All Comments on 'Long Road Gone'

by Ahazura

Sort by:
  • 122 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Needs some kind of ending that is somewhat a closure for the readers. Maybe a final line about the cheating wife and a plan for a future with Connie. The story line and theme of what's been written so far is pretty darn good. Finish it up1

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Damn it! Why can't anyone finish a story? So many stories on Literotica without endings and there's no indication of that until you get to the last page.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I really hates when the story has no ending.... Why should we rate the story with no ending....

AnotherChapterAnotherChapterover 2 years ago

This story was doing fine until…Coitus Interruptus! You pulled out too soon and left your readers hanging there wondering where the hell you were going with this! Could have been fairly good.

Dry_opinionDry_opinionover 2 years ago

Nice story.

+1 to previous comments.

ewray321ewray321about 2 years ago

I agree with most of the comments. The ending is as critical as the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Ending was a bit short. A sequel would be much appreciated.

6King6Kingover 1 year ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

Part 2 or make us all imagine?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Kind of meandering. I don't usually go for husbands who don't confront and just ditch, but he already did that years ago. He clearly never got over her affair with Devin. Yeah maybe it sucks to be her that she didn't do anything this time around, though she did lie ... twice about what she was doing. Regardless, she was on probation for life with a 5 month affair with Devin. So yeah understandable that the husband has PTSD and went off like that. Ohio had a decent story called "Visiting Richard Gronier" where he misunderstood the second time around that her secrecy was not an affair but setting up a sexual harassment case against a coworker hitting on other women at work. Doesn't matter. He had a PTSD flashback. Difference in that story was the husband never told or confronted his wife that he knew if the first affair with Richard Gronier. So this time around they did heavy counseling. In this story they did all the work and he had a pleasant, happy few more years with her but then relapsed into anguish and anger. He never really got over the first betrayal. Even if it isn't logical to his wife or family, it is hownhe feels because she damaged the marriage years earlier while in severe depression after the birth of their child. She must have done and said a lot of things right to get him to not file for divorce then. But in the end, she lied again...twice and he was too hurt to confront her in the club either time. While his reaction seems outsized and exaggerated, it just shows that their marriage was never the same after the first affair (again 5 months!). Didn't take much to rupture it this time around. Feel sorry for Joe. He is just drifting through life now, working and fucking with FWBs. He is a fish out of water. Feel sorry (only a little) for Carol, but you reap what you sow, and though she thought they were back to a fully healed marriage, she was wrong. Her lies were mistakes that normally could be worked out, but obviously the trust between them was thin and damaged and her lies just severed the trust completely. Life probation. No third chance.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This story was going places. Well written, interesting premise. The further I got into the story, the more anticipation I had for what I was sure would be an ending every bit as good as the story. And then all of a sudden

Schlouis57Schlouis57about 1 year ago

Il faudrait penser à terminer votre histoire sans laisser le lecteur sur sa faim!

RzcanuckRzcanuck12 months ago

The writing was good and found myself rooting for the main character. It needs a more complete ending or sequel.

lerenardruselerenardruse8 months ago

I have just found this story and enjoyed it. Where is the second chapter?

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I was really liking it until it abruptly ended….

60022Mallard60022Mallard5 months ago

Another LW story where the MC liberated from his wife is an absolute stud with women falling all over him. Meanwhile, back in the real world ....

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

You sure know how to alienate your readers from your mc. Your lead guy was a real cowardly shithead and I gave the rest of the story a miss.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Very thoughtful.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

"So what's the big deal now dad? Why are you running? I told her she was an idiot for lying to you but she didn't DO anything. Can't you at least come back and talk to her? You are always harping on me to man up and face my problems. Now it just looks like you are being a pussy."

===> hard to argue that logic. If you accepted her 5 month long affair back then after Casey's death, then leaving because she danced with some younger kid without impropriety but lied by omission, while stupid on her part, meant you really never forgave her and yeah you are a pussy now. The time to not be a pussy was when you discovered the affair. The after thr fact PTSD response to a really minor infraction / non-issue in the present is being a coward. But sometimes PTSD is like that and some guys are forever scarred. Well written and sad but poignant.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Mostly agree with prior Anonymous commenter, with one exception. You never know how a spouse will react to cheating, especially a mulitmonth affair. Some people just cannot get over it, and even if they bury it, they can react opposite if what might be considered rational years later. Since he forgave her and moved on and did counseling, then yes it is somewhat "irrational" to jus run off to the hills after seeing her dance a couple of times (no kissing, no groping, no making out) without confronting her. But he doesn't have to be rational. It is how he feels. The relationship PTSD is scarring his heart and amplifying the new "betrayal" with her lying about where she was going (even though Sherry was there). The point is, that is how he feels and he never reconciled fully. He papered over it 5 years ago and soldiered on. With the kids out of the house, he was on a hair trigger. If Carol doesn't like it, and can understand why she doesn't and why she is emotional wrecked herself, then she should not have cheated those many years ago. And certainly not for five months after Casey's death. While I like this author thought the story meandered once he left home. Carol was never brought up again after his phone conversations with his two kids. Was simply underwhelming. Still 4 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

For fucks sale will writers please stop with the goddamn ‘white boy’ and ‘dark meat’ in every single IR story?? Jeezus.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous