Love Me Tender - Please Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Careful there, little lady," he said in a raspy voice.

Alarm bells went off in her head when she heard what he must have thought was a sexy comment. She pulled away from him and hurried into the house to get away from his roaming hands. She could tell he was not really interested in the house as she pointed out the different features during their little tour.

Opening the door to what she thought was a storage cabinet in the pantry she screamed when an ironing board popped out. She ducked back an instant too late and it bounced off of her shoulder and slid down and over her chest as she pulled away.

When Sidney reached around her to help lift the board up, she could feel his body pressing against her back. She tried to twist away from him in the narrow confines of the pantry but he continued to touch her. They finally got the board back up into its place and closed the door. Karen felt a burning sensation on her chest and looked down to find a trickle of blood oozing from a mark on her breast.

Sidney spotted it too and reaching in his pocket he pulled out a handkerchief and moved to wipe up the blood.

"I'll do it, thanks," she said and backed away from the pantry.

Using a napkin taken from the holder on the countertop she dampened it and dabbed at the spot. It was barely visible and was no longer bleeding but Sidney looked at it every chance he could. He kept commenting about how it was a shame to mar such a pretty breast. There was a little spot of blood on the edge of the bodice and she reminded herself that she would have to tell the dry cleaners what it was so they could get it out.

He kept brushing up against her and his breathing was getting a little ragged when he suggested they look at the bedrooms again. She stepped back to let him go up the stairs ahead of her but he urged her ahead of him with his hand on her back up under her jacket. She quickly stepped up on the first step and his hand slid down and over her bottom.

As she climbed the stairs she continued to talk nonstop in an effort to calm her fears and to try and point out the home's features. She could not tell if his heavy breathing was from the exertion of going up the stairs in the hot house or if he was getting aroused.

She was not particularly afraid of him since Mike was sitting in the driveway but she was uncomfortable with his actions and didn't know how to respond. Three-quarters of the way up the stairs she realized she could not hear him breathing any more and she stopped and turned around. He was standing on the second step and leaning over and looking up at her.

"He's peeking up my dress," she thought. "The little pervert!"

"I'm sorry. I'm bushed from the heat and walking up the long sidewalk to the front door. Can I rest awhile?" he almost panted when he talked.

"Are you all right?" she asked with a voice filled with concern.

"Yes, I'm fine he replied. I got a little overheated. I must confess it's not all due to the walking. Part of it is looking at your gorgeous legs. How old are you?"

"Mr. Stones," she admonished him. "Let's keep this on a professional level. OK?"

"I'm sorry, I was out of line. Let's look at it some more. I'm OK now."

Karen remembered Mike's advice and decided to go for it.

"Rest for a while, it's hot up here without the a/c turned down. I hate to show houses like this."

Karen pushed her jacket down over her shoulders and let it fall down her arms and into her hands. She glanced down at her chest and could see the top of her breasts shiny with sweat. Folding her jacket she took one step down towards him and stood with her feet on two separate steps.

Sidney's eyes almost bugged out as he watched her little impromptu show. He struggled to his feet when she turned and he followed her up the stairs.

"Is this like buying a new car?" he asked.

"What do you mean?" she responded.

"You know. Once you buy the car you never see the salesman again. He's only your friend until you write the check."

"Oh, no," Karen lied with a smile and put her hand on his arm. "We are like a family and we keep in touch with our clients and we even have get-togethers with them now and then."

He was now standing a few steps down from her with his face about level with her chest. He never raised his eyes to her face but kept them focused on her cleavage as they talked.

"Do you really want to see the rest of the house again?" she asked. "It's hot up here."

"No, I've made up my mind and Rachel will have to go along with it. We're buying this one."

Karen edged past him and walked down the stairs with him following. At the bottom she turned and leaning on the banister she raised her foot and adjusted her shoe. Sidney stood a few steps above her and he watched as her dress fell away from her chest.

"These shoes are new and they're hurting me," she said and rubbed her foot.

Without waiting for a reply she walked towards the door while putting on her jacket.

"No sense in letting Rachel see this," she thought. "My God, I feel like a whore. No, I don't, it was fun and I feel great. Wow! I made a sale."

The cooler outside air felt good and she let Sidney go ahead to the car while she locked up. Mike closed the door after Sidney got into the car and stood outside looking at her with his eyebrows raised in question. Karen smiled and showed him her thumb and forefinger touching in the universal circle-sign of success.

Chapter 14

Ray sat in the parking lot of the bowling lanes and worked on the last beer from the six-pack. It was still too early to go in and he had a good buzz going. He tapped the steering wheel with his fingers in time to the music on the radio while he finished his beer.

A country love song came on the radio and he started feeling sorry for himself as he listened to the lyrics. The song told of a man fighting for his lover and he remembered Melody suggesting that he tell Karen how good she looked and how proud he is of her. The six-pack had mellowed him and he had tears in his eyes at the thought of losing her. He realized that he might have given her the impression that he was not proud of her and her accomplishments and that he didn't want her to change.

Deciding against bowling, he started the car and formulated a plan as he drove to Barkley's Florist on Broughton Street in the historic section. He planned to buy some flowers and some candy to give to her when she got home from class that evening. He added a mental note to make reservations for a romantic dinner the next night since she wouldn't have a class.

"That should do it," he thought and promised himself that he would keep it up until he won her back just like the song said.

He drove up Bay Street with the flowers and candy sitting on the seat next to him. It had cost him a bundle but she was worth it. He felt high but not drunk and he thought he might stop and get another six-pack on the way home.

"To hell with bowling tonight," he said aloud. They can find another sub for one night."

He realized that he was near Belfords, one of her favorite restaurants. He made a quick turn to go around the block because of the one-way streets.

"I'll go in and make a reservation here, this will be the perfect place," he congratulated himself while searching for a place to park. It was nearly three o'clock and traffic was light as he turned into the parking lot near the restaurant.

Karen and Mike were standing next to Karen's SUV when Ray pulled into the lot. They had gotten a promise from the Stones that they would meet at the office the next morning and draw up a contract. Whatever argument Sidney had used with Rachel had apparently convinced her that this was the house for them.

After they put the Stone's into their car and sent them on their way, Mike followed Karen to her car where they stood and talked. He had left his jacket in his car and Karen had dropped her jacket and purse on the seat of her SUV.

Karen was almost giddy with the success of her first day as an "almost agent" and she was bubbling over. Mike was complimenting her on her excellent performance with the customers and she was savoring the praise. Mike had made up his mind that he was going to share the commission with Karen and he figured he might as well tell her now.

"It's not technically legal, but since I'm the listing agent, the seller and the broker, I'm going to give you a nice bonus from my selling agent's commission on the house. It'll be around 10k. Thanks for all of your help.

"Oh, my God!" she screamed. "I can't believe it. I can't believe that I just made $10,000 for an afternoon's work."

"It usually takes more than one afternoon's work but you deserve it and I want to keep you around. You're going to be one of my top producers in no time."

"Thank you, thank you, thank you," she gushed and throwing her arms around his neck she plastered herself against him. Continuing to hug him, she gave him several big smacky kisses on the lips with each one punctuated by a "thank you."

Ray sat in his car staring at the scene in front of him. Karen's arms were wrapped around Mike and she was kissing him like there was no tomorrow. Her breasts were almost squished out of the sides of her dress and she looked like she was grinding her body against him.

Pulling back from Mike she looked up at him and said, "I can't wait to tell Ray. Now he'll have to admit I have a new career."

As she moved back in to give him one more kiss of gratitude she looked over Mike's shoulder and into Ray's wide eyes through the open window of his van.

"Ray!" she shrieked in horrified surprise and she felt a cold chill run down her back and chase away her euphoria.

"I'm sorry I interrupted your little lunch tête-à-tête. Here's some flowers and candy to go along with it."

Karen pushed Mike away from her and reached out towards Ray. She watched as a bouquet of flowers and a gift-wrapped box were tossed out of his car window.

"Ray, no, no! It's not what you think. I can explain. Wait, wait!"

Ray's van was already moving as he sped away and out of the parking lot exit leaving a sobbing Karen standing with her hands dangling limply at her sides.

"Oh, no! No!" she cried. "He thinks ... thinks ... Oh God, I've got to get home."

Mike reached out to her but she jerked away from his touch.

"No, don't, I've got to go."

Karen knelt on the rough pavement and gathering the flowers and the box of candy she climbed up into her SUV and fumbled for her keys.

"It'll be OK," Mike said standing in the open door. I'll talk to him and explain what was going on."

"No, please don't," she begged. "He won't understand. This is the second time he's seen you and me like this. Oh, God!"

She tugged on the door and Mike stepped back out of the way so she could yank it closed. He watched as she started the car and pausing to wipe the tears from her eyes, she pulled away.

She kept looking for Ray's van as she hurried through the streets but he was nowhere in sight. A feeling of panic and fear at his reaction to what he saw was overwhelming her. She had to keep wiping the tears from her eyes as she hurried home to explain why he saw her kissing another man in public.

Ray's car wasn't in the driveway and she was surprised to find the broken glass and dirty dishes in the sink.

"He couldn't have been here and left already," she thought as she cleaned up the broken glass.

Salvaging what she could from the flowers, she arranged them in a vase on the dining room table along with the box of candy. She tried his cell phone but all she got was his voice mail where she left a pleading message for him to call her so she could explain.

There was a voice message on the home phone from Melody letting them know that they wouldn't be getting back from the beach until late and she would stay at her friend's house. She left a number if they wanted to call and check up on her story. She ended with a snide comment that she hoped Karen and Ray could make up without interrupting her sleep.

A note from Brian was taped to the guestroom door letting her know that he had practice and would be late. The note also reminded her that she had promised to work at the hot dog stand at their last game of the season.

The voice mail and the note on the guest room door saddened Karen and she stood staring at the slip of paper in her hand. Her kids way of communicating with them and their desire to stay away from the house, made it plain that they knew more about their marriage problems than either she or Ray thought they did.

"Damn, we've got to get ourselves straightened out," she said to the emptiness.

A determined Karen moved her cosmetics and other items back into the master bath and stripped the guest room bed. She took a shower and after much hesitation she dressed in the green, satin gown he liked so much. She admired herself in the mirror and was more than a little pleased that the garment was loose on her since she had lost her weight.

Deciding against being too obvious, she chose to remain barefoot instead of wearing heels. She walked downstairs while belting her robe to cover the gown in case one of the kids came home early. Gathering the ingredients, she prepared a tray of crackers and cheese and a glass of wine that she carried, along with the portable phone out onto the patio.

There was only a moment's hesitation before she dialed the number of the Real Estate Class instructor to let him know that she would not be attending class that evening. The instructor was comfortable with his best pupil missing a class since they were in the review phase of the course. He gave her the page numbers so she could study at home.

Her next call was to the office to tell the girls that she would not be going to the gym the next morning and she would see them at work. After hanging up the phone she called the office a second time and asked to speak to Mike. She told him that she needed a day off and was it all right with him. He asked her if she had talked to Ray yet and she told him no but she was sure they could work everything out.

"Go ahead and take the day off. You haven't missed a minute of work since you started here. Don't worry, we can manage."

"Thanks," she replied. "I'll see you on Thursday."

"Uh, Karen ... if you need anything or if you want me to explain to Ray what happened, I'll be glad to do it," he offered.

"No, that won't be necessary," she thanked him. "It'll work out."

Karen was getting worried about Ray. It was after eight and he still had not come home. She tried his cell phone several times but all she got was his voice mail. She apologized and told him that it was not what he thought and that she could explain. She added that he would be happy with what she was going to tell him about what had happened that day and that she was sure he would understand.

It was getting dark and the mosquitoes were starting to bother her so Karen poured another glass of wine and moved into the den to watch television and do some studying. She tried to concentrate on her course material but she soon dozed off in her recliner.

She had no idea how long she had been asleep when a terrible crash woke her up. She ran into the dining room and was greeted by the sight of the tablecloth all twisted up and the broken vase of flowers lying on the floor.

Ray was nowhere in sight but she didn't have to guess what had happened.

"That clock must be wrong," she muttered. "It can't be 2:30 in the morning."

A quick check of the hall clock confirmed the time before she turned and hurried up the stairs to the bedrooms. She was halfway up when her shirtless and red-faced husband stumbled out of the master bedroom. Catching sight of her he leaned over the railing and stared at her as if she were a stranger or some kind of monster. His mouth was moving but no sound came out.

Stretching out her hand towards him, she called out, "Ray, please," and continued up the stairs.

Reaching the top landing, she watched as an obviously drunken Ray bounced off of the guestroom doorframe and slammed the door behind him. Melody's door was open but Brian's was closed. She knew he was home and she didn't want to frighten him so she waited until she got in front of the guestroom door before tapping on it with her fingernails.

"Ray, please," she whispered. "Please let me in."

The door was locked and no sound came from inside when she repeated her tapping and pleading. Giving up, she walked back to the master bedroom with tears clouding her vision and collapsed onto the bed. She had a hard time falling asleep and when she did she kept waking up in a panic throughout the night.

Karen woke with the early morning sun flooding the bedroom with spring light. Groaning with the effort of swinging her legs over the side of the bed, she untangled her gown from around her legs and stood up.

Stripping off the gown she let it fall on the bed and with bladder bursting she padded into the bathroom. Some of her cosmetics had been pushed off of the vanity top and into her lavatory sink. Ray's polo shirt and tee shirt were tangled up in the sink on his side and his shoes lay several feet apart on the floor.

"He must have seen my cosmetics and figured I was going to sleep in here. That's why he moved into the guestroom," she thought as she sat down on the commode.

Reaching over she gingerly picked up his shirts, half-expecting to find them soaked in vomit but they seemed dry to the touch. After wiping herself dry she stood and kicked his shoes to a neat, side-by-side position while separating the inside out tee shirt from his polo shirt in preparation to putting them into the hamper.

Checking his pockets out of habit her fingers came out with one of his business cards decorated with a lipstick imprint on the back. Scrawled on the front was the name Deirdre with the "i" dotted with a little heart and a local telephone number.

Her curiosity aroused, she carried the shirt into the bedroom and when she held it up a whiff of a woman's perfume mixed with the smell of beer and sweat came to her nostrils. A gasp escaped her throat when the morning sun revealed smears of what appeared to be lipstick on the shirt collar.

Karen sat on the edge of the bed and thought about the events of the last twelve hours. She knew what Ray thought was happening when he came upon her and she didn't blame him for thinking that way.

"I guess I've given him reasons to doubt me in the last few months," she admitted. "Even though I'm not guilty of anything I feel guilty and I haven't made too much of an attempt to get our life back in order. Is this job really worth it? Things will get better as soon as I finish school and get my license. I'll be able to spend more time at home and maybe we can get back to normal."

"Well, normal with a lot more money," she added aloud and gave a little giggle of satisfaction.

She had no sooner gotten to her feet when the bedroom door opened revealing Ray standing in the doorway. He was carrying his heavily wrinkled pants and his half-hard, morning erection was dangling out of the fly in his boxers. He looked like he had been run over by a truck.

He stood there glaring at her with much the same look he had given her the night before.

"Well, well, well, look who's here. What the fuck are you doing here?" he yelled. Aren't you supposed to be at they gym getting in shape for your boyfriend this morning?"

"I ... I didn't go to the gym this morning. I wanted to talk to you," Karen almost whispered in fright.

She had never seen him anywhere near this angry and he was scaring her.

"Talk to me? Talk to me?" he repeated. "Why would you want to talk to me? Who the fuck am I? I used to be your husband and now I don't know who I am so why would you want to talk to me?"

1...910111213...16