Lost Empire Ch. 21

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"We have the capability to detect those who are spying for the sects; we scanned half your staff and found that this individual has been effected." Derrick told the shocked man.

"I knew that you were moving fast but I didn't think you'd have it ready this fast!" The High Commander told them.

"I have come up with a plan to rid the empire of the sects, I am afraid that one of them will start a private war soon with the empire. I am willing to help the Rangers with better weapons and engines. The problem is we need to clear the ranks. That's why we started with you, at least with you on our side I think the others would fall in line." Derrick informed the man who was nodding his approval.

"So what can we do to help? You will have the backing of the entire Ranger force; I'll make damn sure of it! Oh and I have to say this is an absolutely grand..." The High Commander started when Shelby appeared.

"Derrick we have to reposition ourselves I believe that several ships are starting to grow curious of where we are." Shelby informed him.

"My god!" the High Commander whispered, "she reminds me of my granddaughter!"

Shelby giggled as she bowed to the man, "Thank you sir!"

"Adjust now Shelby, as easy as you can no sudden movements they don't need to know we are here yet. I will have Hartwell bring the equipment back with him today. I will also leave instructions for removing the other in the mind of the one effected. If all else fails Mary can perform it." The Hologram of Mary appeared and bowed to Derrick, who in turn just groaned.

The High Commander started to chuckle, "I see that you still aren't used to others having to answer to you. Don't worry, you never get used to it you just adjust to it." Again the man chuckled at the look of almost despair on Derrick's face, which quickly turned to a broad smile as Derrick nodded to the man.

"We should have everything in place by tomorrow, not a word about this to anyone, this includes your family." Derrick warned the man whose face was now deadly serious.

"I have had to do this for years unfortunately, the family shouldn't be a problem, but my staff might ask questions. They are the ones I am afraid might leak out information that I met with you today." Suddenly smiling the man nodded to Derrick. "I just had a fantastic idea to keep them quiet." Laughing he nodded again yes it might actually work!

"Alright I have to return you before the one we suspect returns, take this," Derrick handed the man a communicator a lot like the one that Dempsy and Hartwell had. "This will make it far easier for me to contact you and vice versa." The man took it turning it over a few times nodding at the simplicity of it. "IMT Shelby."

"Yes Derrick," they watched as the man reappeared in his office then was talking to his staff there. Suddenly they were all smiling then they went back to work. A moment later another person entered the office apparently the man's idea was working as the new person didn't seem to suspect anything.

"Alright Shelby let's get back before..." Derrick had just sat when the ship slightly rocked from a blast a few thousand yards away from the ship. "NOW! Let's go!"

The engines whined then a few moments later they were in the vicinity of the Imperial planet. Derrick breathed a sigh of relief, "Derrick it's the High Commander."

"Yes High Commander?" Derrick asked the man.

"Emperor I have quelled rumors that we were under attack. Do you want me to tell forces that it was a test by you to see if we are ready?" The man asked.

Hmmmm that might not be a bad idea the emperor showing interest in the Rangers just might increase their pride and effectiveness. "I think that would be a good idea, tell them that I was pleased that they responded as well as they did but they need to increase their reaction times."

The man at the other end could see where the emperor was going with this, just might do all the troops good. "I agree Sire, very good motivation thank you!"

Again Derrick was grimacing true he might not ever get used to it completely but at least now it didn't irritate him as much as it did.

On board Hartwell's flag ship Ensign Callie had just lain down, god what was going on, she thought as she fell asleep. A dark figure entered her room moving through the shadows as if they were part of them. Attaching an odd device to her head they clicked it on smiling when they saw the energy signature was still there. Good, they thought the emperor's tech was still behind theirs. Leaving the figure exited the ship entering a small ship setting a course for near the galactic rim.

Onboard Conner and Sherry alerts were going off. "Sire?" They both stated at the same time.

"Yes, what's wrong," Derrick asked.

Sherry took over telling Derrick, "Conner and I have detected an older, slower trans-warp signature heading for the galactic rim. I believe it started near the Ranger Flag ship."

Derrick smiled up at Hartwell; finally the bastards took the bait. "Alright continue to track let me know where it goes."

"Affirmative," both ships replied to Derrick.

"I think we've caught a break," Derrick told Hartwell. "I do believe that the bastards think they are retrieving the personality that they planted in Callie."

12