Longwood Sixth Hunt Day 04-06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Is there a problem?" Dan shake head then look at me.

"Janet you will be wanting more than that?" Look at plate and shrug.

"No sure, honest is plenty on plate." Dan wink at then look up at gal.

"If you could get us a second plate of the fried steak. If your cook is willing a recipe would be welcome, our cook makes it not quite as good." Sigh and kick Dan on account am cook.

"Dan use recipe Isaac know and all agree is good."

"Yes but this is better so we would like the recipe if your cook is willing." Gal nod and walk in back giggling.

Kick Dan again then go back to vittles, am eating for a babe within. Best to not stay hungry with a babe, though most of the gal in Longwood are jealous of on account did not swell. Well did swell with Balik and doing again now, but after was back to before size in little time. Claire confessed she wished she had been born injun like me.

Not that help, plenty of the Apache gal with child are thicker now than afore. At least so they say, did ask chief once and he shook head. Apparently Leotie always looked about like that she just think she is thicker.

"Dan, am bigger than was?" Dan starts then just look at for a spell.

"Janet aside the lump of my child you got you look the same as you did when I met you." Sigh and smile on account want give wonderful handsome husband a roll right now.

"Not what mean, Claire has said she wishes to have been born injun. Leotie swear she is thicker now, though chief said she look same." Dan snort and shake head.

"Andrew has shared, when Claire had their first son she was in bed nigh on three months. Had a bucket to use as the outhouse for the first month and after he helped her get to it. Second son was two months, still used a bucket the first month. You on the other hand were all about get out of bed." Am confused on this.

"So round eye wife are no made do chores after birth?"

"Well yes and no, see our doctors are taught to tell a gal to stay in bed until she has recovered. Reckon on some take extra long just cause, but for the most part they make their husband do the early diapers on account they are bedridden." This is confusing.

"Round eye gals take months to get back up?"

"Not appreciably, they are told to stay in bed for that long. You know this, letting your babe out hurts. I remember you mostly slept the following two days."

"Yes Dan, is big pain, after is so worth but honest want shoot fella during."

"Is that why I was ushered out of the room?" Sigh and shrug.

"No tell, Mr. Johnson handle all that, when happen by time he was there whole world was pain and no much talk."

Dan sigh and go back to vittles so follow suit. Just eat a spell then gal return with plate of fried steak and sheet of paper. Get handed sheet so read it over and smile big on account is add herbs that grow. Dan stop with his plate and take up the new plate. When finish with the vittles did order take Dan plate, have room and rude to not eat what get.

Also swell up when Dan look at getting him to chuckle. Am find this funny, Dan order second plate for with child wife eat and Dan take. Still Dan plate no as good as the fried steak so is good to get more of the good vittle. No say the steak Dan order bad, just not as much taste to. Finally we finish off vittles and head to look over rest of town.

Is rather nice town, have big store, the gambling hall at dock which no make sense. Mean steamboats have gambling on them, need pass time while go where go, then dock steamboat stop at has gambling hall for town. Saloon is just a single floor building but quite large, even have band. Stop in here a spell listen to band.

Good music of band so is little sorry to leave again, but do wish hear the tent saloon music. So walk for bridge then get lift from a nice fella with wagon. Seem he is get drink for tent saloon, even has rum on account there is a place make in New Orleans. Tent saloon is rather large tent, well no one tent, multiple tent make up tent saloon.

Saloon is make plenty noise as we get up to, hear people inside sing and plenty of clap. Then we is go inside and someone scream injun attack. Whole place shush and look at then plenty of laugh, Dan included. Kick Dan then plenty of folk are ushering to where band is at and wish to sing. Well take a bit on account no know that many song.

"Shall sing what sung by Cherokee during long walk. Is in Tsalagi so you no understand but no speak round eye good enough."

Most of the folk look a little confused so reckon on did not speak enough word. Still look at band who are look back so sing. Is sad song, no fast neither so bit like what they been play when get close. Take a bit then band join in, folk then are dancing or just sway with the music of band. Is odd but then round eye are odd black or no.

When finish there is much clapping so get off and let a new fella get on. Find Dan over by where have a bar. No stool so is no nice so look about for table, then Dan pick up and set on bar. So we stay right there and listen to folk sing for a spell. Get tired after spell so Dan help down then we go on to hotel.

This hotel is stain dark all over with dark red carpet runners and in a sit area. Berate Dan about want go out and read book on porch while go through to stairs. End up go up five floors afore we get off stairs so more berating of Dan. He is chuckle as lead along hallway to a door that he open with key then let go in first.

Stop in doorway on account the room is different from rest of hotel. The walls are not stained, least if stained they took away color of wood on account the walls are rather pale. Same with bed though bed is covered in white. There is some color least, there is cabinet that is dark stain and then there is a few rug that are red, so not all white but most.

"Dan is little like in cloud." Dan snort and push rest of way in.

"Right floored me when the fella asked what color room wanted. Seem this hotel went high standing and the rooms have a theme, there is a blue room, green, red and such." Look over at Dan.

"Why do that?"

"Well you southerners put value in look nice. So they do the rooms in themes to be like the expensive hotels on the coast. Keep in mind until trains it was hard to get anything much past the Mississippi on account of took to long to ship most."

"Not southerner Dan, am injun."

"Speaking of that, why did you learn the song about the long walk?"

"Is part of heritage Dan, what one Cherokee made do all Cherokee do. We is lose place and turn round eye but no forget that Cherokee." Dan just look at for a short spell then sigh.

"Janet you are doing pretty darn good at keeping with the old way." Shake head.

"No Dan, be deputy gal not in old way, old way gal cook, sew, make blanket, and give roll to husband when have. Fella is one who protect tribe, hunt, and make war. Deputy is round eye way so am not use old way, just know old way and use what can. Teach what can to Balik and babe within when come out."

"Would hope they don't need to know." Nod and sigh.

"Honest Dan wish same, but also Cherokee so shall teach."

"How come you never taught me?" Giggle for a bit.

"Dan taught what you wanted. No teach more on account is just dumb round eye, you only marry a Cherokee." Dan snort then come over and swat.

"Not that dumb, got you to fall for me." Put hand to Dan equipment through pant and rub a time or two.

"Mostly was what do for roll." Dan grab up and sling over shoulder for a few step then drop on bed.

"I think for that comment you are not getting a roll tonight." Pout then giggle on account can wake Dan with roll.

Course then yawn so perhaps no roll is best mind on thing. Take out two throw knife and one Colt to put under pillow then work on get out of cloth. Dan is do same then is get under covers on other side. Sigh when join Dan, sheet is little cool yet feel nice and silk. Bed under is quite wonderful and make think that perhaps should order new.

Not that voice the thought, Dan pull over to him so is snuggle and all is right in land. Shiver a little as well, reckon is cool but no cool enough for shiver yet do shiver. Dan pull closer and hold on so am pressed far into Dan as can. Is nice so work on settle down for sleep, not that Dan let.

"Are you feeling alright?" Sigh and look up at Dan.

"Am feel tired and want sleep." Dan snort then tap on nose.

"Seriously are you feeling alright? I mean you shivered when I pulled you over."

"Sheet was cool, no know where shiver come from. Honest Dan am feel fine."

"No waking me up with a roll, in fact sleep in a bit." Sigh and settle down for sleep.

Dan wake on this day, reckon am ready for nap during day. Seem early for but no big thing, since no hold babe can just rest on pinto. He do most of guide about when ride. Course may be on account of am sick, which is no good on account of have babe within. Sick gal with babe is bad, can mean no more babe and no want.

Still is time for up, mostly on account Dan has grab arm to pull. Get feet on floor then swat at Dan some afore heading for tracking leather. Dan does same then make sit on bed, reckon is time talk on thing.

"Janet why did you not wake up earlier?"

"You say sleep in so sleep in." Dan snort and chuckle then swat.

"Come on seriously, a rooster woke me and you are always up afore."

"Reckon am ready for nap in day, is early but am old."

"We were out a little late last night, though you always manage in Longwood." Sigh and look down.

"Longwood have work, am deputy during day then night am whore and keep eye on saloon."

"So you would sleep more if'n you weren't a whore and deputy?" Ponder on a bit then nod.

"In tribe slept like when on hunt. McCalbane made like Longwood, was up most night. Kept do same since on account of need."

"Alright, when we get back to Longwood I am giving you a curfew. We have enough monies to open up a farm so can afford to have you whore less." Nod then well there is a question.

"So we is open farm?" Dan snort and shake head.

"Like we would be let be to farm. Honest we could go to the farthest reaches and still get bounties sent up to us."

Giggle a bit then am being pulled off bed and down stairs. Is easier go down so that is nice, no tired so no problem but still nice. Also nice in eatery on account no many folk inside. What few there are be eating the last of vittles as well so we get quiet vittles. Get different menu, though this menu full of morning vittles and there is coffee.

"Black coffee?" Gal is giggle now.

"Black coffee mean you don't want anything in it, we can add milk and sugar for you, have a sugar bowl right there if'n want more."

"Oh this nice, black coffee, and reckon have hash brown with bacon, sausage, and egg." Gal nod and head for back on account Dan put in his order first.

Gal come back after short bit with coffee, big mug. Is good coffee, no sugar and then is made well. Reckon the cook grind it up extra much, do same at home on account no need use much beans. Just sit there enjoy sip of coffee now and then while wait for vittles. Then notice sugar bowl, is not just sugar, is little brick.

"Dan sugar brick?" Dan look at sugar brick and chuckle.

"Sugar cubes, common back east and slowly making their way west on account of the trains. Most places don't bother since they are only good for coffee. Try and use for cooking and you get lumps of sugar."

"Had in Kansas City?" Dan nod.

"You never notice on account you never put sugar in anything." Sigh and kick Dan.

"Make cake, cookie."

"Now you do but then you didn't. Reason I did the shopping." Sigh and shake head.

"Never did like your coffee." Dan snort.

"You always drank it." Roll eye and toss up hand.

"Is coffee Dan, always have coffee in morning. Reckon can get Claire order cube?" Dan nod and smile.

"Reckon so, surprised she hasn't already, folk are saying we have a proper town."

Gal come back with plates so we shush and mind on vittles a bit. Is lovely vittles so is all smile on have. Then thought come so look up at Dan.

"Dan are we buy meat or make hunt?"

"We will buy meat. Are we low on anything else?" Mind on a short spell then shake head.

"Have enough last day or two."

"Alright, what sort of meat do you want?" Ponder on a bit then smile.

"Small bit of boneless, can slice up small to make tortilla wrap and same for morning."

"I don't know if I like that." Sigh and kick Dan.

"Shall make with onion tonight then in morning add bacon and egg." Dan smile now.

"Well now that sounds good, and we do got cheese." Not think of that one so smile.

"Reckon on need buy cheese every hunt now." Dan snort.

"Perhaps, do know the camp stove is coming along every time." Nod and smile.

"Better biscuit."

"Can you do sandwich meat on the fire?" Nod and frown.

"Would need rotate meat and mind for a good spell. Reason no do big meat."

"Alright, shall see if can get a lunch pail. Can pack it with tortilla wrap just as easily as sandwich and cheese sandwich gets tiresome."

Would kick Dan, just he has point so go back to vittles. When finish vittles would not mind more vittles but Dan is pull up. Head for store where do find a lunch pail, least little thing that work fine as lunch pail. Also buy a mess of jerky and more of the red licorice. Have a mess of black left on account been all about the sandwich and tortilla wrap.

Everything bought we go back to hotel room and collect our thing then get horse. Just a little later we are leave town, get wave from sheriff. Ride on for a spell then Dan is lead off path. Look at Dan then look where he point. Barely can see something off in distance, would reckon is a church spire.

"Dan you is same church as these town?" Dan snort.

"Huh you asked. Honestly I thought you wouldn't be asking on that. Probably but it doesn't really matter none on account of should be welcomed in any church. If I am not then the town is in serious due for one of your slaughters."

"Dan you help on slaughter."

"I do and tend to call it something else. All a matter of how you describe it, same ending."

Sigh and pull out a licorice then Dan come closer to hand over a small mess of jerky. Take that then just ride along with mind on what pass, along with eat jerky. Must feed babe within, though belly no know difference. Course also see plenty coney to shoot, then notice deer. Is beautiful deer big with great white tuft in front.

Horns the size of me, close at least on account deer horn never get that big. Just admire deer a bit then ponder on perhaps should hunt deer so look over at Dan. He has notice deer as well on account is look at. When whistle low Dan shake head, no hunt deer. Which no so good, but also good on account is beautiful animal and perhaps should live for longer.

Reckon be good hunt for a town to get. Deer that size be plenty of meat, enough for good size town to last two three day. Just ride on though, adjust course a time or two so no longer go at town instead head for path if is one. Luck find there is path so can speed up a mite. Horse are close to tired so no go gallop or almost.

Just go until shadow start get long so look about. There is good camp spot though we is no that far from town so look over at Dan. He point for camp spot so we head for and rub down horse. Easy find wood so have fire go in no time. Get both pan set up on rack over fire then set about slice up hunk of meat we buy, two pounds reckon a mite over what need but good buy.

Takes a bit of effort to get the meat sliced, seems to run in two different direction. Make for tough cut but finally manage to get it. Dan hand over onion so slice that up and in pan then check to be sure on is all cook good. Does need bit of oil so add that on in.

"Still looks a bit spare for having on the morrow." Look over at Dan and sigh then fetch a tater.

"Reckon on be enough on account we is at town quick like."

"True, still we may as well eat good, bought enough for a bit on the taters and cans."

Ponder on a bit while cut up tater for hash brown to be dropped in with. Once get all in pan with to cook fetch a can of pea.

"Think pea in with meat or on side?" Dan just look at for a spell then shrug.

"Don't rightly know, both sound good. Just will the pea make it odd with egg and bacon?"

"Pea taste a bit like scrambled egg so no real difference."

"Alright, toss it in with the meat."

Nod as drain water out of can then drop the pea in with the meat. Spend a bit just stir then do up the tortilla on account the meat and all is get toward cooked. Finally though have it all cook up so do wrap and take plate over to Dan to lean against. Just eat a spell, is a mighty fine vittle that made then Dan nudge.

"Janet I was wondering, why don't you make moccasin anymore?"

"The coney skin that get while hunt go to Apache and they can use to make the new moccasin. Charge more for the coney moccasin on account they no get coney that often."

"Is that why you don't have moccasins on?" Shake head and grin.

"Have pair of new, learn how make so made with Cherokee marking. They no complain on account get many of coney skin they use for moccasin." Dan nod then tilt head.

"Do they last longer like that?" Shake head.

"No seem to, no sell many neither so most of tribe have moccasin now."

"Still was a great idea and it gives them something to do."

"Have baseball, do game most any day."

"I know, there is talk of forming a town team to play against them. Captain is thinking about forming a team as well."

"May no be good do, warrior are into game. Upset warrior still have knife."

"True, but you would be there. Asides can have chiefs make warrior leave knife in the teepee."

No sure be enough but then is insult suggest warrior no handle bad outcome of game. So just lean against Dan and enjoy the mighty fine vittles.

"Janet why are you not wearing the moccasin?" Look up at Dan for short spell.

"You say is no hunt so no moccasin. Do wear when hunt for meat."

"Well put them on afore we leave in the morning, some folk are thinking you don't have shoes and it reflects on me."

"No get." Dan sigh and swat on head.

"Come on use the proper English." Roll eye.

"Fine Dan, I don't get why folk think it is bad I do not wear shoes."

"Well that is because everybody wears shoes. Think back in that last town, even the poor black folk wore shoes. Our children get shoes even."

"Dan children outgrow."

"Yes I know, most folk get their child shoes when they are getting older and can be sent off to find work. Not all however, especially here in the south, they are big on looking better than they are, remember the hotel." Nod and sigh.

"Wish would have daughter, just make dress few time afore bleeding time." Dan snort.

"You are fixated on having a daughter." Sigh and look up.

"Dan want daughter so teach to be better than am." Dan sigh and give hug then kiss.

"Honest Janet you are just perfect." Smile up at handsome wonderful husband and want give roll but no need for.

"Dan you is wonderful husband." Dan just look for a short spell then snort.

"So you want to give me a roll but don't want to just jump on me?" Nod and smile. "Well if'n you had enough vittles let's clean up then we can see about giving you a roll."

Squeak and jump to getting all cleaned up. First thing do is set lid on pan to cover up vittles. Is good to do on account am so frantic sprinkle dirt atop the lid. Still have the plate all clean after two shake, though then spend another shake clean dirt off the plate. Dan is chuckling about this until swat with plate then he fall over.

Am giggle about this as finish get cleaning dirt off plate then check to make sure all clean aside pan with meat. Then is little dash to bedroll to get out of cloth and no Dan. Well this odd, no hit hard enough hurt so go back over to Dan to squeak on account Dan has grab and slung over shoulder. Smack at Dan backside twice then drop on bedroll.