Lost Empire Ch. 22

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Pars001
Pars001
2,208 Followers

"Mary we're going to abrir oculta; keep me apprised on what is going on there 'til we are there." Derrick ordered.

"Sire, I am sensing a trap don't you think it would be prudent to bring backup?" Hartwell asked a moment later.

Derrick nodded, "Of course but I feel they are expecting this so I think I have a surprise for them."

Hartwell smiled he knew of the man's surprises during the war, they had always been life savers that was for sure.

Above abrir oculta the new leader smiled as soon as they were in orbit they would have them and be able to take the ship then it would be no problem to disable the computer and use the ship to their own ends. It was the perfect plan. Laughing he was going to love slicing the throat of the fool of an emperor.

Moments later a huge rift opened as the ship slipped out of trans-warp space, ah magnificent! Just think soon it would be theirs! Moving into orbit the leader watched as the ship went dark, laughing the leader thought that the emperor was far smarter than that! As they started to move in closer several blasts erupted behind their ship WHAT!

Conner smiled as Thomas ordered another salvo, though not as strong as theirs, the enemy's shields they were holding up to some pretty strong blasts from Conner's guns. "Prime they are turning to run," Conner told Thomas. "Damn it! Try to disable their engines before they get away! Full charge now!" Again Conner smiled as he powered up the guns and released a full charge blast.

The new leader's eyes got huge they'd never survive a blast of that intensity! "Jump dam it JUMP NOW!" As the ship slipped into the portal the blast reached the edge of it and exploded. Cursing Thomas looked over the readings smiling, good the bastard was damaged if they made it out of the trans-warp portal they be in damn poor shape that was for sure.

"Conner I want you to keep an active scan on them as long as you can. I can't believe the asses got away!" Thomas said more mad at his self than Conner.

"If it is any help prime, they are far too damaged to make it all that far that is if they can ever exit the trans-warp portal." Conner told Thomas.

"I realize that Conner but I feel as if I failed the emperor, and that is unacceptable to me. If we didn't have to get the emperor from orbit then I'd say we go after the bastards!" Thomas replied.

"You know I can still hear you Thomas, they only got our engines I was expecting something like this. We shut down all but those when we hit orbit. Don't worry you two you WILL get another chance at then I guarantee it!" Derrick told them. "Now if you don't mind pull us out of the nullifier field so we can restart the engines and assess the damage to abrir oculta. By the way Conner I think they copied your nullifier beam to do this quite effective I have to say."

"Thank you sire, when you created it I thought it wasn't that useful but now I see the merit of it." Conner replied.

Mary appeared on board Shelby a moment later, "Sire! Again you are taking needless chances with your life! You are very close to me activating the retrieval system to keep you in the palace! I should..."

"Mary executive order Rho-11, Epsilon-21, Alpha-31, Sigma, Sigma-01 Epsilon-02, Sigma, Sigma-03 enact." Derrick suddenly stated.

Mary was quiet for a few moments then spoke, "Executive order Rho-11, Epsilon-21, Alpha-31, Sigma, Sigma-01 Epsilon-02, Sigma, Sigma-03 enacted. Re-assessing dangers based on the emperor's precautions and emergency measures. Awaiting orders Sire."

Derrick sighed he'd hated to pull that command on Mary though it would only work for so long for now she would be constantly reassessing him. Therefore it was only a matter of time before her assessment of him would fall far shorter than he'd wish it to be.

Mary smiled she hadn't expected the emperor to pull that old command out, for the present almost everything he was doing would be ok but only for now, she knew he would have to rescind it one day.

"Alright Thomas, Conner, we are almost ready. Go back to the imperial planet; we are going to be far more ready next time. This was just to see what they were capable of, now we know so they are at a disadvantage." Derrick told both of them. Shit I hope we are ready next time that was a little close.

Pars001
Pars001
2,208 Followers
12