Live a little

Story Info
A spark ignites between two good friends.
6.8k words
4.65
11k
15

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 12/10/2023
Created 05/21/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Maggie was still at work when her phone beeped with an incoming message. She wasn't supposed to look at her phone during work hours, but sneaked a peek anyway. It was more of a guideline than a rule.

Happy Birthday! I have a present for u! Let's go out to dinner, just the 4 of us! - Marissa

Marissa was a friend and former coworker who never forgot her birthday. Maggie and Marissa had worked together for ten years before the latter had moved on to another office. The two friends kept in contact and got together for lunch or dinner when they could. Most of the time they would drag their husbands along as well. It was not a burden for the guys as they had become friends as well.

I'd love to, where and when? - Maggie

It's your birthday, you pick, 6pm works for us. - Marissa

Fine, Olive Garden, 6pm. - Maggie

Can't wait cupcake! - Marissa

Meet ya later muffin! - Maggie

The cupcake and muffin reference were an old joke between the two women. Maggie liked to bake treats, and often brought them into work. Years ago, Maggie had brought in some vanilla cupcakes to share with coworkers. The plain cupcakes had nothing on top, which Marissa was quick to point out.

"These are muffins, not cupcakes," she said.

"No, these are cupcakes," Maggie said, "I should know I baked them."

"Cupcakes have something on the top, like frosting or sprinkles. If you don't have the frosting, you're just a plain old muffin," Marissa said.

They argued about it for half a day until they agreed to consult a higher power, the world wide web. Although cupcakes are supposed to be lighter and fluffier, and be sweeter due to the higher sugar content, the deciding factor was in fact, frosting. Marissa started calling Maggie cupcake, and Maggie started calling Marissa muffin.

Maggie texted her husband Roger and told him to get cleaned up; they were going out to dinner with Marissa and Phil. Her husband approved as long as he didn't have to wear a tie. Phil was not a tie kind of guy, so Roger was off the hook this time. The women on the other hand would be dressed to the nines. When you didn't go out very often, you took advantage of every opportunity to dress up.

Maggie got home with enough time for a wardrobe change and a full reset of hair and makeup. Roger was passable in nice jeans and a button-down shirt. She was ready on time and came out of the bedroom and did a full twirl in front of her husband.

"Beautiful as always, but you're early," he said.

"What do you mean I'm early?" she asked, checking the clock.

"You are always fifteen minutes late, if you're on time, they probably won't even recognize you," he smirked.

She swung her purse and he ducked. He knew it was coming, they had been married for years.

Maggie and Roger arrived first, and waited for their friends in the bar. Maggie got a margarita, which sounded great after a long day at work. When it was delivered and she took her first sip, she realized it was a strong pour. She told herself to go slow and not get silly. She hadn't eaten anything since lunch and her stomach was empty. She didn't want to get blotto drunk before her food arrived.

Marissa and Phil arrived as Maggie finished her first drink, and the server led them to their table. It was a four-person table, at the end of a long room. It was not against any walls, and they could sit wherever they wanted. The girls immediately took seats next to each other so they could talk, leaving them men on the far side to do likewise. When the waitress came back to take their food order, she noticed Maggie's empty glass in front of her.

"Would you like another drink from the bar?" the waitress asked.

"I shouldn't," Maggie said, trying to convince herself.

"You should!" Marissa said, "It's your birthday, live a little!"

Bolstered by her friend, Maggie ordered another margarita. Marissa was a good friend and had no intention of letting her friend drink alone. She ordered a long island iced tea, while the men each ordered a beer.

Maggie was hoping the breadsticks would come soon, but the drinks made it back before the hostess did. Marissa made a toast to the birthday girl and they drank. Phil made a toast to her looking so young and they drank. Roger made a toast that his wife got younger looking every year, and they drank.

By the time the food came Maggie was feeling no pain, and trying to keep tabs on her own volume level. Most people had a tell when they got drunk. Maggie's tell was she went to volume ten, and sometimes eleven. She just got louder and louder in her excitement. The women talked about women stuff, and the men talked about men stuff. It was a pleasant and enjoyable evening on the two corners of the table.

The next time the waitress came back, she asked if anyone had saved room for dessert.

"I shouldn't," Maggie said again.

"Come on, it's your birthday, live a little" Marissa said, again.

Maggie had already decided against it; but after the good-natured ribbing from her best friend, she caved. She ordered a slice of cake called Death by chocolate. It sounded like an excellent idea.

Maggie enjoyed getting together with Marissa and Phil as often as possible. The other couple were not only good friends but fun to be around. They laughed and joked over dinner, covering a bit of everything, including working together in the past. Between the two women, they had their office running like a Swiss clock. If one of them was tied up with patients, the other took care of the schedule. If one got stuck on insurance, the other worked the billing accounts. They helped each other out when one of them got swamped; and supported the other when they felt overwhelmed.

The girls could be sisters and many patients had commented on the very possibility. Maggie was a beautiful woman with long blond hair that fell in waves on her shoulders. Her green eyes were warm and friendly and her smile and laughter was contagious. Maggie had a great figure that most other women would kill for, but she always thought she should be thinner. She had great womanly curves and could wear just about anything if she had the confidence to do so. Her husband Roger could not keep his eyes or his hands off his wife. Maggie's blunt style and sense of humor made her fast friends with just about everyone. Maggie had worn one of her husband's favorite shirts tonight, the red one with the V neck that looked like it was on fire. The red and orange pattern looked great on her, and it complimented her black skirt and low wedge heels.

Marissa was slightly older, but equally stunning with golden hair down past her shoulders. Her eyes were blue and she had a smile right out of a toothpaste commercial. Marissa also had a fantastic figure that she normally covered up with scrubs, but tonight she was showing off her dangerous curves in a cranberry plunge neckline shirt with a Cabi denim skirt that stopped just above her knees. She wore her good boots that had a little heel to make her legs pop. Marissa had a confidence about her that made men walk into walls. The two women together not only stopped traffic; they caused major accidents.

Maggie's birthday fell on Thursday this year and the office was closed on Friday. That made a night out with drinks and friends and easy sell. The girls were still discussing the day at work while the guys just rolled their eyes and laughed at the right places. It was common for Maggie to break down the day and talk about each patient and each individual conversation. Marissa then had to recap the procedure for each patient and the problems she encountered.

The waitress came back and said their desserts would be out in just a few minutes. In the meantime, she wanted to know if they all wanted another drink.

"Yes, we would," said Marissa, as bubbly as ever.

"The birthday girl will have another margarita and I'll have another long island iced tea."

As the waiter spun away from the table to get the next round of drinks Marissa caught the surprised look on Maggie's face.

"It's your Birthday, live a little."

Maggie just shook her head and looked to Roger for encouragement.

"Don't look at me" he said, "if Marissa wants to get you drunk that's fine by me."

Both the girls cracked up because they knew it was true, two drinks should just about do it. Three drinks and it was assured.

As the meal was finishing up Marissa produced a large gift bag covered with pictures of balloons and confetti. Maggie had told Marissa that she did not want any gifts and tried to look stern, but you could also see the excitement in her eyes as she was handed the present.

"Happy Birthday" Marissa said in a slightly tipsy sing-song voice and pulled the birthday girl into an off-balance hug.

A loud "Ooof" was forced out of Maggie as she was nearly tackled by her friend. As soon as the hug started Maggie was hyper aware of how tightly she was pressed up against Marissa and could feel her body through the clothing they both wore. Maggie was slightly shocked to feel Marissa's hard nipples pressed against her. Why was she turned on? Marissa smelled amazing with some kind of lavender perfume with just a hint of citrus from a shampoo. Maggie gave into the moment and nuzzled into her friend's neck before lifting up and trying to give her friend a quick kiss on the cheek.

Marissa had been enjoying the feeling of Maggie's body against hers just a little too much and was flushing from more than the alcohol. When Maggie nuzzled into her neck Marissa closed her eyes and opened her mouth to let out a very soft sigh. The result was that Maggie's kiss landed somewhere between the corner of her mouth and dead center.

Maggie was the first to pull back in surprise and gave her a moment to examine the woman she was still holding. Marissa was flushed pink and her eyes were still closed. Her tongue was already licking the spot where Maggie's lips had just been. When she finally did open her eyes, they looked dazzled and far off.

All this had happened in only a few seconds and Maggie took a quick look around, suddenly very self-conscious. She need not have worried; the two women were alone in their moment. The men were talking about horses and nobody else seemed to be watching. Marissa came back slowly and when she opened her eyes, she brought her hand up to her lips to touch where she had just been kissed. Now it was Maggie's turn to blush as she felt the weight of that stare. Marissa was looking at her; it almost felt like she was looking into her. Maggie's body gave a tiny shiver that seemed to start and then finish between her legs. They slowly disengaged from each other and sat back without either one breaking eye contact. Maggie didn't know what Marissa was thinking at that exact moment, but she knew what that look was all about. That was a sex stare. Her good friend Marissa was giving her the sex stare.

'I can't believe she is eye fucking me!' Maggie thought, 'Right here at this table in front of our husbands.'

Maggie was already horny from the alcohol and this look only accelerated it. She noticed herself getting wet and felt her thighs clench together involuntarily. She wanted to look away but she was trapped in those deep blue eyes. It was so fucking hot to be looked at like that. She realized no other woman had ever given her that look before and realized now why it drove men crazy. It was hot, dirty and primal. Maggie broke out in goosebumps and tried not to shiver.

Marissa's pulse was audible in her own ears. Her body was turned on and there was no doubt about it. She felt the flush across her chest and could tell she was already wet. Marissa tried to decide if she should be embarrassed or not, and finally decided not. She was having a great time. For ten years they had worked together as friends, laughing and joking and nothing happened. Suddenly, in the last thirty seconds, wham, something changed. It was like somebody just took a blindfold off her and she saw something right in front of her. Marissa's mind had apparently wanted this thing, and just now her body had caught up. She decided she was just drunk enough to not give a shit and wiggled her eyebrows at her BFF.

Maggie was the first to look away. She had to. The need she felt between her legs was new and embarrassing, but at the same time urgent and demanding. She wondered if she could discreetly take care of that need and rub herself right here at the table without anyone noticing. She chanced another look up and saw Marissa smirk and do the eyebrow thingy.

'That drunken bitch is toying with me!' Maggie thought, and let a slow smile creep onto her face.

She tried to make her eyebrows go up and down but only succeeded in scrunching up her face. Marissa started cracking up with her and they both knew they were still ok as friends. Marissa touched her plate with a finger and then bright it up to her lips where she licked it and sucked on the end of it suggestively.

This made Maggie start cracking up all over again. How does one go about flirting with another female when neither one of you knows what the hell they are doing? Maggie was thinking about running her hands across her own breasts when she was startled out of her own personal bubble by Phil asking her a question.

"So, are you going to open it?"

Maggie remembered at some point a long time ago there was a present involved. She located the tall bag on the table in front of her and opened it up. Inside was a tall slender glass vase made out of blown glass. It was a candle holder, but tall with exquisite detailing in the glasswork. It was shaped like a column of fire that had been frozen in time but the colors were of tropical oceans, with blues, greens, and turquoise. This definitely cost more than her coworker should have spent.

"O this is so beautiful, Marissa you should have," Maggie scolded.

"A pretty thing for a pretty woman," Marissa answered back.

Maggie thought she was going to start crying and got up to hug Marissa all over again. Marissa moved to meet her and they came together much softer this time when they embraced again. Maggie leaned close enough to whisper "Thank you" in her ear.

Marissa was relieved her friend had liked the gift she had picked out. She found the vase weeks ago and it immediately reminded her of her friend Maggie. The vase was a blend of opposites. It was wild but controlled, fire without burning, hot but cool as water. The moment she saw it she knew she wanted to give it to her friend. Marissa hugged her back and felt her confidence soaring. Before they broke away, Marissa whispered in Maggie's ear.

"You can thank me later" and reached down to give Maggie's butt a squeeze.

Maggie managed to not yelp in surprise, but did let out a low throaty groan. The hand on her ass had pulled her clothing across her already highly sensitive area. If she was turned on before, now she was molten. The guys were still oblivious to the situation playing out at the table. They had moved on from horses to hockey to handguns all without missing a beat. Maggie noticed all the empty glasses sitting in front of her and Marissa, and wondered who drank them all.

Maggie had been enjoying this game so far but it occurred to her that something wasn't right. The game was backwards. Maggie was not normally the person who got played with. She was not the follower who went along with things. Maggie liked to be in charge. She had enjoyed being teased, but what would really turn her on would be to do the teasing. She thought about how to turn the tables on Marissa. This was fun, but being in charge would be hotter.

Maggie had decided it was time for payback and she was just now looking for an opportunity. She was turned on, frazzled, and confused, but she was not one to back down from a friendly challenge. It was her birthday and she was feeling good. Marissa was a good friend so as of this moment, it was game on. By the time the waitress came back with dessert she already had a game plan.

Everyone made ooooo and ahhhh noises as the cake was set down in front of Maggie. It was a big piece, lots of layers, and had even more chocolate drizzled on top. Maggie took the first bite and let the magic wash over her. It was fantastic. She saw Marissa watching her and made a show of cleaning off the fork with her lips and tongue. She cut another piece and held it up for Marissa offering her a bite.

Marissa nodded and leaned forward towards their shared corner of the table. As the fork was about to reach her mouth, Maggie leaned forward and placed her hand down for balance, but instead of putting her hand on the corner of the table, she put her hand down on Marissa's thigh. It ended up being quite high up on the thigh. While her skirt was long enough to cover everything from view, it did nothing to stop the feeling of a hand being placed on your upper thigh that nearly brushed up against your panties. Marissa's eyes went big and she let out a sound of enjoyment before the cake even made it to her mouth. Maggie made sure to bump the chocolate drizzle against her upper lip so she could watch the show of Marissa licking her lips. Marissa squeezed her lips together to keep the fork in her mouth as long as possible, and to allow that hand to rest there a little bit longer.

Eventually Maggie pulled it back and tipped the fork up as it left her mouth. As she leaned back, she let her fingers glide across the area where she thought Marissa's hot button might be. Marissa felt the fingers move across her kitty and opened her mouth still full of cake and moaned "O Gawd."

"What is it about chocolate that does this to women?" Phil asked out loud while watching his wife lose herself in the dessert.

"That is practically indecent," Roger agreed.

Maggie kept eating her cake while watching Marissa who seemed lost in a daze. She listened to the men talking but could not have repeated a word they said. Marissa's chest was flushed red and her breathing was clearly faster than normal. She kept looking up at Maggie and then quickly looking away. Maggie could not decide if Marissa was embarrassed, turned on, scared, or a combination of the three. It was clear she was surprised the way Maggie took over the game she started.

When Maggie got down to the last bite of cake, she again offered it to Marissa by holding the fork out towards her. Marissa shot a quick look at her husband for reassurance and mumbled out loud.

"I probably shouldn't."

Phil looked up from his conversation just long enough to encourage his wife.

"It's a birthday party honey, live a little."

This time Maggie beckoned Marissa to come closer to her, and held the fork where it was. Marissa nervously scooted forward and leaned in for the fork and last bite of death by chocolate. Maggie also scooted closer and lured Marissa in with her sweet innocent smile. She reached down to Marissa's leg and slid her hand just under the edge of the skirt half way up her thigh. Marissa's breath caught in her throat as she felt Maggie's hand on her bare leg.

"Open up" Maggie said in a low seductive voice.

Marissa opened her mouth and leaned forward for the cake only to watch Maggie pull the fork back out of her reach.

"I said, open up" Maggie repeated, and pushed Marissa's legs apart ever so gently.

"O fuck" Marissa whimpered softly, but spread her legs wider in front of her friend.

Maggie eased the cake forward while at the same time running her hand softly up the inside of Marissa's bare thigh. This time Maggie let her take the cake into her mouth before she brushed her hand gently against the front of her very wet panties. Marissa fought to keep quiet, but her body trembled beyond her control. She had a 'deer in the headlights' look as she ate the last bite of cake off the fork. This gave Maggie the opportunity for a leisurely tour of her best friend's most intimate places. She stroked up, and then down. And then up and down again. And then she did one tiny circle in the area where she thought her clit might be. Marissa moaned as she swallowed the cake. If you were paying attention, you could see her hands gripping the armrests hard enough to turn her fingers white.

12