job as I went though Law School. Yes, we were like every other couple. We had arguments, made up, and went on. Because of her job, we moved out of Aunt Elizabeth's house into our own apartment. I accepted that she was not completely gay, and every once in a while, she would have (PROTECTED) sex with a guy. We always discussed it beforehand though. They were always guys that we both knew and trusted. She also made sure to let them know what the deal was beforehand and always came back home to me. One of the rules was that she would never spend the night with someone else and would always clean up before coming back home. Yeah, it hurt a bit, but we both loved each other and dealt with it.

YAAAAAYYYYYY!! Graduated!! Everyone came to my graduation. Aunt Gail, Mandy, Robin, Kayla, Danny, and Dave. Of course, Heather and Aunt Elizabeth as well as several other friends were there as well. Even Naomi was there. Aunt Elizabeth threw me a big party at her home. April and I moved back to Las Vegas. Heather had made me an offer to join her firm, but I really wanted to go back to what I now felt was home.

Aunt Gail doesn't think that I know this, but she helped get me a job at a pretty good law firm in Las Vegas. I passed the Bar Exam and began working with women and children in domestic cases. April also was able to quickly get a really good job as soon as we moved back as well. Life went on. April and I moved into a really nice apartment. We still saw Aunt Gail and everyone else regularly.

"Babe? What do you think of having children some day?" April asked one night as we were cuddling on the couch watching a movie.

I looked over at her and saw the hopeful look on her face.

"You know that I love children, Sweetie." I told her. "But first off, we would need to discuss how we would go about doing it. STOP ROLLING YOUR EYES, DAMNIT! I KNOW HOW TO DO IT BIOLOGICALLY! What I meant was, which one of us gets pregnant? Do we find a random donor, or ask someone we know? Do we use artificial insemination, or would we try doing it naturally? There are hundreds of questions about it before we actually start trying. Besides that, we aren't even engaged, much less married, and I really do believe that children should be raised in a home where the parents are married."

"OK. You are right, but maybe we can at least start talking about it?"

"Of course, Sweetheart." I smiled. "Let's think about it. We will discuss it more tomorrow."

Yes, I love kids. I really did want some of my own, but just never thought it would happen. The ideal intrigued me. We discussed it more over the following couple of months.

April:

Linda had set up a date night. She had been wanting to go on the High Roller. For those of you not familiar with Las Vegas, the High Roller is a HUGE Farris wheel that takes you up into the sky near the Vegas Strip. It has enclosed cars that can accommodate around 30 people. They even have a bar in some of them. The whole circuit takes about half an hour. The view is spectacular.

When we got to the loading place, I frowned slightly. This was a date night for us. It was supposed to be just the two of us, but there was Gail, Mandy, Robin, and everyone else.

"Sorry, Sweetheart." Linda said. "I guess I forgot to tell you that when I mentioned that we were going to do this, Aunt Gail and everyone else said that they would like to go as well. Since the car can hold so many people, I just decided to rent an entire car so everyone could go. Don't worry, once we get off, we will have a nice dinner and some dancing alone."

Well, I guess I couldn't be too irritated about that. We all got on and began our journey into the Las Vegas sky. It really was beautiful. Linda and I were together, arms around each other as we rode into the night sky. The car stopped as we reached the apex, and everyone stopped talking and turned towards Linda and I. I noticed more than a few of them had their phones out facing us. Aunt Gail also had a video camera out and turned in our direction.

Suddenly, Linda let go of me and dropped to one knee. She had pulled a small velvet box out of her purse.

"April, I have grown to love you with all of my heart. We have been together for five years, and stood together through thick and thin. You are the love of my life. All others pale in comparison to you. Will you make me the happiest woman on the planet and marry me?"

OHMYGOD! OHMYGOD! OHMYGOD! I couldn't believe it! I just stood there with my mouth on the floor. Yes, I loved her, but she really never mentioned getting married. I had no idea. Suddenly, everyone showing up tonight made perfect sense. Obviously, she had told everyone what she was going to do and set it all up. I was so overwhelmed that I burst into tears and dropped to the floor wrapping my arms around her neck. I kissed her passionately.

"YES! YES! YES!" I shouted. "Of course, I'll marry you."

Screams of delight were heard as well as congratulations. The bartender suddenly appeared beside us with two flutes of Champaign. We drank to several toasts. The rest of the night was pure magic. Yeah, I forgive her lie about being alone later. Aunt Gail had reserved a large table for a celebration dinner. We then went to the club where we were the guests of honor. Everyone had to come over to congratulate us. Even Denise, Linda's first girlfriend, kissed and congratulated us. We finally got home and made sweet love until daylight.

Linda:

We set the date. June 24th. That was the day back in 2015 where my life fell apart. This time, it would be the day where my life became whole again. The preparations were endless. Yes, we argued, but then came to agreements. Aunt Gail insisted that we use her house for the ceremony and reception. We both agreed, after all, I was a beautiful location. She had it fully catered. We would be married on the front steps, and the reception would take place in the back yard.

I had met April's family a few years ago, and, while they weren't too thrilled with their daughter being in a lesbian relationship, they eventually warmed up to it. We did tell them that we were eventually planning on having children, so they would get to have grandkids. Aunt Gail freaked them out a bit, but when they saw that we were totally committed to each other, they accepted us. Her dad agreed to walk her down the aisle, and her older sister would be her Maid of Honor. Gail was my Maid of Honor. Mandy, Robin, and Kayla would be my Bridesmaids. April had some of her friends as bridesmaids as well.

"Dave. Can I talk to you for a minute?" I asked.

"Sure, Linda. What's up?"

"Hey," I stammered. "You know that April and I are getting married."

"Uuuumm, yeah. You do remember that I was there when you proposed, right?" he laughed.

"Yeah." I giggled. "So, uhm, you know that my parents disowned me, and, uh, I basically have no father." I looked up into his eyes. "I want you to know that you have been the closest thing to a father figure to me since Aunt Gail found me in that little apartment on Fremont Street."

"Well, I'm truly honored that you feel that way, Sweetheart. I really do admire what you have become after what you went through, and if you think that I helped, I am glad really happy about that."

"Yeah, well, I have looked up to you, and I really think that you are a great guy." I paused, then looked down at my feet. "What I want to ask is if you will walk me down the aisle for my wedding?"

"Oh, Honey. I would be honored to. You have always held a special place in my heart. It would be my honor to do that. Thank you."

I threw my Arms around his neck and pulled him in to plant kisses on his cheeks. "Thank you so much, Dave. I love you."

So, our wedding got closer. Plans were finalized. Hotels for out of town guests were booked. The honeymoon was booked. (A week long cruise down the 'Mexican Riviera', if you must know). Dresses were purchased. Everything was on schedule. I had broken down crying on Aunt Gail's shoulder a few times lamenting about my family not being there for my wedding and that my daddy wouldn't be walking me down the aisle. Yes, I did love Dave, and he was a more-than-suitable replacement, but he wasn't my Daddy.

You wonder why I still care about that after what they did to me? For eighteen years they loved and nurtured me. For eighteen years, they held me as I cried, celebrated my successes, and encouraged me through my struggles. For eighteen years, they were the rock that I built the foundation of myself on. I went to the church. I worshiped with them. I learned what they taught. I struggled enormously when I realized that I was gay. I knew what they were going through when I came out to them that awful June day. They didn't think they had a choice back then, and, truthfully, I didn't give them the time to come to terms with it. Learning that their sweet, loving, innocent daughter was a perverted heathen (in their eyes) must have shocked them to the core. Then, on top of that, their only son gets killed by a drunk driver. They must have thought that the world just dropped out from under them. Of course, I still loved them. Of course, I still missed them. I'm human. I am a Christian! I was taught to love one another and forgive! Aunt Gail taught me to Love the sinner, yet hate the sin. I will ALWAYS love them, and I would forgive them for what they thought they had to do. Seriously people, have some compassion.

About a month before the wedding, Aunt Gail began acting a bit strange. Her phone would ring, and she would go into her office with the door closed to answer it. While this in and of itself wasn't unheard of, it was happening rather late at night for it to be business related. She would usually brush it off about it being club related or some vague issue with a friend. I would also walk into a room when she was whispering something to Dave or Mandy, and they would suddenly stop and start asking me questions about something. Kayla also became nervous when I would talk to her as if there were some secret that I was about to discover from her. Even Robin had a big grin on her face like she knew something I didn't know. I finally brought it up to Aunt Gail about a week before the wedding. She just laughed.

"Baby, you are getting married in a week. You do realize that it is customary to give presents for a wedding, don't you? You think that, perhaps, we might be discussing that and want to keep it as a surprise?"

Facepalm! Duh! I really felt stupid.

Wedding rehearsal. DISASTER!! Dave had hurt his leg working on his car. He could barely walk down the aisle. I was nearly in tears. He assured me that he was going to take as much ibuprofen as he could and alternate heat and ice on it overnight to make sure that he could walk me down the aisle the next afternoon. April took me in her arms and soothed me. I just didn't know what I was going to do if Dave couldn't walk.

April was staying with her parents that night -- you know, the married couple are not supposed to see each other before the ceremony. I thought that it was kind of strange that Aunt Gail insisted on driving April back. I mean, why couldn't she just ride with her parents? It also took Aunt Gail several hours to get back home. It should have only taken her about 45-minutes. She explained the next day that she was trying to help Dave with his leg.

The next day was a frantic mess of getting ready. My group went to one spa to get hair, nails, and makeup done, while April and her entourage went to another spa. Back at Aunt Gail's to get dressed. I tried to put my fears about Dave's leg to rest, but it was still gnawing at me. Aunt Gail assured me that everything would be OK, but she was mum about Dave's status.

"Don't worry, Sweetie. Everything will work out." She assured me as she went out the door to check on some last-minute preparations.

"Linda, I need to talk to you for a minute, but you need to stay calm. We can't have you ruining your mascara." Aunt Gail said as she came into the room about half an hour before the ceremony.

Yeah, Right. Nothing will bring up the terror in someone like telling them to try to remain calm before bringing bad news.

"Look, Dave really tried to get ready for today, but he just couldn't do it. I'm sorry, Baby, but he can't walk you down the aisle."

Oh no!! I started to rear up. I really did feel bad for Dave though. He really seemed to be looking forward to today. I knew that he really did do everything he could, and it must be really hurting him that he thought that he was letting me down.

"It's OK." I sniffed. "I know that he did everything in his power. Please let him know that he isn't at all to blame for this. I don't want him to feel bad."

"Hey. I do have some good new for you though." She brightened. "I got a wonderful stand-in for him."

"What do you mean?" I asked confused.

"I found someone to walk you down the aisle!"

"But..." I started.

"Please? Just let me bring him in and talk to you. I really think that you will agree to this." She said brightly.

"OK. Fine." I sighed. I couldn't imagine anyone other than Dave walking me down the aisle, but I really didn't have much choice except for walking alone. I turned away as Aunt Gail whispered to someone to come in.

"Linda? Baby?" A deep baritone voice that I immediately recognized spoke.

Spinning around, my eyes locked on the two people who had just entered the room.

"MOMMY? DADDY?"

Aunt Gail is the engineer. Ask her I teleported across the room faster than the speed of light.

"We missed you so much, Baby. Mom bawled. "We're so, so, so sorry for what we did, and we were so worried about you for so long."

"I'm so sorry for what we put you through. Can you ever find it in your heart to forgive us, Sweetheart?" Dad added.

We talked for a while until it was time to begin the ceremony. They told me that they had hired an investigator to try and find me right after Kenny was killed, but had to give up after a couple of months. They didn't know if I were even still alive until my letter arrived. a couple of months ago when Aunt Gail and Robin went out to California for one of my Great Uncle's funeral. They had broken down one evening when Aunt Gail and Robin were having dinner with them. They told Aunt Gail and Robin about the letter, and that they knew that they would be the only two people in the family that I might have any contact with. It took them a while, but they finally realized who the two people that I had mentioned in the letter were. They knew that Robin was kind of the accepted 'black sheep' of the family, and assumed that she would be the most likely family member to hear from me. Then, they realized that Robin lived at Aunt Gail's house. Even though Aunt Gail took great precautions to hide her lifestyle from the rest of the family, there were a few clues floating around that Aunt Gail was not completely as innocent as she appeared. Aunt Gail and Robin finally let them know that I was safe and doing well. After letting them have it for about half an hour (Yes, Aunt Gail does have a temper) telling them about what had happen to me, they concocted this plan to surprise me and have my dad to walk me down the aisle. Apparently, Aunt Gail had gone over to the hotel they were staying at and talked to them for a few hours after they had gotten in.

I was glowing as my Daddy escorted me to the porch. I even saw several other aunts, uncles, and cousins sitting on my side of the aisle and clapping for me. I broke down in tears when the Officiant asked "Who gives this woman to be wed?", and my mother and father stood up and proudly announced "WE DO, HER MOTHER AND FATHER."

FYI, Dave's leg did take a while to heal -- after I kicked him in the shin just before getting in the car after the reception for pretending to have hurt himself just before my wedding. I made sure to wait until after we were finished dancing though.

EPILOGE:

No. That day did not erase everything that had happened before, but it did complete the circle. Mom and dad accept me for who I am. They still do not agree with my sexuality, but do love me and my wife. We visit them occasionally, as well as several of my relatives. Some of my relatives are still unaccepting and try to be hurtful, but I just ignore them. Their loss. Yes, April does occasionally still get together with Dave and Danny for her 'Hetro Fix' as she calls it.

Speaking of April's 'Hetro Fix', I need to get going. Aunt Gail is throwing a big party tonight. It's our 1-year anniversary, and both our families are going to be there. April and I have a big announcement for everyone. Dave already signed the paperwork for being the donor, and he couldn't be prouder to be named as an honorary uncle!

AND WE LIVED HAPPILY EVER AFTER!!

GTO_Racer
GTO_Racer
3,598 Followers
12