Lovin’, Touchin’, Squeezin’

Story Info
Story slightly inspired by the Journey song of my youth.
750 words
4.28
21.4k
32
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Kennyjf
Kennyjf
26 Followers

I noticed my soon to be ex-wife round the corner from the parking lot on her way to meet me for the first time since we separated. As she spied me awaiting her near the café entrance, I noticed a faint catch in her step before continuing. I gave her a disarming smile with a hello as her approach furthered until we met at the entrance and walked in.

After a brief hello I directed her to an occupied table near the front window where a rather large and fit man our age sat.

"April, this is a friend from a long time ago, Sean. Sean, this is my April, ,my ex."

They both said hello while I held out a chair facing a window for April to sit across from Sean with me having the view directly out front.

"April, I haven't seen Sean here for a few years and we played tournaments together. We kind of lost touch and I had reason to reach out to him recently as friends should do as something has come up which I believe requires his attention."

Sean nodded but other than the earlier hello he remained silent.

"Thank you for coming April," I continued. "You had mentioned several times about us remaining friends after you found the love of your life. I still have my doubts but circumstances and the proximity to my meeting with Sean today and I thought I would see how this might work out. I am still awful angry at what happened but it is what it is and if you can avoid talking about it or our past we can see if there is anything here to continue as friends."

"I'm sorry things worked out as they did Carl, but ..." started April but I interrupted with a hand signal to stop.

"Please stop April," I retorted, "I don't care and talking about it isn't going to make me any more open to being friends." I smiled trying to disarm the situation. "Besides, Sean probably doesn't want to get in the middle of that discussion either. He has enough on his plate. I did invite him to sit with us until his wife is ready for him to join her. So how have you been?"

April's initial frown turned to a smile with the question. She lost most of our mutual friends when I was ceremoniously "dumped" when she moved in to be with her soul mate. "Things are improving. Work is about the same and we are starting to settle in at our apartment." She started. After a pause to see if I would vent, she continued. "My parents and sister haven't warmed up at all, but they will be happy to hear you reached out and we are at least talking. I know my dad misses you. How have you been?"

"I miss him, them as well, please do give them my best regards. I don't feel it's appropriate to reach out to them at all but perhaps time will change that." I replied. I've been good although still a little unsettled in most aspects of my life. So, I'm trying to get back involved in other activities. For instance, I accidentally ran into Sean's wife the other day so I reached out. We may be just acquaintances now, but we were friends sometime back. You know me, I value a good, honest friend you can count on." As I said that I hoped the smirk didn't show on my face.

Unexpectedly, Sean spoke up, "Yeah, although it sort of lost touch with Carl a few years back and I feel bad for that but it happens as we grow our families. I've had so many false friends over the years it's nice to know people care enough about you to do the right thing."

"And April, I think I'm going to be the same friend to you." I uttered as I pointed out the café window." Across the street Sean's wife and April's soul mate were kissing as they entered the boutique hotel. Sean had already leapt from his seat and was rushing to the door, sprinting across the street. I don't think he and April's soul mate were going to be friends. April had gasped and looked back at me.

I got up frowning and as I started walking away, I sighed.

"Please let that be the last thing I do for you as a friend. I didn't enjoy it at all."

Kennyjf
Kennyjf
26 Followers