Lost and Forgotten Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Lost Boy
Lost Boy
5,772 Followers

"Holy shit! What the holy hell?!" I exclaimed feeling a chill run through me.

Inside the safe were legal documents as well as another cryptext. A sudden loud noise behind me caused me to yelp in surprise. I turned to see Special Agent Rodriguez standing next to the roll top desk. She had placed a large cardboard box down and was gesturing towards it.

"What is it?" I asked taking her into my arms and hugging her. "You scared the shit out of me."

"You seemed distracted." She stated with a sly grin. "I couldn't resist."

"Well?" I asked placing my hand on the box. "Where have you been?"

"The archives. You have twenty-four hours to read the contents of this box before I return it." She said as she walked away. "I am going to start a pot of coffee."

"You still haven't told me what this is."

"Oh yeah, that is everything the bureau has on Missouri Smith. I kind of borrowed it." She explained as she walked up the steps towards the kitchen.

"Everything." I muttered under my breath. "Better get cracking."

While everyone wanted to help us, Rodriguez was quite adamant that only her and I read those files. The box seemed impressive at first but in the end, there was very little new material we were able to glean. On the upside what we did learn was mind boggling.

"He was a student at Miskatonic, but he never graduated. He took dozens of classes that ranged from advanced mathematics to surgery. His interests were wide and varied. What do you make of that?"

"He seemed to be trying to cover his bases. Given any situation he would be prepared." She replied. "A jack of all trades and given his exploits he put it all to good use. It says here he was attached to the engineers in the latter part of the war. There are also several reprimands for going off mission. None of them were career ending though. He left the service as a full bird colonel. I've never seen so many rapid promotions in my entire life."

"Where did he go wandering off?" I asked, and she handed me a list of small German towns. "I've never even heard of any of these places. Did they have any sort of military value?"

"None that I can find." Rodriguez said equally puzzled. "I take that back. That last one on the list is the location of the Thule Society Headquarters. Didn't Himmler or one of them head that during the war?"

"What the hell is the Thule Society?" I asked, and she explained it was an occult society that ended when the war ended. "So, Missouri had a thing for them. Why?"

"The society had ties with dark magic and... what is that look for?" Rodriguez said frowning. "You look ill."

"I discovered a copy of the Mal Contentis hidden inside of a wall." I explained. "I don't believe in coincidences." She gave me an uncomprehending look. "A handwritten book of black magic that dates back, if Warlock is to be believed, to before the first pharaonic dynasty."

"Whoa." She exclaimed and then continued. "Oh, by the way, the movies should be here tomorrow or the next day. There were three vintage 8mm movies of Missouri during his war years. We can sit down and watch those to see what all the fuss is about." Rodriguez said and then giggled before breaking down and laughing. "Gods man... take care of business!"

"Huh?" I said and then saw Ginger sitting on the basement steps giving a clear view beneath her skirt. "Oh... I am so sorry."

"I'll 'knock' if I find anything." Rodriguez snorted. "Give her one for me."

"Come here you." I said lifting the redhead into my arms. She tried to talk but I kissed her into silence. Normally I wouldn't have used a dead woman's bed, but things were moving in a rather odd and disturbingly familiar direction. There was a pattern forming, or should I say I had detected a pattern long in the planning. Theresa seemed intelligent enough to create it, but two questions failed to make any sense. The first was why. Why had she seemed so determined to believe I was her long dead lover? The second was how? How did she know my birthday? How was I connected to Smith? He had sent me a letter from the grave. If he was to be believed he used a ritual to peer into the future. He had also used a ritual when he fashioned his lighter. A lighter that seemed to deter the movements of the thing lurking in the mountain.

"John... are you going to fuck me?" Ginger purred in my ear.

"No." I said as I dropped her to the bed. "I am going to break you into tiny pieces."

"If you say so." She replied in challenge. "Wait. Hold on!" Ginger squealed as I lifted her hips up and rolled her onto her shoulders. "NNNNN... I love that tongue of yours." I buried my tongue between her labia and licked for all I was worth. Her first scream brought Jynx and Rodriguez running. For a moment I thought they would either go or sit and watch. They didn't. They began undressing so they could join in. I rolled poor Ginger onto her knees and unzipped and freed my cock. I was poised to strike when I felt Jynx and Rodriguez tug my shirt up and press their naked flesh against me.

"Great view isn't it Jynx?" Rodriguez moaned.

"MMMHMMM!" Jynx replied. "Don't make her wait eh Diana."

"Right. Maybe he needs a helping hand." Diana moaned as she wrapped her hand around the shaft and guided me in.

"UNNNN!" Ginger growled as I slid deep into her.

"Me next." Diana whimpered as I began moving.

"Deeper!" Begged Ginger.

"Harder!" Demanded Diana.

"Faster!" Urged Jynx.

I just smiled as I pounded the redhead as hard and fast as I could. There is something about being the center of attention that gets my blood up. Jynx sprang into action and drug Diana onto the bed and had her mirror Ginger's position with her tits pressed against the mattress and her ass high in the air. She went to work on the other woman. I felt a bit inferior when it came to eating pussy. Jynx could do things that simply surpassed me. I pounded Ginger slower but with more force. When I saw Jynx spit on the Latina's asshole and work two fingers into her ass I almost busted my nut deep in the redhead.

"Your cock just got harder." Ginger whimpered. "You are stretching my poor little pussy to the breaking point."

"My ass..." Diana moaned. "My pussy..." She continued. "You're killing me over here."

Jynx didn't reply since her tongue was too busy lapping at the drenched sex of the other. I tried to hold off but between Ginger's tight little slit and watching Jynx work over Diana I lost control. I cried out as I buried my cock deep in the twenty-year-old. Ginger climaxed a few seconds later when my load blasted her insides. I pulled out and Jynx waved me over.

"She's ready for you." Jynx declared and took my cock in hand. "My turn to target your dick for a fine prize."

"Fuck me into submission." Diana begged. "Wait... hold on... UNNNNNN! That's my... Awww Gawdddd my ass!"

"Shut up and take it!" Jynx snapped. "You wanted to be next so damn bad." She growled as the head of my cock pried open her tight ring of muscle. "Bingo! Let her acclimate before you plow that field."

"I don't do anal..." Diana moaned as the shaft followed the head. "Correction... I only do anal with John."

"Fair enough you cheating slut." Jynx snickered. Click! "Her ass is really photogenic. What do you think?"

"Send it to me. I want to memorize the moment I took her virginity." I said between clenched teeth. "Damn tight!"

"Don't you fucking dare... MMMMMM!" Diana cried out until Ginger leaned over and kissed her. I began moving and the moans just increased in volume and intensity. "Awwww Gawd... my poor little ass."

I came five times. Diana left halfway through when the bureau called asking about the files she had signed out. She had to leave and explain why she had taken everything on a dead war hero. Ginger cuddled up on one side while Jynx took the other. Jynx fell asleep immediately while Ginger savored our time together.

"What's bothering you?" Ginger asked as she cuddled closer her breasts pressing against me.

"Little things but they are adding up." I said feeling a comfortableness with her since she was a fresh perspective. "The combination for the safe downstairs was my birthdate. I am seriously doubting the remains I found were in fact not Missouri's but someone else. If true did his family lie or were they lied to. It hurts my head."

"You think he might be alive after all these years. He'd be nearing a hundred and hiding out in some nursing home somewhere." Ginger mused.

"Why me?" I asked, and she gave me a curious look. "Why did Theresa put me in her will? I never even heard of her before I got here. Her connection to Smith is profound. They were lovers and confidants. She taught him cryptography and who knows what else. The records on him are surprisingly slim. He was so public and loved and then he falls off the face of the earth. I thought he died in that damn cave, but now I feel like he's been shadowing me. If so, why? Why send me a letter and draw attention to me? Ugh!"

"Shit! We are missing the party!" Ginger launched herself from the bed and my last sight of her was her splendid backside disappearing into the master bathroom. Jynx's eyes snapped open and she joined Ginger in the bathroom.

A quick cat bath and the three of us were dressed in clean clothes brought in by someone. We needn't have worried though. The Dead Dog Party was just gathering momentum. As was custom a photo was taken of the attendees to be posted on the festival web site as well as a physical copy would be brought next year to entice more people into staying later. The last hurrah was well worth it. I was able to data mine several people who I hadn't had the chance to meet before tonight. They were older and established in the fan community. I learned from them that they typically spent most of their time in the VIP suite of the hotel. I didn't even know it existed. I was assured that I would have access to it next year.

"Since I have the chance to ask." Damien Wright, one of the festival VIP's, casually preluded as he refilled his glass. "What is it like to receive a letter from a dead guy?"

"I..." I stammered as I pondered how to answer it.

"Oh... my... god..." Dworkin said his eyes widening reading my expression like an expert.

"I'm not sure he's as dead as people believe." I said before I could stop myself.

"WHAT?!" Several people exclaimed loudly but none louder than Dworkin.

"I think he went into hiding. Think. I have no proof. Chances are he is dead, but I have my doubts. Thank the gods I will be spending the rest of my vacation climbing. I need a break from the weirdness."

I went outside, and no one followed. For that I was grateful. I leaned against one of the wooden posts that framed the hotel's entrance. I closed my eyes and let out a nice long breath. The past twenty-four hours had been off the rails. I opened my eyes and noticed the cute deputy unbuttoning her uniform top and taking it off. The dark t-shirt beneath had a sleeping cat on it and the white letters spelled out the fact that cats were both a solid and a liquid. I smiled as she approached.

"She died of natural causes." She blurted out. "Thought you should know."

"Thanks."

"You okay? The party is inside. If you need a shoulder or an ear... you know what I mean. My ex says my breasts are nice to rest a head on." She continued, and I smiled. "That's better. I'll be inside if you need anything now that I am off duty. Subtle. Eh, you need to relax and not take this Smith shit too seriously. My grandma used to drink a glass of wine before bed. Not sure if that helps but she was happy until she had a massive heart attack in her sleep."

She made a face and then flustered she stalked inside. Had I made her nervous? She had watched me shower and was fine, so something must have changed. At least I wasn't the only one having issues tonight.

'Jacen... Jacen?' I sent out my thoughts, but she didn't respond.

Silence.

There was nothing in my head but me. How long had it been since I was alone with my thoughts? I closed my eyes and listened for her but nope, nothing. The smile played across my lips as I took in a deep cleansing breath. No more tutorials, no bad dreams, and no artificial intelligence. It wouldn't last of course but for now I would savor it. I felt normal as I took a short walk around the town. I glanced into the closed shops and remembered the joy of seeing Ginger grinning as she picked out clothes with Jynx. I passed the store mannequins and caught my reflection in one of the dressing mirrors. A flash of memory of seeing my old body floating in a tank of water hit me out of nowhere.

"Shit!" I cursed as I fought the sudden panic. I tasted the hint of metal in my saliva as I realized I had bitten my tongue in that moment.

The fear gave way to terror as I looked up into the moonless sky. I remembered the scent of my own urine staining my clothes when I raced from the cave and plunged into the daylight. There was no such haven for me now. I was vulnerable. The word resounded inside of me. The echo of it swelled and I stopped to listen. There was the sound of my breath, the pounding of my heart in my chest, but nothing more. No insects, no breeze, the world was empty, and the night had lost its appeal. I gave up on the fresh air. It was out there. It could be hunting even now. I shuddered and returned to the party.

Three Weeks Later:

An early morning climb to clear out my thoughts was just what I needed. Freeclimbing required complete concentration of hand and foot holds. I dipped my right hand into the chalk bag and moved to next contact point. I felt like Spiderman just slower. I reached the ledge I had spied two days ago and rested. A minute later Jynx topped the ledge and sat next to me. She hadn't lied she was a gifted climber and utterly fearless.

"What a view." She said, and she leaned back. "Great place for morning head."

"You are spoiling the hell out of me." I admitted. "You and Ginger. I can't believe she put off school to stay with us."

"I am surprised she waited as long as she did to ask."

"I was surprised when she asked you first though. She didn't want to step on your toes as it were. Are you sure...?"

"John." She said with a determined expression on her face. "When are we going to explore it? The cave I mean. I've seen the footage and you keep making up excuses. I'm not afraid."

"I am. I'm terrified." I admitted as the temperature seem to drop. "I... we can... what the holy hell is that?"

I caught a flash of sunlight glittering off something metallic. Whatever it was, it was moving fast up the valley floor towards our position. It seemed to defy gravity as it soared up the cliff face. Jynx seemed equally mystified. It silently appeared hovering before us. The sphere was about two feet in diameter with an irregular surface patchworked with various sensors, vents, and ports. How the hell did it fly?

"Jacen?" I said addressing the thing.

'No. You may greet me as Helios. I am your familiar. I was designed, programmed, and constructed by Jacen.' It conveyed through my optic nerve in friendly green letters. 'I haven't been given authority to link to your neural network.'

"Neural network?! What the hell are you talking about?" I blurted out and one of the sphere's ports lit up and projected a hologram of my head. A series of flashing blue areas displayed the physical network Jacen had secretly constructed in my skull. "Oh, that neural network. Why do you need access to it?"

"Since we are openly speaking in front of the young lady." Came the distinctly male voice of the drone. "Jacen was quite specific about me asking for access to your mind."

"Too true. I've had issues about it in the past. Fine. Since you asked so nicely you may access the network. Be gentle. This is my first time."

Jynx chuckled but I felt the cool tendrils as Helios established contact. The transfer of information was instantaneous. I knew everything that Helios could and couldn't do. He had been constructed as Jacen had put it, to be my technological familiar. It was like a wizard's companion, but tech based. The one key element was that Helios was armed with ultraviolet lights. He could harm maybe even kill the goddamn thing hiding in this mountain. I felt a surge of confidence I hadn't felt in weeks.

"We are going to explore the cave." I declared to Jynx. "We need to plan it out with food and supplies but with Helios we can do it safely." I said as I examined the drone thoroughly. "How did Jacen pull this off?"

"That's what I'd like to know." A man said above us. Jynx cried out in surprise and I shifted so I could look above us.

"Who the hell are you?" I asked as I looked at the young man. He was dressed for climbing and his fingers were stained with chalk. There was a rugged good look to him and his smile appeared genuine.

"My name is Nick Shaw. I own..."

"Numenor Technology." Jynx said cutting him off. "He's been on the cover of several magazines as the world's most desirable bachelor.

"I wanted to reclaim my stolen property, but I may let it slide if you explain who or what Jacen is." Nick said as he sat next to Jynx.

"You can call me Jynx. This is John Morgenstern."

"A pleasure. I've heard all about you. You're the guy that got the letter from the dead guy. What was his name?"

"Missouri Smith." I said providing the name.

"Surfer. What do you have on Missouri Smith?" Nick called out as the hologram sprang into existence floating next to Helios.

"Hearsay and innuendo. You'd like him Master Nick." The shimmering silver avatar chuckled as it addressed Nick. "There is no accurate record of his birth, but he served with several different military assets during World War Two. Much of his life has been recently scrubbed from servers across the planet. I cannot retrieve the data. I suspect the same A.I. I have been tracking these last few months is responsible. Jacen?"

"I didn't order him to do anything like that." I said, and Surfer confirmed I was being honest.

"A rogue A.I." Nick mused. "Just great. I don't suppose you could tell me how you and Jacen met?"

"I could. If I did I would be betraying her trust." I said and fell silent.

"Fair enough. Are you returning to town or going to explore that tunnel? Sorry, I happened to overhear you talking."

"Tunnel." Jynx voted. "We have Helios to protect us."

"Protect..." Nick said his voice becoming cool and cautious. "Protect you against what?"

"I don't want to sound crazy." I said but Nick patiently waited for my explanation. "There is something in that cave system. It is afraid of direct sunlight, it burns it."

"Interesting." He replied. "What does it look like?"

"Well... it is hard to describe." I began and saw the change come over him. "It is translucent. I could see a glowstick I dropped down on the cavern floor through it. It doesn't have a definite regular shape."

"A formless." Nick uttered the words in a near whisper. "Anything else?"

"Show him the upside-down pyramid." Jynx urged with a wink.

Once I figured out how to access Helios and his peripherals it was simple to project the footage I had recorded inside the tunnel and cave beyond. Nick watched intently and when he saw the inverted pyramid I stopped the video. Helios opened a second file and displayed Jacen's analysis of the object and there was no denying him a shot at seeing it with his own eyes. We got to our feet and followed the ledge as it ran along the side of the mountain. I stopped and pointed down. Thirty feet below us was the opening to the tunnel and beyond it the cave with the pyramid. We chalked up hands and feet and carefully moved downwards.

Helios silently hovered nearby, and I hate to admit it, but I found a measure of comfort knowing he was there. Nick was the first to reach the lower ledge. He helped Jynx to settle and I came last. I led the way and pushed the brush aside that covered the entrance. The others squatted down and examined the tunnel. Helios took point and I followed with Nick directly behind me and Jynx bringing up the rear. If anything went wrong she would be the first one out. I noticed the first of several small piles of dirt about twenty feet in. The rock was pulverized and felt smooth as fine sand between my fingers. I didn't take notice at first but after the sixth one I began to grow concerned. Nick and Jynx were too excited to even wonder about them.

Lost Boy
Lost Boy
5,772 Followers