Looking Past My Upbringing

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I heard her open a drawer, and heard the condom wrapper opening.

"Roll on your back, Ethan."

I felt her soft, warm mouth take my cock inside, and watched her head bob up and down. Fuck me, that felt great. I felt her place the condom where it belonged, and held her sides as she guided my rock hard 8 inches into her soaking wet sex.

Holding each hip, she started up and down, sitting straight up. Finally, she leaned down, kissing me, almost savagely. I placed both my hands on her breasts, massaging her nipples as I kept thrusting upwards.

I could tell I wasn't going to last much longer, and just as I felt my eruption begin, her entire body shook, over and over, again.

Falling onto my chest and panting over and over, she finally whispered, that was fantastic!

My grin could have lit up her entire neighborhood. Grabbing a couple of tissues, we just looked at each other, without saying a word.

Getting back into bed, after cleaning ourselves up, she looked me in my eyes and told me I was her very first White guy! I admitted that I had been with one black girl in college, but I told her, she was nothing like you.

Sometime after sun up, we heard noises that sounded like two little boys running around the house, which meant we needed to be up and out of bed.

Seeing just how active these two were, I knew if I was going to be in their lives in any way, shape or form, my recovery had best shift into high gear.

Both boys greeted me warmly, and asked what I wanted for breakfast. Vanessa and I just smiled at each other, as she prepared our meal.

Let me interject, here, that cooking was never one of my skills.

Monday, after an exhaustive therapy session, and another very complete check by all my doctors, I was told that by the next weekend, I could be released.

They did say, I needed a few more weeks of out patient therapy, that I could get, back in Portland, where I lived.

This really got me thinking. Did I want to be three hours from Vanessa? Could I find a place, here, until I got my act together?

Just as I was ready to be discharged, I was notified by a Realtor, that a very nice condo was available for up to six months, on a lease. 2 bedrooms, 2 and 1/2 baths, fully furnished. All I had to do is sign the agreement and have all my clothes and personal stuff shipped up from Portland. Oh, yes, I did need a car.

The day before my release, Vanessa came into my room, and asked if I had made a decision on where I was going, for the short term.

Smiling, I told her about the condo I was going to lease, and both of us lit up like a Christmas tree. I also told her, it had enough room for her boys to visit, too.

As we were talking, V quietly asked if us becoming an 'item' would cause any further friction between my family and me.

"Hey, they virtually disowned me for just thinking about dating you, so don't worry your pretty face about anything to do with my family. Except for my sister and her family, who can't wait to meet you."

It took a few days for all my things to arrive from my house, in Portland. With V helping me, when she had time, and my continued physical therapy, I was keeping myself very busy.

About a month after my discharge from the hospital, her boys told me their father was in town, and wanted to spend some time with his boys.

I volunteered to drive them to where he wanted to meet. I had ulterior motives.

As we arrived at this playground, I told the boys to give their dad and me a few minutes by ourselves.

After a semi cordial greeting, I got right to the point.

"I know for a fact that you've never completed your court ordered anger management program. I also know for a fact, that if you don't complete it, within, say three months, I will go to the media, the Commissioner, and your own team, detailing just some of your misdeeds. One last thing, you ever lay a hand on Vanessa, I will kill you! Understood, you worthless piece of shit?"

Before he could answer, I turned and walked away. As I neared my car, I finally let out a breath. What was I thinking? He had nearly 5 inches and 70 plus pounds on me, and could probably break me in two with a minimum of effort. But, he knew I meant each and every word I said.

Four full months after my accident, I was finally walking without any limp.

I was also doing some serious thinking about my relationship with Vanessa. Yes, she was 5 years older than me. Yes, she already had two wonderful boys. And, yes, I had never had anything close to these feelings before.

Let me catch up on another topic. Thomas Haynes had been doing some research on the family of the piece of shit who almost killed me. At 21 years of age, he had already had 4 DUI's, a hit and run, plus he hit me while driving with a suspended license. It seemed as if his Daddy and Grandpa always bailed him out.

We finally had a face to face meeting, where Thomas instructed me to try and remain calm. He started out by asking if either of the men had anything to say.

The father actually had the nerve to say his family was still devastated by sonny boy's death.

Before I could open my mouth, my lawyer calmly said, "if either of you cared a damn for that boy, you would have got him the help he desperately needed, before this happened."

Without giving them a chance to say a word, he continued, "Mr. Dunlap was going into the 3rd year of a $15 million contract, and was in line for a massive extension. So, let's cut to the chase, and tell you we will be filling this $100 million law suit, before the end of this week.

Sliding papers across the table, he finished by saying, "you've been served."

The silence in the room was deafening. Their lawyer said, matter of factly, "We'll get back to you."

I just had to get in the last word, saying, "see you in court."

As V and I were keeping steady company, I made the most important decision of my life. We were having dinner with her parents, when I asked her to marry me. I actually went ring shopping on my own, knowing what sort of ring she would like. A plain gold band. I knew she wouldn't wear a ring while at work, and she was the type of woman who never tried to impress others.

After asking her, I turned to her folks, and told them I should have asked their permission, first.

Everyone there, was over the moon excited, even her two boys.

"Are you going to let your parents know?"

"Not sure, yet, but my sister and her family will be there, wherever we get married."

Two side notes, here. Kenyon, Senior, did actually finish an anger management class, and supposedly kept on the straight and narrow, drug wise. He would still fuck a snake, if someone would hold it for him, but that's another issue.

Second, the family of the scum that hit me, offered a one time payment of one million dollars, which did not need any discussion with my new family. I declined, immediately, telling them we would settle this in court.

We never let it be known that the Trailblazers paid me my full contract, even though the whole world knew I'd never play, again. That's what I call fantastic owners.

As our wedding neared, I quietly asked my wife to be, if she was open to another child. Grinning like the cat who caught the canary, she replied that her pills were gone, as soon as possible.

We kept up quite an active sex life, with V letting me know what was and was not on the table. As adventurous as both of us were, she let it be known that her behind was off limits. End of discussion. She also let it be known that one might not be her limit, so our house hunting better take that into consideration.

Contacting the same Realtor that found this condo, we gave her our requirements, and price range. Within a week, she had several options for us to view, online.

As our wedding plans were being finalized, our house hunting was right on track. We found a house that actually had 5 bedrooms, plus a den, and 4 full bathrooms. A nicely fenced yard, with room for a basketball hoop in the yard. Not brand new, but very nicely updated.

We planned on moving in about three weeks before our wedding. We both had easy times selling our current houses, and decided on all new furniture.

A week before our wedding, I got a call from my sister, Ellen, telling me she, her husband, Ray, and their two girls would be in town two days before our big event. When I asked her if she let our family know about our wedding, her terse reply was, "Fuck 'um."

At our wedding, with about a dozen players from my team, joining us, we were overjoyed by how well everybody got along. My two nieces, ages 8 and 7 got along with V's two boys very well.

With school starting in a few days, we didn't take a honeymoon, but promised the boys a nice vacation over Christmas break.

The night of the first day of school, we were all sitting at the dinner table when I get a call from the Principal of one of the local schools, asking if I would consider becoming their head basketball coach.

He also mentioned that he knew I had a degree in history, and wondered if I would consider subbing in a class, or two, when needed.

Wow, could I teach kids to play basketball? Could I teach kids about history?

I told him I would think about it, and let him know by the next day.

As a family, we all discussed this offer. Both boys followed all the local schools, and told me this school hadn't done well for many years.

I called the next day, accepting the coaching and teaching positions.

We also started planning our vacation, to Disneyland over Christmas break. Hotel rooms were booked. Flights booked. Wow, we were going on a family vacation.

Just over a week later, V gets a call from her ex, which I couldn't help but overhear, with him yelling and screaming that he wanted his boys over Christmas. I knew he had three or four road games during that time, so my wife asked him who was going to watch the boys?

He just started screaming that they would be taken care of, and if we weren't in agreement, too fucking bad, this was final!

By the time the call ended, Vanessa was in tears, in my arms. I told her, very quietly that I had this handled. After quieting her down, I went to my laptop and sent a "Breaking Story" to ESPN, Yahoo Sports, Fox Sports, the Commissioner of the NBA, plus his own team.

This detailed every action and criminal act he committed on Vanessa, his then wife, that the NBA and his own team neglected to act upon. I added pictures of the welts on her back, taken at the emergency room of the local hospital, where she was taken, and finished by asking how on earth were his drug tests coming back, clean?

Send!

The next day, I was at my teaching job, and my wife working at her hospital, with both of us ignoring the myriad of texts, from a very upset Kenyon Hardy, Sr.

I got home before V did, and was greeted by the local TV sports anchors from all 4 networks, plus ESPN. When V did get home, she knew what to expect, and didn't say a word. I did all the talking. About 6 that evening, we got a call from his Lawyer/Agent, telling us if we knew what was good for us, we better stop telling these lies.

"Let me stop you, right there, to let you know that you are on speaker with every media outlet I could fit into our living room."

Dead silence.

"So, asshole, do you want to continue threatening us, or not?"

Dead silence!

"Now, please tell my wife and me how Mr. Hardy plans on watching his boys with four games in the period in question, three of them on the road?"

Dead silence.

"Mr. Hardy, please answer the same question, I asked your lawyer. I know you're there. And I know your boys told you about our vacation."

More silence.

"Mr. Hardy, why are you asking for these two of your six or seven children to spend Christmas with you? Does it have anything to do with the fact that the mothers of all those other children won't allow them to be alone with you?"

"Answer our fucking questions, you piece of shit!!" I screamed.

"Why are you trying to ruin my career?"

"Mr. Hardy, I think you've done a pretty good job of doing that, all by yourself."

Hearing nothing, I quietly told both Kenyon and his lawyer, I would wait until contacted by the league, or his team, and disconnected the call.

Three days later, Vanessa received a text from her ex, telling her she could take the boys on our planned vacation.

Mighty generous of him, since he was put on the league's suspended list, pending further investigation.

I declined any further comments to the dozens of requests from every sports media outlet you could name. Why rub salt in the wound, I thought. His career was through. Most of the women who had his kids were suing for child support. I did allow for a smile, or two.

A month into the school year, I held my first basketball tryouts. I couldn't believe in this talent rich area of Greater Seattle, how little talent my school had.

I had only two players over 6'3", and they were both freshmen. After introducing myself, I took a look at what I had to work with. I told them whatever happened during this coming season, we would never be out hustled.

What we might have lacked in raw talent, we would make up for in hustle.

Our first game, I was so nervous, I couldn't even eat dinner. It was against a team who had won 12 or 13 state championships over the years, and had at least a dozen players make it to the NBA.

The game was fairly close, with us losing by 14 points. What we did do, is let the league know we weren't afraid of anybody.

We had two more games before our vacation, and we actually split the games, winning against our closest area rival.

On to Disneyland. Our two boys had never flown before, and were talking a mile a minute, from the time they woke up, until our plane started taxiing down the runway.

Getting to our hotel, we barely had time to get into our 'vacation' clothes and get on with our trip.

It was fairly easy for other guests to know who we were, with the boys wearing their dad's jerseys, and my wife wearing my Blazer jersey, number 8. Me, I just wore a nice polo shirt and shorts, long enough to cover most of the scars on my legs.

I was quite surprised that in the land of the Lakers and Clippers, kids of all ages and colors asked me for autographs. The feelings all these people showed me, really made my recovery all worth it.

The second night of our vacation, as we were getting ready for bed, Vanessa looked at me with this silly grin, and said "Ethan, I'm certain I'm pregnant!" Both of us just stared at each other, both with this silly grin.

Wow. I was going to be a father!

The first thing V told me, is for me not to get carried away, limiting her activities, as she was well aware of what she will be able to do and what she can't do. I had to remember this was her third pregnancy.

In the morning, we told the boys they were going to have a little brother/sister in about 7 months. The first thing they asked was if they had any say in the sex of this new sibling.

Before heading out for the day, we both explained the sex of this child was long since decided. They both agreed, saying they would wait to see what their new sibling would be.

Our vacation literally flew by, and before we knew it, we were on our way home.

Back to our daily routines. I started teaching at least one class every day. The more I taught, the better I liked it.

My undersized team wound up with a 12 win and 11 loss season, the first winning record in nearly a decade. I could not have been prouder of this rag tag bunch of over achievers I helped mold into a hustling bunch of ball players.

Getting used to my wife's pregnancy, I learned what she liked and didn't like. She had a minimum of food cravings, but as her belly grew, her sex drive diminished. I really looked forward to rubbing some lotion on her expanding belly, supposedly to minimize stretch marks. One thing I soon realized was while rubbing her belly, she was not against a finger or two, finding their way between her legs.

As her due date approached, with us knowing we were having a daughter, we were more than ready, with V looking like she was having twins, she was very ready to give birth.

One night, as we were thinking about going to bed, she quietly said, "take me to the hospital, I'm ready!"

Off we went, taking the boys, since midnight wasn't the time to find a sitter. About 5 in the morning, Elizabeth Danielle Dunlap made her first appearance. 7 pounds 1 ounce and 19 inches long. Just enough dark curly hair to be noticed. She looked more like her mother than me, with coloring like coffee with a dab of cream.

After one night we got to go home. Our boys actually were a big help, drawing the line at changing diapers. Before anyone asks, yes I considered both boys ours.

I did manage to get this diapering business down pat, after a few minor disasters. Watching my wife taking care of the feeding of our daughter, she seemed to be in her element.

Would we have more? Not sure, but not ruling it out, for now.

During the following summer, a full 15 months after my horrific accident, Thomas was contacted by both Dad and Granddad. They were offering a lump sum payment of two million, which my father in law laughed at and told them both he was requesting a court date, sooner than later.

Starting my second year of teaching and coaching, with our daughter approaching four months of age, and our sex life beginning to pick up, again, Vanessa asked if I minded if she didn't return to birth control pills.

"Only if you are positive," I said, grinning from ear to ear. That night, we started in earnest to add to our family.

Within two months, V let me know our family was expanding, again. Both boys were excited, as were our friends, as well as my sister, and her family. No, I wasn't going to tell my family, back in Alabama.

First day of basketball practice, I noticed an addition to our team. A young man who lived in our district, but chose to play at a school with a better team. His overbearing father was at this practice, and called me aside, before I started, telling me his ideas of how I could best utilize his son's talents.

I just stood there, and quietly asked him if he truly thought I was going to change the entire chemistry on our team, just to accommodate his boy.

Yes, his son was a good ballplayer, but he would never be as good as his father thought he was, now.

I let dad know that he would be given the same opportunity as everyone else to make the team. Dad stomped out, calling for his son to follow, but, to my surprise, the young man said he was staying.

As our practices progressed, I could see some very nice improvements.

At home, our sex life during this pregnancy didn't diminish too much as with the first one. We were a lot more careful, but we were enjoying each and every position that was feasible.

With our daughter becoming a sound sleeper, we were able to keep our sex life going in high gear.

One Saturday afternoon I get a phone call from my father. That was strange in itself, what he told me had thinking if he lost his mind.

"Your granddad is very sick, Ethan, and would like to see both you and your sister."

"Are our spouses and children invited? If not count me out. I think Ellen's answer will be the same."

"Ethan, this is your grandfather, for God's sake," his voice rising.

"I know pop, and I know very well, what he thinks of my wife and three kids. Oh, that's right, you don't know we now have a daughter, and are expecting another child in just over four months. Yep, you and mom now have two more grandchildren."

"I just thought you should know, son."

"Goodnight, dad."

I just could not shed one tear for that racist son of a bitch. Granddad, or not!

Did I feel badly, when Grandpa died two weeks later? Not one iota. I felt pity for the man who couldn't see past the color of someone's skin, especially when that someone was the love of my life.