Longing For You Ch. 01

Story Info
Theo gets caught by his best friend, Hop, entertaining a guy.
6.7k words
4.59
7.1k
16

Part 1 of the 6 part series

Updated 04/04/2024
Created 03/21/2024
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
jroseemi
jroseemi
144 Followers

Theodore Jameson, who had always been affectionately called Theo while being ready to eviscerate anyone who called him Ted or Teddy, looked out over the bustling campus of University of Michigan. He and his best friend, Howard Owen Petersen III, who had always gone by Hop, were starting their senior year together. They had been best friends for as long as Theo could remember. Their families were incredibly close and had lived next to each other in a nice middle-class neighborhood all through school. In fact, they still lived right next to each other back in their home town and it was expected that both boys would take part in holidays at both homes because Hop was almost never without Theo and vice versa.

Theo stood at five foot ten and was decently muscled though he was much leaner than his best friend was because most of his sports needed long, lean muscle instead of trying to bulk up. He had naturally tanned skin due to his hispanic heritage from his dad, who was originally from Puerto Rico before his Abuelo and Abuelita brought him over to the mainland.

Despite the Latino side though, his hair had just never had much in the way of pigment his entire life. He had been made fun of a lot as a kid until he met Hop, who thought his platinum colored hair was cool and said as much out loud in fourth grade in front of others. It had made the other kids stop making fun of him, because most people wanted to look cool in front of Hop, though it was still commented on how odd it was. Nowadays, Theo kept it shaggy and almost always had the tips dyed some sort of bright color and he would change which color it was every time he got a haircut.

On top of the platinum hair, he had strikingly ice blue colored eyes that all the girls, and quite a few of the boys, had thought were gorgeous. He knew his parents had fought about his looks as a kid and his dad had demanded a paternity test, but the results came back that his dad was indeed his dad. The bigger he got, the more the rest of his looks started showing his Latino roots, and he was practically a clone of his dad other than the color of his eyes and hair now.

Theo turned to look over at where Hop was tying one of his shoes again. Even with how tall Theo was, Hop felt like a giant to him. He was six foot five inches tall, and incredibly physically imposing even when he didn't mean to be. He had broad shoulders and was well built. He was a football and hockey player, so he was shaped like one. In football season, which it was now, Hop bulked up a lot more and then he would stop bulking as football came to an end and hockey began.

Hop's dark hair was cut short and stylish, and had facial hair that Theo always joked was Hop's impression of Tony Stark. He had stormy gray eyes that Theo wanted to get lost in, but he kept himself in check because that wasn't something he wanted people to know about. Hop almost always had a farmer's tan and he was almost always in jeans and a t-shirt with a flannel shirt when it was cooler.

People were always a little intimidated by Hop, but he was the nicest guy Theo had ever met. That was really only part of why Theo had been desperately in love with his best friend since late middle school, but he was so deeply in the closet that even admitting that out loud was impossible to do anywhere near Hop. Hop was also intelligent, thoughtful, had a great sense of humor, and was always trying to help others, whether it be a classmate or a teammate. The gentle giant and giant teddy bear tropes fit him well.

Right then, Hop was wearing a well-fitted pair of jeans that showed off his ass perfectly and a blue superman t-shirt that was barely containing his broad chest and muscled arms. Theo got so lost in his thoughts about his best friend that he forgot to regulate how long he watched him. Every once in a while, Hop would catch him gazing or staring, but Theo was pretty good at playing it off as just fixating on something random when he was lost in thought and not because he was staring. Theo was gazing at Hop's chest when he looked up to see Hop looking at him.

Theo ducked his head to hide his blush as he mumbled, "I feel like one good flex is going to ruin that shirt, you know. Or do girls like Elise like it when that happens?"

"I'm not sure even girls like Elise know what they like until social media tells them," Hop said. He always delivered everything deadpan, so it was hard to tell if he was joking or serious unless you knew him really well.

"Yet you've been dating the soulless demon...I mean, the...woman...for six months now," Theo replied. It wasn't exactly a secret that he didn't like his best friend's girlfriend. She hadn't made it a secret that she disliked him too, which was what started Theo's initial displeasure of her. "Maybe you're a glutton for punishment. You aren't seriously considering marrying this one, are you?"

Hop barked a short laugh. "I'm 21, Theddy, not stupid. If she sticks around long enough I might, but it won't be any time soon."

Theo pursed his lips together at the name Hop used but knew better than to complain about it. Knowing his best friend wasn't going to rush down the aisle with her helped ease some of the pressure in his chest at the very idea of it. He was about to say something sarcastic back when he felt an arm go around his shoulders and turned to find Trevor Oxlar, one of his swim team buddies.

Trevor was one of the only openly gay men that Theo knew well. He was living proof that someone could be a jock and openly gay on campus. Just about everyone adored Trevor, and most of the jocks would go to war with anyone who wanted to harm him. Theo didn't think that same treatment would be given to him; not because he was unlikeable but because Trevor felt like a special exception to the rule.

Trevor gave a small nod of his head in one direction and Theo turned to see Elise Morton, current head cheerleader and girlfriend of Hop, as she walked up to them. Theo managed to keep the wince off his face but probably only because Trevor was holding onto him to remind him to.

Elise came up and kissed Hop. "I missed you over the summer. I'm so glad we're back at school and I can have you all to myself again."

"You mean you and the entire football and hockey teams," Theo added.

Elise looked over at where Theo was. "I don't remember asking you, Ted."

"Fight nice, children," Hop said, again in his usual deadpan. Theo knew he meant it as a joking statement but by the scowl on her face, Elise didn't know Hop as well as she thought.

Theo felt Trevor's fingers dig into his shoulder for a brief flash before his arm was gone. Trevor was generally a pretty affectionate person but he toned it down around Elise because she would get snippy at them, alluding to Theo liking it more than he let on and Trevor knew Theo didn't like that kind of attention.

"As much as I would love to see who actually is going to win this little war between you two, you promised me you'd take some laps around the track with me, right?" Trevor said to Theo.

Theo looked at his watch. "Fine, but I have a class in an hour. I'll see you at home later, Hop."

The two of them walked away, talking to each other in a low tone as they left. Elise turned to Hop and put her hands on her hips. "I know he's your best friend and everything, but he really gets under my skin. It's like he's constantly trying to be the number one person in your life at all times. Though at least Trevor might be a nice outlet for those gay thoughts of his."

Hop didn't even look at her, he just continued walking, tossing a "Stop. Homophobia looks terrible on you," over his shoulder as she hurried to catch up.

"I don't care if he's gay," Elise argued as she ran after him. "I just care that he's so obviously gay for you. Haven't you noticed the way he looks at you?"

"What does it matter if he's attracted to me? You don't seem to care if other women find me attractive, in fact I think you like it. Why do you find him so threatening?" Hop asked her, still not really stopping to talk with her.

Elise fell silent for a moment as she mulled that over. She twirled her long blonde hair in her fingers thoughtfully. The reality was that Theo was threatening because Hop made him his priority too, but that was difficult to say. "Because you don't give other women the time of day, but if Theo was upset, you'd drop everything for him."

"Well, yeah. Wouldn't you drop everything for your best friends?" he asked, eyeing her peripherally while he walked.

Elise rolled her eyes at that. "Sure, but I wouldn't put them over my boyfriend's needs. At some point he's going to have to go off and live his own life, get married, and you two likely won't be in as much contact as you are now. It's not like you two can just share the same house forever."

"Why not? The Nuclear Family model hasn't been doing so hot in recent decades. I may need roommates to afford a decent place to live whether I'm married and raising children or not." Hop asked acerbically.

Elise looked at him in horror, like she couldn't believe he would suggest that. "Do you really think any wife would be okay with your single and obviously lusting for you best friend living with you for the rest of your life?"

"Yes. Or she won't be my wife. Besides, I'm not convinced he's gay," Hop said simply, shrugging. He turned and went into the building where his next class was without another word.

Elise stood outside the building watching after him in shock. She scowled and stormed off, deciding that she needed to make sure that the two friends didn't land in the same place after graduation.

Meanwhile, over at the track, Trevor and Theo were keeping pace with each other as they ran. They weren't working up a big sweat since both of them had class after this, but Trevor wanted Theo to get out some of the frustration that Elise inevitably brought to him.

"You need to stop letting her get to you," Trevor told him. "She enjoys being able to annoy you."

"I know," Theo breathed out. "I can't believe he's been with her for six months already. I mean, I know he's kind of known for serial monogamy, but why her?"

Trevor looked sideways at Theo. "So, you don't just hate her because she's dating him?"

Theo gave a sour face. "No. I mean, sure, that's part of it, but I've gotten along with other girls he's dated. I can let it hurt and still have a good relationship with them."

Trevor gave him a sympathetic look. He was the only person on this entire campus that knew Theo was gay. Theo had a reputation for sleeping around with women, but Trevor had been able to see through that pretty easily. He may have been able to have sex with women alright, but he didn't have a great pull to them, especially not romantically.

"Are you going to the footballers' party tonight?" Trevor asked. "I know Hop basically has to go, as he is always the main reason all of the women go to it, but are you going?"

Theo shrugged. "I was kind of thinking I would just stay home and study. I have animal anatomy this year and that is all about memorization."

Trevor gave him a long suffering look, proving he didn't believe that story. "You've known animal anatomy since Freshman year. You're going to ace all of your veterinary classes once you get into that school because you've learned it all already. Come to the party. I have someone I want you to meet."

"Oh no! No, no! We're not doing the 'please meet my gay friend' thing, Trev," Theo said as he stopped running, causing Trevor to stop as well. "For one, I don't want to come out yet. I need to be fully financially independent before that happens, and secondly, I'm pining after my best friend. I can't put that on some new guy who doesn't deserve that at all."

"Dude, chill," Trevor said as he grabbed Theo's shoulders. "I'm not trying to introduce you to your future husband here. He, much like you, is also a dumbass and completely stuck on some straight guy. So you two can meet, commiserate, and you can get some proper dick from someone in the same situation. Come on, please?"

Theo put his hands in his pockets as he considered it. It would be nice to actually have sex with someone he wanted to, and it could take his mind off of Hop for a little while. Plus, Hop always got pulled fifty different ways at these parties, and would be out late, so it was the perfect night to do so.

"Fine," Theo finally relented.

Trevor grinned and grabbed his backpack from where they had put them under one of the benches. "Wear your blue and black Henly, and jeans!"

Theo shook his head but didn't argue. He knew he had gotten himself into something he might regret, but Trevor seemed so happy it was hard to say no to him. He grabbed his own bag and went off to class, trying to keep his mind on schoolwork instead of his nerves over tonight.

Theo came home to find Hop getting ready for the party after football practice. Hop was already showered and getting dressed. Theo sighed as he looked down at the practice uniform that had been ditched in various places all over the living room. He started to pick up the pieces of it, much like he always did, and put them into Hop's laundry basket.

"I don't know what you would do without me," Theo commented to Hop with faux annoyance.

"Probably live in filth, or learn how to clean up after myself," Hop said with a smirk.

Theo chuckled at that. "Your home would reek after games, that's for sure."

"Funny you should mention that," Hop said, "Elise was basically telling me she wants me to break up with you today. Asked me if I really thought my wife would put up with you being around all the time. I told her she would, or she wouldn't be my wife. Not that I want to get married any time soon."

Theo faltered there, tripping over something that wasn't there while he looked askance at Hop. He blinked a few times before turning away and pulling his shirt off to throw into the hamper. "She does know we're not dating, right? Besides, you'll be getting a job after this year probably, and I'm applying to vet schools. It's not like you're going to follow me to my next school."

Hop looked askance at him stealthily. "She keeps acting like she's got something to be jealous of. I hadn't really considered my next move. Right now, I'm not really even feeling my current major. I like writing but I don't think it'll pay any bills, y'know?"

Theo looked down at the ground for a moment before he shook his head, shaking himself out of his thoughts while he stripped out of his pants. Elise didn't have anything to be jealous of because Hop didn't see him like that. "Well, you know I support whatever you want to do. Even if that means I keep our bills up while you do the tortured writer bit for a while until you make it big. I have faith that you'll do well in whatever you choose, Hop."

"Thanks, Theo, I appreciate that. And you. But I really should try to find a new major. Fortunately, the frat I joined is a sports club and not an academic one," Hop responded. "I can always write as a hobby."

Theo gave him a warm smile before he went into the bathroom to get a shower. He spent a little time getting his ass really clean, not sure which direction that night would take but perfectly willing to be the bottom. Once he was done, he got dressed in his blue and black henley shirt and dark wash jeans that showed off his strong legs and round ass. He styled his hair so that it fell in tousled waves around his eyes and ears. The tips were currently dyed blue but it was starting to fade, so he'd have to choose a new color soon.

When he came out of his room, he saw that Elise was there, dressed up for a party and looking like the perfect arm candy for Hop. Her long blonde hair was styled in perfect beach waves and she wore a short dress in dark red that sparkled under the light with black boots with heels. She had her makeup done and was smiling up at Hop as they talked. She turned to look at Theo as he came out into the living room and the smile faltered a little bit.

She looked over his look for a moment. "What, got a big date tonight or something?"

Theo put on a sickly sweet smile. "No, nothing like that. Trevor asked me to go to the party at the frat house tonight, and I figured a night of drinking and fun is just what I need."

"What, going to help Trev find some cock tonight?" she asked him.

Theo's grin just got bigger. "Oh, he can find that all on his own. He's like the master at finding all of the closet cases."

"What does that say about you then?" she asked.

"That I'm secure enough in my masculinity to hang out with a gay guy and not think calling me gay is a very good insult," Theo replied with a shrug. "Why, got some mega hot brother you wanted to introduce me to? We could be sisters!"

"Let's get going, before you embarrass yourself further," Hop said to Elise while eyeing Theo's look for the evening. "Trevor picked that outfit out, didn't he?"

Theo looked down at his outfit and his face flushed. "What, I can't pick out a hip look myself?"

"Yeah, you can, but Trevor knows you're more confident in blue and you're still convinced that you look heartbreaking in red," Hop said with a chuckle as he opened the door and led the way outside. The party was only a short walk away.

Once they got to the house, Elise asked Hop to go and get her a drink, waiting until he was away before she turned to Theo. "Look, you can pretend all you want that you aren't stuck on Hop, but I'm not dumb either. I plan on being here for the long haul, so you need to start thinking about what the future is going to look like. Find a school across the country, away from Hop, and out of my hair. Or else I'm more than happy to find proof and make sure your family is aware of your...tastes."

"Oh, so your talk with Hop didn't work, so now you're going to threaten me?" Theo asked.

"Just think about it," Elise replied. "Get out of my way, and I'll be as sweet to you as sugar pie. Stay in it, and well, claws will come out."

He was still staring at Elise in shock when Hop came back with drinks. Theo looked away from the two of them then, looking out over the party. Hop could tell something was off but couldn't quite pinpoint what. He was about to ask about it when Theo spotted Trevor moving away from them and hurried off into the crowd after him.

Hop stood there for a moment, holding three drinks and watching Theo slip through the crowd, before shrugging and handing Elise her drink and downing his and Theo's in quick succession. Elise pulled him onto the dance floor after that while Theo finally caught up to Trevor, who turned around with a big smile.

"You're here!" he cried happily. "I worried you would wimp out."

Theo shook his head. "Nah, you're right, I should get out of my shell a little."

Trevor gave him a knowing grin and then led the way outside to where there were tables set up for beer pong, as well as kegs along the back fence where people were chugging. Trevor took him over to one of the tables where a man was standing and talking to a friend.

"Theo, this is River," Trevor said as he put his hand on the man's shoulder to get his attention. "River, this is Theo. Why don't you two play a game and see how it goes?"

Theo had to admit that Trevor was good. River was completely his type. He was taller than Theo, standing at least six foot one, with broad shoulders and a thicker physique. His dark hair was short and styled to stand up a little and he had deep brown eyes and a light tan. When they shook hands, River had a firm grip but wasn't trying to show off how strong he was, and he smiled warmly at Theo.

"I'll let you know I'm a bit of a lightweight," Theo admitted as they set up the table and got to their places.

"Then for your sake, I hope you win," River replied with a grin.

Luckily for Theo, he was pretty good with hand-eye coordination, and was pretty good at this game. They talked as they played, using each ball that went into a cup as a way to ask a question about the other before they drank. They kept getting sidetracked by their conversation so they took longer at the table than most people would. Theo was just lightly buzzed by the time they ended the game.

jroseemi
jroseemi
144 Followers
12