Lost Empire Ch. 42

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Derrick donned a breathing mask as he opened the access panel. Nodding as he stepped out he could see that there was more power than before. Sighing he had a long walk as he was near the rear end of Shelby it had taken him three and a half hours to get this far. Derrick nodded as he developed a new respect for just how large Shelby's systems were.

Fifteen minutes later Derrick walked into the command deck. Sitting he pulled a typing board in front of him. {Shelby? I replaced all that you said and a few that I saw might fail. Are you able to re-emerge?}

{Yes I have already started to reintegrate myself into the system. As of yet I only have partial control on non-essential systems. Ah! There I think I have regained environmental control. Thank you Derrick a few of the extra you replaced have helped. I am almost to the re-gen commands.}

It grew quiet for a few moments as Derrick laid back. It had been a trying day. Where were the others? He was sure that they were clear when he and Shelby had blocked the beam. Derrick guessed he'd fallen asleep as he was jerked awake by a voice.

"Derrick? Are you injured? I now have control of well over half the ship. Do you need to go to med-bay? Oh dear!" Derrick heard Shelby say.

"Shelby? What's wrong? Where are you?" A perplexed Derrick asked.

"I'm sorry Derrick that system is still off line. I was surprised I am receiving transmissions on the high frequency channels that we ships use." Shelby said, her mouth hanging open.

Derrick nodded that was to be expected the others were looking for them. Then he noticed that Shelby was still standing there with her mouth hanging open. "Shelby? What's wrong? Are the others damaged?" Derrick asked.

"No," Shelby said in a whisper. "It's ... it's Emperor Gregor! Derrick! We are a thousand years in the past! I remember this speech; it was a week before all of us were launched! They're all here Derrick all my children!"

Derrick could only stare straight ahead, a thousand years? Then he shook his head, figures he thought.

12