Lost in Sunlit Shadows Drifting

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She leans over and kisses me, and we embrace. She says, "Even if there are times you don't remember me, even when you cannot remember me at all anymore, I will always remember you. And your children will always remember you. And we will always love you. And that's what matters."

"I love you. Lorene." I say, haltingly. "I...." I couldn't think of what to say.

"It's okay." She replies. "It will always be okay. I will always be here for you."

Time drifts and tumbles. I know I am at peace now. A warm afterglow, crying and happy at the same time. Why was I crying? Why was I happy? I suddenly can't remember. Eventually, a man comes into my room. He asks, "Are you ready for supper? Do you need help?"

"Why would I need help? Who are you? Get out of here!" I bark at him annoyed by this intrusion. But I soon realize, I actually DO need help.

"Wait... Come back..." I say, but the man is still there, unshaken. "It's all right. I'm here to help," he says, smiling. I realize there are a lot of people here right now, guests in my mother's house. Only I don't recognize the house, or any of the guests, and I ask the man where Mom is and he only shakes his head. It doesn't matter. I'm pretty tired anyway.

That night, I dream of my girlfriend Lorene, both of holding hands as we watch the sunset together on the hillside above Mom's house, in Vermont, and time stands still and we are still young, and our hearts burn for each other. And then time stands still while drifting and tumbling over itself, into nothing. Maybe she'll visit me here one of these days. The woman. Beautiful, dark hair and sparkling eyes. I can't think of her name right now...


12