All Comments on 'Love & Disrespect: Early Release'

by DFWBeast

Sort by:
  • 181 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Do you really think she is going to permanently change? The answer is no. Any spouse who treats their significant other that way, is missing the single life, and well on their way to getting it back.

Sorry, but it’s no mistake. I call em’, like I see em’!

calgarycamperscalgarycampersabout 3 years ago

The RAAC club is going to just dump on you!

Great story, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
I hate raac stories

I hate stories where the wife shits all over the marriage, shows zero remorse, and they stay together, just because...

But this wasn't a raac story. Shelley needed a bucket of cold water dumped over her. The divorce papers did exactly that. She clearly grew up. It was a little late in happening, but crucially, not too late. They weren't just thrown back together for no reason, they both actually worked at it. Shelley was extremely late getting her big girl panties on and growing up, but I really do think that she got there in time. She finally saw her sister for what she really was, and made the right decision to remove her from her life. I'm pretty sure they will make it. As for Marge? I don't think any amount of therapy will help her. She will always be a bitter bitch.

PeytonMirabellePeytonMirabelleabout 3 years ago

Still an old favorite of mine. I always like arcs where a character can redeem themselves and recover from their self-immolation. Sometimes it's not possible but when it is, I always root for them. Well-done!

IcarusascendingIcarusascendingalmost 3 years ago

One of the most well executed RAACs I’ve ever read

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcalmost 3 years ago

Quite a journey - Had me near tears at the end. I'll bet this scenario plays out many times a day in the world. Great touch - 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I liked it it. It wasn't the usual cuck story found in loving wives. After a while those seem like the same old story just a different verse. This was truely a different story, and not the usual cuck crap I see on here every time I look for something in the LW category. I don't have any idea what a RAAC story is, but I thought this was a good story and a nice change of pace. I'll have to look up some of your other stories now. As to whether or not they'll make it, not sure. It really depends on whether she can rebuild the trust she tried to destroy after listening to her sister's bad advice. Her parents weren't much help either except to say that IF she wanted it, SHE had to fix it.

zeuspmzeuspmalmost 3 years ago

too many bitter divorced men in the comments.

usaretusaretalmost 3 years ago

Everyone should have the opportunity for a second chance.

nixroxnixroxalmost 3 years ago

5 stars - I like this story

jflindersjflindersalmost 3 years ago

The contrite woman at the end simply isn't consistent with the bitch who spent months showing him who was boss, refusing to be reasonable and keep out of trouble, deliberately making him think she'd cheated and then still not being the least bit contrite in the meeting after she was served with divorce papers.

I've always believed that you don't see the real person when the person is in a corner and has little choice. You see the real person over time when the person does have a choice. I hated the ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A totally new & different way to present a marital dilemma. Loved it—5 🌟.

Bill

sf_operative63sf_operative63over 2 years ago

Really good storyline....well thought out..more realistic than fantasy. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

He clearly is a gambler!

JonDoe315JonDoe315over 2 years ago

While I loathe raac stories, this one wasn't bad. She at least realized and dealt w/ her demons. The only thing that would've made it better was if he got a post nup.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You did a great job in the first part of the story selling me the reasons why he should divorce her. And then you ruined the story wiping all those reasons clean without any good explanation. Pathetic RAAC. You didnt even send the spoiled bitch to see a therapist. I am with the first part of the story. She's spoiled, trust is gone, you don't disrespect someone you love, etc, etc. The second part is just a disgusting not earned reconciliation.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This was a great story.

Be very solid in every respect.

Keep this going!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Shelly really grew up and in a believable way. People can remake themselves from the their ashes if they truly want to; I know because I did it. I had to or die.

This story was sound on nearly every level.

Again, thank you for creating this for all of us 👊👍

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The best story from this writer I've read this far. Great character study!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good story but like fuck shelly and everyone except todd.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I gave this one a 5 on the premise that it damn near mirrors what happened with my ex wife. Her parents and siblings were always constantly interfering in our marriage. The worst part of it was that she allowed it, and even encouraged it somewhat. After 8 LONG YEARS of living in a miserable and hopeless situation, I ended it. She finally seen that I was not going to let her manipulate me anymore and went her separate way. We remained civil with each other, and she had two small children when I met her, and for 8 years I raised those 2 girls as if they were my own children. Those 2 still come visit me, call me occasionally and refer to me as Daddy-Bill. They even tell their children that I'm their grandfather. My ex died 3 years ago, after she defeated cancer 4 times, to pass on with a large tumor overtaking her heart. It's been over 30 years since we divorced, and still I had feelings for her. My parents NEVER interfered into my marriage or my personal life. They only advised that if I ever need to talk, or ask for advice, to always consider that they had my back. I have kids of my own now, and they,and their mother treat the two step-daughters as their own family. My wife always knew that I still had a soft spot for my ex, but she also always knew that it would NEVER interfere with OUR marriage. Very well written story indeed. I just think that it ironically aligned with my real life story so much, except for the ending of course.

someoneothersomeoneotherover 2 years ago

A 5*. The dialog was a bit unbelievable, but the points were there. Well written with a good ending and teaching.

pummel187pummel187over 2 years ago

The husband = a retarded baby

ju8streadingju8streadingover 2 years ago

the unanswered question is did they make it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

@sbrooks103x

Thoughts

@LordSlamdawgg - I might normally agree with you regarding the speed of her turnaround, but this IS a flash story, there's not a lot of time!

As far as possibilities go, ANYBODY he meets may betray his trust, there are no guarantees in life. If anything, she seen the results of her actions, she'll probably be more thinking about how her actions affect him.

I know this is just a flash story, but some back story on just what he was saying/doing that was so CONTROLLING would go a long way to seeing how reasonable or unreasonable her feelings were. -

You tell LSD that this a flash story and not enough time in regards to the speed of her turn around. And next you are wanting some back story on her feelings about his controlling her.

sbrooks103x

Re-Reading

"you need to know that you bring structure and focus to mine" - Yes, and it was that "structure" that she and Maggie derided as "controlling"! - this comment you are saying that his structure is the controlling issue. I guess you figured it out after a reread.

If you would READ rather than skim and actually think before you comment you might have some positive criticism.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I hired a PI and he did Me no Good .. No Pictures or Video of anything . But My Cousin in One week had pictures and Video . I have told all of My Friends about the PI .. I have also showed them Pictures and Video of why I am getting a Divorce . Her Dad who I hated until the day He died got Pictures and Videos also

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

We loved the story in its entirety. There were a few points and times it was a bit conflicted and confusing, but overall; the arguments, confessions, heartfelt statements from the soul and ultimate realization of true love, respect and acknowledgement made for a great story.

Thank you for not leaving us readers hanging and providing a RAAC believable ending that touched us.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Really enjoyed your story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I really liked the story. It was different from the usual fare. I do have a question for all of the "Legal Eagles" out there (and I realize it probably varies by State) . The signed divorce papers were implied to be his out if she reverted to "form". How long are they good for anyway? Are they any good at all once they start living together as man and wife? It's difficult to state that there are irreconcilable differences (I'm assuming that 's what the divorce papers stated) when you have accepted those differences and resumed the relationship.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Good story, hated the ending

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I enjoyed this, and I'm glad Shelly realizes how badly she fucked up and I'm glad they got back together. I hope Maggie turns the corner and things work out for her. Not because she deserves it, but heaven help us all if we get what we deserve. Besides, there's her daughter to think of.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

5 stars for the husband in how he handled the toxic in-laws, the skank sister-in-law, and the disrespectful wife. Great end.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

File the divorce papers and get a restraining order. Get away from her and her family. Like he said in the “family meeting”, that whole family is toxic. It’s the only logical course of action.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Absolutely frigging loved it. This was perfectly plotted portraying flawed human beings working through their human frailties. Absolutely loved it. Thank you so much!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I can't believe it. We finally found the perfect man. He must be the second begotten Son of God. How else could he be so perfect? Certainly, he had reason to be hurt, but this is ridiculous. Instead of wanting him back, she should have thanked God for her early release.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I really enjoyed it, and felt the story was totally believable. This kind of thing probably happens more often than everyone realizes. I gave it 5 stars as I really enjoyed the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Surprised by the critics for either side. Clearly this is a resolvable reconciliation. That sort of intentional harm and deception is damaging to a marriage. It affect the perspective of the spouse. The divorce was a threat to spur discussion with a family that wasn't facing the truth. Margaret was toxic after her divorce, slutting it up at the club, bringing her sister along for support, and then manipulating her sister against her husband. Not sure what makes the husband look like a control freak. Margaret became toxic. The PI reports proved that. Shelly did not cheat. Her decisions on the dance floor were stupid but not worthy of any type of divorce action. But trust was injured and worse the knowledge that she could choose someone else's side and inflict cruelty on her husband. What happens when some young shark comes to woo her and turn her against her ball and chain husband. In reality both conversations were well done. Both his with the family and hers olin California. They both made solid points. They communicated. She manned up to a bad mistake but made a sacrifice to offer a new start with her husband in California. She showed true remorse and pushed back vs the family, in particular the sister. She got knocked down a bit off her pedestal in her husband's eyes but not enough it can't be forgiven and fixed. Neither are perfect, both are flawed. Continue to communicate, be close to another, and in time thr bonds will grow strong again.

inka2222inka2222almost 2 years ago

I only gave it 3 stars because the main problem was not resolved. She was perfectly OK with hurting him, and there's no proof she won't again but he won't be able to walk away next time, as he himself said, for example after they have kids.

Honestly, if the author wanted to make a compelling case for her good intentions, she needed to produce a post-nup, protecting him fully from her. Not say the "I can't be married with a gun to my head" BS she did.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Good job on writing a true reconciliation and not a RAAC.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

One of the best written and LOGICAL reconciliation stories ever posted on Lit.

.

Realistic. Consistent. Compelling. Shelley’s arguments for making another go of the marriage were about as sensible as any I’ve read.

.

5 *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well done story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well written good story. The dialogue and responses were well thought out and realistic plus the ending gave most readers a warm feeling. 5/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Ah.... a keeper. Yes, I would give that chance if in the husband's role. Enjoyed the story, albeit perhaps not a masterpiece. The best stories requires more ambiguity like richardgerald or georgeanderson. But still a good read. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well, this was one of the best reconciliation stories that I have had the pleasure of reading in a very long time. Brilliantly written and well thought out, airing both sides. Will she never hurt him in the future? Absolutely not. Both will hurt each other sometime. The explanations from both sides laid out their feelings and thoughts and concerns that married couples often have to deal with. This is a definite 5 star rating. Another anon commented that Betty had not come to terms with hurting him. I would disagree. She chose him over her family and was willing to move without any consideration that he would take her back. Betty was remorseful and wanted the marriage to work. Some other folks would like to read how vicious he could have been but the story was beautifully ended.

ProfesseurXProfesseurXover 1 year ago

A pretty good story, liked it. Not too short, not too long and the plot is not too outlandish.

Thank you for an enjoyable read.

NoSauce4uNoSauce4uover 1 year ago

Quote: "Dammit, Todd, I'm not talking about possibilities. I'm talking about probabilities. It's a possibility that within ten years you'll die in a car accident, or I'll develop breast cancer. The possibilities of something bad happening are endless! I'm asking you if you think that if we stay together that I'll ever cheat on you?"

Yeah, well, but your past behavior showed that there is a higher likelihood that you will cheat before anything previously mentioned will happen.

Anyways, thanks for the story. Gud one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

sweet little story, to bad real life stories, like this usually don't end like this, happily..

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story. A reconciliation was not only welcomed but practically necessary. The wife did inflict emotional harm on the MC and was manipulated by her older sister. But the MC was overly dramatic and probably could have handled some things better instead of instant flight, for example. At least after he filed, he confronted the wife and her family. The fact that she left her family behind and moved out to LA should mean a lot to the MC. Moreover, getting drunk in a bar and dancing with some guys, some of whom occasionally fondle her ass should be grounds for vigorous discussions, arguments, and even fights. The dirty trick she played was conceived by her sister and she was both mad at the MC and already drunk enough to make some really bad decisions that night. She had her panties in her purse but instead got really mad at her husband when he confronted her. Again judgment impaired. However, his constant baiting with ifnshe cheated or not and he couldn't trust her when she said she didn't was kind of bullshit. She didn't cheat. She played a nasty prank / trick on her husband to hurt him. That is bad but she did not break her vows. And even when talking outside Ty's apartment, the whole possibility thing where he had a hard time deciding if she was going to cheat or not, seemed too wrought and overly dramatic. The MC had PI reports that he paid for and they saw nothing amiss with his wife except for the dancing. He was not being rational on that aspect of their problems. So some of the "oh woe is me, how can I trust her" was exaggerated or he has some real issues trusting people.

waltdeewaltdeeover 1 year ago

An epilogue would have been a nice touch. Otherwise a very entertaining read. Good job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

NO! If she learned a lesson, then she can apply it to her next marriage. She destroyed this one, and shouldn’t be rewarded for that.

Just_GymJust_Gymover 1 year ago

Conflicted, but I agree with the author's ending.

Nothing in life is certain. She's shown that she has listened to someone tear down her husband, and there is the chance that it will happen again, this time with a seducer, but like her husband I believe that the chance of that happening is small.

5 stars btw.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Shelley cheated on him when she was rubbin' up against men that were grabbing her ass. Without her sister around, that might NOT happen again, but the probably is that it will, based on her previous actions, which should be much louder than her words.

xhristianjxhristianjover 1 year ago

What a load of horseshit, I love how cuck authors dress up their MC as if their normal heterosexual guys only to fuck them over for the stupidest excuses. Oh I didn't really cheat on you I just disrespected you for fucking months and would of done anything my stupid sister said which eventually would of been fucking the whole Bar🤓

SDN1955SDN1955over 1 year ago

Continuity error. Shelly said she turned her phone off the infamous night out, but a paragraph (or sentence later, can’t quite recall), Todd was able to call to check up on where she was, which precipitated the stupid plan. How could they have talked when Shelly supposedly turned her phone off?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Your reconciliation relies heavily on her not actually cheating and him believing she wouldn’t cheat in the future. Problem is, it was her willingness to manipulate him and inflict a serious amount of pain on him just to get her way that was the root cause of the divorce. The problem you got past was not the problem that caused the breakup.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

We need to return to the time when women were raised to obey their husbands! She should have been home feeding him, and sucking his dick, not out dancing with other men. The very first time she wanted to go out without him, he should have turned her over his knees, and blistered her bottom so that she couldn’t sit for three days! Her mother is a complete and utter failure as a parent. 2 daughters in their twenties. One acts like a slutty 16 year old, and the other acts like a spoiled 13 year old. The father is an incredibly weak, pathetic momma’s boy. The MC was an idiot for marrying into this diseased crap family!

ZK

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

This is good. Better than some you've written. Which isn't a put down by any means. I thought it was original. Thanks, and a tip o the hat. S. F.

Helen1899Helen189910 months ago

Face it 4* not sure if deserved it, I just can't make my mind up

Starwolf1961Starwolf19619 months ago

This story is loaded with nuances that most readers don't or can't appreciate. Wife was immature and heavily influenced by someone she trusted but shouldn't have. Husband was a bit of a bastard ant rigid. Her family was as dysfunctional as it gets. Psychologically they should have both been lesbians (but that would be fodder for stories in two other categories). The author put his characters in a situation of stress. The response to stress is change to alleviate that stress. Both protagonist are forced to grow and re-align their priorities in a way that they could both live with. She realized she was being a narcissistic brat, he realized that he had forced her into a corner and she responded badly. In this situation the author ALLOWS his characters to mature and find a way forward. RE-read it carefully and pay attention to to care with which the author constructs the narrative and brings it to HIS conclusion. It pains me to read comments from people so narrow minded that they can see only one conclusion through the tunnel vision through which they read. It saddens me to think of the life they led that caused them so much pain and mistrust. Forgiveness is a gift which should never be discounted.

5 stars from me for a well crafted story and I like happy endings. KUDOS!

Don Romine

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Extremely well written. And a very plausible finish.

GrassIsGreenerGrassIsGreener9 months ago

Great Story. Husband waiting too long in responding but he did it in time.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Nuance is a way of saying "I have no principles" and rigid is a way of saying "you have principles and I don't like that."

Why get married if you don't want to live within the rules of a marriage?

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Yawnnn....

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Thanks! I really enjoyed this storey. Unusual plot, and the dialog was just superb. But the cherry on the cake was how both of them learned and matured. I have now read several of your stories, and my respect for your tallents increases with each one.

I know you guys do this for free (and reading some of the responses I often wonder why) so can I please thank you for the time and effort you all put into thease stories.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Well written. Good characterization. Husband had the right to be upset and Shelly needed to get away from toxic, scheming sister. But once she came out to LA, pretty much a no brainer. Husband was being a little over dramatic especially given the PI reports. But maybe he needed to be to forcevthe issue and get a clean start for both of them.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

as any married person knows compromise is not only a sometime thing in the give and take of a marital relationship,it can be the only way to continue . refusing to even talk or admit a compromise is needed is a sure way to either stress or destroy a relationship . after 44 years of marriage i speak from experience ,common sense and knowing when not to argue about the little things can help to avoid larger problems .

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

What a mixed bag of commentators. It isn't my sort of story but I'm more than happy to give it 5 stars for its all over quality.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

the story is very well written and an enjoyable read overall, but the reconciliation conversation leaves me confused. it seems the straw that broke the camel's back as it were is shelly's willingness to intentionally hurt him, to manipulate, scheme and play games to cause pain, yet when she shows up at the door, she says she'll probably hurt him again if they stay together (totally realistic and normal) and that it'll probably be unintentional - not that she understands how horrible intentionally hurting him was and that she'll never do that again. Couple that with her thinking he'd been waiting weeks (without knowing she was coming) just to rub it in her face with his room mate's GF and it shows where her mind's at. If I were him I'd have run, but I guess to each their own...

MrGrumpy035MrGrumpy0357 months ago

Great finish to an original story. Wish you were still writing.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Well, I'm a sucker for happy endings and I see a good future for this once got her head ot of her ass. The fact she really wen the xtra miles and left the toxic family behind is the real deciding factor. Even hubbys analitical mind won't find any real flaws in her argument.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Good story. Wife puts it all out there and they still love each other. pretty sure they'll make it. I do like happy endings.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Damn that is a well written piece. Really well done. BardnotBard

Rocky62Rocky625 months ago

Tomorrow? How bout asap and greet me only in herls on knees and open wide…. Good rough and tumble make up sex

uncle_muduncle_mud5 months ago

Noooo! Having lived this I would have cut and run while I still could. No good can come of this reunion.....

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmith4 months ago

Well written story. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AllNigherAllNigher3 months ago

I looked it. Reconciliation but not RAAC. Nice...

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I just read this again, it's a favorite of mine. The realistic nature to most all aspects of this story makes it easy to like. You see yourself as the husband in that situation and root for the wife to redeem herself.

FaShUnPhOtOgFaShUnPhOtOg2 months ago

This is very close to my situation. I wish every day I had followed my BIL’s example and kept my ex far from her manipulative, controlling father. It took him 17 1/2 years but he finally succeeded in destroying my marriage to his daughter.

AnonymousAnonymous16 days ago

Nicely done. Well worth a 4 star.

AnonymousAnonymous11 days ago

Brutal and emotional. Big up to the husband for having the balls that far too many husbands in these LW stories seem to have misplaced. I honestly thought that marriage was done and dusted, but the wife got her head out of her ass and fought back with a vengeance to show him how sorry she was and how much he means to her. One of the few reconciliations I approve of. Also, beware the sister of your wife. If things are good in her life, all is well, but if things are shit, you better watch out!

OOAAOOAA5 days ago

FANTASTIC STORY!!!!!! 5 stars fom here, of course!

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDFWBeast@DFWBeast
Most of my stories fit in the "Loving Wives" category. Primarily they're "cheating wives/ revenge/ possible reconciliation" type stories. You'll rarely find stupid, clueless wives or weak, whipped husband's in my stories. What you'll find is flawed wives...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES