Lost Empire Ch. 23

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Pars001
Pars001
2,205 Followers

Derrick's eyes narrowed when he read the short list, so Duke Risen was among those that could have ordered this. "Mary I suggest that you keep a very close watch on all five, though I want you to pay particular attention to Duke Risen. His actions in the past week have raised my suspicions of him greatly."

"It will be as you order my lord, Sire, may I suggest that you come back and prepare for the Nobles? This will be after all your first audience with them; a good impression might go a long way towards bringing them more to your side." Mary advised Derrick.

Derrick only nodded; true he did need their support if he was going to get the empire back on track. Then again he didn't HAVE to have their support; crap Derrick thought what a mess this is. "Shelby this is a new direction I want you to go with the re-gens. I haven't tested it yet so run every scenario that you can, and then let me know. After that we can decide if these plans are viable or not."

"I will do my best Derrick, please don't be gone long." Shelby told him.

"Believe me Shelby I don't plan on staying on planet long; the shorter the better." With that Derrick vanished and appeared in his room. "Mary, are they on planet yet?"

"Many of them are yes Sire. I have already put up the first arrivals the second set should be here soon. Do you have anything prepared for when you speak to them?" Mary asked.

"No not really, except to possibly reiterate what I told you to convey to them. By the way, how are our guests taking the news of what you told them?" Derrick asked.

"Many started to complain but thought a moment then were quiet, it appears that Duke Risen was the loudest and longest winded but eventually quieted down also. As I told you before Sire, much of what he said was laden with falsehoods." Mary warned.

"Yes I remember Mary; I think a little demonstration of just how untrusting I am of them is in order. Here's what I propose first..." Derrick started.

Several hours later, thirty men were leisurely making their way to the throne room. Many had no idea of what or who they would meet when they met the emperor.

Hartwell and several of his men were stationed just inside the entrance way to the throne room. Each man had a strange device strapped to their forearms, and each had a look of deadly seriousness on their face. The Nobles slowly entered the opulent room, staring at everything that they could lay their eyes on.

Soon the party of Nobles advanced toward Derrick, almost all slightly shocked when most every man recognized the hero soldier of the old republic. Derrick arose holding up his arm to stop the progress of the party.

"I bid all of you welcome; I'll make this brief as we all have far more important things to do. First off Duke Risen you are hereby warned another outburst like earlier and you can kiss one fourth of your territory goodbye. I don't have time for all the little dancing and prancing that all of you pride yourselves on. I am here to rebuild the greatest empire that has existed and possibly make it greater. This can start with or without you."

Derrick had been pacing back and forth in front of the startled men; suddenly he stopped and pointed at all of them.

"This empire will be remade as I said with or without you. I prefer the latter but press me to see just how serious I am. I will be visiting each of your realms soon, so be ready, if I like what I see you'll be rewarded. As I said press me, and you won't like it. Alright enjoy the palace then I expect you to go home."

Derrick walked to a far door and disappeared through it the Nobles made their way out the way they came. Suddenly Hartwell and several of his men grabbed a minor Noble dragging him off protesting. A few of the more powerful Nobles smiled and moved off.

Derrick was watching in another room as the minor Noble was taken to a secure room the whole time asking what had he done and where were they taking him.

"Did you see these five smile, when your men took him off?" Derrick asked Hartwell.

"No but now that you mention it three of them were awful close to the one we grabbed. Has Mary determined what type of poison it was?" Hartwell asked.

"The only thing we've gotten so far is it is keyed to the emperor's DNA namely mine. Glad I wasn't really there, we're going to have to really watch these bastards the next few weeks. I am hoping by then we have at least ten ships enough to blockade a planet." Derrick replied.

Hartwell could only smile, one or more of those dandy asses were in for a really big surprise soon!

Pars001
Pars001
2,205 Followers
12