Living Off the Grid

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
komrad1156
komrad1156
3,789 Followers

She laughed playfully then said, "Would you please kiss me again?"

He did and then they set there and talked about pretty much everything except living off the grid. In no time they were feeding off one another finishing the other's sentences and saying, "Yes! Me, too!" and other such things.

Having spent several hours there sitting then walking around holding hands, it was finally time to leave even though neither of them wanted to go.

When Lock dropped her off she said, "I'm going to get the third degree from my mom like you've never seen before."

"I'll pray for you," he told her with a straight face.

"Get out of here!" she said as they laughed.

"Dare I kiss you in the driveway?" he asked.

"I dare you to try and not kiss me!" Jessica said before taking the initiative and kissing him first.

"Wow. Um...see you at seven?" he said once she pulled away.

"I can't wait," she told him with a big, happy smile.

For the first time since she moved back home, Jessica stood up to her mother. She did it tactfully, but she didn't ask for her opinion let alone her permission. She told her she was having dinner with Lock and might not be back until very late.

"So where will you be?" her mom asked, the disapproval showing through loud and clear.

"I'll be...safe, Mom. Okay?" she told her with a pleasant smile before going upstairs to shower again and change clothes.

Jessica knew things were moving fast, and yet she honestly didn't care. She'd waited nearly three years and hadn't met anyone she was even interested in. Now that she'd found someone she very much liked, hurrying was okay and even preferable to taking it slow if taking it slow meant letting him leave before finding out how she really felt about him.

Yes, her rational mind was still in control and warned her to be careful. It forced her to think of things that were 'low-probability what-ifs' like: Could he actually be another Ted Bundy? Maybe but extremely unlikely. Could he somehow know she had over a half million dollars and only be feigning interest to get at her money? Possibly but almost as unlikely.

But her brain also told her he could be the very thing she needed to feel alive again and to care about her life, and most importantly—to love again. So if this turned out to be a mistake, even a very big mistake, she could live with that. But just existing without really living was something she'd had her fill of. She vowed she wouldn't be reckless, but she wasn't going to keep playing it safe, either, just plodding along one day after another feeling like 'success' was the absence of pain.

By the time Lock arrived, Jessica looked like another woman. She was wearing a very pretty, rather slinky, very short, silky, light-blue dress with spaghetti straps, some light makeup, heels, and jewelry.

It wasn't exactly the kind of 'off the grid' look she'd been fostering, but it was definitely the look she wanted in order to let Lock know she was more than a little interested in him. Jessica had no idea how this might go over with Lock, but having never felt anything like this since Norm, she knew she wanted to find out and hoped he wouldn't see it as some sort of 'betrayal to the cause.'

It didn't take long to get her answer. She met him on the porch and his openmouthed stare told her what she wanted to know.

"So is this okay?" she asked as she did a spin to let him see all sides of her.

"Holy...wow!" he said barely able to believe what he was seeing.

Lock had changed into a pair of khaki pants and a collared shirt for their date but nothing comparable to what Jessica was wearing.

"I feel very underdressed, and I didn't even bring a jacket and a tie with me," he said as he walked her to the car.

"You look great," she told him honestly.

"No. I look 'okay'. You, on the other hand, look...amazing."

"It's not too much with the makeup and jewelry?" she asked with genuine concern even though the makeup was just some sheer foundation, a little mascara, and some lip gloss.

"Um...no," he told her unable to take his eyes off of her. "Definitely not."

She smiled and thanked him as he opened her door again.

When Lock got in he also became aware of the wonderful scent of her perfume and couldn't stop Mother Nature from redirecting some of his blood to a place below his belt buckle. He pulled on his seat belt and allowed things to kind of shift around and hoped Jessica hadn't noticed.

As soon as they were on the main road, she looked over and smiled. Lock immediately offered her his hand as he smiled back and Jessica happily put hers in it.

She spoke first and said, "I've never believed in love at first sight, and I still don't. But is it possible to...I don't know...fall in love with someone you only recently met?"

Lock smiled and glanced over at her and said, "Considering how long I've known you and the way I feel about you, I have to say it's gotta at least be possible."

"My mom has been trying to get me to date for a year and a half or so, and no matter who she's introduced me to, I haven't had any interest. None. And it's not that none of them were attractive because some of them were. But I just didn't feel anything."

"I'm not trying to compare my situation to yours, Jessica, as I've never been through anything close to what you have, but I do understand. I go out maybe two or three times a month, but I've only gone out a second time with two girls in the last year and none a third. But I'll be hoping for a second, third, and many more dates with you after tonight."

"I'm guessing there are some very disappointed young women in the Seattle area then," Jessica said with a smile.

"Maybe, but I can assure you I'm really glad I didn't get involved with anyone," he told her as he raised her hand up and kissed it.

"I'm glad you didn't, too," she told him as she relished the happiness she was feeling.

During dinner, Lock brought up the property in Montana again, then said, "I'd like to show it to you. I have pics, but I'd like you to see it in person."

Without hesitation, Jessica replied, "I'd love to see it!"

"We have a big project coming up soon at work, and it's possible I could get the lead on it," he told her.

"Lock, that's amazing!" she said supportively.

"Because of that, I was thinking maybe we could go check it out—soon."

"How soon?" she asked, the bright happy smile glued to her face.

"I can take one more day off and we could use the 4th of July weekend to go look at it. I'd be happy to pay for your ticket to Montana and meet you there," he offered.

"Just say when and I'll be there, but I can pay for my ticket, Lock," she told him using her kindest tone of voice. "I'm not destitute."

"No. I wasn't implying you were. I'm sure you have some money, but that's not the issue. Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but I feel like I should pay for things like that. And dinner," he told her with a smile.

"I'll let you pay for dinner tonight, but not my plane ticket, okay?"

"Okay. Fair enough," he said. "I'll call you once I find out what the schedule at work looks like."

"Do you...work weekends?" Jessica asked with a smile.

"No. Almost never," he told her knowing where this was going.

"Oh, okay. So if I was to say drive up to Seattle on a Friday, would you be free until Monday morning?"

"I would," he told her. "And I would love for you to do that."

"And I wouldn't mind if you drove back down to Eugene," Jessica let him know. "Often."

"I may have to fly to save ten hours of driving time, but yes, I'll be back here. Often."

As he sat there looking at her, he tried to force his brain to believe this beautiful, young-looking woman was really 40 years old. But no matter how he looked at her, his mind wouldn't let him accept it. Maybe it was the foundation that made her already-young-looking skin appear perfectly smooth and flawless, but she looked like many of the girls his age he'd dated the last couple of years, and it wasn't just wishful thinking causing him to come to that conclusion.

"You are so beautiful," he said without realizing he said it.

She smiled happily then told him, "Thank you, Lock, but I know I'm not beautiful. However, you're the only man besides my late husband who's ever made me feel like I am."

"You know, when they say 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder' that's true on many levels. For instance, while I do think you're beautiful in terms of your very pretty face—and amazing body—it's so much deeper than that. I find myself attracted to everything about you, Jessica. Yes, I am very attracted to the physical, which, by the way, is beautiful, but I'm also extremely attracted to you as a person. Oh, and while it may not matter, I have a huge thing for short hair like yours."

He wasn't sure he should mention that, but it was true and he wanted her to know he liked it so he said it.

"And I'm also very attracted to you...physically. You have this kind of rugged, masculine, sexy thing going on, and that really 'does it' for me. But I agree on the 'everything else' notion, and after what you just said, I also know you're also a romantic, and that is something else I'm very attracted to," she told him as she offered him her hand.

"As if that's not enough, you're a very well-educated professional who just happens to share my dreams. So, yeah, I kinda think you're 'all that', too. Oh, and thank you for complimenting me on my hairstyle. I know a lot of women cut their hair when they um...get to be my age...and I was really regretting it after meeting you thinking you'd prefer it longer."

"Well, don't. I love it just like that. And while I hope this doesn't come out the wrong way, I feel it needs to be said so..."

He smiled his best smile then told her, "Jessica, I could definitely see myself living with you in a little place we built together on this land in Montana."

His words sent waves of warmth through her before she replied, "It came out just right, Lock. I was actually thinking the same thing."

"Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer marriage to living together. I just didn't wanted to bring up the 'M' word and scare you off."

"You're not going to scare me off, Lachlan James, so just tell me whatever you're feeling, okay?"

It was close to nine o'clock when they left, and Lock asked if there was anything she'd like to see or do that evening once they got back in his car.

"Yes," she said with a smile.

"See or do?" Lock asked.

"Both," she told him.

"I don't really know the area so you'll have to help me out a little," he told her not sure what she was trying to say.

She took his hand again then said, "Well, I was thinking I'd like to see...you...and well, as to doing...um, well, that would also involve you and me as in you doing..."

"Oh. Oh! Okay. Duh, right?" Lock said finally understanding what she had in mind. "That was my hope, but I wasn't going to presume you shared it."

"Well, I do," she told him before leaning over so he could kiss her.

"I take it that means our next stop is my hotel room?" he asked quietly when the kiss ended.

"You presume correctly, my handsome new boyfriend," she cooed.

Lock started the car and drove directly to where he was staying without 'passing Go' or collecting $200 which was a little more than the cost of his room at the Eugene Hyatt per night.

"Very nice," Jessica said when he let her in.

"I'm glad I didn't opt for the Econo Lodge," Lock quipped.

"Yeah, that would be...not so nice," Jessica agreed. "Roughing it is one thing. Filthy is another."

"Would you like a drink?" he asked once she'd taken a look around.

"No thanks," she told him. "I already know what I want."

She dropped her purse on the chair next to the desk then put her arms around her handsome young man and kissed him.

"Are you sure this isn't too fast for you?" he asked, not wanting to but feeling he needed to.

"That's sweet of you to ask, but no, it's not too fast," she assured him. "It's been almost three years since I've made love so I may not be the best you've ever had, but I am very sure I want to make love with you."

Lock kissed her back and by gently lifting up both straps on her dress and moving them away from her body, the silky dress fell into a puddle around her feet. She stepped out of it then began unbuttoning his shirt and within another minute they were both on the king-sized bed, naked and unafraid.

Lock had been with a couple of very aggressive women, but none who were as hungry for love as Jessica. It was as though she was on the verge of dying of thirst where intimacy was concerned and needed to 'drink him in' to slake the thirst. There was nothing that men and women typically do that Jessica not only wanted but needed to do to him and have done to her. And once they'd done them all, she wanted more as soon as her young lover could give it to her.

It was almost midnight before Jessica had finally been sated, and now she was happily laying in his arms knowing he had nothing left to give.

"That was unbelievable," she told him as she drew little circles on his bare chest.

"Yes, you were," he told her. "I don't think anyone has ever worn me out before."

Jessica laughed then said, "Um...you made quite the impression on me...big boy."

Lock knew he was well above average in that area and smiled.

"So no complaints?" he teased.

"Well, I'm going to be very sore tomorrow, but it's going to be the sweetest pain I've ever experienced," she told him with another very happy smile. "Three times in less than three hours. I think that's some kind of record. For me, at least."

"You know...I might just be able to make a fourth-round appearance," he told her.

She reached down for him and purred when she felt him growing.

"Um, yes. I do believe that might be possible."

She lifted up the sheet then said, "I think I should go investigate this swelling," before 'disappearing' leaving only the top of her head visible as she brought him back to life.

"You're a mouthful!" she said during a quick break before continuing to perform her magic.

Around 12:30am Lock asked if she wanted to stay or go home.

"Not that I want you to leave, mind you," he told her.

"Me, either, but if I show up at 8am, I may never hear the end of it," she said with a sigh. "It's very strange being...my age...and still worrying about what my mother might say."

"I understand," he told her.

"Are you going to tell your parents about us? About...me?" she asked not knowing what he might say.

"Are you kidding? You're all I'm going to be talking about, Jessica."

She looked at him then said, "And when your parents find out how old I am, how will they react?"

He rolled her over and lay on top of her and said, "Once they know how I feel about you and why—and especially once they meet you—it won't matter."

"Are you sure?" she asked needing to be sure.

"I am," he told her. "My parents will love whomever I love."

Her eyes were once again darting back and forth with his as she let his words feed her soul.

"I...I won't ask if that means you love me," Jessica said, her heart beating wildly.

"I've never said those words to anyone before," he told her quietly. "So when I do say them, please know how deeply I mean them."

He ran his hand through her short hair then told her, "I know we just met, but that doesn't matter. I already know I love you."

"Lock? Please don't say that unless you really..."

He touched her lips and said, "I do. I mean it, Jessica. I do love you."

He saw tears welling up in her eyes as she put her arms around him and held him close.

Her mouth was right next to his ear when she whispered, "That makes so happy, Lock. And...I love you, too."

They rode in silence while holding hands on the way back to her place before Lock asked, "When can I see you again, Jessica?"

"I could drive up next weekend," she told him immediately.

"I'd like that very much."

"Then I'll be there," she said happily.

They pulled into the driveway and Jessica saw a curtain move to the side and sighed.

"Hmmm. Looks like my mom is waiting up for me," she told Lock.

"She loves you."

"Yes, she does," Jessica admitted.

"So do I," he told her again.

"I'm not sure I can wait a week to see you again," she said.

"Then come up sooner," he told her as he touched her pretty face.

"I don't want you to spend all your money on hotel rooms, though. It'll just set you back that much further."

"Jessica? I don't care about the money. In fact, I haven't thought about living off the grid once tonight until just now."

He ran the back of his fingers along her cheek then told her, "You're all that matters to me."

"But that's your dream, right?" she asked quietly.

"I'm not a father, but I have heard men say that the day their baby was born changed their lives. They say it was like a switch was flipped and suddenly that baby was all that mattered to them."

He smiled, stroked her cheek then said, "You're my baby...honey. You're all that matters to me. The land, the house, and living off the grid can wait. But being with you can't."

Jessica didn't care that she was tearing up again. She slid her arms around his neck and held him then quietly said, "I am so very thankful we found each other. My life was so...empty...until I met you."

"I'm here now and I'll be in your life for as long as you'll let me," he whispered back.

"Promise?" she asked through tears.

"I promise," he told her. "So forget about the money and come to Seattle as soon as you can, okay?"

They pulled apart and looked at one another. Lock gently wiped her tears away as she said, "Okay. Goodnight, Lock."

"Goodnight...sweetheart," he told her very quietly before kissing her one last time.

He went around and opened her door and offered to walk her in, but Jessica said, "You might get sucked in to the vortex of my mother so maybe you should just go, okay?"

Lock laughed quietly then said, "Okay."

Jessica kissed him again then said, "I'll be with you again soon...honey."

"I already miss you," he told her before letting go of her hand.

She waited at the front door until he drove off then went inside expecting the worst.

Instead, her mother said, "You've fallen for him, haven't you?"

Cathy didn't need to see the puffy red eyes to know. She hadn't even needed to watch them kissing—which she hadn't. She knew her daughter and she could just tell.

"Mom, please don't lecture me this one time, okay?" Jessica pleaded.

Her mother's reply absolutely blew Jessica away.

"Honey, I'm not going to lecture you. You're a grown woman, and although I am concerned about his age, if you have feelings for him, then...then I'm happy for you. Lord knows how much hurt you've endured. If this makes you happy, then fine. I'm happy for you."

"Mom, are you serious?" she asked hardly able to believe what she was hearing.

"Come here, sweetheart," he mom said with outstretched arms.

Jessica walked over to her and hugged her as her mom said, "I'm not thrilled about the thought of you living...like that...with anyone, but if you're bound and determined to do this 'off the grid' thing, then I'm glad it's with someone who knows all about houses and electricity and whatever else it takes. So while I wouldn't have chosen him or that for you, it's not my place to choose. It's your place, and although I don't understand your choices, they are yours to make."

More tears fell as Jessica hugged her mom and told her how much she loved her.

"I love you, too, honey. No go get some rest, okay?"

"Me? Mom, you're the one who needs to get to bed. My heavens, it's almost time to get up!"

Both of them laughed then headed upstairs to get some sleep.

When Jessica awoke around 8am, there were two texts from Lock, and she smiled happily as she read them before replying immediately. She felt like a girl in love for the first time when she saw the red hearts he added at the end and which she also sent in her replies to him.

komrad1156
komrad1156
3,789 Followers