All Comments on 'Love and Trust'

by Slirpuff

Sort by:
  • 249 Comments (Page 3)
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Very well done!

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 2 years ago

He wasn't wrong to be mad about her behavior on the dance floor, but they both did some growing up (maybe her more than him). Good ending.

other2other1other2other1about 2 years ago

I really loved this story, There was a lot of pain, but for the most part it was addressed nicely. I love that she was a true loving wife, not some slut. Their fiery meeting was well scripted. The reconciliation with his mother was good as was the mellow ending with his father.

About the only area that I wish we could have explored more was the emotion around her disrespect on the dance floor. It felt like it was brushed over too quickly or there was more discussion behind closed doors that we never got to see. I feel like he was unfairly judged by everyone during that. Cindy was worst in my eyes, almost zero compassion despite saying she was a friend.

Overall I loved this story, well done!

AnotherChapterAnotherChapterabout 2 years ago

It was a good story but there were some glaring inconsistencies. Regina goes to great lengths to hold off any sexual conduct, because, although she is an unwed mother, she is a “Good catholic girl” from a conservative family, but behaves outrageously on the dance floor while ignoring her date for over an hour? Then, when we next see her she is out partying with friends who include a punk with a switchblade, getting him stabbed. After all this the bitch demands that he have this reconciliation with his estranged parents. She leads him around by the nose throughout the story and maybe that was the “breakthrough” he needed. Apart from grandma, all the women in this story are suspect, including Cindy, his mother, and Regina.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

To the people complaining about slutty dancing by Regina, I have known several girls that loved to dance and tease on the dance floor but still avoided sexual encounters. Good story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Typical story from Slirp, the women make fun of the men, the men take it, too stupid and weak to stand up for themselves. Women dominant, men submissive. She doesn't write men well, but overall, I think she's a good writer. That part about the comic, "I almost peed my pants", yeah, men don't talk that way. Women do. That's why you know Slirp is a woman. 2 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A beautiful story, nicely written, 5 stars. Just one unfortuneate hole in it: devout Roman Catholics do not use contraception, that's an absolute no-no.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Wimpy man, psychobabble, self-hating white man racist bullshit, controlling, insulting women, "forgiveness" for the slut mother, denigration of the heroic father, all served up in competently written prose. This is a great example of LW misandry.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Well done, one of your best. 5*

AngelRiderAngelRideralmost 2 years ago

I couldnt continue. I absolutely hated it. The dude is entirely unlikable and unsympathetic. Why would ANYONE want to subject themselves to this asshole? I get it, this is supposed to he a redemption story but you HAVE to offer something to the reader that allows them to believe the character is worth the time to read something of this length. I am on page 3 and there is literally nothing. Why would Regina give him the time of day? This guy had it rough but he is an adult and doesn't act like one. Also, much of what I have already read could have been reduced by half. So much needless information. This story is not worth my time no matter how flowery it gets. You have justified why anyone would like this guy.

GuikilegalGuikilegalalmost 2 years ago

Well, it's supposed to be a story of the coming of age and evolution of an insecure, fragile and jealous man, and how such problems will be an obstacle that will prevent him from living a happy life. The problem is that this story doesn't give me much sense of how much Steve's problems are holding him back, and it makes him seem right. She already starts with Steve in a relationship with a lying cheater, and the relationship didn't work out because of her, who is a lying cheater, and not because of him and her insecurity. It is mentioned that he has had like 5 previous girlfriends, how many of those relationships ended because of him? I don't know. But that story goes downhill from there when he goes out with Regina, and he spends 1 hour being ignored by his date partner and has yet to see a huge display of cynicism from Regina who gets kissed by a guy and then shows absolutely no concern for Steve seeing that, didn't even look at him, and still continued to dance around after that. And she knows Steve has trust issues! Again, it's not his fault, but the author really wants to show that this particular relationship doesn't work out because of... him? why do you have a fragile ego? his friends still try to conform him to this humiliating situation as if Regina is not aware of what she is doing. And will one spew a moral lesson, that he must grow up and learn to forgive? go fuck yourself? I would deeply doubt they will be my friends after this. Then Regina wants Steve to take the initiative to make amends with her? Even after she acted inappropriately? The lowest point of this work is that I have to see Steve's father, a man who should have known better than anyone because he had a cheating wife and apparently not very repentant, telling his son that it's his fault that he's the one who's wrong because he doesn't hold his wife? This was ridiculous and absurd on a level I have no words, I had to stare at my cell phone screen for a few seconds to be sure of what I just read.

By the way, please man, have consistency in your characters, it's an amateur mistake that haunts most stories of this genre on LT. People have consistency and character, if Regina is a single mother and a good church girl, and who strives for an image of a reserved person, then how to explain her sudden libertine behavior on the dance floor? Unless it is established that she is a hypocritical Catholic false moralist, which is not the case. She was established as a whole person, but who suddenly becomes bad character, and then stops and goes back to being the good girl, these inexplicable attitudes are merely bad writing and for male castration purposes. You aimed for a coming-of-age story, but you hit a toxic feminism story. It's a little obvious what the author's genre is.

sennodensennodenalmost 2 years ago

I've been thinking about this story on and off since I read it yesterday, and I still can't get over how extremely disrespectful Regina was of Steve every time they went dancing. That shit was just not okay, and somehow it's up to Steve to try to fix their relationship. Steve might as well not even have been in the club with her, since she spent 95% of the time with every other guy in the place rather than Steve, and then she dares get mad when he leaves

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I stopped reading this about half way through.I have never read so much bad advice in my life. What he should have done, before he was stabbed, was get as far away from that town, those's parents, and especially his friends, as quick as he can get. I don't know how this ends, because it not worth reading. Very disappointing.

XYZ

SexecutionerSexecutioneralmost 2 years ago

5 beers and he was three sheets in the wind? LOL.

It's already been stated ad nauseam, insecure MC, hypocritical girlfriend, and the typical beta male psychobabble on how to make it "work".

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesalmost 2 years ago

Fantastic story, a tear jerker for me. Thanks for your writing.

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyover 1 year ago

Another great story! Thank-you

sennodensennodenover 1 year ago

Also, to the anonymous commenter 5 months ago talking about slutty dancing. I guess it's fine, except for when the girl ignores her bf cos she'd rather dance slutty with everyone else, at that point it becomes very much not fine.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Story that trivializes and minimizes shitty behavior by women and that men should just be accepting of bad behavior by women. Steve should have just walked away when she disrespected him and let her stay a single mom raising her daughter by herself. Regina was just a "bad girl" pretending to be a "good girl" and Beta boy Steve never set any relationship boundaries with her including deal breakers. Steve was portrayed as a desperate beta male who didn't have enough reasonable self-esteem" or "confidence and satisfaction in himself to know that he could do better than Regina.

KiwihunterKiwihunterover 1 year ago

Regina and me? Correct grammar would be Regina and I. It is a common mistake made by many today however if you wish to be regarded as educated it is one to be avoided. Also try and avoid use of the bastardised word gotten. There are much better word for example has, had or received. It just lifts the class of the writing.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 1 year ago

Kiwihunter, from your name I assume your not North American, because both US and Canadian usage accept "gotten." Both "got" and "gotten" go back to Middle English according to Grammarly, so gotten is hardly bastardized. BTW, note the "z" instead of an "s" in bastardized. My North American editor flags the "s" but accepts the "z," another sign that you're applying your standards to a different region.

StubbyoneStubbyoneover 1 year ago

A terrific story for the 2nd time. 5-😊😊😊😊😊

RileyKingRileyKingover 1 year ago

Great story!! 5 stars!! Loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story. Interesting perspective. My only quibble.is I think the author pushed the envelope too far with the dance debacle. I get what Jerry was saying trying to make peace before the MC stepped out, but there is zero chance that after what Regina pulled on the dance floor that night that it doesn't end either with a confrontation/fight/argument or with the man leaving. Personally I would have confronted and then probably walked out. Thr fact that Cindy is so dismissive of it and Regina is so clueless about it, is stupid. And most women would agree with that as well. Forget the kiss. She didn't reciprocate or return it or desire it. But she should have looked for Steve when it happened and gone back to him to cool down. But what took the cake and was worse than letting guys get hands with her (ok they never discussed it), was when he was clearly upset and had been ignored and was frustrated and cut in, she openly humiliated him by laughing (maybe she was a bit drunk and didn't intend it as hurtful, but hey perception!) and then went with another guy to disappear for another 30 mins. The author went too far. She was not there with him that night. We get that she likes to dance (really likes it) and the salsa was her thing. And yes they did not discuss boundaries on the dance floor. And yes she respected them after they made up and set the rules. And yes it can be forgiven and overcome. It doesn't have to be a deal breaker. And yes she had no sexual intention with those dancers. And yes she was devastated when Steve left her and then they had a bad fight (during which apparently they just yelled and nothing was hashed out). And yes after another several weeks, she inadvertently almost got Steve killed after he refused to dance with her (which btw she wasn't all cheery about) AND she saved his life. Sure. Great. BUT there is no way with the scenario the author set up thatbit doesn’t end in harsh words and tears (which it did later) or in Steve leaving (which he did that night). No chance. So yeah good story but the author should have reined in a bit that night about her behavior, or.come up with a reason, like she wanted to see if she could push his buttons, or if he would come out more on the dance floor, or would he stand up for her. All of those would have therr own issues but her naivete about what she did and how they fought afterwards brutally (off page and broke up) and then in her parents' backyard is still really hurt about what happened and why he left, does not fit how significant her behavior was that night. Tone it down so it fits the idea that he has issues and overreacted. Or give her a pseudo valid (or believable) reason for why she played those games that night. Or blame it on drinking too much. Or have them talk it out some more about why that shit don't fly. I assume that the latter is what happened, we just didn't see it, because afterwards she held true forevermore. Anyways creative story with a child who was just crushed at an early age and had to overcome a lot of emotional handicaps. I kind of like that we don't know why her mom cheated or why she fled or why she just didn't connect with her son. Some mystery is fine. His dad was a real hard ass.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 1 year ago
HIV and FD are correct about this story

MC should have stayed out of the clubs and moved on after the dirty dancing night. Regina did not have anything to offer except condescending attitude. He should have moved on.

inka2222inka2222over 1 year ago

Sorry, this was a good attempt but i'm not buying the happy ending. She was nothing buy pushy and condescending to him all throughout. That she needed to be told that having other guys dancing is a problem, means she just doesn't value him (since she wouldn't let HIM touch her but fucker her bf without issues before, and was handsy with the homies she danced with). He whole BS about "I'm doing this for your benefit" would work a lot better if she asked him what he wanted and needed. The happy ending the author wrote about feels completely unrealistic and artificial given her personality and behavior and attitude.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Love this story!

WakeupnowWakeupnowover 1 year ago

Bravo, just bravo. Nothing else needs to be said.

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 1 year ago

I just don't see what our hero saw in that fat slut Regina. She treated him like shit at the dance clubs. I don't care what she said, but going on the dance floor with all those guys and making out with them in plain sight of him and friends. And those nosy relatives of hers. Somehow he kept his cool and ended up with her long term and it sounds like it was a happy ending, but for all her reticence about sex with him she did talk about sex with others and I don't think he had any idea that she would remain faithful to him - if she did. What some guys will do for a fat, sexy piece of ass! 3*

Cracker270Cracker270about 1 year ago

Second time this time I really noted how unlovable Regina is. Writer did a great job creating her.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Second time through and I have to agree with Cracker270, not really a very redeemable character. Don't understand why he would want to be with her. She disrespected him continually and yet people kept telling him that he was in the wrong for wanting to not be with her. Her new friend stabbing him should have been the death knell of the relationship NOT a new beginning. Well written even if I don't agree with its "happy ending".

Simon_MastersSimon_Mastersabout 1 year ago

Great story, no one is perfect.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Good story but don't how Regina could be that blind and naive about what she did that night in the dance club. I understand that the author wanted a fight to set up the split so he woukd get stabbed the next time and she woukd save his life. But she went way too far. Doesn't matter that they didn't discuss it. How could any man NOT get upset and storm out? How woukd any woman respect a man who didn't? The kiss was whatever, she didn't seek it, but she should have looked for him. But thr continued 'sexy' dancing and ignoring the MC is like a horror movie to him, and then when he is upset enough to go out there, she laughs at him (maybe not intentional and she was tipsy, dunno) and dances another 30 minutes with other guys until he storms out of thr club. And she is pissed at him? Thr discussion in the backyard was not cathartic. Because she still thought she did nothing wrong. Thr only way they get past all of that is they at least meet each other half way. But we see zilch of that on their on page discussions. Obviously she stopped it and committed yo being with him when they go out, because they worked it out. But how? Went from him almost dying, to her being upset how bad he hurt her emotio ally by leaving, while other people castigated him from breaking up with her. Yes he has trust issues that make things worse. But there is no self respecting guy that doesn't walk out of thr club after her behavior. Yet she thinks it is because of his troubled past and/or he is from an alien planet? Bullshit. What woukd her brothers or father think or her mother or aunts think if they saw what she did that night. Come on. It was bad enough to provoke a major argument. Maybe his total breaking off was augmented by his past. But saw nothing on page of a discussion where she took any real responsibility. She just claimed that they hadn't established rules of what was accepted and she would abide. Huh? What planet was she raised on? That part marred an otherwise excellent story.

MarrttyMarrtty11 months ago

I agree with anonymous below. It is a great cross ethnicity love story, but her behavior at the club was off the Hook

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Guys, do you think it's acceptable from your steady partner the disrespect, disloyalty, humiliation, specially when you're in a committed relationship.

Knowing the characteristics and the history of Steve, was Regina supposed to do all the above mentioned things on the dance floor? Moreover, can't she leave him alone the next time they met accidentally? She's the hell responsible for the hospitalization of Steve. And after being the guilt one, she's dared to show bloody attitude. If it's me, I never'd taken her back.

HighBrowHighBrow9 months ago

What is this? YA?

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Anonymous commenter from 3 months ago with post starting with "Good story but don't how Regina could be that blind and naive..." hit the anil on the head. Couldn't have said it better myself. An otherwise excellent story marred by Regina's over the top disrespectful behavior at the salsa club. Worse she honestly didn't know why he would be upset. This from a woman from a large conservative, religious family. Hoe could it not lead to him storming out and a huge argument? Breaking up is a matter of personal choice. But anything short of that is an absolute given. I guess she is that naive. Then magically after the argument in her backyard, they work it out, establish the new (what should have been obvious) rules and voila, all is good.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

5 Stars on a Great story . I thought the writer did a good job on a story I truly like . I call it a fell good story and Regina is a keeper

miket0422miket04227 months ago

Heartwarming story.

It did seem like the author could have spent a bit more time on the conversation they had about the way Regina treated him when they were out dancing. Other than that, very well written story.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Regina really acted disrespectfully toward him that night in the dance club. Felt almost out of character for her,

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

All kinds of should of, would of, could ofs in this. One that stands our fir me. When a wife gets pregnant, the first person she should tell us her husband. It doesn't matter how close the family is..

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

It was a HUGE red flag when MC tried to call Regina multiple times to get a date with her, and she shot him down. She could have given him alternative dates, but did not. Anyone knows that during a negotiation, you have to give and take. Regina did not negotiate. You don't play power games on the first date or before. HUGE RED FLAG.

MC should have bolted and STAYED bolted when Regina pulled her stunt in the dance club. Not worth it. End of story. Just walk away. Anything else makes the MC a weak pansy catering to her.

MC should have seen the HUGE RED FLAG over the whole stabbing incident. It takes quite a bit of coercion to get someone to go from cool to attempted murder, but Regina spoke to the criminal and got him to do that.

As the previous Anon stated. Regina should have told her HUSBAND about the pregnancy FIRST. NO EXCUSES. Again. Another RED FLAG. NON EXCUSABLE.

Too many red flags. They all detracted from the story, making it unrelatable and less and less believable.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Regina was a whore. This bitch MC was fucked in his head for obsessing over the cunt. He was a fucking loser and this story is written like one. He is Regina's bitch. She's an entitled demanding cunt with him

Reading pages of this shit story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Cindy and Regina were both bitches and the asshole cuck writer wrote Steve like a fucking wimp with no balls. Steve was a stupid bitch.

This story is a fucking 2*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Bitch Steve had balls talking to his mother but none with the whore Regina. He's Regina's little bitch!!

ONE of the worst stories of this asshole writer's

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

A STORY OF A WIMP STEVE AND HIS JEZEBEL

6King6Kingabout 1 month ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Thanks for a great story

AnonymousAnonymous26 days ago

Good story, though Steve initially had some issues with his confidence and ego. Other than that it's a good story.

gasperguy69gasperguy6920 days ago

Ever notice that most of the negative comments are made by someone named "Anonymous"?

A good story!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous